Mission: Beaches Be Crazy

Z63QpOn.png
Jeremiah "JJ" Johnson

Mentioned: Syrenrei Syrenrei (Imogen), Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Juliana)
Nearby: Quite a bit of people
Jeremiah sighed having calmed down from his earlier frustration with the two teens. Even though the frustration was justified he knew that it would not be seen that way in Juliana's eyes and possibly others who had looked on. Still it was better than not standing up for himself. Had JJ done it again he might have talked to Juliana a bit nicer than before, but perhaps talking nicely wouldn't have gotten his point across. In the middle of thinking he saw out of the corner of his eye a jacket flying toward him. His hand flew out and grabbed hold of it before he even thought of catching it. Juliana spoke to him about how it was better for him to have not been wearing his jacket, even if this was true it didn't excuse the fact that she could have talked to him about it like most people. It wasn't in Jeremiah's mind to judge people however, so he simply gave a nod to Juliana and ignored the pouting she gave afterward.

With that done Jeremiah finally looked back up to Imogen as she responded to him. Thankfully she accepted his apology, kind of. Saying that you didn't need to apologize was a form of accepting it, right? At least Jeremiah hoped that it was. A smile spread across Jeremiah's face as she continued speaking, he was glad she had accepted and he gave a slight laugh at her comment afterward, "Well that's fine with me. I hardly eat much anyways." I hardly get much to eat either, he thought afterwards.

Kicking the heels of his feet impatiently Jeremiah was ready to get moving when Imogen suddenly asked about himself. Not many people really did this so he was confused, I'm not sure why she would want to know about me. I guess I should say something though. After a few seconds of thinking Jeremiah spoke again, "Well, I don't think there's much to know. I've started going to AEGIS not too long ago and I'm still trying to figure out more about my power. Other than that, I mean, I've lived in Baltimore my whole life. What else do you want to know? Also, what about yourself?" Jeremiah gave a friendly smile as he tucked his jacket over his shoulder and tying it around his arm so that it won't fall off.

66fe2ec5ac0144d1b0769abda1ccb598.png

Theodora Martin
The Bloody Island
With:
Kendrick and Piper ( Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lioness075 Lioness075 )​

That was quite the metaphor Toy Boy had for her. Shame that was the only thing preppy boys could do. Bark and act smart. Everyone who had a bone to pick with her was like that and Teddy hated them for it. Thinking they're so clever with their snappy comebacks. She'd find that they would think differently once her fists had a taste of them, but Toy Boy was sort of Teddy's friend. I mean, he was a fellow Brit, after all, but also because like her, Kendrick had parents where they count. Which meant that seriously harming him would be a fucking death sentence to her reputation. Plus he was, like, really cute. Shame about their age difference.

So she kept her calm as much as she can and stuck to words.

"Bear? You think I can't take on a fucking bear? I'm a wolf, you twat," Teddy retorted back at the boy toy, in the crassest manner possible. "I can kick a bear flat on its fat furry arse any day of the week!" The girl continued to shadow the boy, truly trying to be as obnoxious as possible. But also because she was intrigued that someone would dare call her name. It surely came from the fish girl, Manami, but what prompted it? No one actually desired Theodora Martin's presence, she was just a general nuisance.

When Kendrick used the all too familiar maturity and age quip, Teddy just smirked and rolled her eyes. She'd heard such things many times before, from many different people who knew the real her. She was used to it.

"Yeah, I'm older than you. Doesn't make me any better than you and definitely don't make you any better than me. I'm just cooler than the nerdy sack of piss that is Kendrick Haywood," she shouted back at him as she followed on his trail to the cabins. If Teddy could see what the fuck was going on while pissing Boy Toy off at the same time, that was a huge victory for her.

Violapost.png

Mood: HUNGRY
Company: Alone
@'s:
Other:
Viola PorterWalking off the boat without a care in the world, Viola dumped her bags next to Susan and listened for her designated cabin.
"Ahh the firestarters brat" Susan muttered quietly as Viola paid little attention and instead watched McNabb faceplant into the sand before pulling some body horror moves as he attempted to right himself. Pulling a grimaced face at the sight of the old mans arms twisting fully in their sockets, Viola finally registered that Susan had spoke to her.

"Sorry, I missed that... What's my cabin number." she sighed looking at the prehistoric piece of tech in front of her. How something this old was still functional, never mind useful, was a mystery. It was like someone had glued a pair of binoculars to an RC car via some clothes hangers.

"Cabin Seven, Miss Porter!" Susan responded. Viola simply nodded, hoping the robots out of date visual sensors could even pick up her movement as sign of acknowledgement, before walking off up the beach towards this fabled "brunch" that had been mentioned. Some food would be more than welcome after a full journey trying to ignore her hunger thanks to Morgan's loud as hell retching and crying, but now that it was by with and the smell wasn't assaulting her nostrils, food was definitely a good call.

Planting foot after foot into the golden sand, Viola made sure to take her time and concentrate on her movements. Unlike most, the feeling of sand underfoot wasn't all that pleasing for Viola, sure it was warm, and gave off that holiday feel, brought a smile to her face as it wriggled through her toes, but it was also soft, unstable, moving. Viola didn't have the luxury of full balance on softer ground, not without upping her voltage to her suit... and she was hungry. Voltage needed calories.

Keeping her mind on the meal, Viola pressed on, leaving the majority of the group behind. She didn't mind being by herself too much, shit was bound to hit the fan with this many students around at once. At least this way she could get some breakfast before all hell broke loose.

Last edited:
Manami Hamasaki

stingray.png

Nearby: Piper, Kendrick, Teddy
Mood: SO PROUD
@s: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lioness075 Lioness075 lazee lazee

This was Manami's moment in the sun. This was the crowning moment of her grandest adventure yet. She was the mission leader! She had found the key fact upon which the whole plot would turn! She ran up the path to the board walk and burst through the door of the first cabin, pursued closely by her friends. She skidded through the kitchenette and threw wide the inner door.

“LOOK! WE HAVE BUNKBEDS! I CHECKED ALL CABINS! THEY ALL HAVE BUNKBEDS! PIPER TAKE PICTURE! I GO TELL EVERYONE ELSE!”

BunkBeds.jpg

And with that, she bounded away toward the main hall, leaving the others to make of her grand discovery what they would.

