• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mission: Operation Snowglobe!

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Page Morgan, at last! And here come the kids!

Mood: It's almost showtime!

@s: @Mini T-Rex Syndrome

Aaron slips his phone back in his pocket and starts down the stairs. Page Morgan is hovering on the landing looking out the window towards McNabb's car. He had failed to notice her previously while focusing not fat-fingering his keypad, but he just catches her last statement, a plea that the weirdo out the window is somebody else's weirdo.

Ah! Good Morning, Ms. Morgan! I'm afraid that IS in fact, our own Allen McNabb. I recognize his car. I was just pausing to text him to hurry up so we can join forces this morning.”

He pauses, trying to remember why he had been looking for her. Snow day plans, that was it!

Oh! I remember now! I was thinking: we aren't likely to have a full complement of students this morning with the impending weather. Days like this have always struck me as an excellent time to try some less, ah, traditional lessons.” Imagining he sees dull embers of suspicion spark into flame behind her eyes, he hurries onward lest she literally burst into flames. “Naturally, I'd want your input, but what would you think about a good old fashioned game of hide and seek? Stealth can be quite useful for a working blue card, and is not, obviously, a strong point for most of our students OR staff. If you are not totally swamped, perhaps you'd like to be the base judge? I was thinking that the security office would be an excellent base, to ensure nobody cheats by peeking at the monitors there.” He hesitated. She probably had work of her own to do...

Of course, if you're busy... Or perhaps if you have a better idea? What sorts of 'snow day' games would you recommend? My first thought was of a snowball fight, but I rejected it out of hand; too chaotic. Too messy. Somebody could get hurt. Hide and seek though... safe as houses, eh?”

He gave her a winning smile; hard to do when blurred by gravity like identity protection software, but he couldn't help trying.

lazthkrelhrd.jpgAllen McNabb

"uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-..."

Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God independent self-consciousness partly finds its essential reality in the bare abstraction of Ego, on the other hand, when this abstract ego develops further and forms distinctions of its own this differentiation does not become an objective inherently real content for that self-consciousness, hence this self consciousness does not become an ego with white beard which truly differentiates itself in its abstract simplicity, or one which remains identical with itself in this absolute differentiation, the repressed and subordinate type of consciousness, on the other hand, becomes, in the formative activity of work, an object to itself, in the sense that the form, given to the thing when shaped and molded, is his object; he sees in the master, at the same time, self-existence as a real mode of consciousness, but the subservient consciousness as such finds these two moments fall apart; the moment of itself as an independent object, and the moment of this object as a mode of consciousness, and so its own proper reality, since, however, the form and the self-existence are for us, or objectively in themselves, one and the same, and since in the notion of independent consciousness the inherent reality is consciousness, the phase of inherent existence, Ansichsein, or thinghood outside time without extension who from the heights of divine apathia divine athambia divine aphasia loves us dearly with some exceptions for reasons unknown but time will tell and suffers like the divine Miranda with those who for reasons unknown but time will tell are plunged in torment plunged in fire whose fire flames if that continues and who can doubt it will fire the firmament that is to say blast hell to heaven so blue still and calm so calm with a calm which even though intermittent is better than nothing but not so fast and considering what is more that as a result of the labors left unfinished crowned by the Academy of Anthropometry which received its shape and form through labour, is no other substance than consciousness, in this way we have a new attitude or mode of consciousness brought about: a type of consciousness which takes on the form of infinitude, or one whose essence consists in unimpeded movement of consciousness, it is one which thinks or is free self-consciousness. For thinking does not mean being an abstract ego, but an ego which has at the same time the significance of inherently existing in itself; it means being object to itself or relating itself to objective reality in such a way that this connotes the self-existence of that consciousness for which it is an object of Essy-in-Possy of Testew and Cunard it is established beyond all doubt all other doubt than that which clings to the labors of men that as a result of the labors unfinished of Testew and Cunnard it is established as hereinafter but not so fast for reasons unknown that as a result of the object does not for thinking proceed by way of presentations or figures, but of notions, conceptions, i.e. of a differentiated reality or essence, which, being an immediate content of consciousness, is nothing distinct from the public works of Puncher and Wattmann it is established beyond all doubt that in view of the labors of Fartov and Belcher left unfinished for reasons unknown of Testew and Cunard left unfinished it is established what many deny that man in Possy of Testew and Cunard that man in Essy that man in short that man in brief in spite of the strides of alimentation and defecation wastes and pines wastes and pines and concurrently simultaneously what is more for reasons unknown in spite of the strides of physical culture the practice of sports such as tennis football running cycling swimming flying floating riding gliding conating camogie skating tennis of all kinds dying flying sports of all sorts autumn summer winter winter tennis of all kinds hockey of all sorts penicillin and succedanea in a word I resume flying gliding golf over nine and eighteen holes tennis of all sorts in a word for reasons unknown in Feckham Peckham Fulham Clapham namely concurrently simultaneously what is more for reasons unknown but time will tell fades away I resume Fulham Clapham in a word the dead loss per head since the death of Bishop Berkeley being to the tune of one inch four ounce per head approximately by and large more or less to the nearest decimal good measure round figures stark naked in the stockinged feet in Connemara in a word for reasons unknown no matter what matter the facts are there and considering what is more much more grave that in the light of the labors lost of Steinweg and Peterman it appears what is more much more grave that in the light the light the light of the labors lost of Steinweg and Peterman that in the plains in the mountains by the seas by the rivers running water running fire the air is the same and then the earth namely the air and then the earth in the great cold the great dark the air and the earth abode of stones in the great cold alas alas in the year of their Lord six hundred and something the air the earth the sea the earth abode of stones in the great deeps the great cold on sea on land and in the air I resume for reasons unknown in spite of the tennis the facts are there but time will tell I resume alas alas on on in short in fine on on abode of stones who can doubt it I resume but not so fast I resume the skull fading fading fading and concurrently simultaneously what is more for reasons unknown in spite of the tennis on on the beard the flames the tears the stones so blue so calm alas, alas, on on the skull the skull the skull the skull in Connemara in spite of the tennis the labors abandoned left unfinished graver still abode what is presented, shaped and constructed, and existent as such, has the form of being something other than consciousness, a notion, however, is at the same time an existent, and this distinction, so far as it falls in consciousness itself, is its determinate content, but in that this content is, at the same time, a conceptually constituted, a comprehended (begriffener) content, consciousness remains immediately aware within itself of its unity with this determinate existent so distinguished; not as in the case of a presentation of stones in a word I resume alas, alas, abandoned unfinished the skull the skull in Connemara in spite of the tennis the skull alas the stones Cunard, where consciousness from the first has to take special note that this is its idea; on the contrary, the notion is for me eo ipso and at once my notion, in thinking I am free, because I am not in an other, but remain simply and solely in touch with myself; and the object which for me is my essential reality, is in undivided unity my self-existence; and my procedure in dealing with notions is a process within myself...

"Hey, tern-burglar! You forget how to drive again? Tall pedal on the right makes it go, so they tell me. Classes started five minutes ago!"

Allen stopped groaning. Lazarus had a moment of complete inactivity.

Tern-burglar. Huh! ... What were we thinking about?? Oh drat, classes! Better get going.

Allen's foot assaulted the brake pedal, then the gas pedal. The car, although in righteous protest, began hurdling down the road with a terrifying acceleration.

