• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
full
When they were dismissed, Jasper gave a slight tug on Xaira's hand, and nodded to the door when the dragoness glanced at him. It looked like Xaira wanted to ask what was going on, but Jasper smiled crookedly at her and shook his head, remaining quiet until they were out of the building. Then he took Xaira's hand and led her to one of the walking paths that crisscrossed the compound.

"We haven't had nearly long enough together," he said. "And I thought we'd have more time before we had to have this talk. We're about to head into a hostile environment, and we can't go in there as friends, lovers, whatever we're calling ourselves. Once we leave this compound, it's mission faces only. I can't worry about you, and you can't worry about me. Mission first."

Jasper sighed, seeing the confusion on Xaira's face. She was so new, and this relationship was new and fragile. He hoped it survived.

"Look," he said, his voice holding an old pain that he never been able to shake. "When I was a rookie agent, I fell in love... at least I thought I did at the time. Our team went on a simple artifact retrieval mission, six of us. Cakewalk, right? We got ambushed by a dark coven and Kala got pinned down covering our retreat. She told us to run, that she had a plan. My head said run, my heart said run back. I listened to my heart. Kala was working a spell when she saw me running for her position, and she saw the levin-bolt I didn't. She jumped in front of it."

Jasper paused, his voice cracking slightly. After a few deep breaths he continued.

"I sliced the witch who threw that bolt in half, but it was too late, the damage was fatal. The irony of this story is that the fading signature told me she was casting a teleport. If I hadn't come back, she'd have made it out. The rest of the team got ambushed on the way out, and without my backup, took casualties. Three of us came home. Fifty percent loss rate, but we got the artifact."

Jasper reached out, taking Xaira's hands in his before he spoke again.

"I care for you Xaira. It might even be love. But on the mission, you're a fellow agent. Period. I, couldn't live with myself if caring for you got you killed. I did that once, never again. But, I'd like to do something, something for us, so we'd know the others alright. I want to create a temporary blood bond between us. I'd need a drop of your blood to set the spell..."

Before Jasper could finish his sentence, Xaira had pricked her palm with a talon, causing a drop off bright red blood to well up. Jasper cradled the hand, then dipped his finger into the blood. He released Xaira's hand, and opened his shirt, writing a complex rune with her blood over his heart. The rune flashed, then faded into his skin, and he turned to Xaira to find her holding her shirt away from her body.

"Not the way I wanted this to go," he said, pricking his finger, then drawing the same rune over Xaira's heart. He was careful to keep his hand away from her, endowments as he drew. This rune also flashed, then sank into Xaira's chest. As it did so, they both became aware of a comfortable warmth where the runes had been, along with a certainty that the other was alive.

"As long as you feel the warmth, I live, " Jasper said. "It will only last about a month, but it's the best I can do on such short notice. Now, it'll take me an hour to settle my gear. If I haven't driven you away with my doom and gloom, the other two hours are yours."
DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Calliea didn't speak for the whole time that the mission was being told. She was too excited. It was a fucking mission as they get to fight a bunch of unknown monsters and things. This was the best damn mission ever. And they were fighting without support. Calliea was in heaven.

It didn't matter that it was probably the most dangerous of missions that she'll probably be on but for once she will be able to actually fight...as in fight without care. A means of survival. Ok, she was a bit crazy. Her body was still healing from the last mission but it was just scar tissue.

Calliea went into her room, packing. She didn't really have that much of a friendship with the other agents. Mara...was just a person she respected. And she would have her back if need be. She packed her things. Making sure to full up on arrows. She then went back to the room where everyone else was and waited. She sat down and started to meditate. Anyone could disturb her. She would be annoyed but anyone could disturb her if they wished to be. She hoped not.

Sang ID.pngSang was not amused by the fact that the half-demon didn't even know her name nor the simplification of her name into "Red Red", especially by some half-conscious drunk that had somehow earned a place in the organisation. "Did you go deaf when someone shattered that disgraced stump of a horn you got there, demon? My name is Sang, and I'll happily engrave it into your arm if you call me 'Red Red' again." the demoness princess spat onto the table, her annoyance audible through the harsh tone of her normally formal voice as she gripped the edges of the table. As one of the few things she had left, being her name, was made a mockery of, the wood itself trembled slightly as it suffered the pressure of her sharp talons digging into the material, releasing a soft groan of agitation as the cut-down tree simply took the abuse.

