Mistborn: Under The Red Sun [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

roSpEnTo

Title: Mistborn: Under The Red Sun
Game: Mistborn Discord
Player Count: 4-6 Depending on interest

Premise:
A red sun rises over a field of ash covered plants. A group of workers trudge slowly into factories inside cramped cities. Nobles dine on delicate food and drink in grand ballrooms. Obligators watch over everyone and everything. Mist flows over every street after nightfall. On a rooftop a man burns tin and his vision sears through the darkness, on the streets a woman burns pewter and performs inhumane feats of strength. In the shadows your crew plans and schemes. Tonight's the night, time to put a plan into action.

82f528f933db39fced2166e3d9e0014b.jpg

Scandrial is a world scarred by conflict and class divides. The Lord Ruler has ruled the Final Empire for 1000 years in the capital of Luthadel, aided by his Steel Ministry. Nobles lord over the poor Skaa who are treated as slaves, beaten and forced to work for either tokens or mere handfuls of coin. Money isn't the driving force of the economy in Scandrial though, secrets are what make the world go round. Secrets and allomancy. Allomancy is the practice of using trace elements of metal to burn and create different effects. Allomancers, also known as Mistings, are rare talents and are only able to burn one of the metals. Even rarer still are the Mistborn, people with the skill to burn all available metals. Only those with noble blood can perform allomancy but there are half-breeds among the skaa who hide their talents. This will be a story about a crew of misfits who are part of the skaa underground, people cast out or living in the shadows allied by a common goal...

House Rules/Game Style: This game will be running the Mistborn Adventure Game system, I will provide copies of the rule book to all the players. It's not something I've run before so it might take a little bit of time but I love the books and I have been excited to run this for a while. Don't worry if you have never read the books, you don't need to know the story to play the game as this takes place before any of that happens. This will most likely be very heavily RP based and rely more on your RP than on dice rolls. Telling a good story is far more important to me than getting the mechanics right first time. Don't worry if you have to take your time to do something, we are all in the same boat. Generally I run relaxed games with a focus on inner party RP.

Character Creation: Okay, the important stuff - You will all be a part of the same crew, working towards the same goals. Character creation is a really involved process in this game and it will likely take a few days or more to fully nail the characters and crew down but the whole point of the game is about how everyone works together so it's really important. The system itself rewards players who have really thought about their character and how they would interact with the world as a whole.

Other Stuff: Whilst I seem to be always on the server at whatever hour, I am actually GMT and sometimes my posting can reflect that. I also work split weekly shifts (one week 4.30 pm finish, one week 9pm finish) so stuff might change a bit week on week, and I can't have my phone out a lot in work. My posting speed as a DM varies but you can expect a fairly relaxed game with occasional bursts of energy.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you have any questions, I'm usually around.

ROOOOOB lemme play please rob this sounds absolutely wonderful (although I understand if I don’t get picked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread