• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MLP - Age of Exploration (D&D 5e Custom System)

Characters
Here
Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Trixie stayed silent during this whole exchange... because she was too busy rolling on the ground laughing. What a pathetic evil monster!

... The Slaad however, was not laughing. There was a very long silence from the group of 'villains', and then, out of nowhere... one of the Slaad's started making sobbing noises and covering his eyes. "Oh my gosh I'm sooooo bad at this!" he whined out, while the other Slaad just tried to comfort him by patting him on the shoulder and giving him a little shake. "No you aren't, man! You're awesome! Just, like... try again!" He encouraged his friend, while the Beholder was just trying not to snicker. Even though it was dead and physically couldn't snicker, the group of adventurers definitely got the distinct impression that it was trying to laugh.

"Y-You're... y-you're right, I can do this..." The Slaad said quietly, though loud enough for the group to hear. He then straightened himself out and loudly, a little too loudly actually as if trying to be overconfident, said, "Don't come any closer, or... uhm... I will eat your hearts! Oh no why did I say that its so cliche and dumb..." he trailed off quietly before starting to cry again.

The Beholder and other Slaad just stared at each other, and then the Beholder turned to the group. "... Look, just go in the cave. This was supposed to be some amazing confrontation but let's be honest, the mood is gone. I don't even really want to turn you to dust anymore, and this one is crying to much too fight." he said while pointing one spectral eye-stalk at the crying Slaad.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Avedon just quietly shook his head. He wasn't angry at the Slaad, just dissapointed. He pat it's shoulder as he moved past into the cave
"You know you lay eggs in people. Maybe try something along those lines. Give it some thought over the time."
He stepped into the cave, bat-pony eyes naturally adjusting to the dimmer light as he kept up a brisk pace before the Slaad's sobbing would draw more monsters to them!

Arc Light

• Race: Unicorn

Class: Wizard(14)

Hit Points: 130/130

Armor Class: 15 (11[Leather Armor] + 2 [Dex] + 1 [Unarmed] + 1[Cloak])

Spell Save DC: 17

Arc sighed. "Look, don't feel too bad, man. You look super badass, you've just gotta get your stuff together. You've got a lot of potential." He frowned as the monster retreated. "I believe in you!"

Ability Scores
    Strength: +0

Dexterity: +2

Constitution: +3

Intelligence: +5

Charisma: +2

Ability Checks

Constitution: +7

Intelligence: +9

Leper would merely stare, finding it really interesting that this... Creature... Could actually cry, and even be upset over something like presentation. She'd just nod her head slowly, and make her way on past, heading into the cave, looking back at the creatures, "Strange... Effective... But strange." She'd mutter, nodding her head, before falling into step next to Expellix and Trixie, not really wanting to be near the other one. Freak.

Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
With the fight having been averted, they would hear the cries of the Slaad growing distant behind them... and then there was a pop as the Beholder teleported himself and the Slaad away. There was no more resistance as they entered the cave, save the the unearthly feel of the land around them. There was a constant fog seeping from the mouth of the cave, which itself looked like a fanged maw. Every step that the adventurers took had to be a careful one, because there were skeletons of past adventurers littered all around the cave.

Things didn't get better as they went inside. Black dragons were not known for treasure hoarding, but were rather known for being extremely cruel and savage creatures. While a red dragon was still evil, it got most of its joy from destroying towns and hoarding the treasure that they found there. But black dragons? They got their joys out of two things; seeing kingdoms fall, and torturing their prey. A red dragon might incinerate a pony for fun, but a black dragon would use its acidic breath weapon to slowly corrode the ponies flesh until it died screaming.

This dragon had killed... a lot of people. If what Luna had said was true, and it was in fact an ancient wyrm, they would have a difficult fight on their hands. The corpses of those who came before them lined the pathway up to the great wyrm, and made a stealthy approach nearly impossible. The dragon hadn't left these bones here for fun, it was purposefully using those bones as an alarm system. There was just so many bones that it wasn't possible to not kick one by accident.

Pools of acid bubbled and burst around them, stinging their coats as it sizzled their flesh. Luckily Trixie could easily mend such superficial wounds, and this acid was not overly strong.

As the adventurers finally reached the end of this massive bone-filled tunnel, they would finally see the Ancient Wyrm, Kyrak.
636252755854649337.jpeg
Like Luna had said, he was quite a bit heavier than a dragon really should be... but he was also thousands of years old, and powerful enough to destroy a city by himself. Strangely enough, Kyrak wasn't actually paying any attention to them. He was turned around from them, and had his head raised up to a small ledge.

The group could see a small bundle of shadows there, and it seemed to be pulsating as if talking to Kyrak. He nodded along in agreement, before suddenly turning towards them. His face looked like a skull, and acid dripped from his ravenous maw to the 50 feet below him onto the ground. The acid was strong enough to burn a hole in the stone.

Kyrak raised up and looked about ready to launch his breath weapon at them, before a voice broke through the silence.

"STOP!" cried the voice, and the adventurers could tell that it had come from the strange bundle of shadows. Kyrak stopped as if he had been hit by a train, and started shaking intensely. The shadows floated down towards them and took the form of an extremely beautiful mare... and a mare that they had all heard of before.
large.jpeg
The spirit landed right in front of the group... and just stared at Avedon. He would feel a strange sense of kinship to this spirit, but also a certain amount of fear. This spirit was a part of him, and who knows what she could do to him because of that? "What... are... you?" was all she asked. She came off as... tired. Not yet at full strength.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Leper was walking along quietly, as quietly as one could, crunching the skulls of those long dead stuck in her path. She had not time for such things as respect for the dead. The dead were dead, why respect them now? She'd continue along, before wincing, feeling the burning of the acid against her skin, and would growl to herself, before nodding a thanks to Trixie for healing her. It was nice that she was healing her, considering no one else seemed to try.