Sanguine wanted to leap over the table and shatter the other horn, or make threats about doing such, but she doubted that her superiors would take kindly to it, so she simply had to deal with the situation by simmering in her anger while furiously glaring. Although she had to wonder if in-fighting was allowed. It had had been commonplace in the demon clans from what she knew, at least from her own, although admittedly, the reds had always had a bit of a macho and hot-tempered trait between them all. She'd brawled with her brothers a few times, earned scratches and given them out, all normal to her, and to think that the humans and other races didn't seem to hold such a thing in such high-regard. as commonplace was very foreign.

The suggestion of leaving for making preparations was a welcomed one as Sanguine of the Reds stormed to the door before looking back at the bedraggled young human and simply scowled at him. "I'll be in the bar." the words went as she disappeared through the door. She didn't need to prepare anything aside from food, and planned on doing such given that the only weapon she needed was her own hands and the sharp talons they held.

Passing by the elf she recognised from their last mission, Sang said nothing and simply brushed past them before heading to the forespoken drinking area.

She didn't drink alcohol, but she certainly wouldn't say no to some water right about now. Even thinking about all the obscenities she wanted to scream at her 'teammates' was making her throat dry thinking about it.

Heading to her room first, she picked up and filled a small black bag with food, not exactly requiring anything else as she went to her last destination, sat down at the counter, ordered a glass of water and took gentle sips from the container while occasionally giving it a sharp squeeze as she slowly relieved herself of the tension in her muscles.
Interaction: DapperCat DapperCat Birdsie Birdsie mentioned: r e i r e i Xemanorth Xemanorth

Last edited:
Donald takes Sang's hissing at him in his stride, seemingly undisturbed by both her tone and direct words, meeting her eyes without much of anything but simple politeness and genuine calm. "I don't speak to lecture you nor do I think you rash, princess of hellfire. I speak to advise you. For all your impatience and desire to see this done, we wish the same." He inclines his head to her, once again, utterly polite and blunt.

Red Red.

With the meeting over, and the mission due to start in three hours,the Ichthyo's mind had begun to wander elsewhere, considering what might be best to take with on the mission... when this shining jewel of a nickname was dropped into his lap. He turns his head to the sight of the demon, Qerres, cracking up. Her cheeks blowing out not unlike a small but rotund pufferfish in sheer amusement, the Sapien looks to her with interest, with faint curiosity as her laughter rings out loudly in the room. Donald's head tilts to the side, lips twitching for a brief moment. Laughter... is a beautiful sound on the surface world, the Dry Kingdom. Or... would it be in Hell, where she is from? Does the half-breed male laugh as bright? Does everyone? So many questions...

Sanguine's reaction, however, quickly kills any sense of friendly bantering for the water-born male, eyes turning to his own table as he thinks to himself quietly. Eyes closing as he pushes himself to stand with a faint smile tugging at his thin lips, he looks to the side as the poker-faced Kirill continues his questions, and Red Red gets all huffy about her new nickname. For a moment, his eyes follow the magician and his mate as they leave, hand in hand, but they don't hold his attention for long. He heads on out himself, rubbing at his chin in thought. He looks to those he knows thus far; Qerres, Kirill, Aquielle and Caddigan, offering a firm nod. "See you all soon." He'd say after a moment, firm, quiet, and polite before he walks out.

He misses the sight of Calliea and her evident excitement for the coming mission, so wrapped up in his thought as he walks out of the room, still scratching at his chin as he goes. For the short few minutes he paces around the corridors in thought, he'd find himself in the bar area as his final destination. Looking up, finally, he'd easily recognise the sour demon, by her colour alone, if not by the metaphorical storm-cloud that hovers over her. Moving to the counter, Donald quite simply sets about filling a large glass up with just water, it seems; not much of a drinker either.