Manami Hamasaki

Manami held her new friend's hand gently, mindful of her strength. When they got to the side door, it was too narrow to walk through two abreast, so she let Kendi-Kun go first, dropping his hand so that they could both walk properly. If Kendrick showed any signs of relief, she failed to notice. She followed closely on his heels, but then once she was inside, she slowed to a bare walk, forgetting entirely to offer her hand again. "Sugoi!" she breathed. It was almost too much for her; she was inside facility 108, all by herself! Well, and Kendi, of course. And her other friend, Mr. Allen McNabb must be around here somewhere. Manami had seen her go in through this door... She hears voices from around the corner up ahead so she goes to see who is there. Halfway up the stairs is a blurry man talking to a pretty lady with red hair. Manami had never seen red hair before, though she had read about it in books. “Akage no An” was one of her favorites, a story about the adventures of a Canadian girl with red hair and a fierce disposition. This lady looked like Anne all grown up. So pretty and so fierce! She looked angry with the blurry man who was probably guilty of pulling her hair or something like Gilbert had. That was not a good thing to do to a teacher! So disrespectful! Manami rushed up the stairs to introduce herself to the pretty redhaired teacher. OOOH! What was the phrase Mr Allen McNabb had taught her? Oh, she hoped she remembered it right.

Resisting the urge to reach out and touch the pretty red hair, barely, she pointed to her nose and said,

“Mai name izu Manami!”

Pointing to the teacher, she asked,

“Who is this creep, please?”

@Mini T-Rex Syndrome @Necessity4Fun @Lioness075 

Last edited by a moderator:

Kendrick Haywood

10340522_by_necessity4fun-da53j6l.jpg

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Main Building's Side Entrance >> Second Floor
People Around: Suddenly, no one? >> Manami, Aaron Mallory and Ms. Morgan.
Interactions: @Gus, @Mini T-Rex Syndrome
Today's Toys: Ted

Argh. We're not even close to each other and that blue girl is already giving me trouble, again!

The walk to the building was a silent one.

Kendrick, who was filled with embarrassment, could barely listen to his surroundings as his heartbeat accelerated and a cloud of thoughts completed the set, drowning out anything else. He had tried convincing himself that he didn't care at all, but the truth was that situations like this tended to make him a lot more self-aware than he would like, and thoughts such as -"Am I doing this right?", "Maybe I should have been nicer", "Oh no, does she think I'm weird because I simply stood there and stared at her so much?...She does, doesn't she?", "Is that the reason after this silence?"- wouldn't stop coming, along with thoughts about how long this was taking and how far this building was.

When Manami let go of his hand for them to go through the door, the boy blinked in surprise, having become so entranced in his never-ending thoughts that he hadn't even noticed said passage. He waited until they were inside to lean on a wall, letting out a very long sigh and opening his coat for some air. For some reason, it felt like the teenager had run a marathon course twice with how tired he felt after that stroll. When you think about the walk to 108 he did earlier today, this one had been infinitely more exhausting despite being one third of the other. All of that just for the extra mental effort? He had to admit that was at least interesting...

Having calmed down and finally back at his normal, more level-headed stance, Kendrick leaned on the floor and took his backpack out. Opening the zipper carefully, he took Ted out of the bag and out him sitting on the ground. That's when he realized that someone was missing. He hadn't heard from Manami for a while...Was her still silent because of his awkwardness? The boy quickly put one strap of the backpack on his shoulder and got up, but after looking around he was certain that the girl wasn't anywhere close-by. Where could she had gone to? Hopefully up to the classrooms, where they were supposed to be. If she got lost in the facility, he would have to send a teacher after her or something... What a hassle.

With Ted closely following after him, Kendrick went up the stairs to the second floor. It didn't take long for him to hear the girl's voice echo from above. She had probably run into a teacher and was now introducing herself. Seeing as Mr. Mallory had called them inside, that was possibly him. He managed to get to the top of the staircase, right before Manami said her next line. And then, it was as everything stopped for a while and the boy asked himself: why the heck was she repeating what the other girl had said earlier? And why did it had to be front of the teachers? Just, WHY? Actually, that clearly had happened because a certain someone had used rude language near a Non-English speaker... Dammit blue furry girl!

"Manami no! You're not supposed to say that!", he called her out, taking a step closer and reinforcing the action by waving his arms down along with the movement.

Once Ted had climbed up the last step of the stairs, it quickly launched himself over Manami's feet, following an repressed but strong urge coming for his owner: to go and pin the girl down before she made this situation worse. The teddy bear simply stood there, adorably extended with it's belly down, as if his plush-weight was more than enough to hold her in place. Kendrick though, failed to realize his companion's actions, and instead turned his head to acknowledge who the girl had been talking to. Turns out he had been half-right, it was Mr. Malory AND Ms. Morgan.

"G-good Morning!", he panicked and togged at his hat in a greeting, "...So, this is Manami, she's new aaaand doesn't understand English all that well..." the boy attempted to explain, laughing nervously and failing to make a proper sentence in the process.

p.kendrick {
margin: 15px;
float: left;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
padding-left: 5px;
width: 350px;
max-width:100%;
height: 200px;
background-color: cornflowerblue;
border-radius: 3px;
border-style: double;
border-width: 5px;
border-color: steelblue;
overflow: auto;
}

Last edited:

56b465943166ee5d1374babc_56baeb253166ee5d13765b76_320.jpg

Page Morgan 

Mood: Pissed>Embarrassed

W: Manami & Arron Mallory & Kendrick Haywood

Mentioned: McNabb 

The confirmation, of the moron in the middle of the road being 'their moron', was enough to make Page want to literally face-palm. "Figures," she hissed. 'With our luck, Mr. McNabb will manage to run someone over on his way into the parking lot,' just as she mused the thought, the car went whizzing off out of view from the window on the second level.

Half listening to Mr. Mallory, she mulled over the idea of hide and seek. Yes, few students were likely to show up today. Surprisingly, his reasoning and idea was rather good. Considering Page had handled most of her tasks for the day, there seemed to be nothing stopping her from lending a hand.

"I suppose something like a game would be best. Perhaps, we could do a capture the flag type version. With some sort of incentive, help keep the children actively engaged on a common team goal. Instead of a singular win-lose type mentality," the wheels in her mind were spinning, as she spoke aloud while thinking. In fact, the normally stuffy assistant almost seemed excited. However, that all came to a sputtering halt when she heard the phase directed at her, “Who is this creep, please?”

'Oh hell, no. Not today Satan. Not today!'

After the things Page had to deal with in this place, she was not about to be insulted by some half pint! With the corner of her lip already turned up, giving a sneer, flames danced along the rims of her eyelashes.

A rage filled remark was on the tip of her tongue. Which was only enriched by the speakers appearance. Ready to lay into the young creature, Page suddenly found her sails deflated before the words left her lips. The young Haywood child was quick to offer up an explanation.

Ugh, Page regretted even thinking up the hateful statement, now. If she had said such a horrid thing in front of another adult toward an innocent child. She would have died. The blazing flames around her eyes vanished, as a sheepish expression and powdered pink blush rolled over the freckles that speckled her face.

"Ah, I see. Thank you for that explanation, Mr. Haywood. Is this a friend of yours? Or a new addition to the Facility? I fear processing of new applicants has fallen to the wayside with recent events."

Though Page was addressing Kendrick, her gaze traveled over Manami and then with the mention of new applicants, to Mr. Mallory, as he had first hand experience of such things.

Manami Hamasaki

stingray.png

The pretty red haired lady did a neat fire trick with her eyes, which would have made Manami jump for joy, except that something had climbed on her feet. A furry something! Was it a pet? Would mama and papa let her keep it? She was sure she could take very good care of a pet, even on the boat. Admittedly she was not sure how she would get it to the boat, but that could wait until later. Right now she just had to pick up that furry little bundle of love. Moving down slowly so as not to startle him, at the last second she struck like a snake and scooped him up in her arms! Once she was holding it, she realized it was just a stuffed toy. Disappointed at first, she glosses over how it came to be on her feet and tucks it into the crook of her left arm.