Except Expellix, because he was kind.

Then they entered the massive chamber, and she saw a absolute unit of a dragon, proceeding to immediately take a step back, rethinking her plans to fight such a creature. She was pretty sure they were all extremely under equipped for this, and felt her entire body tense when the thing turned around, about to melt them into shiny puddles.

Then she heard a beautiful voice, and looked up, her eyes wide as the ghost thing flew down, before turning into... A drop dead gorgeous mare, and one that Leper was sure was Nightmare moon. She'd step forward now, eyes wide, like a child seeing their idol, and nearly fell over her own hooves, "A... Are you..." She'd start, before taking a step back, seeming deeply confused, before shaking her head, "I... I feel... Conflicted." She'd mutter under her breathe, before looking at the group, then back to the mare.

Expellix's ears flicked and swiveled backwards in the direction of the crying Slaad, noticing the pop as the Beholder teleported away. That would make getting back out of the cave easy in the event that they needed to. You never really knew what kind of fucked up situations you would get into at these places. The scenario usually played out with something going wrong. The hard part is figuring it out before it happened.

Seeing how many ponies this dragon has killed did wonders to make Expellix wary of what they were walking into. If all of these bones were just lining the halls, that meant... this dragon was extremely dangerous. Such was a given, seeing as they were a black dragon, but he had to wonder how many of these bones belonged to the townsfolk of Hollow Shades. How many of them were from others... his relatively small size did make it easier for him to not kick one over, especially just hopping around on all fours, but there was so many it was damn near impossible. Teleporting over was a possibility but why waste the energy?

Expellix barely noticed the acid. Not the first time he's been burned by such, it likely would not be his last time either. They had a black dragon for that!

And the rabbit... still had no signs of fear, even in front of such a towering beast. There was only one thing he was afraid of and that pony died a long, long time ago. Yet his interest wasn't particularly taken up by the dragon; instead, his eyes were focused on the mass of shadows that they were seemingly communicating with. It felt... weird. He could sense some sort of magic from it but couldn't quite place it. It was a wonder why this dragon was even keeping such a thing around at all?

That was before it turned into a mare, although, Expellix was much less affected by Nightmare Moon's appearance than anybody else here. He held no sexual attractions and cared not for a pony's appearance, leaving him just perturbed as to why they were here, of all places. It was... unexpected.

"Nightmare Moon," he said slowly, sitting back on his haunches, staring up at her, eyes full of curiosity. "And here I thought you and Luna were the same mare... interesting."

Arc Light

Hit Points: 130/130

Much like Expellix, Arc was not impressed like everyone else. He simply raised an eyebrow at the form. "And... you are?" As he looked around and noticed the reactions on everyone else's face, he couldn't help but frown. Everyone else seemed to know who she was, but... he wasn't so sure. "Ah... anyone intending to fill me in?"

Ability Scores

Ability Checks

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Assailant Assailant

Starlight was unfazed by the skeletons, or the fresher corpses dotted around, or the pools of acid that singed her coat from merely walking past them. What did give her heart a sudden lurch was the Dragon. It was huge, and clearly very powerful. Starlight prepared to shield herself from an attack from the Dragon, when a voice cried out for it to stop. The Dragon, unbelievably, obeyed.

A shadowy form them came to them, and manifested itself as...Nightmare Moon? Except it clearly wasn't Luna, and was clearly weakened, and confused. This went against everything she had heard against The Mare in The Moon of legend. Arc asked the group who this was, and Starlight had to double take at this.

"Weren't you a scholar? This is Nightmare Moon! Nightmare Night? Tried to make the night last forever twice? Mare in the moon for 1000 years? I'm starting to see why nobody in Canterlot saw her return coming. What do they teach over there?"

Hit Points = 174/174
AC =13
Spell Points=7/7
Arcane Recovery: 4/4

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
The bones did not paint a pretty picture, and that was saying something since he usually enjoyed them. Knowing there was no way to minimize the amount of sound they made or go through the field undetected unless they had Trixie quietly animate EVERY single skeleton to shuffle to the side one by one, he simply strode them without hesitation or care. Even with Nightfall being the grim-reaper, he had little care for the "respect" of the dead in this case. These dragon's victims would either have him among them in which case he'd deem himself a failure worthy of being trod upon, or their slayer would be sent to rot along the cavern floor with them at which point he figured any debt would be more than adequately repaid.

When the arch-lizard himself finally came to view Avedon couldn't help but gag slightly between it's noxious odor and it's equally repulsive skeletal visage, the entire cave filled with it's acrid breath and the lingering acid in it stung at his lungs
"Ugh, I mean, I knew he had acid...I knew he was fat...but if it's this strong how did it NOT boil away at least that double-chin along with his face?"

Then the figure came into view, his eyes locked onto the dark form as it slowly materialized. From one second to the next Avedon was stripped of his years of war - of the layers of duty, sarcasm, and misanthropy he shielded himself with.

He knew this shape. He knew this voice. He knew the hollow pit in his soul it called out to...the yawning void that was torn open fresh again and took with it his voice and strength for a fleeting moment. He could also feel the fear...and the need from that emptiness made manifest in this being as keenly as if it were his own because...it WAS his own. It had always been his own. Behind everything that he did, and he became, that fear and longing had shaped and molded him. That primal need to be whole, to kill, to serve was pounding at the walls of his mind. Once it would have overcome him, but he was more than a servant now. More than a boiling in his blood calling out for carnage, more than a fear that demanded he control and command others before they hurt him, more than just a nightmare.