Taking a seat, the man would remain silent for exactly five seconds before he'd end up turning his hidden eyes onto Sanguine of the Red. "I apologies for making you feel uncomfortable earlier. It was not my intention. I simply meant to indicate that, if you'd prefer not to face against any blue demons we encounter, if we encounter any, that others would be more then content to assist you with it." Taking a swift sip of his water, he runs a hand through his short deep grey hair, taking a slow breath.

"I am... unfamiliar with you, with your past, and with this team. I mean not to pry," he states, quick to ensure she understands that much, at least. "But to know you, and the others, to some manner."

( DapperCat DapperCat Xemanorth Xemanorth VioletShadow VioletShadow baddervibes baddervibes > Meeting Room Noble Scion Noble Scion > At the Bar )

Donald Sapien ID.png

Brass was too busy in his mind to see some the events unfold around him. His distraction was a mix of remembering his nostalgic past with his pack in the European country side and that this next mission is going to be his new pack all racing to the end. With his head in the clouds and his vision in the tunnel, he makes his way to the room to grab his largest duffel bag. From the barracks he sees the elf woman he has seen around but has never spoken with. She looks like shes napping before the mission, this was a good idea to brass but he needs to pack his precious goods for this trip. He tip toes going past her and whispers lightly "rest good".

Once in the kitchen he opens one of the cabinets and reaches far back into it and begins to pull hand fulls of packaged beef jerky. On his first few days after the mission he discovered the glory and perfection of beef jerky. He began to stockpile them until the next mission, hes had every single jerky available sold here. He fills about half of his bag before realizing that he doesn't have any water. He needs a bowl due to animals with snouts can only use their tongues to drink water. He makes his way back to his room with all his packaged jerky making plastic crunching noises. So excited he forgets about the elf and casually walks by her with all the plastic crinkling in his bag.

At his bed he finds his large bowl and makes his way to the bar to get as many water bottles as possible. Brass can over heat so he needs a large supply of water or just not push himself. Though, he thinks this is a long race still, he decides he needs alot of water.
Once at the bar he walks up to the bar tender with his bag wide open showing his large piles of jerky and his water bowl. "water police" he dose his best to smile but it looks like he is about to sneeze on the worker.

( r e i r e i ) Brass_Ruud (1).png rs=w_600,h_600.jpg (duffel bag)

As Jasper tugged on her arm the moment the briefing had ended, she met the mage’s eyes with a look of mixed confusion and deep concern, the urgency conveyed in his actions and his head-shake in response to her visual que to explain himself quite worrying indeed. Still, the Dragoness found no further hesitation within herself as she left the premises with him at a pace that nearly ended up in her dragging him rather than the current arrangement which was the other way around. They did manage to get outside with Jasper still in the lead once Xaira noticed her nervous increase in pace, however, Xaira ensuring to nod, smile and wave with her free hand at those agents she passed, mentally wishing them all well. Whilst she was indeed doing her best to be a friendly fellow agent, the effort was put forth in part to keep her mind off her concern as to why Jasper so urgently, without explaining why, drug her out here.

Her mind was coming up with a lot of rather scary possibilities, some of which were thankfully unrealistically cruel of him or downright unfathomable, though other possible serious topics that swirled within her mind came closer to the issue Jasper was about to bring up, the Dragoness soon found. The moment that he’d begun to talk, the Dragoness found her gaze meandering down toward the sidewalk. She felt she sort of understood where we was coming from, adn despite his blunt tone, it was clear that we wasn’t looking to call of their relationship or anything of the sort. How could she not worry about him, just like that? She couldn’t fathom it right now, especially regarding the great danger that they had been quite thoroughly warned of. Surely he knew she couldn’t keep a promise like that even if he could, she’d thought.

But then, his “Look,” one word with a tone that carried a deep pain beneath the surface that was nearly palpable to the dragoness, cut through the silence hanging in the air between them and the doubts in her head, setting the tone for his recounting of an old loss. Xaira squeezed his hand as she listened, both enraptured and saddened by every word, closer with each utterance to understanding why he’d begun this conversation, as difficult as it clearly was for him. The message was clear as the sky on a cloudless day, though indirectly spoken. He was afraid of losing her in a similar way. Her chest throbbed with a mixture of affectionate warmth and empathetic pain as she squeezed his hand a bit tighter, the Dragoness rendered utterly speechless before his vulnerability.