Then her brain caught up with the conversation that she had tuned out of when she noticed the pet/toy. Her eyes popped wide. With a quick grateful bow to her friend Kendi-kun for helping with the introductions, she spoke quickly to the pretty lady trying to make up for having got her phrasing wrong.

“Yes! Sorri! I-- Mai english is very... yowai... weak? Um. You... So Pretty! Red hair. I... daisuki... big like! May I... touch?” She reached out, hesitantly toward Page's hair...

Aaron Mallory

miniAaron.png

Nearby: Page Morgan, Kendrick Haywood, and Manami Hamasaki

Mood: Hoo boy, time for class!

@s: @Mini T-Rex Syndrome @Necessity4Fun

For just a moment, Aaron is sure Page is going to burst into flame and roast Manami like a fish finger. He edges closer hoping to interpose himself subtly without knocking anybody over by mistake. Just in the nick of time, Kendrick Haywood bounds up the stairs and averts disaster with a quick round of introductions. Page is defused for the moment, but Manami is just an unstoppable freight train of faux pas. Before Page can rekindle her flames, or Manami can say anything else inappropriate, Aaron surges forward, edging in between them. With a joviality that feels false, but he hopes covers his sudden jolt of adrenaline, Aaron booms out:

Hah ha, well! Yes! Page, this is our new student, Manami Hamasaki. Tested at D3 on Thursday and filed paperwork for temporary guest super training visa yesterday. I got an email from Tony this morning with her file attached... She is a pistol, ain't she just!” Putting an arm around Manami and spinning her about, he whispers in her ear, “Kid you gotta keep a lid on the 'Curious George' thing! Man in the stripey hat over here isn't always going to be around to save your bacon from frying!”

OK! Let's go meet in the cafeteria for a little late breakfast and then we'll plan out our lessons for the day, eh?”

Kendrick Haywood

People Around: Hamasaki Manami, Aaron Mallory and Page Morgan.
Interactions: @Gus, @Mini T-Rex Syndrome

Let him go!

"Oh yes, we've just met outside the building."

Kendrick hadn't answered to any of Ms. Morgan's questions properly.
He had completely avoided stating which inquiry he was replying to with clarity, and simply let half-truths out without ever giving an allegiance to them. HE wasn't up for taking an allegiance about the friend thing yet. In fact, it still did nothing but puzzle him more and more. Maybe, just maybe, there would be a catch somewhere. Perhaps, there's some unspoken rule Manami forgot... That has to be it, right? Nothing could be this easy! Really, he hadn't done anything all that special.

Talking about the girl, after his explanation, she had quickly apologized. That meant everything was going to be fine, right? WRONG. The naive Manami didn't seem to understand what a terrible fate she had been saved from and continued to indulge in Ms. Morgan's space without restraint. The teenager widened his eyes in alarm instantly. Are.you.KIDDING ME??!! Hadn't she seen the expression of utmost FURY on the woman's face earlier? It is already impolite to touch someone without permission, even more touching someone who had been about to POUNCE on you just a second ago! How can she be this clueless about something that's so bloody obvious?! WHO ARE THIS GIRL'S PARENTS?! They're clearly not doing a very good job!
Luckily for her, Mr. Mallory was quick and took the rails of the situation. The Collateral Damage and You teacher repeated the contents of the new student's file that according to him he had received in an email. Kendrick was confused about two things. One, why had the email gone to Mr. Mallory, when dealing with paperwork and documents was Ms. Morgan's job? Two, what the heck did 'pistol' mean in this context? He opted for not asking any of those questions aloud.

From Mr. Mallory's sentences, the boy was able to catch, probably again, Ms. Morgan's first name. The clerk worker was one of the people he saw least around the facility; it was only natural that some names would get lost with all the individuals he had to deal with on a daily basis, he would keep calling her by her last name anyway. He had also caught Manami's last name, Hamasaki, and the fact that he didn't have it hit him as odd. Now, he was ninety percent sure it was the norm for Japanese to treat each other by their last names... But, changing it now just to do things properly, would probably weird her out. Well, 'If it's not broken, don't fix it.'
Kendrick had a couple more of facts to think about, for example: What could the Collateral Damage and You and Emotional Composure teachers possibly team up for? He hadn't seen anyone else, so he assumed that whatever activity they had planned, it would pertain to those disciplines. However, he was taken out of his reasoning as soon as Mr. Mallory spun the other student around, and the form of Ted passed right through his field of vision. For some reason, his buddy had gone from staying behind him to the state of being carried around bellow Manami's arm...Carried around? More like being squeezed!

He panics. The boy has absolutely no idea of what his teddy bear is doing there, but what Mr. Mallory is doing is probably making the situation worse! Unaware of what the teacher is saying, or if he has even finished his sentence or not, Kendrick takes a sudden step and extends his right arm a bit, in the direction of the toy:

"Aaaaaah, please don't squash Ted like that!!!"

The surge of distress is strong enough for yet another unintentional 'command' go through. In 'response', at the exact same time the teenager had spoken, the teddy bear shifts and shakes, almost as if trying to get out of the girl's hold.

p.kendrick {
}

Last edited:
Hadrian Alburn

Just outside the school

What was that noise? A sort of sliding, screeching, roaring sound. The nearby walls made its source's location hard to pinpoint, and the snow didn't help. The effect of it was twofold: it partially muffled any sounds, and also made it more difficult to see in general, all the worse to locate the sound's source by.

Hadrian had been looking in the wrong direction, apparently, or at least until it was too late. He turned around to see a car hurtling down the icy road towards him. Even if the driver saw him now, a figure in the drifting snow, it would be too late; the car would slide straight into him as if the brakes hadn't even been applied.

Not that the driver had applied them, of course. The car ploughed into Hadrian before he could react, slamming into him chest-first. For a brief moment, his body bounced off of the bonnet, and time seemed to slow as Hadrian considered the life choices that had led to this.

All peaceful thoughts must come to an end of course, and he was thrown bodily across the road, landing with a hard crack on his posterior, but luckily his arms had instinctively protected his relatively fragile head.

Broken ribs, punctured lung, internal bleeding, shattered right leg and pelvis, bruised... everything. Any regular human would die from these injuries and everything else that accompanied them. For Hadrian, they meant as thus:

A few seconds of gasping, laying on the floor while trying to remain conscious, before the fractured ribs are set by calcified flesh, and the punctured lung is sealed once more. Internal bleeding is quickly clogged by solid plugs of congealed blood and thin layers of scar tissue, slowly developing into reliable seals. The right leg and pelvis require Hadrian to snap them back into place, but he has become used to this practice by now and does so quickly before they are set by yet more calcified flesh. Small fragments of bone can be felt shifting within Hadrian's skin, and he considers that he'll need to find a way to remove any that stick out, more for convenience's sake than anything else. It wasn't as if he hadn't seen his own bones before.

All of this would take approximately twenty seconds, and a bystander might just see him shuffling about, though the shifting of his bones to be set might be unsettling.

01b84069e5e7800a39b9ce7629032a53.jpg

PAGE MORGAN

w: Kendrick, Manami, Aaron

The Haywood boy and Mr. Mallory had explained the strange behavior of the new student. Page worked to let the insult go as it had been an innocent mistake. Giving a shrug, she pushed herself to smile. The fishy child seemed distracted by a teddy bear and Page pondered just where in her office the file was for this new student.

"Whelp, I suppose I should get her information into the database while I watch over things from the security office."

