• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 [CLOSED]

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

• intro

what ifs

kane brown

overview.

T
    he fairy godmothers exchanged exasperated glances over their teacups. This was not at all going according to plan. They nudged the youngest out of them, a fairy with only one streak of silver hair at each temple, to tap their leader on the shoulder. Marian smiled serenely at her colleague, who gestured to the magical map on the table.

“Marian? What do you call this?”

“Four happy marriages, of course!”

“But Marian… they’re not married to the right princes.”

“What? How is that possible?”

It was true. Somehow, someway, their godchildren had gotten married to the wrong true love. You’d think you’d know you were marrying the wrong person… But while the fairy godmothers are well aware of this mistake, somehow each couple is convinced they are with the ones they danced with at the Four Kingdom Ball. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Though they think they’re happily married, something is not sitting right with them. Could it be that true love isn’t all it’s cracked up to be? Or did Marian forget her glasses at the most crucial moment?

- - -​

Welcome to Mistaken Cinderella, yet another retelling of the classic Cinderella tale. Except in this version, there are multiple Cinderellas. And princes. And fairy godmothers.

Marian is a great Head Godmother, but uh… she messed this one up. Each Cinderella is married to the wrong love of their life. Talk about a bad day! While each couple is fairly sure they’re marrying the right person (call it flubbed magic/memory), there’s something wrong…

Each Cinderella has a slightly different background, as does each prince. However, all were at the Four Kingdom Ball, and all danced with someone and fell in love with them. If you’re feeling fun, there could even be a princess/male Cinderella thing going on! For now, I only need 7 characters to balance this thing out. If there’s a lot of interest, we can try increasing that number. But large groups scare me very much. I’ve got a Cinderella in mind, so that means there are 3 Cinderellas and 4 princes available.

As for how the mistaken marriages are decided, that will be decided in the OOC chat once everyone is accepted! If everyone is indecisive (like I am), then it's possible we might be using a wheel to randomize it (but let's hope it doesn't come to that). But for now, let's focus on gathering interest, eh?

Thank you for reading this far! Please let me know if you have any questions!

intro

roles

rules

Cinderella

except we
fucked up

genre

comedy, slice of life, romance, drama

status

accepting

gms

animegenork

spots open

3 cinderellas, 4 princes

cs due date

tbd

♡coded by uxie♡

Character sheet deadline is May 26th. Links in the above code but also below:
CS Page || OOC

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!

Thank you so much for expressing interest in my chaotic little plot 😊

The CS page is up! The link can be found in the first post, or you can use the link below:

Again, thank you so much for your interest! I will see about a temporary OOC thread soon!

Hello, everyone!

Thank you so much for expressing interest in my chaotic little plot 😊

The CS page is up! The link can be found in the first post, or you can use the link below:

Again, thank you so much for your interest! I will see about a temporary OOC thread soon!
Just had a question before I start working on a character; not sure if I missed it so sorry if it’s already been answered, but is this like modern or is it a historical piece? Like common fairy tail time period? I hope that makes sense 😭

Just had a question before I start working on a character; not sure if I missed it so sorry if it’s already been answered, but is this like modern or is it a historical piece? Like common fairy tail time period? I hope that makes sense 😭

It does! It's a bit of a modern fantasy; so think everyone lives relatively similar to how we do, but there's magic! I hope that makes sense 😊

This presents the philosophical question and dilemma if love itself can be correct or incorrect? What is the nature of “false love?” Is it not human adaptability that allows us to facilitate relationships with people in spite of their flaws?

Is there not an ethical dilemma too that begs the question of free will to choose who one does and doesn’t love?

Do you intend on going over any of that in this rp?

This presents the philosophical question and dilemma if love itself can be correct or incorrect? What is the nature of “false love?” Is it not human adaptability that allows us to facilitate relationships with people in spite of their flaws?

Is there not an ethical dilemma too that begs the question of free will to choose who one does and doesn’t love?

Do you intend on going over any of that in this rp?

Uh... to be honest, I wasn't thinking of any of that when I came up with the idea 😅 I just thought it would make for some comedic chaos.

Since this is supposed to be a bit of lighthearted fun, I highly doubt I personally will be going too deep into philosophy, unless everyone else participating wants to

Uh... to be honest, I wasn't thinking of any of that when I came up with the idea 😅 I just thought it would make for some comedic chaos.

Since this is supposed to be a bit of lighthearted fun, I highly doubt I personally will be going too deep into philosophy, unless everyone else participating wants to
Okay. Good. I don’t need any of that stuff on my conscious.

Okay second question. I’m a trans female. Is that a dealbreaker by fairytale standards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back