Her hand began to shake as she then began to dread if something happened to him on this mission, or to her. She would do her best to put the mission first, especially since his story harkened back to Xaira’s hesitance in the last mission to help the others until he had reassured her he would make it. Her hesitance could’ve caused the same tragedy to happen to him, though reversed, she realized, not to mention all the other lives she was putting in danger back there in the Mer ruins, which she was certainly aware of. Thankfully, as if sensing her worries and seeking to comfort her, Jasper then grabbed her other hand and she found herself staring into his eyes, tears welling in them from the sheer emotion of all this, the sorrowful and affectionate look in her eyes conveying what she could not with words. She wished she could spare him the pain of losing Kala, but he’d made it clear that all she could do for him, especially within Pandora’s was ensure to her best ability that he didn’t lose her too.

The solemn silence broken, Xaira’s Agreement to Jasper’s proposed solution was instantaneous the moment he said it would reassure her, and him, that the other was still kicking, his explanation that it would require a sample of her blood not deterring her at all. It sounded like exactly what they needed to carry through with this, and for everyone’s sake, she knew it was necessary to do so. The careful prick of her finger certainly hurt a little, but there was very little hesitation beforehand, and the pain seemed to melt away in the warmth of Jasper’s hand against the bare skin just over her heart, which found itself beating harder on contact, not to mention the thoughts that swirled about her mind as Jasper went about his work regarding his hands going elsewhere. She blushed slightly until he removed it.

“Not sure why you thought it’d be hard to convince me to do this. I think you’ll find that if you offer me a way to keep you close to my heart, literally in this case, I’m going to take it… especially now, because as hard as it’ll be for me, I know it’s best for everyone if we both take a mission first approach to things. Plus, knowing what you’ve been through now, I... want to make damn sure you don’t have to go through something like that ever again. I… just hope I don’t have to either.” With that, she gave him a sudden, short, but very affectionate hug, the tears welling in her eyes beginning to spill over, just a little. Pulling away and wiping the tears from her flushed cheeks, she found herself smiling despite the deep uncertainty and raw emotion hanging in the air. Thankfully, her speechlessness subsided with Jasper’s next few words, especially as he mentioned that there might even be real love between them.

“Listen, JT...I know it’s probably too early to really tell, but… I’m pretty damn sure I love you. I’ve never felt the same way for anyone else. I… felt like it had to be said now… after all, either of us could…” Shaking her head as if to wrench the thought free of her brain, she then leaned in and gave him a kiss. “Anyway, don’t think something like this is going to get rid of me, ever. Go get changed, We’ll meet back here, near that tree,” she said, pointing to the nearby tree she spoke of. “Just a fair warning, though… I’m going to cuddle with you until it’s time to go and I will not let go for even a second.”

Smiling again, just a little, though there was a distinct sense of nerves to this expression, she kissed him again before heading off to prepare herself, and as soon as she’d packed all she needed, she all but sprinted, gliding every few feet just make it there faster, back toward that tree, gear in tow, waiting for Jasper’s return.
Tarmagon Tarmagon

Last edited:
Into the Box
( r e i r e i Tarmagon Tarmagon DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Epiphany Epiphany Noble Scion Noble Scion Birdsie Birdsie baddervibes baddervibes Thatguynameded Thatguynameded VioletShadow VioletShadow DapperCat DapperCat Xemanorth Xemanorth Myriad Myriad )
(I want to give you guys a chance to go through what happened in this post before jumping into the Ambassador talking to everyone.)
tristan_valvon-png.559517
elora_tamsen-png.559209
The hours quickly passed and the time the agents were given to self-prepare were up. They were expected to re-group in the armory to meet their team leaders and be informed which teams they were on. The armory was more secured than normal, perhaps it was because Caddigan was present and had a habit of being too handsy when it came to taken SMITED property. Whatever the reason, the amount of security was currently doubled.