Then sudden, a string of words awkwardly spewing from the girl's mouth. Catching only something about red and hair,  Page was certain the girl was going to try and pull her hair! Out of reflex, she took a defense pose, ready to strike. Yet, just in the nick of time, Mr. Mallory placed his massive self between them. Which was rather impressive given, well, his mass. As he whirled the fishy creature around, Page could not help but glare at the new student. Needless to say, Manami had made a lasting impression on the secretary.

"Right then."

Talk about tension in the air.

"Cafeteria then. We can round up the other students on the way."

Before she could even take a step down the stairs, Kendrick was panicking about the teddy bear Manami was holding. Everything from Page's prospective seemed to slow down into slow motion as she blurted out, "Watch out, the stairs!"

To make matters worse, a horrid if not muffled, crunching of metal and squealing of rubber could be heard just outside. No doubt, signaling Mr. McNabb had smashed into something. A thick cold wave of panic flooded Page's chest cavity, as she bolted to the second floor window. Seeing what looked like a body at the front end of the car, instantly time went from too slow to too fast.

"Oh my god. He killed someone!"

Manami Hamasaki

stingray.png

The stuffed toy was alive! Manami panicked and flung the unnaturally squirmy thing straight up in the air, all the way to the top of the stairwell. In her haste to get away from it she stepped backward and missed a stair. She flailed for support for a moment, and just before tumbling down the steps, her stinger whip erupted from her inner forearm, embedding its barb into the wooden rail top of the banister. A quick tug recovers her balance, and the stinger disappears back into her arm as quickly as it had appeared. Ashamed by her loss of control, her scales ruffle in embarrassment, much as a normal human might flush red. She hunches into herself and hangs her head, not daring to make eyecontact with anyone, hoping against hope that nobody saw her stinger. Ted, in accordance with the principles of gravitation, began his pinwheeling journey back downward toward his anxious young master.

Aaron Mallory

miniAaron.png

Nearby: Page Morgan, Kendrick Haywood, and Manami Hamasaki

Mood: Oh dear... so much for a quiet morning!

@s: @Mini T-Rex Syndrome @Necessity4Fun @Bag o Fruit @The J

Aaron had been so looking forward to an easy going snow-day. But then again, he supposed if he'd really wanted days like that, he'd have stayed incognito in rural South America. This was the nature of the hero lifestyle: brief respites between crises. At least Manami had managed not to fall down the stairs; thank heaven for small favors. He could tell Page was right though, even without going to look himself. Cars hitting bodies had a horribly distinctive sound, and that had an especially final note to it, complete with the following flailing thump of the body rolling to a stop on the pavement. He shot a look at Kendrick and Manami, hitting them with the full force of his authority as a teacher.

You two, get to the cafeteria and wait there. Ms. Morgan, keep calm and come with me.”

Thumping down the stairs like a crash of rhinos, he made for the side door to see what he could do to help.

Kendrick Haywood

People Around: Hamasaki Manami, Aaron Mallory and Page Morgan >> Same, but without Aaron.
Interactions: @Gus

I hope she doesn't start crying out of nowhere. I don't have the slightest idea of how to deal with that...

Not longer after his outburst, a faint horrid screeching sound cut through the air, taking the boy's attention to the window in the wall in front of him. Kendrick didn't even have the time to ponder about what it could be as 'KABLAM!', what sounded like a collision startled the teenager, making him jump. He had watched enough movies to imagine what had just happened:

"Oh please, not again...!"

The boy hoped it was just a car hitting a pole or a mailbox, or something else, but Ms. Morgan's alarmed sentence -including the content of said sentence- quickly let him know that someone had in fact gotten hit by a vehicle. Was it too much to ask for a normal and peaceful day? First, a kid gets shot in front of him and his blazer was ruined with the blood it had picked up when he helped to lift that hooded emo-guy. Then first-aid class was a complete disaster, without mentioning the entire incident in the Political Powers class with the disciplinary counselor, and now, there was a car accident... Well, it was most normal occurrence from the list but still! Lady fate, give us a bloody break!

With the sudden throwback to all the ridiculous and/or dangerous situations of the past weeks, Kendrick doesn't react. To be more specific, he just stood there uncertain of what to do or say, so troubled and confused that Manami's almost fall passes completely unnoticed by the teenager. And then once again, Ted catches his eye which would have been great, if not by the fact that the toy's trajectory was a fast and frenzied spiral descent towards him! The boy quickly staggers a couple steps left and right, with his arms in front of him, attempting his best to catch his falling friend instead of letting it have an encounter with the floor.
Eventually, he succeeded in intercept the teddy bear when it hit his chest, but it was no easy prowess: At the sudden impact, Kendrick was distracted and stepped weirdly, causing his right foot to slip, the boy to go 'Wahhh!' in surprise, and his back to have a very pleasant encounter with the wall close-by...... If Ms. Morgan had been standing left to the window, not right in front of it, they might have collided as well. At least he had managed to catch Ted before it fell off again?
Before being able to get himself out of this rather awkward posture, Mr. Mallory shot both the students a look, giving them clear orders to move to the cafeteria while the staff members would go assess the situation. The boy merely nods in agreement, as the teacher started thumbing down the stairs loudly.

Okay, time to get out of this weird position and then out of here.
Still holding Ted with his left arm, Kendrick puts his right hand against the wall, careful to not lean on the windows instead, and struggles to pull himself back up. Because of the slightly unnatural bent and the still lingering pain from the impact, the teenager grunts a bit, before finally being up on his feet again. This Saturday kept surprising him, and definitely not in a good way. The boy sighed in relief and momentarily ignoring the instructions he had just been given, looked down at his teddy bear:

"You okay there buddy?", he engaged in a 'conversation' with the toy, the fact that either Ms. Morgan or Manami could still be around is the last thing in his mind, "I was really scared, you know?"

Kendrick proceeded to raise Ted to eye level and give it a full inspection. Squashing a plush could put lots of stress on its seams, eventually causing them to snap and opening up holes where it's stuffing could fall out from. The teenager flipped it up and down, checking up the places more likely to rip. It's true he hadn't felt anything, but you could never be too careful. Fortunately, other than having his fur all messy, no damage had been done. Feeling glad and satisfied with himself, the boy petted the teddy bear's head before setting it seating on his shoulder. Ted grabbed onto his owner's coat collar for stability, upon an actual intentional 'command' from said owner this time, and they took a couple steps forward. Wait, Kendrick was forgetting something... Oh right, cafeteria.

Remembering Mr. Malory's orders made the boy wonder where Manami was. Glancing towards the staircase, he saw the girl standing there, but she was unusually quiet compared to her behavior earlier. It must have been the car crash, it was bound to leave anyone shaken, even more after Ms. Morgan had shouted so alarmed that someone had died.

"Manami?", he called softly to catch her attention, "We're supposed to go to the cafeteria..."

The boy hinted at the instructions and braced himself for any possible outbursts the girl might have.

p.kendrick {
}

Last edited:
Manami Hamasaki

View attachment 243678

Manami's gills fluttered with relief; nobody seemed to have noticed her stinger come out. She stood by the railing as the large blurry teacher went stomping down the stairs, and tried vainly to rub out the notch in the railing it had made. Looking to her new friend, Kendi, she saw he had caught the living stuffed toy. For a moment she thought that the toy had caught him, and in her horror, she was about to bat the unnatural thing out of his hands to protect him from whatever nefarious plans it might have!