Piper.jpg
Name: Piper Farrar Occupation: University Student / AEGIS' Personal Paparazzi
Skills: Photography, Bookworm, Animal Friend Location: Outside of Main Hall --> Following Manami to Cabins
Attire: White tank top with fiery fox on it, torn jeans with black leather belt, black and white flip flops Tagged: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Kendrick), Gus Gus (Manami), lazee lazee (Theodora)
While the teen responded, Piper took note of the fact that a teddy bear was sitting on his hat. What is the purpose of the toy? Is it a lucky object for him? A part of his power, perhaps?

Mentally returning to the conversation at hand, Piper nodded at the brief mention of his not wanting to expose himself too much. She could understand that. She only wore a tank top to help relieve herself in this blistering heat, but she still didn't appreciate getting any looks that lasted too long. That was so not why she was here.

"I get not wanting to expose yourself too much and all. It just annoys me to have anyone looking at me longer than necessary. That's definitely not why I'm here." Pausing, Piper furrowed her brows slightly before adding, "But I'm definitely going to swim, at least, once while here. I can only imagine how nice the water must feel."

Listening to the teen explain his rich lifestyle, Piper frowned and shook her head. She hated spoiled brats like this. Not even considering the financial consequences since their parents can handle it for them. Piper had rich parents, but she wasn't going to become a brat like this. No way in hell.

Scoffing at the teen, Piper replied, "You need a serious wake-up call, kid. Or maybe more financial responsibility." She couldn't say much more, given it sure sounded like the teen's parents would keep him covered for life. Unless they planned on kicking him to the curb at some point, he really wouldn't ever need to learn financial responsibility. His parents sure sounded rich enough for the finances to keep flowing well throughout the teen's life.

Sighing, Piper added, "Maybe just start with cleaning up your attitude a little. It really couldn't hurt."

It was a tragedy the teen's fan died, but Piper couldn't say she was too concerned about it. He'd get a new one, no doubt.

It was more than obvious that the teen knew the girl, who amazingly enough had a worse attitude than him. Maybe this trip wasn't the best idea. It was hard enough making all supers look good in the media, it was even harder to make teens with attitude adjustment problems look like good people. This was going to turn into a business trip, not a vacation.

Piper did take note of the one name provided for the girl, which was Martin and most likely a last name. Perhaps if they could ditch the girl, then Piper could get some dirt on her through the male teen. Now that she thought about it, she still didn't know his name. While the girl had offered a nickname, Piper was definitely not calling him 'Toy Boy'. On the upside, it definitely hinted that his teddy bear companion had something to do with his power, whatever it may be.

Piper chuckled at the mention of attire choice, as it was a bit odd to see someone wearing dark colors on a tropical island. That was just begging for the sun to murder you with its heat.

Though, the second Martin mentioned fighting a bear as a wolf, Piper had to pause mid-step, as she doubled over with laughter. That is the worst comeback ever! Anyone, literally anyone, knows that a bear would maul a wolf to death. Especially a lone wolf! This girl stood zero chance of taking on a bear, yet here she was talking smack like it was easy-peasy.

Standing back up to rejoin the teen in following Manami to whatever her discovery was, Piper was not entirely pleased for Martin to be tagging along. It helped that she was obviously not the brightest, though. Piper had to wonder how many jokes would go over the teen's head and put her in a defensive mood instead.

"Just so you know, kid, a bear would maul you to death without a pack. Unless you'd like to make your own death a form of entertainment, I'd strongly suggest you don't boast doing something you would most certainly not succeed at. Just goes to show how much of your voice is being controlled by your pride."

As they finally arrived at the cabins, Piper stepped in after Manami and raised her eyebrows when the grand discovery was revealed to be bunk beds. Alas, Manami was always so cute with her excitement and Piper couldn't help but laugh at the fish-girl's never-ending excitement. Sadly, Manami was already out the door and gone before Piper could even say something to her.

Shaking her head in amusement at this, Piper switched her camera to an auto option, in order to avoid messing up her manual settings. She then snapped a few shots of the bunk beds before turning her camera back off and leaving it to hang around her neck.

Exhaling, Piper then turned to the male teen and prideful teen.
"Well, that was 'exhilarating' as always with Manami." Piper glanced back at the bunk beds before adding, "I've never actually slept in one of these before."

Kendrick Haywood

small10340522_by_necessity4fun-dadjfd2.jpg

Location: Paradise Island - En route to the cabins >> Cabin Area
People Around: Auburn haired reporter (Piper), Hamasaki Manami >> The nuisance that is Teodora Martin is back >> Manami left.
Interactions: Lioness075 Lioness075 , lazee lazee

Today's Toys: Ted, Kefir, Sparkles, Maverick and Humphrey

Maybe now, we can all be more civilized.
Dashed...Why the heck had he dashed away? Why, just WHY?!
He knew why, but that did not change the fact on how stupid that had been. The weather was hot already and Kendrick had just made it worse for himself with bonus physical exercise. OH for fuck's sake, everything was melting... This must be exactly how pie feels inside the oven! What a real temperature from Hell it was in this forsaken place.

Sighing irritated by the heat and the lack of a method to help him with that, the boy was forced to slow down to raise and button his shirt sleeves in place. It wasn't much, but at least this should refresh him a bit more until he found a store to buy another fan or something... And then he turned around to see who was following and a new-old nuisance could be seem catching up with him, Theodora Martin.

"Ah no, oh Lord not her again! I am not in the mood..."

He tried, he had really tried picking speed up again, but the music star didn't give up her chase. It was unclear whether she hadn't realized the boy's intention of leaving her behind or if she had tagged along for that exact reason. Though, to be honest, it was probably the last option.
Having caught up with the reporter at this point, Kendrick came to terms with the fact that Theodora would not leave, and sighing in defeat, readied himself for even more annoying name calling coming from her.
Despite everything, the start of the other Brit's comebacks brought a smile to his face. It was clear this woman had never ever even tried watching animal documentaries before and spoke with no knowledge on the matter. Had she ever seen a bear? There's no way a single wolf could take that perilous thing down! Maybe the entire pack, but one lonely wolf? There's no way on Earth that's possible...

And that seemed to be exactly the trail of thought the Auburn haired girl had made too. Voicing her own opinion, the boy was astonished and impressed by such a flawless reply. Really, he couldn't have said it any better himself! That had been PERFECT. Now it was up to him to make it even better:

"It seems you're too cool for Animal Planet too. What type of wolf are you if you can't even make prideful but also nature ACCURATE comebacks? What?", he pretended to gasp in realization, "Oh no. Martin, don't tell me you're allergic to knowledge... Actually, that would explain a lot, including this weird dialect.", Kendrick shrugged, keeping very humble stance, "My most sincere apologies, but I don't speak 'insufferable prick', so I can't understand a word you say."

Come on, if that didn't make her tired of them Kendrick would start suspecting Theodora liked being bashed like that. 'Realize you're losing already and leave me alone!' the boy wished, dreading the possibility of having this nuisance around for brunch, in the very same table. At least one good thing had come from this exchange, it had distracted him from the Hellish heat.

That's when the group finally arrived to their destination. The cabins. The teenager briefly thought about what could be the mysterious exciting thing. IF it was something remotely interesting, it was probably an animal or plant. This island was filled with nature, a complete different ecosystem, it was bound to have something exotic around.
It would have made a lot of sense if this conclusion had been the truth. But it was not. Of course. Expecting Manami to act anything bordering normal had been silly of him...
The excited girl had bolted away leaving the secret thing behind, bunkbeds. Yes, beds, the most common thing for one to find inside a room... Kendrick blinked in disbelief for a while, it was certainly disappointing to have come for something as simple as that, but still, seeing how carefree and innocent his friend was, there was no way he could get mad at her. Not even when she had postponed his breakfast.
Hearing the laugh from the reporter made him laugh too, amused at Manami's joyful disposition and excitement. It had been a soft and kind laugh:

"Oh, that Manami! Really? Beds?? That was the mystery?", he kept laughing to himself for a while, watching the camera girl take a couple of pictures of the bunkbeds and then talk to him again, "I haven't either", Kendrick commented in response, "Huh...", he brought his free arm, hand in a fist, to his face, pondering to himself about things, "Bet the top bed is everyone's favorite. So, picking the bottom one would be a wise decision, to avoid any strife..."

Turning around, looking at the two, the boy shared his next 'plan of action':

"Well, the 'mystery' has been solved. Since we've come so far, I think leaving the luggage by the rooms would be a great idea before we leave for brunch, don't you think?", that's when he recalled that he hadn't been told his cabin yet.
Resting his gaze upon the reporter, Kendrick made her a very formal request:
"If, it wouldn't be much bother, could I let my suitcase rest by your cabin during brunch? I haven't been assigned mine yet and would appreciate having less weight to carry along all the way back to the main hall..."

"Oh, how rude of me. We haven't properly exchanged names yet, have we?", the teenager extended his hand to the Auburn haired girl, the premise for a hand shake, "I'm Kendrick Haywood and the plush on my shoulder is Ted.", he completed with motioning towards the toy with his free hand and 'made' Ted wave at her.

Last edited:

icon_morgan.png
Morgan Brahn
“Bleh… Joke’s on you, I left the tiara at home…” Morgan had his arms over his face, to block out the bright sun and the wibbly wobbly timey wimey movements of all the crowd around him. Naturally, of course, the moment he moved his arm to peek at Jordan was the moment his snot-faced little brother dropped a pointy box of pills almost directly into his eyeball.

“Hey! Careful!” He glared at Jordan, and slowly sat up. He heard a woman’s voice – one of the newer teachers – addressing him, felt the faint telepathic tug of someone looking at him, thinking about him –

Morgan turned around to address Ms. Rousseau, and his mind came to a screeching halt. A faint puff of smoke escaped the wristwatch-style limiter he wore, along with the odor of burnt electronics. Chris spoke to him, offering him some medicine as well – Morgan barely registered his classmate’s presence. He was distracted. Very distracted.

“H-hi! I’m fine!” His voice cracked. He was not fine. The smoke from his limiter had turned blue.

This was exactly the sort of high-strain incident that got the oldest Brahn brother in trouble a few years ago. There were few things as humiliating as dozing off on the bus and the entire class finding out precisely how unrequited his passionate love for the (married) French teacher was.

Wow.

Nope, too late. There is was. Ingrained in his head for all eternity, a mental image of Ms. Rousseau in her scandalously translucent swimwear. Her dark flowing hair, her elaborate inkwork, her dark and soulful eyes - Quickly! Think of something else! Morgan scanned the beach for inspiration, and saw it – Mr. Ursler! Dogs! Sad dogs! Think of sad puppies!

Morgan’s limiter shattered around his wrist. Like a faint radio, In the Arms of an Angel began to play in the mind of anyone unfortunate enough to be within range, along with flashes of sad-faced puppies and kittens in kennels with concrete floors.

I have fucked up.

The awkward smile on his face slowly fell as once again, his powers betrayed him.

"I'm going to go kill myself now. Enjoy brunch for me."

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

cecilia_by_necessity4fun-d9s5g98.jpg

People Around: Tall girl and Mister Allen McNabb

Tags: Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , B Bag o Fruit (If you would like to react~) @St Sin (Urial may come in, whenever~)

--OOC: This wasn't the mission for feels, goddammit me!--

*After a while, true peace*
The little Italian continued in alarm, staring towards the direction of the First Aid teacher. She watched the kind winged girl from before come to him, probably asking for the ointment she had said she would ask him, and there also seemed that someone was lying in the sand already. It didn't take that long for a new plea for help to cut through the atmosphere, someone was asking for Urial to check on Morgan...

What? why? Had he fallen as well?! Cecilia turned around following where the voice had come from and noticing the path that black haired boy seemed to be going for, noticed the pair a little farther. The only little white haired kid she knew was Jordan, which meant that the figure by the ground was probably Morgan.
With nothing else to do other than wait for the chivalry, the girl watched her friend's situation from where she stood, thought she did so unaware of the context. Both of the groups were rather far from each other, most likely only able to communicate to each other if they screamed... It, didn't seem like that serious of a situation for her to interrupt them with questions.

They messed around with a box, too far for anyone to make out what it was for. Cecilia saw the black haired boy that had called for help pick it up from the sand, she hadn't noticed it was even in there before, and then do something with it...? At this point, the Italian was uncertain if Morgan had really fallen or if something else was happening. The box could very well be food or medicine after all, or even, more ointment like the girl she had met had gone for earlier!
A lady she hadn't seen yet then joined Morgan's group. She was already wearing her swimsuit and it was so so different from the one Cecil had brought too... The girl found it to be odd. Bold and daring, but still odd when they weren't beside the sea yet. But, maybe that was just her, it's not like it went against uhh...beach customs! Yeah, that's probably a normal occurrence... Perhaps, Cecilia herself was the odd one by thinking that was a weird thing. What was that called again? Oh, Culture clash! And well, her own style was rather colourful and childish anyway, a full grown woman would probably look strange wearing her clothes~ Not that the sizes would fit, it was most likely that they would not...