At the center of the open main floor of the armory Tristen and Elora stood facing each other, whispering lowly until the first few agents trickled in. Tristan had been on a mission that branched off with some of these agents, so he was a bit familiar with them. Elora was unknown to them as this was her first time meeting this particular set of agents. Elora nodded to Tristan and the two ended their conversation and stood side-by-side to face the agents.

"Well then, some of you may know of me. I'm Agent Valvon and this is Agent Tamsen. We will be in two teams and upon entering the box will take separate paths and working out way through the labyrinth once we enter. I'm sure you all know the gravity of this mission, but you can only be so prepared. I will repeat some information that you have already been informed of. There will be no outside support. There will be no backup coming. There will be no extraction. We go in there and the only way any of us get out is to finish the game and get this offering to Pandora." Tristan motions a hand and one of the personnel who was holding a small chest approached him. Tristan opens it to reveal vibrant green crystals inside.

crystals.jpg

The crystals were the size of a marble and seemed to pulse with energy. "I'll be honest here and say this is going to be a royal pain of a mission that you'll likely never forget. It's the most dangerous game of capture the flag you'll ever play. The seed in these are likely to attract trouble, they are small and can be easily lost, and if we don't get at least one to Pandora... well, I'm sure you already know that part as well. Now then!" Tristan snaps the chest closed, seemingly chipper for being sent into a deadly game.

"Before we let you have fun in this armory these are the teams. If I call your name you will be on my team; Jasper ( Tarmagon Tarmagon ), Brass ( Thatguynameded Thatguynameded ), Sanguine ( Noble Scion Noble Scion ), Aqueille ( VioletShadow VioletShadow ), Kirill ( Xemanorth Xemanorth ), and Calliea ( r e i r e i ). Teams are non-negotiable. This is also your last chance to grab items of offense and defense."

With that Tristan nodded his head to Elora. "While it is obvious who isn't on Tristan's team, to make sure there is no confusion, if I call your name you will be on my team for this mission. Xaira ( DergTheDergon DergTheDergon ), Donald ( Myriad Myriad ), Qerres ( DapperCat DapperCat ), Barney ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Caddigan ( baddervibes baddervibes ), Maia ( Epiphany Epiphany who will appear later). As Tristan has already mentioned, this is your last chance to prepare."

The agents were given only fifteen minutes to take any guns, bullets, kevlar, and so forth from the armory. Tristan let out a loud whistle to regain the attention of everyone and tapped at an odd watch on his wrist. "That's it folks, we're going to the box now. Get your shit and let's go!" He would lead them out, Elora coming up the rear to make sure no one got cold feet and tried to go AWOL, taking them to an open field on the HQ grounds. The box was resting on a stone pedestal; rattling and quivering noisily. Diana, Talora, and Taionia were present and waiting for them within a magic circle that surrounded the pedestal. In Diana's hands was a chest similar to that of what had held the crystals that had been shown to them in the armory.

Diana stepped up as Tristan barked orders for the agents to file a single line to get their offering. The crystals were warm to the touch, feeling almost comforting as it pulsed. "Secure these on your person well. The other teams have already entered the box, you are the last. You will be greeted by Pandora's Ambassador who will explain this year's challenge. Do not attack the Ambassador, they will not attack unless you do first under the game's rules."

With the last crystal given, Diana closed the box and motioned for the agents to step into the circle. Talora, Diana, and Taionia step out of the circle and give Tristan a nod. He sighs and shakes he body like a runner getting ready to compete; he knocks on the box much like one would do to enter some secret club and the box stops shuddering for a moment, the lid creaking ever so slightly as it cracks open...

And then they were inside...

It was dark and if it wasn't for the two torches on the wall behind them where they had been put would have been pitch black. It seemed like a closed off room with no openings, no open ceiling; just hard, black, solid stone walls. At least at first, then a wall quivered, moved, and the Ambassador appeared.

ambassador.jpg

"Welcome."

qerres-png.559320

addresses: Thatguynameded Thatguynameded

music:
Bangarang

code by Fable Fable

After laughing her way out of the quickly escalating meeting room, she immediately went for her bunk bed. Poor Red Red had just earned herself a new nickname. Though it was hilarious on the outside to Qerres, from within, she couldn't care less. Though she knew what it was like to receive a name unfitting for you, or unwanted, it wasn't something that drew emotion from her anymore. Like many things.