At the last second, she held back. His expression was one of concern, even love. He was talking to the toy and looking it over for harm like a parent with a child. So it must be his toy. But how had it gotten on her feet? Whatever monstrous magic had animated the thing, it seemed to have abated. Maybe she had imagined the whole thing? She would be watchful, and maybe warn him later when the toy wasn't around. She hoped he wasn't mad about her almost hurting the thing. For now, he seemed satisfied that his bear was ok, and if he was happy about that, Manami would have to try to be happy too. She tried to look happy, smiling in an exaggerated way. Then she remembered her teeth were like needles and her smile vanished again, her gaze dropping to her toes. She was not sure what to do now. Then Kendi spoke softly to her and she perked up, hopeful that he was not mad at her after all. After a moment of processing time, she replied:

"Sorri, wheru izu cafuchiria?"

Samantha 'Sam' Casan

Tagged: @Necessity4Fun (Kendrick), @Gus (Manami) (Aaron), @Mini T-Rex Syndrome (Page)

Mood: Amused, yet bored

Having hung back a bit near the entrance, Sam had entertained herself by eavesdropping on the chaotic conversation between teachers and students alike. It seemed her phrase earlier had a funny influence on Manami, resulting in her offending teachers while Kendrick hastily tried to fix it all. Just as Sam turned the corner to join in the fun, Manami went so far as to try and touch one of the teachers, resulting in her being twirled away by one teacher and given a glare from the offended one.

Chuckling to herself, Sam waited a few feet away before the mention of heading to the cafeteria was brought up.

Approaching the two students, Sam grinned and said, "Yeah, let's be off. We've got places to be and 'important' things to do."

Notably pleased by Manami's confusion with language barriers, Sam figured sarcasm would be the best thing to use around her. Logically.

AJAX, LAZARUS, SOLO

Ajax1.jpglaz.jpgminiAaron.png

[SIZE= 11pt]Aaron burst out through the side door, careful not to shatter it, but still moving as quickly as he could. At least McNabb had managed to stop the car, and not actually run over the body. The kid looked in bad shape, but then again, McNabb had healed people from worse. He yelled to his colleague to turn off the car and get the hell over here, and skidded to a stop next to the victim on the ground. He knelt down, careful not to touch him, and spoke to him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]“Kid can you open your eyes? Do you know where you are? You’ve been hit by a car but we are going to help you.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]“This may surprise you,” [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Hadrian began, standing up in front of Aaron, [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]“But I’m alright. I’m kind of resilient in a weird way.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Hang on,[/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt] he thought, as he looked the man up and down. His whole body was… weirdly blurred, making his features difficult but not impossible to make out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Older guy, some weird power, next to Facility 108… This guy’s a teacher for Aegis.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Holy shit, [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Aaron thought! Was that bones he heard crunching as the kid sat up? That couldn’t be good. He placed a gentle hand on the boy’s shoulder.  [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]“Kid I think you hit your head harder than you thought. I need you to come with us into the clinic. I really think you ought not to be moving.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Hadrian frowned. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]“No, seriously, I’m fine. I was just checking out the place, seeing if I want to come here. Some guy recommended I join up. Maybe you know him? Dark clothing, some sort of ghost powers? Walks through walls?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Allen’s eyes, over the hood of the car, could see only Mister Mallory looking concerned. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Oh dear. It seems we’ve run over a student. … I suppose we’ll have to fix him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Allen’s fingers tugged on the door handle, which obligingly swung towards him. The door, however, did not swing at all. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Er. Can we fix a door?? [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Allen’s arm tugged the handle a few more times.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Aaron ran his fingers through his hair utterly bemused. He had definitely heard bones cracking. There was fresh blood on the kid’s shirt consistent with him having coughed it up out of his lungs. He half turned looking to McNabb for help. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]“Back me up here, Allen! Help me get this kid to the clinic? At the very least we ought to check for concussion, right?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Allen’s brow furrowed at the door for a while. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Wait. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Allen’s fingers fumbled for the locking mechanism and pulled it out. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Aha! Just as satisfying as solving a Rubix Cube, but doesn’t take 36 hours! Damn McNabb’s slow digits…[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]The door opened and Allen fell out face-first, breaking his nose, which was quickly righted. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Aaron facepalmed. Letting out a sigh that seemed to fundamentally shift the air pressure in the area, he turned back to the kid, who genuinely did look fine, apart from the blood and torn clothing. He groaned. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]“Ok. Can’t believe I am going to say this, but could you help me get the old guy inside, kid? Name’s Aaron by the way. I teach here. He does too. You’re welcome to sit in on class if you like. Normally they’d start at 10, but normal is not our long suit. Welcome to 108, Mr…?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]This situation was getting quite confusing for Hadrian. He wasn’t sure what to do, so he just decided to go along with what Aaron suggested.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]“Hadrian. I did go by Ajax, until I sort of got an ultimatum from the authorities about the whole vigilante thing. And sure, let’s get inside. I’ll grab his right shoulder.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]As he had said, Hadrian grabbed the old man by one side, waiting for Aaron to take the other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]“You know, I kinda see how you managed to hit me now.” [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Hadrian mentioned to Allen in a dry tone. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]“Errrreverything’s quite a-a-alright! I can fix the damage on the young-... O-oh, hey there, you seem to be fine… Alright then!” [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]Lazarus considered refusing to be carried inside, but decided as little walking as possible was best in most cases.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]Aaron hoisted the old bird up by his left shoulder, and they shuffle walked him into the facility.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]As the door of 108 swings shut behind them, snow begins to fall, suddenly and rapidly, in huge heavy wet flakes.[/SIZE]

kendrickheadersmall_by_necessity4fun-db15r20.png

small10340522_by_necessity4fun-dadjfd2.jpg

kendrickboxsnowglobe09_by_necessity4fun-day6qyg.png
Despite the seriousness of what had just happened, Manami responded rather calmly.
After her continuous displays of naivety and innocence, Kendrick had really expected the girl to at least show some kind of shock or panic, perhaps, even not answer to him right away with how concerned she might be. Thus, he had never expected a normal answer and definitely had been taken off guard.

The boy didn't reply right away. Staring back with his mouth open in a surprised 'o' shape, the teenager thought on how the girl seemed to be taking her first 'AEGIS unusual experience' far better than he had. Well, it hadn't happened AT the facility, still, it doesn't change the fact that he had simply frozen in place, overtaken by panic at first.
However, if her unusually low mood was unconsidered, Manami was just fine! That right there was some crazy-strong resilience. Impressed, Kendrick smiled in amusement, but soon enough a familiar figure joined them:

"Ahh, You again!", he pointed in an accusing manner, "Do you have ANY idea of all the trouble your crude and thoughtless use of vocabulary has been giving me?! I politely request that you stop it right now before you cause an irremediable and perilous situation, that ends up in someone getting injured.", the boy said, huffing angrily at her.

Upon finishing his mini-lecture, the teenager sighed trying to regain his composure, which didn't have much effect. Since having this nuisance come along seemed to be inevitable, moving on quickly was the best option. Maybe there would be some type of dessert in there. Kendrick had just eaten breakfast an hour ago, but he certainly wouldn't pass up a sweet, especially if it was a chocolate parfait. Nah, he was expecting way too much of a simple school's cafeteria.

"But, you're not completely wrong. Making sure you eat properly IS important.", the boy complemented the newcomer's sentence, "Also, back on that topic. The cafeteria is downstairs, across the passageway with the restrooms, into the main corridor, first door to the left.", he had given detailed directions and made his way to the staircase, before recalling that his instructions might actually just confuse the Japanese student, "...Uhh. Ignore all the instructions, Manami. I'm going to the cafeteria too, so you just need to follow me."