He set his jaw and and stood firm before the great looming shadow, staring into it's eyes. He couldn't lie to it, so he spoke frankly and honestly at this ancient progenitor that had crafted the very flesh he had inherited from his tortured ancestors. He was not charmed to serve or lay down before her, he was no longer a slave and that was evident in every line of his face. His faith was laid at Luna's hooves, and more importantly, his friendship. He felt no hate for this being though, instead there was a glimmer of understanding...and pity.

"A servant? A weapon? I suppose I might have been...I kill though. That's what I am. A killer. Whatever reason I attach to each is merely incidental. What would you say you are?"
He looks over to the black-dragon
"...and why to this fat bone-toad?"

Surprisingly, Trixie was the first one to speak up about Leper's conflicted state. "... Leper. Siding with her or turning your back on us would be an act of treason. You can't do that! If she doesn't kill you, then a task-force from the Princesses will. Stand up strong and pick a side." the charismatic mare practically threatened. It was harsh, but it was true. This was a serious event in Leper's life, a massive fork in the road with only 2 possible outcomes. Trixie knew that... she just didn't want Leper to pick the wrong side.

Nightmare Moon was paying no real attention to Trixie, and instead had her eyes on Leper. Like a hunting cat, she sensed weakness. Weakness that she could manipulate. But for now, she focused on Avedon. "I was a ruler... once. I had a magnificent, beautiful kingdom. And then your kind showed up. With your magic and friendship, your numbers and your goddesses." She spit that last word out disgustedly. "Now I'm... nothing. Just a shadow... For now at least..."

Nightmare Moon dissipated into a shadowy form, keeping her alicorn appearance but with no real features. "As for this... 'fat bone-toad'..." she actually chuckled a bit at that. "He serves his purposes."

Nightmare Moon was looking around at the adventurers in front of her. They were each so strong, and it was making her a bit nervous. She was by no means at full power, and wasn't even sure that Kyrak and herself could stand up to this group... Not if they were all working together...

The shadow drifted over to Leper, and one of its tendrils reached up to gently stroke at her jawline. It actually hurt a little and felt like touching the void itself, sending a chill through Leper's body. Nightmare Moon wasn't sure if she could take a fight with this current group, but if she could turn one of them against the others...

"You can still survive this, my faithful one... turn your blade on your friends, and you can join my ranks as a disciple. The first of many. The leader of a new breed of Nightmare Cultist..." of course, Nightmare Moon wasn't going to rely on her charisma alone to win Leper over to her side. Her words were laced with magic, a magic which made it very hard for Leper to resist her advances.

Leper, make a DC 20 Charisma Check.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Leper would look around her companions, and look at Expellix. They were... decent friends, and she would like to imagine that maybe they would adventure more together, using their strength to ruin enemies, and rend their bodies. Of course, she'd look to everyone else. Trixie was... Kind enough, and healed her after hitting Leper with that fire magic.. Which was nice! Everyone else was also there.

She'd look back to Nightmare Moon, stepping back, hearing Trixie's words, but at the same time, not, "I... My friends... They are... I cannot do..." She'd mutter to herself, as if fighting, before blinking a few times, looking down at the ground, shaking her head, "I... I do... Not..." She'd say, tilting her head, her neck popping a good bit, before slouching seeming about to just give up, before standing up onto her hind legs, stabbing the sword into the ground, looking back at the group.

"I... I'm... Sor..." She'd start, before her eyes seemed to die a little, the stare becoming less... Full of life, "I will fight for my queen..." She'd say quietly. Then she suddenly lurched forward, moving quickly.

Ability Used: Whirlwind

Hit Roll: 25 (Trixie)
Hit Roll: 23 (Expellix)
Hit Roll: CRITICAL (Arc Light)

Damage Roll: 18 (Trixie)
Damage Roll: 23 (Expellix)
Damage Roll: 37 (Arc light)

Leper came to a stop, stabbing the large sword into the ground to stop herself, her body shaking. It was clear to see she didn't want to do it, as she was crying quietly, though most likely didn't see the fact she was crying, considering she just attacked all of them in a wild spin!

---
Leper:
HP: 159/159
AC:16

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix could more than clearly see where this was going for them. Nightmare Moon was a manipulator, trying to turn ponies on each other. It made sense; why fight at all when she could just get them to do it for her? It also had the practicality of her being weaker than usual, making this perhaps even more imperative. Leper's show of weakness in the face of Nightmare Moon made them a prime pick for such mental games.

"Leper..." The little rabbit started softly. He wasn't quite sure what to do, it was mostly something that the pony would have to fight off on her own. "Leper, come on, don't do this. You can't just turn on us now after all of this!"

Unfortunately, his words didn't help, and she was getting out her sword. It looked like this was going to be a fight against the dragon, Nightmare Moon, and Leper now. He stepped backwards, but considering that was a greatsword, it had some pretty exceptional reach on it. A deep gouge was made right across his cheek, the tip slicing through his flesh. He still managed to back away before it did too much to him.

Expellix... was conflicted! Leper was one of his only friends, and now she was fighting with Nightmare Moon and the dragon! He didn't want to hurt her but he wasn't being given much of a choice now. His axes came out, gripped tightly in each of his hands, and he hesitated. Staring Leper down, the bunny just couldn't bring himself to do it. She was being mind controlled, not doing this of her own free will... so he could simply spare her.

His rage was boiling to a peak and instead of going after Leper, his lunged straight for Nightmare Moon herself, with the single-minded intent on rending them limb from limb. He didn't care that they were an immortal, primordial, whatever type of being they decided to call themselves! It was one thing to try and harm his friends, but turning them against him? It was time to die, buddy.