She rubbed a palm over her face before pouring the remainder of her alcohol into the flask she'd bring. The flask barely filled up. Her brows knit together in worry, letting the thoughts of all that could go wrong swirl through her mind. She could predict them, after all, it wouldn't be her first time. For a moment her mind went to even darker places, when her alcoholism had reached even higher peaks, and its cause. The burly woman shook her head. She zipped her duffel-bag up, only filled with the filled flask, a small medkit, a few bottles of water and a few sandwiches.

Her feet carried her to the bar before she even realized. She had the duffel-bag loosely hanging off of her broad shoulder, taking a seat a bit away from the other three present. Not out of anti-social habits, but because she wanted to keep most of her chugging to herself. She didn't want to be ratted out. She continued to slam shot after shot, glass after glass, back with a little 'whoeh' and a pleased grin on her lips. Best get drunk now, perhaps it would last her a bit, so she wouldn't have to feel the withdrawal for just a little longer. She knew she was considered a 'functioning' alcoholic, quite formidable in battle when under the influence. Definitely in a far better state than when without.

As an hour or two passed, she slammed the last glass down and gave a wink and wave to the bartender. With an incessant hiccup trailing her, she began to wobble out of the bar. Now to pull the act together. She took a few slow breaths, putting her all into evening out her steps and posture. She'd never pass as sober, but she could pass as tipsy. She just had to put a lot of her effort into portraying herself as something she wasn't. Her forte.

Glancing shortly at the clock hanging askew on a white wall, she hastened her pace. She'd still be in time. Calming her breath, she stepped into group. A large demon male was explaining to the group about the gift to Pandora. She listened to the team-divide, scanning her team-mates up and down in silence. She reeked of alcohol, but she only looked to be tipsy. But in reality, her head was swimming. So she was with the dragon, fish, boy, joker and the woman with snakes crawling around her head. Great. It didn't seem like there was a lot of brawn outside of herself and the dragon. But she also knew looks could deceive. Nonetheless, once they entered the armory she decided to not take chances.

Though she did take the time to eye Tristan up and down. She sent him a wink before fully focusing on the arms in the room. She packed a small pistol, loading it up and putting the safety on. She put it on a holster on her hip, before grabbing a set of brass knuckles with a pleased grin to her features. This should do the trick. Once the Demon called for all of them to move on, she followed him with a little stare at his rear. What's wrong with you?, she thought to herself. After all, flirting was her persona- cravings of the flesh were mostly absent in her. Someone had told her once, that she was a 'Demisexual', whatever that meant. She scratched her jawline- it was probably the alcohol. Sometimes it happened.

Her eyes went to the light coming from outside, pacing to the field as she eyed the box a bit further away. Forming a line, they each awaited to receive one of the small green gems. If each got one, and only one had to make it, perhaps this was easier than she first anticipated? She made sure to tuck the gem in the cup of her bra, securing it into the pocket where padding was inserted. With a bit of a shuffle, she corrected her simple bra again as she stepped into the circle. There was no hesitation to her, just a little hiccup that popped up again. She listened in silence to the explanation about the Ambassador, simply nodding as her eyes traveled to the box.

Knock knock.

'Who's there?' Qerres would have drunkenly answered, but instead as soon as she saw the lid crack open, her head began to spin. She felt the wrath of the alcohol she'd downed swiftly rise up in her throat, wobbling a little before she opened her eyes again. Her vision was hazy. Fluttering her short lashes, she tried to find one of the walls with her palm, leaning against it as she tried to keep her vomit down.

"I-... hr- one... bw-...moment--..."

She raised herself up as soon as she heard a 'Welcome' resound through the area. Shit, that magical traveling stuff always made her sick. She forced her dark gaze onto the person that had now appeared, doing her best to give her full focus and attention. The woman, aside from her brass knuckles, was donned in a simple set of beige cargo pants and a black tank-top. A simple old black leather jacket was hung over her shoulders, half-askew after the travel through space and time.