Being distracted with amusing and exciting matters such as these, Cecilia stopped paying full attention to what was going on with Morgan's group and had instead looked somewhere else, reminiscing a bit about home. It was impossible not to, specially when the weather was this similar. If she closed her eyes she could picture it: little her standing in a field of green grass and the delicious smell of cake coming from the house~~
...Heh, t-that's weird her brain had suddenly decided to pick up a song she had heard from a movie as background score, a rather unfitting one because she's not SAD about anything and-

*pit pat*

The sound of water drops coming to encounter with the sand bellow took Cecilia out of her daydreaming, but the thing is it wasn't raining and it wasn't properly water... A couple runaway tears had started pooling up and falling, leaving the little Italian in a state of confusion:

"But, I wasn't feeling sad a second ago...!"

Yet, for some reason she was now. Her mood had shifted in the snap of a finger and with it so did the wind. The alarmed constant blow had instantly died down, in it's place a faint, gentle twirl embraced the girl, the same way her newly adquire confusion had. Cecilia didn't have a single idea of why she felt so upset out of a sudden, but the tears wouldn't stop.
She tried distracting herself from that feeling, attempting to turn around and check on Morgan again and that's when she was reminded of something: her luggage was still there.

Upon taking a step back, the girl tripped over the rolling backpack, wearing an expression of surprise as her body fell to have an encounter with a lump sand right bellow in a soft 'thuft'. All wind instantly ceased. With the sky and the sun looking directly at her, the Italian laughed over how silly her current situation was, the warm ground providing rather the pleasant lying down spot.
Bringing her right arm to her face, Cecilia let the last of her erratic tears make their path downwards:

"Everyone is falling today...", she made a commentary, lacking the same excitement it once had in her head, the weird feeling of sadness still lingered by, "What a beautiful shade of blue~"

And she stood there, eyes in the sky, back on the sand. The tranquility of that spot was enough that the girl decided to not make any effort to get back up, at least not so soon. She closed her eyes and Cecilia could see the farm, the fields she played at as a child, the animals she had seen, her pet dogs... Here, in this mysterious beach, the environment had a calm and peace that the big city could never have.
Part of her had really missed this... And it did hurt a little that it was just temporary.

"We need to enjoy opportunities to the fullest when they come to us, right Nonna?", she recalled the wise words of her grandmother and smiled.

Last edited:

thumb.jpg

Raymond Walker
Mood: Disturbed
Tune mentioned
Raymond woke suddenly, lurching up from his hammock only to fall back into it as the sun blinded his unprepared eyes. "Bloody hell..." he muttered as he shielded his eyes. Already the dream he'd awoken from was fading from his mind, the most he could remember was the brightness and the odd sort of tune that was playing in the background. Raymond shook his head, both to wake himself up further and to shake the disturbing dream away as he gingerly reopened his eyes. Under the shielding shadow of his hand, his eyes were able to adjust and take in the sights around him.

It appeared they had arrived at the island, and most of the other students had already disembarked. Raymond wasn't too concerned about this, though, he was still fairly new to the AEGIS and hadn't really met anyone yet. He hoped this little trip would be an opportunity to meet a few people, and he just felt like going somewhere with some sun and surf anyways.

"Surf..." Raymond muttered, catching the word in his thoughts as he began to ponder the potentiality to go surfing. He'd never done it but it's always been something he told himself he'd try if the opportunity arose. Raymond peered out over the yacht's deck towards the open ocean around them, wondering if the waves that came were the kind that allowed some good surfing. Perhaps he could ask around later on about it.

For now, three things prioritized themselves in Raymond's mind. The first was the heat and the sun, the latter still burning his iris's. Raymond fumbled his chest for a pair of sunglasses he'd folded and hung on his shirt for a moment before peering around his immediate surroundings. Finally, he found them on the ground, likely tossed when he'd sat up quickly. Raymond unfolded them, taking a brief moment to dust off the lenses before putting them on and sighing in relief as his vision started to adjust and his eyes quit hurting.

The second made itself known as his stomach growled, alerting him to the need for sustenance. Raymond was hungrier than a starved dog and immediately looked around for some sort of food. Of course, he knew there'd be nothing nearby until he got off the yacht, or at least he told himself that before his eyes found the half eaten Butterfinger he'd munched on prior to falling asleep. Raymond's eyes grew wide with hunger as he reached out and snatched the candy bar, taking mere seconds to devour the crunchy delicious snack. It wouldn't be enough of course, but it quieted the growling for now.

The third was the subtle urge to pull out a cigarette, the nicotine addiction just begging to be quenched. Raymond wasn't actively trying to quit or anything at the time, though he'd weighed the idea a few times previously, so he had no qualms with satisfying this urge as he started rooting about in his pockets. Soon his hand came free with a pack clutched in their fingers, and it wasn't long before the long slender object was between his lips as he lit the tip and took a long drag.

Raymond blew out slowly, relaxing his muscles as he did so and once more taking stock of his surroundings. With the three biggest concerns dealt with Raymond stood from the hammock, taking a brief moment to throw his duffel over his shoulder before strolling down the yachts ramp to follow after the others.

Imogen Jarsdel
Conversing with: JJ ( Malikai Malikai )

Imogen was troubled by JJ's assertion that he didn't eat much but she took care to make certain it didn't bleed into her expression. As much as she might like to fall into a more maternal role with someone his age it was not her place to. "Well if you decide to eat more, I have a feeling that they can afford it here," she remarked lightly. The regenerator had enough experience with the wealthy she could practically smell the scent of money on this place. Sure, some kid here was related to whomever owned this little slice of paradise, but why exactly were they here? Surely she could have sent an invitation for just the boy and a few friends? It was a little suspicious that everyone had been brought no matter how well-deserving they were. Generosity on this scale was rare and seldom without strings attached. Imogen had a hard time imagining that the 'strings' attached here would be anything worse than using her body as a shield against violent supers and criminals.

"Still trying to figure out your power? You do not yet know what it is?" It made sense she supposed. It was getting easier to test for the 'super gene' but knowing if it was present was a completely different matter than knowing its nature. She heard many supers discovered their ability in adolescence but when varied wildly. Imogen wasn't a 'late bloomer' but she wasn't one of the first either. If she had to wager a guess she'd imagine she'd be right in the middle of the bell curve of age discovery. If JJ thought he was boring he had just met his match. Finding your power late in life? That was an abnormality at least worth noting. "I would be happy to know anything you are willing to tell me. I enjoy listening to people's stories," she remarked honestly.