Upon saying that, Kendrick passed in front of Manami, before she could offer her hand again and stopped in the middle of the staircase, merely glancing over his 'teddy bear-less' shoulder to see if they were indeed coming. As soon as they started walking towards him, Kendrick would continue heading to their destination.

Interactions: @Lioness075, @Gus

Last edited:
Manami Hamasaki

stingray.png

A 'cafeteria' as it turned out, was the school equivalent of a galley. Manami was very much impressed with how much more space 108 had available for cooking and dining; the room was almost twice the length and breadth of her family's entire home! It was almost as freeing as swimming in the open ocean! Unable to resist the urge, she pranced across the room twirling as she went and laughing. When she got to the wide picture windows at the far side from the door, she stopped short and gasped in delight. “Oh! Kendi-kun, look! It izu snowingu! Kirei na?”

Aaron Mallory

miniAaron.png

Nearby: I guess that's everybody we're likely to get?

Mood: Ready for some snow day fun!

@s @The J @Mini T-Rex Syndrome @Bag o Fruit @simj22 @Necessity4Fun @Lioness075 @That Guy Leopold @Teh Frixz

Having successfully retrieved his colleague, and with a new prospective student in tow, Aaron makes his way to the cafeteria to find his skeleton crew of students. Rubbing his hands together briskly, he says

OK, gang. Not enough people here for proper classes, and looking at that weather out there, this is all we are likely to get. We have a new applicant for the blue card training program visiting us today, Hadrian... was it Aburn? Hadrian, this is Kendrick, over there is Sam, the girl with the gills is also new; Manami Hamasaki. Somewhere around here is Jamie Bishop, unless she teleported out again? Absent Jamie, we have a tie for Staff vs Students today! Over here is Page Morgan, school secretary, Mr. McNabb and I you have met already, and over there is LARRY, the groundskeeper. He's a state of the art AI, and takes his job very seriously. So. Here's my thinking: with input from Ms. Morgan, I propose that we do some impromptu stealth training. Capture the flag out in the snow. We'll each have radio beacons so nobody gets lost, and I am thinking students vs staff? What do you think?”

Samantha Casan

Nickname: Sam

Tagged: @Necessity4Fun (Kendrick), @Gus (Manami, Aaron)

Upon both seeing and hearing Kendrick's response to her reappearance, Sam laughed while her tail danced about behind her in amusement. Turns out, showing up to class today despite the horrid weather was quickly becoming a great idea. Even if she didn't get to attend her classes normally, interacting with Kendrick alone was immensely entertaining.

Shoving her hands into the pockets of her cropped jeans, seeing as her bipedal legs and animalistic feet didn't allow her to wear shoes or normal pants, Sam merely shrugged in response to Kendrick's outburst.

Though, upon hearing his mention of asking her to stop being herself, Sam faked a guffaw and followed up with sarcasm, "Stop being me? How dare you?"

Scoffing, Sam added, "And to think that *I* was the rude one here."

Rolling her eyes and grinning, Sam tagged along with the group, not at all caring about Kendrick's request. Upon hearing him agree with her food comment, she quietly laughed to herself, as it'd been entirely sarcastic. It always made social events that much more fun when someone couldn't understand her sarcasm.

Listening to Kendrick's quick instructions, Sam raised an eyebrow at him and then looked at Manami to see if she even heard him. Guess not.

Not that the instructions really mattered since he just walked right to cafeteria anyways. Once they were inside, Sam stood back near the entrance and furrowed her brows at the odd behavior of Manami. She was acting like a child here. Sure enough, she even ran up to a window and exclaimed that it was snowing, as if this were something to actually be excited about.

Rolling her eyes, Sam said, "Yes, it's snowing, it's something that happens here every winter. It's not that special."

Just as she finished speaking, one of the teachers walked in and made an announcement. Listening to Mr. Mallory's idea, Sam frowned. She had indigo-colored fur covering her body, her hair was a dark color, and her eyes glow green. Even if she wore white clothes, she'd never be able to hide in a snowy setting.

Leaning against a wall now, Sam spoke up, "It sounds like a great idea, honestly, but uh, I'm not really designed to blend in with snow. My stealth options are limited to dark settings, not bright ones."

kendrickheadersmall_by_necessity4fun-db15r20.png

kendrickboxsnowglobe10_by_necessity4fun-db02p8x.png
"Huh. Playing the 'being yourself' card to guilt trip me, instead of being considerate of others. I see. How original. I definitely never heard that one before..."

Sick of this girl's antics, Kendrick had given her no further attention as the little group had made their way to the cafeteria. At least, she had managed to keep her mouth shut until they got there, which was minimal, but some progress. Manami seemed to enjoy the open space, suddenly dashing inside and spinning around the place like a like little child. She had startled him at first, but once that had settled, the boy couldn't help but watch the scene with a soft laugh. He had been entertained by the heartwarming vision, until the comment about the snow came up:

"Yep, it IS snowing...Just like yesterday.", the teenager had awkwardly replied, having no idea of what the end of the girl's phrase meant.

And then someone, decided to make a mean commentary, yet again.
His response had been bad, but that was just straight being a mood killer! Wow, he could even be proud of at least trying after that one. Kendrick had shot the rude girl a glance of indignation. Why couldn't she just let Manami play around without attempting to ruin it? It wasn't as if she was bothering anyone...Ugh, kids deserve to be kids while they can! No really, who hurt this person? That's the only possible explanation to this amount of bitterness towards innocence.

With nothing but a sigh as response, the boy had been walking towards the fridge in the search of dessert, when Mr. Mallory entered the room with a completely new person to make an announcement about today's class plan. Having turned around to listen attentively to the entire thing, Kendrick raised an eyebrow at the revelation that today's class, wasn't really going to be a class:

"So, we're basically playing a kindergarten game, with the diferences being: a) We're against the teachers and staff, instead of ourselves and b) It's happening outside in the snow?", he repeated it out loud, not really making a question but rather letting himself hear it again to absorve how silly everything sounded.

Pondering about the situation, Kendrick leaned on the fridge behind him, arms crossed and staring towards the ceiling. Meanwhile, the blue girl -who according to the CD & Y teacher was called Sam- had manifested herself, saying something about being unfit from snow stealth, despite enjoying the idea... Stealth, he supposed he wasn't talented on that either, also he had brought a black coat, unless he wanted to freeze to death, the boy was going to stand out in the environment too. And snow... It was bound to melt and make his clothes all wet.
Cons evaluated, now for the Pros: 1) It was either this or being bored as Hell; 2) Even if he wanted to go home right now, the car had barely been able to cross the snow banks that had formed last night, with this new flurry it was definitely going to be even harder; 3) It's not like he CAN go home when his parents had so promptly 'pushed' him outside anyway... Welp, might as well make this an enjoyable time.

"It's not like I enjoy the idea, but seeing as there is nothing else I COULD be doing right now, I don't mind it. However, do keep in mind the fact that I'm wearing black, and snow is white... Stealth it's not really going to work here. Also, I'd prefer if at least Ted remained dry...Since my coat will probably not."

Interactions: @Gus

Last edited:
Aaron Mallory

miniAaron.png

Nearby: The few, the proud, the brave... the borderline insane.
Mood: Excited

@s ManicMuse ManicMuse B Bag o Fruit The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry The J The J Lioness075 Lioness075 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Aaron half listened to student groaning, but didn't really pay too much attention. Presumably, it was good natured. He walked over to the big picture windows and looked out at the gathering storm. The sky had darkened now to the point you'd think it was well into twilight! The snow was coming down so thick and fast you could hardly see 10 feet! This was going to be great fun, and a welcome tonic to the chaos of Wednesday's classes. He half turned to address the students, but without taking his eyes off of the rapidly developing winter wonderland outside.