Expellix's TurnAction
To-hit
Attack 1: 28 (13, +14, +1) (58 d100)
Attack 2: 30 (15, +14, +1) (85 d100)

Damage
Attack 1: 25 (6, +13, +6 Fire)
Attack 2: 25 (4, +13, +4 Dual Slice, +4 Fire)

Sneak Attack: 46 (6, 4, 6, 4, 4, 6, 5, 4, 2, 5)

Total: 96

Reaction
Uncanny Dodge against Leper's Whirlwind: Damage halved.

Expellix's StatsHP: 127/139
AC: 16

Buffs
+1 To-hit (Avedon's Aura)

Last edited:

Arc Light

Hit Points: 60/97

"Well then, this is a fascinating scientific opportunity!" Arc said excitedly as he pulled out his journal. "As far as I was concerned, I thought Nightmare Moon was a nickname at best and a mutation at worst, but was it really some kind of possession?" Arc looked between her and his journal, scribbling into it. "If it was a possession, then... what kind of power must this creature possess to be able to possess a literal deity? That's quite-" He paused as Leper spoke up. "Your que-?" As he was lowering his journal, he failed to react in time to the blade coming in.

"GAH, DAMN!" He hissed in pain as blood began to mat his fur. "Ack, your queen is a bitch!" Arc raised his hooves to cast a spell, before noticing how Leper was behaving. "Ah, mind control spell... I see." His hooves wavered for a moment before he sighed. "Leper this is gonna hurt quite a bit but really it's nothing personal. I'll apologize when you come to your senses." And with that, Arc hit her with a magical blast designed to incapacitate rather than kill.

Attack: Arcane Blast
    Result: 22
    Damage: 23

Ability Scores

Ability Checks

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

The moment Starlight realised that Nightmare Moon was trying to mentally manipulate Leper, she gave up all hope of trying to appeal to her with cries of 'come on, you can fight this!' or words to that effect. Starlight knew firsthand that the strongest wills in the world will crumble sooner or later in the face of brainwashing. At least Leper still had her cutie mark, which is more that Starlight's victims could have said.

Instead she turned her attention to the two other foes in the room; Nightmare Moon, and the dragon. Knowing that they'd have to fight the dragon eventually, she placed a Mark of Destruction on its head, then turned her attention to Nightmare Moon. She fired off an Arcane Blast at the apparition, before turning her attention to those who had been attacked. "Is everypony okay?" she asked.

Arcane Blast: To Hit Nightmare Moon: 18
Damage: 20

Bonus Action: Mark of Destruction on Dragon.

Hit Points = 174/174
AC =13
Spell Points=6/7
Arcane Recovery: 4/4

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"You are nothing by choice. You are not the only one ever left low, crushed, and hollowed, but you refuse to learn ..."
Whatever pity Avedon had for this creature all but evaporated once she pushed her influence through Leper's mind. He saw it entirely for what it truly was: Self-indulgent envy and toxic spite. It had touched many of the most important ponies to him, and had taken all but few of them away and still it was not satisfied, it would never be. He would not stand idle and let others become enslaved to this beast once again. He was no slave anymore. Attacking Leper would only weaken her ability to fight off the influence of the crone-tyrant but he had faith in her ability to recover
"Leper..."
He grit is teeth and sprung into the fight,sword raising high above their head as the roof of the cavern was cast into a pitch-black darkness that bled down over the entire arena. In the center of it, was Luna's moon. No stain of a Nightmare face upon it, clean and pure and it's light only illuminating THEIR eyes as it radiated around Avedon's blade, infusing it with her energy.

"Eppellix keep up the pressure on her, but everyone else needs to beware that dragon's breath. It's going to tear through us if we don't keep him occupied..."

Reaction: Get Down! on Trixie
+12 health

Action: Shadowfall
-3 for all enemies to hit, +4 damage to Avedon's attacks

Bonus: To Victory! on Eppellix
+4 to AC, +4 to damage, +2 to-hit and critically strikes on an 18-20 for 6 Rounds

Auras:
+1 For Allies to Hit
-3 For Enemy Ability Checks

HP: 174/174
AC: 22
SP: 7/7

Last edited:
Nightmare Moon's aura alone was a powerful force to be reckoned with, and the heroes would all find it sapping at their strength. The very ground around them turned black and shadowy, and sapped at their strength.

All characters must make a DC 21 Constitution Save, or take 12 damage. Please note in your post if you fail the save.

Starlight's attack didn't even stagger Nightmare Moon, who turned an eye on her... only for an annoying peasant to slam an axe into her neck. Nightmare Moon looked down at the cut in her neck, and then narrowed her eyes at Expellix. "You... I smell her on you. What are you to her? A slave? A guardian? No matter..." the black alicorn reared back and a spear of black energy shot from her horn, striking Expellix painfully. He would feel his life force attempting to be pulled away from him by her magic, leaving him possibly weakened...

Expellix: Take 28 damage, and make a DC 21 Constitution Save. On a failed save, have your hit point maximum also reduced by 28 until a full days rest or a Heal spell.

Even as Nightmare Moon unleashed her basic attack on Expellix, something else caught her attention. A great darkness had just overtaken the area, but such darkness would not effect her. One thing, however, did take her attention; a bright glowing moon in the air, pure and bright and without her visage upon it. She gritted her teeth and snarled, before turning upon Avedon.

