• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am looking for a long term writing partner.

Requirements:
18+. Really, the older the better. Someone who has been out in the world and has pursued a career or two, or three.
Fairly literate.
Able to advance a story, not regurgitate my posts back to me.
Commitment. I understand real life. But if you know you have major changes in your schedule coming up like school that will make it impossible to commit, don’t.

Characters
Shy, meek characters are boring. Don’t make me do all the work. I get bored easily with that. It’s hard trying to hold the entire conversation.
I prefer detailed characters. Careers, studies, hobbies, family. Not everyone has all of these. Yes, I know you can’t expect a high school character to have a career. But I have seen so many CS sent to me that were two dimensional disposable NPCs rather than main characters.
I prefer MxF. I can run either easily enough, though I am male. I don’t mind running extras.

Now if I haven’t frightened you off, here are some ideas:

Swiss Family Robinson / Robinson Crusoe - I love the survival sub genre. It is a hobby for me, so much so that until I gave my collection away recently, I had books that covered how to rebuild civilization from stone knives, flint, and adobe bricks up to nuclear generators, IC chips, and robots. In a Gilligan’s Island scenario I would be the Professor.

Variations - Journey to the Center of the Earth, lost continent scenarios
Issues - I have an annoying preference for realism.

Asteroid miner - This is obviously a future setting. I like Expanse type technology. For this scenario to work it has to be cheaper to work in space privately than in the TV series.

Anachronism scenario - an anachronism is something out of its time. Time travel accidents, Rip van Winkle events, 17 Again type scenario, etc.

Contact via PM
Please give the subject a unique name. If you call it something generic like “RP Thoughts” I will probably never respond as the post will be lost in obscurity. Do you have any idea how often I get sent PMs like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back