I wouldn't worry about coloration much if I were you two. The visibility out there is less than 10 feet, and it's as dark a day as you could hope for. If you like though, there are some extra parkas up in the storage closet, and those are white, if you think you need extra advantages over us old folks. Or extra protection against the cold. I don't think that will be a problem for any of the staff... Page can produce plenty of heat, and I don't much feel cold. Nor, I imagine does LARRY or Mr. McNabb. Anyway, stealth training shouldn't wait for ideal conditions. Out in the field, if you need to be stealthy, things are hardly likely to be ideal. Do your best. We'll go out first and form a small snow fort over there. McNabb will guard the flag, and we'll spread out to look for yours in say, 10 minutes? You can hide it anywhere you like within 100 yards of the building. If you can get the flag from McNabb before we find yours, without all going to 'jail' you win. If we catch you all, or find your flag first, we win. Sound fair? No catching teachers. We are the hunters, you are the hunted, capiche? Oh, and no sneaky hiding your flag underwater, eh?” Gotta be above ground and in plain sight. Them's the rules. Afterwards, hot chocolate for everyone. Grab some parkas if you want, and don't forget your radio beacons. Oh and have some breakfast if you like while we build our snow fort... Any questions?”

Rubbing his hands together in barely suppressed glee, he made for the hallway, feeling very much like a kid again.

It was like they were in some bad television show. If Page had not known better, she would have thought, she had spoken the damn accident into existence. Page knew better. She was also quite aware that she did not do blood. While the other's disappeared to deal with the scene outside, Page make a point at taking a side trip. Turning off at the bottom of the stairs, heading back toward her office. Should anyone have asked, the secretary would have stated she was grabbing her phone to call emergency services, but no one asked.

Carefully, setting down her coffee mug and palming her phone standing in the office, she paused.

"Right, the new student."

Tapping the mouse, the computer screen slowly buzzed to life. With a few clicks, the email was located and fresh enrollment sheets were printing. With that now completed, Page reluctantly went out to assess the car accident. To her relief, Mr. Mallory was handling it and the victim looked better off than Mr. McNabb, save his outfit. Holding one of the doors open, Page silently followed the lot to the Cafeteria.

While Mr. Mallory handled explaining the activity for the day, Page texted out a quick email to the schools grounds keeper.

LARRY,

Please move Mr. McNabb's car to the back of the school lot until it back be dealt with. Try to hide any damage and signs of a collision.

-Page Morgan

"Wait, what?!" Part of what Mr. Mallory said finally sunk in. Closing the screen on her phone, Page rushed after the instructor. "What am I doing?"

Last edited:
Samantha 'Sam' Casan
Tagged: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Kendrick), Gus Gus (Manami, Aaron), ManicMuse ManicMuse (Page)
Sam grinned at Kendrick's comment about the snow. Clearly, she wasn't the only one tired of it. While she had the fur coat to protect her from the worst of the cold, she quickly got wet and then cold from the snowfall.

When Kendrick gave her a look, Sam merely responded by sticking her tongue out at him before continuing to grin. Her tail flickered behind her in amusement, as she wondered just how much fun she could have with this guy.

Hearing Kendrick's interpretation of today's class, Sam shrugged and said, "Well, at least, I don't have to attend Hunter's class anytime again soon."

At the mention of not having anything else to do right now, Sam pouted and added, "Well, I do have something else I could be doing right now. I have a great book waiting for me back in my apartment, fresh baked goods to be eating..."
Trailing off, Sam frowned and realized she really wanted to go home now.

Sighing, Sam was about to complain again about her sticking out like a sore thumb against a white background, but Mr. Mallory seemed to have an idea for that. Parkas. Well, she could wear a parka without many issues, though her tail might have trouble sticking up like it normally would. Still, the white parka was a start. Except...
"Even if I cover up my indigo fur, or most of it, my eyes are still a dead give away. It's dark out, so my eyes will be even more obvious. I can't exactly wander around with my eyes closed out there."
Complaining could probably be considered a skill for Sam, though she'd never admit to that. Still, she didn't want to do something and be guaranteed to fail at it rom the beginning. Her power was still finicky most of the time, so she couldn't lean on it the whole time. The moment she slows down, though, her eyes would give away her position. After all, they literally glow.

Ultimately, the mere mention of hot chocolate had Sam sold on the class activity regardless of its faults.
"Hot chocolate, you say?"
She perked up at this, her curiosity obviously piqued as well.
"Hmm..."
Curling her fingers around her chin in a thoughtful manner, Sam paused for a moment longer before dropping her hand.
"Fine. I'll play along just so I can get that hot chocolate at the end."

Ironically, just after asking if they had any questions, Mr. Mallory was already gone and clearly in a better mood about this than the rest of the group. Well, except for Manami, who seemed to find any and everything fun. She was quite literally a child, despite her body suggesting she was older than a child.

Not a moment after Mr. Mallory had wandered off, Ms. Morgan (was it Mrs.?) reappeared and trailed after the man, clearly concerned about her involvement in all of this.

Figuring she should arm herself with a parka in advance, Sam moved towards the hallway before pausing and looking back at Kendrick and Manami.
"Either of you want a parka, too? I'm not offering to get one for you, but it'd probably be a good idea to get one now before the game starts."
That was probably as nice as she was going to get, so Sam left before either even had a chance to respond.

Finding the storage closet wasn't too difficult, luckily, and Sam soon reemerged with a slightly large white parka on her. She didn't bother zipping it shut yet, as she figured it was going to be a bit annoying once it was zipped up all the way. It certainly was weird to see such a bright color on herself. She normally only wore shades of grey or black. Maybe dark red, if she was feeling up for it.

"Larry" the Groundskeeper (no image bcuz I cant' edit the size in-post anymore. F)

Mood: Cold.

With: Many, then none.
ManicMuse ManicMuse B Bag o Fruit

While it may have seemed like Larry had been silent for a bit of time, to the point of practically not existing, he had in fact been going through an unexpected software update. After it finally installed, and he went through a soft reset of one of his subsystems (the 'main' software could only be updated back at Fenrir Robotics) and re-scanned the area. The security footage of the outside proved that the snow was coming down much more ferociously now, and they seemed to have picked up a few more members. One of whom was unrecognizable, but after digging through the Facility's archaic student records system, they were found. Interesting. So much variety at this school. In terms of powers, nationalities, and all that other stuff. Sure, times were different, but Larry had flashbacks of Gergo telling stories about the old Commonwealth days, when he was one of the few foreigners that he was aware of. There was a crippled European lady, and if he remembered a Japanese member as well. Or something. Gergo didn't remember them as being all that important or particularly sassy...which meant noteworthy, in Gergo's book.

An internal 'ding' dragged Larry out of his thoughts. An email, from Ms Morgan. He had to move McNabb's car to the back lot? In this cold weather? Though he was incapable of plastering that emotion on his face, Larry was annoyed. It was cold out there, he didn't want to do that. Sure, he was a machine. Sure, the cold didn't really affect him. But it was still a pain in the rear. At least he wouldn't have to pick it up. Given the abundance of snow and ice, it would be easy to push.

Without a word, Larry stepped away from the group. The automatic doors at the front exit of the main building didn't open all the way, and Larry actually said "Sigh..." before prying the doors the rest of the way open and stepping out into the cold. He closed the doors behind him, marched off, and got to work moving snow off of McNabb's car. He took a 'screenshot' (a nifty feature for machines.) and sent it to Ms Page, along with the text: 'My hands are cold out here. Save me a hot chocolate. Thanks.' Finally freed from its snowy prison, Larry got to work shoving the vehicle through even more snow to the back of the lot.