"Me? I am neither famous or extraordinary," Imogen replied to his query with a shrug. How quickly she regenerated was not frequently matched but regeneration in and of itself was not that unusual. Methods varied and pace varied, but it wasn't rare. Soon it would become as commonplace as the 'superhero landing.' She could do the superhero landing too, probably, but instead of landing in a crouch and then standing in a blaze of glory and power she'd be a pancake that congealed and then rose like a broken, bloody doll. It wouldn't have the same impact that was for certain. Good way to make the public fear a regenerator? Make them try the superhero landing... as if living for exponentially longer wasn't off-putting enough. "My family moved from England to Baltimore after my father's job offered him a transfer with a promotion. I've been in Maryland ever since. I was young enough when we moved I consider Baltimore my true home."

66fe2ec5ac0144d1b0769abda1ccb598.png

Theodora Martin
The Bloody Island
With:
The squares Piper and Kendrick, as well as Manami, but she left, I think ( Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lioness075 Lioness075 Gus Gus )​

Say what you will about Teddy, but even she wouldn't have the gall to chew out a cute little child, even if said little child was actually a woman in her 20s with gills and looked like the perpetrator to Steve Irwin's murder. Nevertheless, it was hard for her to conceal her express irritation at the inane thing Manami beckoned her for. Like, for real. Bunkbeds? You could tune in to a golf match and it'd be just slightly more excitable that fucking bunkbeds. Though Teddy was already being very patient for someone who had once thrown a bowl of curry at a waiter because it wasn't spicy enough. Frowning bitterly like she usually does, the musician wolf girl made a low groan of frustration before bouncing onto one of the bottom bunks. Surprisingly comfy, it was!

"Can't believe that fishy scrap called us here just for bloody bunkbeds..." Teddy muttered out, fully expecting the two squares to call her out for it. Goddamn squares. "I'd understand the excitement if there was buried treasure or a portal to London, but instead, bunkbeds. Fuck, I should've known!" Still nowhere near happy, but at least calming down, she now sat on the bed while hugging her knees, staring intently at Boy Toy and Piper-azzi hitting it off.

"Hey! Now that Mamamanananami successfully bamboozled us, what say we head back and grab some food? Food sounds better than laying around here in our own gullibility. You two can still talk sweet to each other at the table, after all." Teddy said that last part with a smug smirk on her face as she began to rise, butting into the two on her way out the door.

"I wonder what's taking them so long..."

An elderly woman with long white curls and garish purple lipstick leaned against the open double doorway of the main hall, holding a mug of piping hot coffee that smelled suspiciously of alcohol, and squinted at the commotion that she could just barely see down the beach. No distinct figures could be made out, although she thought she might have seen a flash of pink. She hoped it was her grandson.

Behind her, a few employees were finishing setting up the brunch buffet. It was nothing too extravagant, she more or less copied the continental breakfast menu that was a staple across so many American hotels. Fruit, bagels, cold and hot cereal, bacon and sausage... She sipped her coffee and smiled, leaving faint purple marks on an otherwise pristine white mug.

Demeter Green could only imagine the thrilling ways in which she would make Hunter Ward's life a living hell this week.

Oh, and she supposed that seeing her family and meeting Eden's friends while making a positive impression on Aegis and Commonwealth in a bid to annoy Gergo and get her citizenship back were also important.

But really, Red called her ugly. That deserved some sort of retribution.

Violapost.png

Mood: Curious
Company: Matron
@'s: welian welian
Other:
Viola Porter" As the sand underfoot gave way to the more solid gravel making up the path up the hill towards the main hall, Viola picked up some speed. It didn't look like many others were in front of her, in fact she might be the only one making her way off the beach so far. Of course she couldn't be certain, and she also didn't really care. She hadn't really been paying much attention to anyone else.

Her mind wandered off slightly thinking about what food could be on offer when her destination was reached, perhaps some pastries, maybe some eggs and bacon. If she was lucky maybe they would have some granola with yogurt. Her stomach gurgled slightly at the thought.

Up ahead a lone figure stood apart from the rest, it appeared to be an older woman. IT looked like she was dressed in fairly high class fashion, perhaps this was the owner of this resort? Viola was aware that this place was a private island, however the finer details had escaped her. As she got closer Viola found herself almost face to face to face with the woman, she was more intimidating that Viola had expected, but then again what rich old person wasn't... They always tended to give off an air of "better than thou".

"This, this is the main hall, yes?" Viola questioned looking over the building in front of her. it was most definitely the main hall, however the opportunity to strike up some form of dialogue at the expense of the obvious was not a bad thing.

Luther Rousseau
Conversing with: Morgan ( welian welian ) & Jason Swan ( Giyari Giyari )

"Morgan Brahn, if you are threatening self-harm I'm afraid that's the sort of thing I have to report," she said with a smile. They both knew of course that it was a passing comment and nothing more. For as embarrassed as Morgan seemed to be, Luther wasn't at all. It wasn't pure happenstance that her body happened to be the veritable work of art it was and she had little shame. In fact, it was nice to be admired. Luther wasn't certain if her unexpected appearance had made the teenager forget his queasiness or if it had only amplified it. Erring on the side of caution for once she dropped a ginger ale soda can out of left hand and caught it with her right before handing it to him.

"You should come see me after you graduate," she stated with a wink. Her gaze had remained focused on his she considered his discomfort. A folded beach towel with red and gray stripes dropped out of her stomach and landed on his lap to help alleviate his shame. Luther politely ignored the song and images of sad puppies that he had apparently conjured from commercials. Their sudden imposition on her mind spoke to the distraction he was trying to fabricate and why. It was a good day to be Luther.

"I'll be in Cabin 1 if you need me later, Morgan," she added with a wave before she strutted back towards the teachers to leave Morgan to calm himself. Poor kid. Puberty was a rough time but she'd help him get a little worldly experience once he was no longer her student if he wanted to. He was easier on the eyes than he probably thought he was and it was nice he wasn't trying to be a macho man. There were enough men in the world compensating for something by pressing weights and puffing out their chest to prove manliness.

"Hey boss, you going to go drink a mimosa or are you looking for something a little longer-lasting than those tiny ass bottles they give you on the plane? We're on an island so I think I'll have some rum myself." She slid a 750 mL bottle of dark rum out of her left shoulder and a tumbler out of the right. "Or maybe you're a lite beer kind of guy," she mused. Luther might have said she wouldn't judge him if he drank a bitch beer but the truth be told she definitely would. A man with as many responsibilities as he had? He ought to be able to hold his liquor and then some. It was worth waiting for a reply before she tried to drink him under the table.

After all, it was still morning. The day was young.