Last edited:
Tail wagging the entire time, hes been a little restless to start the game. The stone was small enough to fit into his vest near his knife, Something he had completely forgotten about until now. His ears perked up when he herd game and play. He began to shift a little with the excitement to start already, he hasn't had a proper hunt or race in weeks and this was his best chance.

They began to announce teams and this was the thing he was excited for the most. This would help him get along better with his teammates. When two members of the pack fought they would be sent out together from the morning twilight till the late day dusk. This would force the two to work as a team and learn to respect each other in order to survive the wild together. This would help brass get closer to his team and learn about them. Names where called for the team with the devil man team leader.

Jasper was called first, brass had seen him around the track with the dragon woman. He knows their names but he would prefer to call them by something else. Then he got worried, the dragon woman can blow fire out of her mouth. Then brass's name was called out and had lost his train of thought to focus on who was his team. Sanguine was called after him, Brass remembers red woman from the first mission. He had helped her after her leg injury and escaped with her on his back. She seems distant so this would be a good time for brass to bound with someone who can fight like him. Aqueilli was called next, brass was still unsure if his stomach felt different cause of the meat, or her. Krill was called, Brass didn't know much about him aside from his name and his face, another opportunity for brass. Then last but not least the elf woman he had seen sleeping in her room. Calliea was her name, she seemed quite to brass which made him think she might be an elder full of magic and knowledge.

As the other team was announced he was happy and sad to hear that the dragon woman was not on his team so he didn't have to worry about fire but also sad cause his friend Q was on the other team. She smelled like something his pack used to clean cuts and scratches when licking wasn't enough. Once brass and the team got their stones he shoves it into a small tight pocket in his vest. The box was opened to the teams and suddenly he was in a different room. He was ready, a pale person appeared out of the wall and brass was showing obvious signs of excitement now. "hello" was all brass could respond with and made the same attempt at smiling but this time it looked like he was trying to open his mouth without opening his jaw.

Mentions ( Tarmagon Tarmagon Noble Scion Noble Scion VioletShadow VioletShadow Xemanorth Xemanorth r e i r e i DergTheDergon DergTheDergon DapperCat DapperCat ) Brass_Ruud (1).png

kirill-png.556866

Kirill merely shook his head, completely lost in the conversation. Given that the briefing was over, he decided to make use of his time and prepare. His first destination was the barracks where he proceeded to eat a hearty meal before laying down in his bed for a short nap, making full well sure that all his batteries were charged and needs tended to before he changed into the SMITED uniform.

Knocking back a drink or two at the bar was a tempting prospect, but one Kirill forced himself to disregard for the moment as he instead made his way into the armory, familiarizing himself with the variety of options available. He'd never held a gun in his hand prior to this and he was taken aback by the fact that the pistol was much heavier than it appeared.

The half-demon stood there a lengthy while, weighing his options only to end up setting the pistol back into its rightful position back on the display he'd recovered it from. The gravity of the task set before him did not escape his mind, far from it. It acted as all the more reason, for him, to stick to what he knew best. When push came to shove and worse to worst, he'd rather rely on what he was good at. No backup, no tricks or gimmicks, just pure strength and skill.

Something did end up catching his eye though, humble weapons if one could even call them that. A pair of fingerless kevlar weighted-knuckle gloves and a pair of steel toe combat boots to go along with them. Both would serve as protection for his weapons of choice, as well as to add some further mass and impact to his attacks.

Further, all he cared to protect himself with was body armor in the form of a thick, kevlar vest as well as some knee and elbow pads. The half-demon then went onto fill his backpack, tossing in a first aid kit, multiple water canteens, as well as some rations. They'd last him a while, whether it was for long enough was yet to be seen. The important part to him was, he was still able to move somewhat comfortably and perhaps even fight while carrying his supplies with.

Kirill eyed himself over in the mirror one final time, checking for any loose straps that might need tightening before nodding at his reflection. He was ready. His gaze finally fell down to his gloved hands, they felt shaky, coated in a thin layer of cold sweat. He was nervous, well, terrified frankly. This all felt far, far above his paygrade and death seemed like a very real, if not likely outcome.

He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, steeling himself. The man's hands rose up in front of his chest and his eyes snapped open as he drove the knuckles of one into the open palm of the other with a heavy thud. "Time to kick some ass!" Kirill proclaimed, loud and proud, his voice echoing throughout the armory. Right on time too, as the order to gather round sounded.