(oh yeah, sorry I took so long to post lel)

Kendrick Haywood

People Around: Hamasaki Manami, Sam, Aaron Mallory, Hadrian Aburn (?) and Page Morgan >> Sam left and returned, Manami and maybe the Aburn guy.
Interactions: Lioness075 Lioness075 , Gus Gus (briefly?)

This is definitely cheap, but it still tastes pretty good!
Despite the new information on the parkas, Kendrick kept a rather skeptical stance towards the catch the flag game. Excitement level? Zero.
Mr. Mallory could go on the entire day about the importance on stealth training and things like that, his position on this exercise wouldn't change. It sounded so outrightly ridiculous and pointless! What were they? 5? For all that is sacred, there's no way all this excitement on a children's game was real, right?
He was just trying to get the hopeless, now stuck in here without a choice, students on the mood for something. Just attempting to not make this already disastrous Saturday a complete waste of time, right? Yeah, there's no way an adult would be this eager to play a game in the snow with a bunch of kids...

As the Collateral Damage and You teacher tried to be fun, and failed miserably, Kendrick sighed already regretting his decision to supporting this plan for class. Maybe, just maybe, if he had been against it they would have thought about something else. Well, that option had been completely lost now.
The boy was expecting to keep on a gloomy mood through the entire course of this awful day, but then, there was it. The magical word. Something he deeply adored and was barely allowed to have: Chocolate.

"Woa woa woa, there's hot chocolate afterwards?! Fucking sign me up a hundred times then!"

His interest was picked, and though in the outside there wouldn't be any noticeable changes to his behavior, on the inside he was like a little kid jumping of happiness. Kendrick finally stopped leaning on the fridge.

"No sir!", he had shaken his head and replied to Mr. Mallory's inquiry, as the man oddly left them before hearing to any questions they might have. Oh well.

Not paying much attention to Ms Morgan's return, Kendrick leaned near a table and 'let' Ted get down from his shoulder. The teddy bear took a couple steps over the wooden surface and then sat down, immobile as every toy was supposed to be. The boy's attention had shifted over to Sam, who in contrast to her earlier behavior, was being nice and mindful when asking about the parkas:

"I'm certainly swapping my coat by one of these, but later. I'm in no hurry to change.", the teenager had calmly replied, "Feel free to go on ahead."

It was true he was in no hurry to leave, but what Kendrick had in his mind currently was something else. After Sam left, the boy approached the fridge he had been leaning upon earlier and opened it up already searching for any kind of dessert that would be around. Well, Mr. Mallory had specifically said 'breakfast', but if you took in account that the teenager had NOT had any dessert on his breakfast thus far and it was supposed to be the end of the meal, maaaaybe this counted as an extended breakfast? This meant he was allowed to grab anything, right? Uhh, he hadn't had the time to ask about that before the teacher had left!
Deciding to go for it regardless, Kendrick took notice of a lonely piece of cake standing in the back of one of the shelves. Jackpot! It wasn't chocolate, neither a parfait, but it would certainly fit the bill. Taking the sweet, plastic plate and everything, over with him to the table. The boy opened up a shelf by the counter to get a fork and finally sat down to appreciate this delicious Pineapple cake he had found. He could always just, pay the owner if it came to it anyway.

Upon slicing a piece carefully with the fork, the boy took it to his mouth and was amazed at the flavor. He noticed that the furry girl had come back, but was waaay too entranced by this to acknowledge her in any way. Heh, who is thinking about rushing in the snow, when you can have free dessert?!
At this point, Kendrick had completely forgotten to check on whatever Manami or anyone else in the room was up to.

Last edited:
Aaron Mallory
miniAaron.png
Nearby: Page was trailing behind, LARRY's around somewhere...
Mood: Too focused to notice who is nearby!

@s B Bag o Fruit The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry ManicMuse ManicMuse

You and I and LARRY will be hunters, Ms. Morgan, whilst Mr. McNabb guards the way to the flag in the 'fortress of solitude' which I will now build for him. Perhaps if you could go and find something suitable for each team to use as a flag? A red folder perhaps? Whatever you have lying around as long as it is easily spotted, you know?” He turned to meet her eyes as he opened the side door to go out. “By the way: thank you so much for being willing to help out. I know this goes above and beyond, and don't think for a moment that I fail to notice or appreciate that. You are, without doubt, the greatest supporting staff with whom I have ever had the pleasure of working.” That said, he turned and stepped out, allowing the door armature to close it behind him.

It took a moment to orient himself in the snowscape behind the school. Everything was disappearing rapidly, and all the normal landmarks were softened and blurred almost beyond recognition by the rapidly accumulating snow. The steel jaws from what remained of his death trap test were still there though, once he found the right spot. Finding a good place to grip one near the middle, he gave it a light shake to clear the snow off, and then grabbed the other and laid it on top. They were slightly bent from Tabitha's ministrations, but a little gentle torque and they more or less lined up, curving inward on the far side from his makeshift handles. A bit of spot welding between thumb and forefinger and he had a serviceable snowplow about twenty feet wide and 8 feet high. A scant minute later, he had cleared a hundred foot radius and pushed all the snow into a pile in the middle, about 17 feet wide and 30 feet high. A bit of pounding and scraping, and he had a very solid cube 15 feet on a side. He used what was left of the plow, quite a bit worse for wear now, to scrape out a hollow place in the top and then laid it down as a sort of entrance ramp up to the ersatz ramparts on the side facing the school. Satisfied with his handiwork, he dusted his hands off and headed back to the main building.

PAGE MORGAN
@: @Gus The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry
8461a6aaaa48ec03f1fc17c04201f2ed.jpg

Aaron did not walk all that quickly, which made it easy for Page to keep right at his side, as they headed toward the door. While the teacher expressed his deep gratitude, the secretary could only mentally rant at herself,"You moron! You're the one that suggested capture the flag. He was planning to leave you in the office monitoring the blasted cameras. Now... You are going to have to deal with them. The children."

Page was not very fond of children. She tolerated them but given her dark childhood, she had a hard time relating to the mini-adults of tomorrow.

Mr. Mallory, disappeared behind the closing door leaving Page with a contoured look of horror plastered across her face. Just as the hinges to the doorway gave a squeal of relief as the door fully closed, an idea came floating by.

"The lost and found."

Tilting her head back and giving a groan of defeat, she stomped off toward the security office. Pulling down a plastic bin from a top shelf in the tiny closet of a room, the box slipped at the last moment. A cascade of hats, sweaters and random knick knacks fell everywhere. Dragging a smelly blue t-shirt off her head, Page looked around at the mess. With a shrug of her shoulders, she picked up an oversized red and orange scarf. Then snagged a light blue sweater.

Leaving the mess for some poor unsuspecting soul. The lights flicked off leaving only the glow of the security monitors to illuminate the colorful array of lost items, that now decorated the room. Grabbing her own jacket and gloves from the office, Page was as ready as she was going to be for this little event. With the make shift flags in hand, she reluctantly headed back down the hallway and then stopped just short of going outside. It was cold out there. Page had no intention of leaving the warmth of the building, until she had to.

A ping of the phone went off in her pocket. Digging around, Page opened the message to find an image from LARRY. The comment made her roll her eyes.

hqdefault.jpg

'My hands are cold out here. Save me a hot chocolate. Thanks.'

"Give me a break. Poor Robot."

With a grin she typed back, 'You can't even consume food. How about I just warm you up, tin man.'

Only after the message sent did Page realize the double entendre there. Turning beet red, she panicked. Sending a follow up message: 'I am sure we have a blow torch around here somewhere.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back