"You would dare bring the moons light into my domain?!" She cried out, before striking out at Avedon with her most powerful attack. A cloud of darkness appeared over Avedon and then struck out at him, striking deeply into his mind, bringing his fears (whatever they may be) to the forefront. Everyone had fears, and Nightmare Moon knew how to manipulate them.

Avedon: Make a DC 21 Charisma Save, or take 32 damage and be frightened. While frightened you are also paralyzed, and cannot act this coming round.

The dragon however was not able to so easily see through the magical darkness. Rather than try and wade into the combat with his melee strikes, the dragon took in a deep breath and spewed a line of acid at where he had last seen the adventurers. His acid melted the floor instantly when it landed and, although his aim was off, he managed to splash Trixie, Avedon and Leper with it. Nightmare Moon might kill him when this was all over, for hurting Leper! Probably not though.

Avedon and Leper, make a DC 22 Dexterity Save. damage. Take 26 on a successful save or 52 damage on a failed save.

Attempting to disperse the darkness, the dragon rose to his full height and beat his wings furiously. It had no effect on the spell, but the heroes would find themselves dealing with tornado force winds which knocked them down possibly!

All characters make DC 23 Dexterity Saves or take 16 damage.

Trixie avoided the majority of Leper's attacks thanks to Ave calling it out, and came out with just a superficial cut. "Leper, snap out of it!" She screamed, before succumbing strongly to Nightmare's aura, and then literally walking into the acid stream. She would have probably died, if not for Expellix calling out for her to duck. She hit the floor like a sack of rocks, and felt the acid only splash over her! It still hurt, but it wasn't going to kill her.

And then she was tossed around by winds. UGH. Luckily she still wasn't dead.

Knowing that she had to stay alive in order for the group to win, Trixie tossed a heal over herself and let out a pained breath. "Come on... we can do this!" she panted out, before summoning a boat load of magic to her horn and pointing it at Nightmare Moon. "Take it, bitch!" she cried out as a massive ball of rock and fire formed at her horn, and launched at Nightmare Moon.

The primordial felt that one and let out a grunt as it shattered against her body. She was beginning to look a little tired... but the dragon was not.

Being forced to fight against ones friends was enough to ring through the mind control Leper was under, and she would start to feel Nightmare's influencing easing up...

Leper make a DC 10 Charisma Save.
---
Trixie's Stats
AC: 15
HP: 57/100
Spell Points: 6/10
Sorcery Points: 14/14

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Con Save 1 (Floor): 12
Con Save 2 (Dragon): 27

Starlight felt the very ground she was standing on make her weaker. By the time she steeled herself to it, she had already endured some mental and physical strain. Nightmare Moon gave no reaction to Starlight's spell, and seemed more affected by the actions of her comrades than their attacks. The dragon was also starting to get involved, and almost sent Starlight sprawling, and actually did send Trixie slamming to the ground, only to then immediately get acid sprayed on her. Despite this, her tough marefriend got up and fired off an impressive spell at Nightmare Moon, who looked worse for wear after taking it on top of everything else that had been dished out.

Starlight looked to Trixie, then looked at the Dragon. If she healed Trixie, that'd set off the Mark of Destruction way earlier than Starlight had planned, but her love was hurt! Screw it! She healed Trixie with Cure Wounds, and at the same time, the mark on the dragon's head exploded, most likely doing very little but pissing it off. Starlight stood by Trixie's side, and added her own attack to the onslaught Nightmare Moon was facing; Arcane Barrage.

Arcane Barrage (To hit Nightmare Moon): 27
Damage (15D8): 75

Bonus Action: Cure Wounds on Trixie: 40 HP

Mark of Destruction Damage to Dragon: 18

Hit Points = 122/134
AC =13
Spell Points=9/12
Arcane Recovery: 3/4

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon Assailant Assailant

Leper would stare at all her friend, raising her sword to swing out again, only to have painful acid splash across her legs, making her stagger. She'd let out a scream of pain, feeling it burning away her flesh, even some eating through her mask!

When it was finally over, she'd let out a roaring scream, standing up onto her hind legs. She'd take in a sharp breath, before growling as she exhaled, looking around. She was pretty pissed off now.

Ability used: Rage!

She'd look around, before locking onto Arc Light. He'd attacked her, and she wanted pay back. She'd charge at him, raising her sword up, planning to try and cleave him in two!

Ability Used: All In! + 4 Damages, -2 to Hit!
1st Attack Hit: 25
2nd Attack Hit: 23

1st Attack Damage: 19 (4+4+11)
2nd Attack Damage: 23! (6+6+11)

She'd snarl as she cut into him, glaring daggers at him now. She didn't seem like she was fighting against the mental attack all that well... This was going absolutely lovely! For Nightmare Moon that is. She'd look around more, her eyes twitching around in her sockets, clearly the mental effects were really starting to mess with her.

-
Leper
HP: 254/218
AC:16

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Avedon's hooves dug into the ground as the cloud of darkness engulfed him. He could distantly feel his body pelted and torn only distantly, it faded farther and farther as he was enveloped in the shadows of his own mind. Everyone DID have fears. He would not pretend otherwise. For all the layers of duty he wrapped himself in, he was still a pony. This is what Nightmare Moon had done for millennia. She fed off weakness, fear, tragedy...she'd find and twist any desire. It was her vile talent to drown people in the despair and blackness they kept locked away deep inside of them out of sight. It's what Nightmare herself was, a little bad-dream that was left all alone in some dark crevice of the mind. Poison and spite, a slave to her nature, that would never be content until everyone and everything was dragged into the same miserable darkness that filled the hollow of anything decent, noble, or of value. Her essence poured into his mind like any other, a wave washing over his pitifully tiny mortal soul like a candle attempting to stay lit against an oncoming Hurricane. Nightmare had withered nations, gods, everything she had ever come across and touched. This pathetic being was one built from the very earliest age to be her slave, a soldier a thousand years in the making by her ancient experiments.