Jeremiah "JJ" Johnson
Mentioned: Syrenrei Syrenrei (Imogen), welian welian (Walked into Mess Hall)
Nearby: Imogen, some people from the Mess Hall maybe
Jeremiah noticed some subdued shock at what he had said about not eating much. It was a bit suspicious the way he had phrased that. He might have to be a bit careful so as to not let people know of his current situation. After staring just a bit too long he let out a slight chuckle, "Y-yeah, this seems like the kind of place that would have a lot of food." It was then that he really took a look at the building on the island. The building was really kind of extravagant. Much more then he had expected. It made him curious as to how AEGIS has the money for a trip like this.
At Imogen's next question he simply nodded, and then nodded again, "I don't know my power at all. So yeah, I guess I am still trying to figure it out." Jeremiah wasn't sure what it would take to even get his power, or what he should even be looking for in terms of his power, "Thank you though," He said in response to her remark, "I appreciate it. I don't really have anybody to tell me about this whole powers thing. The classes at AEGIS are not the most informative to somebody who doesn't know their power."

Imogen then began responding to his question. It was a simple one that he wasn't sure she would address, so he was glad when she did. Though it was surprising to hear she was from England, she certainly carried herself like somebody from Baltimore. Which makes sense given the age she moved here at. Jeremiah looked up at her with a smile, "Well you definitely act like somebody from Baltimore. Considering how long you've stayed here as well, you're pretty much Baltimorian to me!"

Jeremiah continued walking with Imogen up to the mess hall, and took a short second to take in the sight of it before heading on into the mess hall. At the sight of the various tables and amounts of food around he became conflicted with what he should actually do. His eyes flicked between everything and he glanced back at Imogen slightly nervous. Never had Jeremiah actually seen this much food in one place.

Piper.jpg
Name: Piper Farrar Occupation: University Student / AEGIS' Personal Paparazzi
Skills: Photography, Bookworm, Animal Friend Location: Outside of Main Hall --> Following Manami to Cabins
Attire: White tank top with fiery fox on it, torn jeans with black leather belt, black and white flip flops Tagged: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Kendrick), lazee lazee (Theodora)
Piper smirked at the teen's pretend thoughtful expression and gesture, while listening to him ponder the concept of bunkbeds. It was true, most would probably want the top bunk. Though, the top bunk meant having to climb up and down all of the time, which sounded both annoying and like a potential disaster if one of her cameras fell from that height.

Shrugging, she said, "You know what, I think I'll pick the bottom bunk as well. Top one sounds like too much of a hassle to me."

Piper nodded at his idea of leaving the luggage behind, promptly abandoning her suitcase by the nearest bunk bed. Bemused by his embarrassment at asking to leave his luggage here, Piper gave him a small smile before saying, "Go ahead, I don't mind. I can always give it you later if some girls are too bothered by a boy retrieving his luggage."

At the mention of introductions, Piper stood up a bit taller momentarily and nodded at Kendrick before replying, "I'm Piper Far - woah!" Her eyes widened at Ted coming to life, something she hadn't entirely noticed up until now. So, he can manipulate toys? That was too cool! Piper immediately imagined all of the fun times she could've had playing by herself with toys growing up if she'd been able to manipulate them like that.
Realizing she hadn't said anything for a moment or so, Piper quickly spoke up again, "Sorry, that just was a bit surprising to me is all. I think I'm the only normal human here. Well, non-super anyways."
She paused when Teddy spoke up again, giving the girl a signature-Piper-glare. She knew this glare probably would only further fuel someone like this chick, but it was a compulsive reaction.
Sighing, Piper looked back at Kendrick and said, "Well, I am rather hungry at this point. It'd be more fun without a certain someone, but some things can't be helped, I guess."

RaymondspaandspaaceCecilia
SPAACE
thumb.jpg
SPAAACEE
cecilia_crop_by_necessity4fun-db6rzz4.png

Raymond’s path eventually lead him to a curious sight in the form of a girl laying in the sand. The closer Raymond neared the more evident it became that there were tears on her face. Raymond’s nature brought forth a slight sense of concern as he quickened his pace a slight. “Excuse me, are you alright?” he called down to her as he approached her.

Upon hearing the new voice, Cecilia took her gaze out of the sky, directing it towards the source. The silhouette of a boy was barely distinguishable as it covered the sun, with the rays of light coming from behind him and making her squint at the brightness. There was one thing she was sure of though, it wasn't the voice of someone she knew.

"Eh?!", the Italian let out confused, unaware of the impression her current situation was passing, "Why wouldn't I be alright?"

Raymond slowed to a stop as the girl replied, a look of puzzlement crossing his face. “Well, you are laying on the ground and crying, one could merely assume something was wrong.” Raymond responded after a moment. “I guess I've assumed wrong. Would you like a hand up though?” Raymond asked, reaching out and offering a hand.

The girl's eyes went wide at the mention of crying. In the middle of her nostalgia, Cecilia had completely forgotten about the mysterious tears that had flown down earlier. She plunged forward, instantly drying her face with her hands:

"Oh, these?! I ehh, I'm not sure where they came from. Actually. I know where they came from, obviously, what I don't really know is why...", she laughed softly, "Sorry, I'm probably not making much sense right now."

Now that the sun wasn't directly on top of her, the Italian could see the boy a lot better. It was a brown haired person clearly older than her, perhaps college age, wearing sunglasses and smoking a cigarette. Cecilia's expression discreetly stiffened a bit as she internally cringed. She was aware of how bad those things were for people's health, and the smell of the smoke wasn't something she found pleasant. Still, the girl kept those bothers to herself, remaining friendly and cheerful:

"Sure! I know myself enough to know that slipping in the sand and falling again isn't that impossible.", Cecilia smiled at him and put one hand in the ground for support, grabbing the boy's hand with the other and waiting for him to pull her up.

Raymond tightened his grip and lifted the girl onto her feet in one easy pull. “Clumsy are ya?” Raymond asked, dusting off some of the sand from the girl’s back. Raymond shifted his grip a bit to give her an actual handshake before letting go, “Name’s Raymond, new around here actually. Just started quite recently actually.” He introduced himself, “And you are?”

Once back in her feet, the Italian glanced briefly at the floor in embarrassment "A-a bit", she admitted.

Then the boy tapped the back of her clothes, cleaning off some of the sand that had stuck to them. Cecilia stuttered, words failing as she was slightly bothered by the fact he was doing something else for her. It just felt like she was involuntarily taking advantage of his kindness! It didn't seem right. But unable to find the correct words to express that in time, the girl simply let out a "You shouldn't have done all that" and explained that it was something she could have done herself.

