• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Mission Log (LORE)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Remain​

The remain or high-cyborgs are humans or other organic races who have switched most or all of their body with robotic parts, with only very few if any organic parts remaining, usually just the brain. Remains are rarely just people who decided to do this all at once, usually becoming a remain is gradual - a person's organ fails for one reason or another, so they replace it with an synthetic counterpart that will not. This renders remains technically invulnerable to old age or disease, as any robotic parts can be easily maintenance and any last organic parts can be replaced, sometimes resulting in remains with serious brain diseases to upload their minds into an AI, so it would be preserved after they die.
What separates remains from robots is their human origin. While robots can have very human-like personalities written into them, so that they can be considered a sentient being by all rights, a remain is inherently a human inside the body of a computer.
However, due to their long age, remains are quite rare, as becoming and being one, while having lots of benefits, is quite expensive and is only available to higher class people. This in turn means remains are sometimes quite wise, and found in influential positions.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Inara Logistics
Real-Time Transfers with Real-Time Results

A corporation known for developing military grade drones as well as military grade production weapons. From mechs to unmanned spacecraft and remote controlled missiles, Inara Logistics is developing the latest in weapons and has supplied several interplanetary conflicts in the past.

Drones such as M.A.I.S.I.E. were designed to be simple, easy to respond to commands and execute missions with the up-most efficiency. Despite this, after a lack of interplanetary conflicts the corporation has switched to selling out to pirates and entertainment companies seeking to make more war movies. And of course, many of their military A.I. were shipped or sold to other companies, often trading hands until the drones either powered out or gained new personalities and moved elsewhere.

M.A.I.S.I.E. and E.L.S.I.E. drones were by far the most advanced in terms of military intelligence and Inara had created a long line of such drones.

1517996536590.png

The Inara Logistics Drone Line:

Enforcement. Lethality. Software. Inara. Edition. or E.L.S.I.E.

These were mainly used for primary combat operations and scouting missions. One of the first generation of military drones created by Inara Logistics as a "super solider" prototype that excelled in dangerous operations as well as bomb control and counter terrorism.

1517997206209.png

Mechanical Astroneer Intelligent Software Inara Edition

A smaller version of the E.L.S.I.E. drones, these improved upon the design of a scout-based drone that militaries could use to find enemy mines. They were also more versatile with interacting with Inara Logistic's lines of mech and mech-capable automated craft, thus allowing temporary takeover if there was no pilot available to man the ship.

Inara Logistics has created several lines of these drones and hopes to create more in the future, as well as develop a line of combat androids and nanobots to help fuel further growth with a new line every few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back