Yes Avedon did indeed have fears...but they had all already come true.

He had once loved and been loved and had it torn from him. He did not carry it as a thorn in his heart - rather he carried it as a reminder that his heart was still complete even now, he lived on for the both of them.

He had brought a daughter into this world only for her to be born sickly, he had raised her for years only to see her wilt away into death's embrace far before her time. What more grievous loss could he fear to suffer in this life?

He had attempted to live in peace but there was no such thing as peace or innocence for brave souls, the world would always call them to it's need. He would fight and stand as a ready blade for the world until he died. His duty and sense of right and wrong informed every action - he did not hold regrets in his choices for he believed each to be the correct, so how could he fear their outcome regardless of where it led?

Like her, he was alone. A world he was no longer truly a part of passing away in long years and days blurring together in a broken haze marked by violence. But he made his peace with it, he was neither slave to his loss or his regrets for her to haunt him with his loneliness. He had nothing good left to die for no, but he could still live with nothing left to lose. Nothing to tempt him with gaining, nothing to terrify him with losing.

With each fear she called up against him that tiny light that stood before her only grew brighter and brighter, blazing now like a sun where his eyes were as her tempestuous assault waned away to impotence.

There was in his heart only a single lingering fear left: That if he ever confronted her again all the strides he had made since his days of slavery would be gone and the “good” in him was truly just a pretense for violence and he'd lead happily back into the certainly and safety of blind zealotry. That fear was gone now, instead replaced with a steely desire, the first thing that had burned inside of him with a need to fulfill for a long time.

He did not care if he died, he did not care about their mission. He had a duty deeper than that now. Even unto the ends of the world, of time, and into the jaws of death, he would see Nightmare ended once and for all. This was what his entire life had led him towards...This hour, this moment, this battle...this would be his peace.

The cloud of darkness around him shattered as his wings spread out, his form darkened, taller, mane of ethereal silver flowing from his head and tail as he entered his Shadowform.

You have no power here Nightmare...”

His eyes burned with that same wretched strength he had called up against her onslaught. She stared at a being she could not manipulate or control. Not because Friendship or Harmony protected him, but because he had endured her own darkness...and unlike her, he had been strong enough to climb out of it, and like her, he knew this one would offer no mercy.

Too long have you sat in the shadows, little shadow. You offer nothing but the echoes of dreams. Once I could have offered to show you another way...but you are nothing but a dream too weak to stand the light of sun or moon that happened to be dragged into the waking world. It's time to end this dream-charade once and for all...”

His sword bathed in the raw divine light of the moon struck at Nightmare, marking his defiance as the dragon's wings beat him down and he spun, blade carving into Kyrak, the toad that had drawn them out here. He trusted his friends to aid him, even as he pulled attention so they could recover from the staggered assaults on them.

ENOUGH OF YOU SLAVE! You will NOT interfere in this a moment longer!”

Reaction: Get Down! on Arc
-9 damage

Action:

Nightmare
Attack 1: 29 (14 + 15) (88/100)
28 + 4 shadow damage
32 total

Kyrak
Attack 2: 32 (17 + 15) + Smite
Damage: 29 + 34 shadow damage
63 total

Attack 3: 28 (13 + 15) + Smite
Damage: 31 + 39 shadow
70 total

Bonus: Shadowform (4 turns)

Aura:
+1 For Allies to Hit
-4 Enemy Saving Throws

Saving Throws
18+5 = 23 con save Pass
15+3 = 18 dex save Fail
4+3=7 dex save Fail
19+11=30 charisma save Pass

HP: 106/174
AC: 24

SP: 3/7
6/8 Smite

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Constitution Save: 5 (2+3) for Nightmare Moon's Aura

Expellix's eyes widened when Nightmare Moon turned on him, black magic charging up in her horn, and it struck him, but he managed to turn himself in the air to roll with the magical blast instead of a direct hit. He was sent rearing backwards, rolling across the ground briefly, but quickly suddenly snapped in the air and spun, righting himself to come back down on his paws, breathing hard. That was to his chest. Rubbing the sore spot, Expellix regarded her with... hate in his eyes, surprisingly enough.

Constitution Save: 22 (19+3) for Nightmare Moon's attack

"A slave or a guardian? No, I'm neither." He stood up fully, staring her down. There seemed to be no lingering effects on him from her blast. The rabbit... seemed to be resistant to the shadows! "I'm just a rabbit who has got a mountains worth of personal issues. One of them happens to be you right now. So I'm afraid you really need to die now."

This whole adventure seemed to be one mess after another, and although there were a few spots of joy, this was undeniably probably not in the job description. They were sent for a dragon, not a Primordial, but this was now happening. Did Luna actually know that Nightmare Moon was here and had actually sent them to deal with it instead? Guess she didn't want to risk being possessed a second time.

Despite all their power, they still end up sending mortals to do the dirty work. You would think an alicorn could end these kinds of problems. Nope, immortal problems turned mortal problems.

Expellix turned his attention to the dragon as he began buffeting them with their wings, sending great winds through the cavern. The rabbit widened his eyes. He would be completely swept off his feet and into the air. Thinking quickly, he brought his axe down and buried the blade deep into the dirt, bearing the winds by holding onto that, using it to keep himself grounded. When they ended, he heaved Judgment back out of the dirt, twirling it briefly in his hand.

Dexterity Save: 25 (14+11) against Kyrak

Taking Avedon's example of power, he steeled himself. He was quite right. The time was now.