Cecilia's attention shifted to their still entwined hands right afterwards. The fact that the boy’s grip, that was once a pull, changed into a handshake took her out by surprise. Handshakes were less formal in America... right. The girl awkwardly reciprocated. She had failed to acknowledge handshakes before, but definitely not this time! What she did fail to notice was that Raymond had let go of her hand at some point... So for a while it stood right there, shaking by itself, gripping nothing but air, before the little Italian pulled it back with a low 'Ah' of realization:

"Raymond...", she repeated it struggling with her pronunciation, the 'a' and 'o' sounds a lot more open and accentuated than they were meant to and a strong inclination to end the name with an extra 'o' toggling at her, "Now, that's such an unique sounding name. It's going to take a few tries...", the girl smiled apologetically, "I'm Cecilia, but you can shorten it to Cecil if you want! Nice to meet you Ray...mond. Uh. This is going to be hard..."

"Well, Welcome to AEGIS! Even though, this is clearly the beach right now.", she shrugged with a soft laugh.

“Nice to meet you, Cecilia,” Raymond replied with a slight smirk. “Aye, it is the beach. And it looks like everyone’s leaving us behind to head for that main building I suppose?” Raymond asked, although it was more him thinking aloud than actually asking. “Suppose we best catch up, yea?” Raymond suggested to Cecilia before he started walking.

"Yeah...", the girl had mindlessly nodded, until she recalled something else, "Actually, no. I mean, ehh..."

Troubled, Cecilia glanced at her backpack, and then over her shoulder, towards both Mr. McNabb and the unknown tall girl with black hair. In one way, she would feel really bad for leaving the teacher in the condition he was, but on the other, Raymond was new and could probably use the company... Okay, if those two seemed like they were going to be fine by themselves, the little Italian would accompany Raymond to brunch. Otherwise, she would stay, even though there probably wasn't much she could help with.
Ahh, sometimes Cecilia wished she could be two instead of making such tough choices... Or at least manage to do both at the same time, but nope, that certainly wasn't happening here.

((Nessy: This is a collab with Transparent Transparent , obviously >w<
B Bag o Fruit and Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , if you can/want to post/react, otherwise I'm moving next, okay? No problem at all, I know everyone is busy!))

Last edited:
Kendrick Haywood
small10340522_by_necessity4fun-dadjfd2.jpg

People Around: Piper and Teodora Martin.
Interactions: Lioness075 Lioness075

Today's Toys: Ted, Kefir,
Sparkles, Maverick and
Humphrey

And we're finally about to move back, Hallelujah!
The reporter seemed to agree with him about the fact that choosing the top bunk would bring both of them even more work later. While she shrugged, Kendrick had reinforced his approval to her conclusion with a single, polite nod of his head.
Upon receiving her permission to leave his suitcase on her cabin, the boy widened his eyes in a momentarily display of surprise. He hadn't expected her to have allowed it so easily. The cabins seemed to have been separated by gender, so the expectation was to have met some rule inflexibility on this matter. Honestly, the teen had already planned to negotiate by offering to leave his luggage by her door only. Huh, guess this rules were a lot more malleable than he had anticipated...

"You have my gratitude.", Kendrick replied averting his gaze from her a split second, feeling uncomfortable, "I'll be owing you one."

An awkward feeling lingered for a while. He had done it again.
It was always 'gratitude' instead of 'thank you', and 'apologies' instead of 'I'm sorry'. There were times his innate politeness was improper for the occasion at hand, and this was one of those times. The fact those words were so hard to say for some mysterious reason, bothered him.
But then, the girl had attempted to introduce herself. The last name had being interrupted by a surprised exclamation at Ted's wave and it made the boy grin, feeling a bit of satisfaction.

Surely, the small reactions had to be the most amusing ones! Yes, he had some more religious servants burst into praying and panic before, assuming it was witchcraft or whatever. But those actually bored him and obviously, fixing the misunderstandings was quite a hassle afterwards. IF he stressed/had to of course. Having less people daring to enter his bedroom wasn't actually a problem, it was more of a... backwards solution.
While the girl remained silent, Kendrick waited for her to come back, wondering what she could be thinking about. At least it wasn't an expression of either fear, disgust or mockery, which was some progress.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm a super and yet I still get surprised by a lot of powers out there... They're just so out of reality sometimes, constantly putting my common sense to the test.", he shrugged, "Maybe one day I'll have seen so many odd things that nothing will surprise me anymore. Haven't reached that stage yet.", he concluded with a sympathetic smile, "Hey, I should tell you all about this one First-Aid class I attended to at 108 later today, now, that was the true definition of 'weird'. Bet you wouldn't even believe me!"

At Theodora's commentary, especially because of calling Manami a 'fishy scrap', Kendrick's expression went from 'I'm enjoying this exchange' to 'I can't believe I just heard that', having almost all emotion drained from his face. He would have given her an irritated glance when she crossed through them as well, but was way too tired of the music star's antics at this point to care.

"Since we can't help it... Better to stop wasting time then.", the teenager sighed in defeat, stopping closer to the cabins and motioning towards them with his suitcase, "So, which number of these is yours Miss?"

Last edited:

7b81be8cc6ba9138122127b4d6281a95.jpg
Chris Kravitz welian welian Syrenrei Syrenrei fly awaayyyyy from heeeerree... from this daaaaarrk cooooold hotel room... "... and the eeedginess that you fear... Whuh, fuck." Chris realized he had started to sing aloud and clapped a salty hand over his mouth.

He tuned back into his surroundings just in time to catch "You should come see me after you graduate,"

"... What..." Chris watched Luther make her way towards the cabins along with an increasing number of other AEGIS-goers, face frozen in disbelief and tentative horror. He glanced at the rest of the people still on the beach, summed up the situation, and shrugged. McNabb was ostriched in the sand, as was to be expected, but Tabitha was already on scene breaking his arms.

"Well, Morgan, if you need a hand with that, I can help... Uh, not killing yourself. Going to breakfast." He took a few steps in the direction of his classmates' consensus...

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

Location: Paradise Island - Harbor -> On the way to Main Hall
People Around: Tall girl, Mister Allen McNabb and Raymond -> Just Raymond

Tags: Transparent Transparent

--OOC: Just a small post to get this interaction moving again! (finally) --

I wonder what is in that building everyone is headed to...
Turning around to the the previous two, Cecilia waved in their direction to see if they noticed her presence. They didn't. It's true that the situation with Mister McNabb could be dire and probably delicate, BUT, how was she supposed to even offer assistance if the pair wouldn't even acknowledge her?