His grip on his axes tightening, when Avedon went for Kyrak, Expellix dashed forward, axes raised, and swung both in a cross motion; one axe swung horizontally, while the other was vertical just a fraction of a second afterwards. Flames licked at the edges of both of his axes, raising into a full flame like a torch, causing Judgment and Insight to also deal deep burns into her flesh.

"Unfortunately for you, the moon isn't on your side anymore." Expellix growled, spinning one more for one last scathing slice. "I've got your back, Avedon! Keep your guard up!" He turned his head to Trixie. "Don't hurt Leper too badly, just try to keep her out of the fight! She needs time to break free!"

While he was busy speaking, both axes acted on their own; Insight stayed near his side, while Judgment lashed out against Nightmare Moon, its burning blade seeking to bury itself into her flesh again.

Expellix's TurnReaction
Uncanny Dodge against Nightmare Moon's Basic Attack, damage halved!
Damage: 14 (down from 28)

Attacks on Nightmare Moon
To-hit
Attack 1: 35 (18, +14, +2 To Victory!, +1 Avedon's Aura) CRITICAL (78/100)
Attack 2: 36 (19, +14, +2 To Victory!, +1 Avedon's Aura) CRITICAL (69/100)

Damage
Attack 1: 37 (7, 4, +13, +4 To Victory!, 5 Fire, 4 Fire) CRITICAL
Attack 2: 45 (8, 7, +13, +4 To Victory!, +4 Dual Slice, 4 Fire, 5 Fire) CRITICAL

Sneak Attack
72 (1, 6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 5, 3, 3, 4, 1, 4, 3, 6, 3, 5, 2, 2, 5, 4) CRITICAL

Bonus Action - Dancing Blades on Nightmare Moon
To-hit
39 (20, +14, +4 To Victory!, Avedon's Aura) CRITICAL (69/100)

Damage
37 (5, 8, +13, +4 To Victory!, 3 Fire, 4 Fire) CRITICAL

Total: 191

Saving Throws (In Order)
Constitution Save—Aura: 5 (2+3) for Nightmare Moon's Aura
Constitution Save—Attack: 22 (19+3) for Nightmare Moon's attack
Dexterity Save—25 (14+11) against Kyrak

Expellix's StatsHP: 101/139
AC: 20

Buffs
To Victory! by Avedon
+4 Damage, +4 To-hit, +2 AC, critical strike on 18-20, 3 rounds left
Avedon's Aura
+1 To-hit
Dancing Blades
Can use a bonus action to do an extra swing, +2 AC, 4 rounds remaining

Leper is no longer mind controlled. Trixie, Leper and Arc; gain 2 levels.

Trixie gave Starlight a thankful nod, before turning her attention back on the fight. She held her magic in for now, waiting for a prime opportunity with which to either strike Nightmare Moon, or save a life...

Action Held. Next round, Trixie will act twice.

Nightmare Moon barely even heard Avedon's speech, because she was too busy being assaulted by everypony! Starlight's blast of magic knocked Nightmare Moon senseless, while Avedon's smiting and Expellix's sneak attacks tore pieces of her flesh open. However, she did not bleed or show any real signs of damage. She looked like she was enjoying it. Shadowy smoke rose from her wounds, while continued to seal themselves shut.

Were they even hurting her? That's what Trixie was beginning to wonder.

As the assault against her ended, Nightmare Moon took off into the air and stared down at the group. "When you filthy creatures were building your mud huts, I was commanding the largest empire this world has ever seen! I wanted to wipe your kind from the face of this planet, but none of my brothers or sisters would agree to such bloodshed; not even the so-called 'God of Chaos'! But when they finally saw the error of their ways, it was too late! Your Gods and Goddesses and your Champions overpowered us, killed almost all of us. My empire, my brothers and sisters, my people; GONE!"

Nightmare Moon dispersed into a cloud of darkness, and began to circle around Kyrak's head. He was beginning to look rather worried. "Let today be a reminder to the races of this planet who think themselves safe; before there were deities and mortals, there were Primordials. And we want our realm back."

With that being said, the cloud of darkness began to swirl faster around Kyrak before traveling into his eyes, mouth and nostrils. The dragon looked to be in immense pain during this and let out a wail, slamming his head against the stone wall hard enough to shake the cavern that they were in. As Nightmare Moon's essence began to overtake Kyrak, something fascinating happened; his shape changed, and he began to appear more shadowy. He also grew several dozen feet taller, and heavier as well. When the transformation was complete, he was left looking like this;
274354217050211.png
"O....kay...." was all Trixie could really get out.

With Nightmare Moon now controlling the dragon, the party would be hit by an even more powerful wave of dread as the shadows that once stole their life force instead filled their hearts with fear.

ALL CHARACTERS: Must succeed on a DC 14 Charisma saving throw, or become frightened. While frightened, you have disadvantage on attack rolls against Nightmare Moon. You may repeat this saving throw again each turn, ending the effect on a success. If you succeed, you are immune to this fear aura.

The shadow dragon took in a deep breath and spewed out a line of acid on the group, which hit Expellix, Avedon and Leper! This acid felt the same as last time, but the dragon didn't seem to be exerting itself much by using it. Meaning, it might be able to use it again very soon...

AVEDON, EXPELLIX AND LEPER: Make a DC 22 Dexterity save. On a failed save, take 65 damage. On a success, take 32.

But Nightmare Moon wasn't done yet. Even as her trail of acid barely left her mouth she was already storming forward, intent on crushing these mortals for daring to go against her. Her giant gaping maw looked around before her eyes settled on Starlight, the one who had hit her with that powerful arcane blast before. She snapped down at Starlight, hoping to crush the small pony in her jaws!

STARLIGHT: Hit with bite (28) for 51 points of damage.

As her jaws fell down around Starlight, Nightmare picked the mare up and looked towards her next victims. She sent one more claw towards Leper for good measure, and then focused on Avedon. That one was really annoying her. Her first claw actually missed, to Nightmare's surprise; so she responded by whipping around and slamming her massive tail into the bat pony instead.

LEPER: Hit with claw (23) for 27 points of damage.

AVEDON: Missed with claw (22) and hit with tail for 38 points of damage.
--------------
Trixie's Stats
AC: 15
HP: 143/146
Spell Points: 9/12
Sorcery Points: 16/16

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Could use a heal here Trixie, Star. Whichever of you can get around to it." He said as he did his best to coordinate people while he could while Nightmare Moon was off inside the toad-dragon of all things throwing herself a fit. A few shadows wrapped around his wings acting as a barrier as his form flickered unevenly before the dragon viciously...slobbering over them.

Actions:
To Vengeance!
+1 Attack for Allies

Reaction:
Look Out Starlight
-10 damage

Bonus: Invisibility 3 Turns

HP: 3/174
AC: 26
SP: 2/7

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix was just a tad bit creeped out by her seeming enjoyment of the pain, but that was backtracked for the fact that nothing they did seemed to actually be hurting her! Guess they didn't call her a 'Primordial' for nothing, and that mortals were not meant to be fighting these types of dudes. Too bad Luna somehow did not notice that Nightmare Moon was actually with the dragon. What a mess this was turning out to be for them.

He backed away from the fight after dealing his own blows to her, seeing how he wasn't doing any lasting damage. There had to be something they could do here.

Unfortunately, things were about to get even worse for the lot of them. As Nightmare Moon began laughing, even Kyrak was looking a bit uneasy from it. "Don't you diss mud huts! Nice and insulated, even if not the most structurally sound thing in the world!" The little bunny barked back. He had plenty of experience with building mud huts, being a bunny, though he definitely preferred nice, safe holes in the ground. "About as structurally sound as your psyche, though, fucking weirdo! Don't you Primordials know how to stay dead!?"

And now suddenly two were becoming one, Kyrak and Nightmare Moon fusing together to create some... abomination. He got bigger in every way as Nightmare Moon's vile essence melded with his own, and Expellix was getting a bit nervous about this fight. He wasn't particularly afraid of dying, but seeing how the others all actually had lives to get back to, this may pose a bit of a problem. This was supposed to just be a spot of dragon hunting, not hunting a dragon and apparently a Primordial!

Charisma Save: 14 (11+3)

With the wave of dread, Expellix closed his eyes and just... blocked out his fear. Focusing on keeping the others safe, he resisted, standing up as tall as he could, which was only about a foot and a half, and stared down death. "Don't be afraid! Stand together and we might just pull through this alive!" He shouted to everybody else. Hopefully it helped!

Dexterity Save: 28 (17+11)

The next bit of business was avoiding that sudden wave of acid heading for them! His eyes narrowed and with his adrenaline kicking in a bit. It was just a line of acid spewing out, which meant that it also wasn't very difficult to dodge! As it came towards them, Expellix simply got down on all fours and bunched up to lunch himself up and over the line, landing somewhere off to the dragon's left. The others would have to figure out how to avoid that for themselves, unfortunately, as he couldn't exactly help them there.

Seeing as there was an opening, Expellix brandished his axes and went to attack! Aiming for anywhere that looked like a weak point, particularly the eyes, he just hacked and slashed!

Expellix TurnAttacks: To-hit
Attack 1: 33 (16, +14, +2 To Victory!, +1 Avedon's Aura)

Attacks: Damage
Attack 1: 27 (6, +13, +4 To Victory!, +4 Fire)

Bonus Action
Attack 1 To-hit: 28 (7, +14, +2 To Victory!, +1 Avedon's Aura)
Attack 1 Damage: 24 (8, +13, +4 To Victory!, +3 Fire)

Sneak Attack
43 (6, 4, 1, 6, 1, 5, 4, 5, 5, 6)

Total Damage: 94

Reaction
N/A

Saves
Charisma Save: 14 (11, +3)
Dexterity Save: 28 (17, +11)

Expellix's StatsHP: 101/139
AC: 20

Buffs
To Victory! by Avedon
+4 Damage, +2 AC, +2 To-hit, 2 rounds left
Avedon's Aura
+1 To-hit
Dancing Blades
Can use a bonus action to do an extra swing, +2 AC, 3 rounds remaining
Dex save: 28 (17+11)
Charisma save: 14 (11+3)

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

DC Charisma Save: 5

Starlight was stunned as she watched the powerful entity known as Nightmare Moon, that that had been almost equal in power to Celestia herself, combined with the massive dragon, to form a creature even more terrifying than the sum of its parts. Starlight was actually quaking with dread in response to this being's new fusion of power and might.

She hadn't even the courage to move when it lunged to bite her. She screamed when the dragon's jaws engulfed her, and the sharp teeth pierced her flesh. This was the moment in which she heard Avedon's request for a healer, and gritted her teeth irritably. "Trixie, can you get that? I'm a bit busy here!" she shouted from in between the dragon's jaws. She then charged up her horn, and delivered an arcane barrage into the dragon's mouth and down its throat. She then followed it up with some scorching rays.

Arcane Barrage - To Hit: 16 (+1, disadvantage)
Damage (15D8): 71

Scorching Ray - Damage (5D6): 23

Hit Points = 81/134
AC =13
Spell Points=6/12
Arcane Recovery: 2/4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back