"Excuse me...?", she tried waving again to no avail.

Well, it wasn't like the girl would be able to do much anyway... Probably just stay alert and watchful while they waited for Urial to arrive. He couldn't be that far away by now, could he? Since she wasn't actually needed or even capable of helping, Cecilia, at last, decided to accompany Raymond.

Grabbing the handle of the backpack, that hadn't fallen like it's owner, the little Italian attempted to bring it along as she turned back to the boy. Maneuvering a wheeled object on top of lumpy sand hadn't been a good plan, asking of her more time and attention to perform the action.
Once that had been dealt with, Cecilia could finally concentrate solely on the path again. The new student, though moving slowly, had managed to open a gap equal to a ruler between the two teens:

"Ahh, wait for me! I'm coming too!", she let out running towards him, while pulling the backpack along with some difficulty.

Slowing down once she got closer, Cecilia started walking beside Raymond in a similar pace. The girl was glad her new friend wasn't an Italian as well, otherwise, the gap she had put between the two would have been strange. Nothing against the brown-haired boy himself, but Cecil didn't want to be too close of the cigarette's smoke and put her own health at risk. It wasn't as if she had to inhale it herself...

"Sorry, I'm late!", the girl laughed awkwardly, "I was wondering if they needed extra help, but seems like they can handle it themselves", she explained herself before an idea crossed her mind, "Hey! Since there's quite a walk to that big building in the background, why don't you tell me a little about yourself?! That way we get to know each other, more or less, while we go there... You, don't have to say anything you don't want to of course, I just thought that would be a friendly, quick and easy conversation topic! And you're new and such..."

"I can start it instead, if you're not comfortable with the idea of talking first. I don't mind it at all!"

Last edited:
Kate Barrett
JanusLives.png

Nearby: Fewer and fewer people... time for a private word with the captain.
Mood: Warm and relaxed, like a cat in a sunbeam
@s welian welian

Kate stretched a long languorous and luxurious stretch and unfolded herself from the deck chair. The sun this far south was intoxicating, and had her well past full charge, brimming over with energy. The students and teachers had disembarked, and she had let them go on ahead; she had other plans than attending breakfast. There was something about this whole outing that didn't smell right. Matron, as she called herself, had an interesting history. And that was just the parts that weren't classified. The degree to which her history was obscured from public review was... disturbing. There was something deeper going on here, and she planned to find out what it was. That process might eventually include a visit to the buffet table, but first a little uninvited poking around was in order.

With a brief but intense burst of light, she was catapulted up to the conning tower of the boat where she landed lightly beside the captain. Flashing him her most charming smile, she inquired:

"So... If a girl wanted an unofficial, unguided, tour of the island facilities...where might she start?"

webgl_uncanny_valley_head03.jpg
Allen McNabb Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Allen's head wobbled this way and that, like a bowling ball falling in the gutter of a lane. For a moment, it was still. Then his head popped out of the sand, tilting much more than ninety degrees and making a disturbing cracking sound.

"Glack." he said. Then Lazarus repaired his spine. "Ah!" Pleh pleugh plagkh pluh!"

He looked around, cheerily. "Hello again, everyone! HaHA!"

Manami Hamasaki
stingray.png

Manami went pounding down the beach from the cabins and up toward the main hall, shouting about bunkbeds all the way. She almost rushed pass an elderly woman outside the main hall, remembered her manners, and screeched to a halt, just shy of bowling the woman over. She bowed perfunctorily, told her about the bunkbeds, and then, acting on a subconscious directive she didn't understand, she added: "Skittles say hello to you, grandmother. Skittles is my friend now. He says he is so hungry."

She blinks, then takes off again bursting into the main hall. She shouts at the top of her gills:

"Everyone! Listen to me! We have.... ...food?"

"Mmmmm. Manami is so hungry too!"

Her mission forgotten, she makes her way over to the steam tables to load up a plate

thumb.jpg

Mood: Relaxed
@s: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
Raymond took one last drag on his cigarette before he froze the cherry and flicked it off into the distance. After a long slow exhale Raymond turned to glance at Cecilia as she caught up, giving her his attention as she spoke. "Well it's not that I'd be uncomfortable starting, just that I'm not sure where to begin. Anything you'd like to know specifically?" Raymond asked.

Raymond's gaze turned to the building as he waited for a response, taking in the details all the way down to the blend of wooden and stone architecture. It was a well made structure and Raymond was all the more curious about it's depths as they neared. His eyes were drawn to a figure standing at the doors of the building where a few other students might have reached by now. Raymond strained but wasn't able to make out much more than a general size and her white hair yet.

Raymond directed his gaze back to Cecilia for her response.

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

People Around: Raymond

Tags: Transparent Transparent

--OOC: ((Manami helps out without knowing!)) --

*looking forward to breakfast*
Suddenly stopping in surprise of Raymond's question, Cecilia blinked twice before following him again, scratching her head with an awkward laugh:

"Uhhh, you got me. I don't...actually have anything planned.. And I don't think saying 'whatever comes to you mind' will help, will it?", she averted her gaze from him, feeling a little embarrassed, "S-sorry, I normally just say anything. Usually starts with my name and then Italy! But. I guess that isn't as easy for other people as it for me..."

The girl grew silent, feeling bad for forgetting such an important detail and struggling to find a way to salvage this interaction. Crestfallen, she merely glanced up to the building, which she still wasn't sure of the reason they were going towards. Cecilia felt lost, even though she was not. A sense of not-belonging crept up upon her and she didn't like it.
Granted, it had been a common thing for years, specially since she wasn't from America and still confused by some of their habits. But ever since AEGIS, it hadn't been as strong. True, there were all kinds of problems and harsh times, but at the end, she always felt extremely glad to have moved to Baltimore after all. The Italian's shoulders tensed and she held her hands together, still walking in silence. No, she hated feeling like this. She had to do something...!

"Everyone! Listen to me! We have.... ...food?"

Someone else's excitement instantly caused Cecilia burst out giggling softly. They weren't even that close to the building yet and even so, that faint cheerful voice had managed to reach them! Talk about excitement!! The Italian agreed though, food was so precious and delicious, it was certainly, ALWAYS a very good reason for hype! Oh, wait. Does this mean there's breakfast inside the building?!
Having been taken out of her silent mopping and back at a more cheerful mood, the girl managed to figure out something she could say to Raymond after all:

"Well, If you can't think of anything, just let me know. I already said I don't mind starting and I would hate to force you to do anything. But, again, you can expect me to talk about Italy...Probably.", she laughed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back