The half-demon took note of his teammates, as well as team leader, fired up and ready to go. Kirill's burly figured bounced up and down on the mounds of his toes as he shook his body out, limbering himself up and further preparing for the trial to come... and then came the darkness. He did not react to the welcome that followed and only proceeded to impatiently wait, and listen as his voice continually rang throughout his mind.

Come hell or high water, he'd face it head on and fight tooth and nail. Not just to survive. Not just for the sake of fighting either. There was but one thing on his mind now and that was to play this game... and win.

Location: Pandora's Box| Interactions: DergTheDergon DergTheDergon DapperCat DapperCat Myriad Myriad Birdsie Birdsie |Mentions: Fable Fable

Caddy, excited upon hearing talk of drinking, was quick to get up as the meeting ended. Before he was able to run after the rest of the group, however, he was swiftly escorted in the opposite direction. Two SMITED agents had picked him up by the arms and were currently walking him towards the direction of the infirmary.
"Oooh," Caddy said aloud, not getting much of reaction out of his two escorts.
"This is about my emergency blood."
Caddy, as he has been briefed many a time, was to be given one large canteen full of blood for every mission. He was never told whose blood it was or what kind of blood it was or where SMITED had even gotten it, but was only given one very specific instruction: to only use it as a final effort. He knew full well not to go against those orders.

Upon reaching the infirmary, one agent slid in to procure the canteen. The unfortunate other was left to babysit the 200 year-old being outside.
"You know, the nurse got me mighty wet the last time I was here." Caddy laughed in hopes of sparking conversation.
"I know," the agent responded.
"That's why you're not allowed inside."
This would be where the conversation ended.

Their trip took a lot longer than Caddigan had expected. He tried starting up a conversation a few more times, but was ultimately given silence in return. An hour went by, then two, and then three. The dhampir was getting antsy. Pandora's death maze sounded like Mardi Gras at this point.
"I wonder if the boredom will do me in before the deranged centaur..." Caddy mumbled to nobody in particular.
"One can only hope, Agent Pryce" said the agent, flipping nonchalantly through a novel they were smart enough to bring along.
Now the motherfucker wanted to talk. Caddy would have snapped back if the other agent hadn't returned: covered in a dark red residue and shakily handing the dhampir his canteen. Without another word, Caddy was drawn up by the arms again and led down hall after hall until they arrived at the forbidden place: the armory. Caddigan's lips curled up in a toothy smile and his gums started to tingle: he wasn't allowed in the armory.

He had arrived just in time to hear Tristan and Elora announce teams. Nodding to himself, Caddy repeats his team members under his breath as his eyes found them throughout the room:
"Smaug, Shape of Water, Whiskey-Bourbon, Anaconda, and...who the fuck?" Another new guy? Like Caddy wasn't already behind on nicknames. Was "Barney" even at the briefing? Caddy didn't think he saw him there? When did this fucker even get here? He opens his mouth, starts to ask this very question, but stops at Tristan's announcement. 15 minutes? In the armory? He can touch things? Pick them up? Bring them along? Stab? Shoot? Slice?
"This is like Chopped," Caddy laughed, sifting through piles of ammunition "but with guns."

Eventually Caddy was set and had joined the others (an agent had to drag him forcefully out) as Tristan made the final call. He slipped on a kevlar, heavier than he thought it would have been, and packed the essentials: two semi-automatics, extra crossbow bolts, as much ammunition as his hands could grab, and a machete he had been eyeing since he had first came to SMITED.

Caddy tucked his stone deep into a secured pocket and gave it a protective pat. He didn't really get this magic shit, but iwhatever the scary lady inside the box wanted. He took a cautious step into the circle, somewhere in between Xaira and Donald, and squeezed his eyes shut. Transportation runes always made his guts feel like they were gonna spill out of his mouth. Surprisingly, however, Caddy barely felt a thing. Tristan knocked, the box creaked, and they were suddenly inside.
"Ha, hey." He chuckled, about to turn his head to whoever was next to him.
"That wasn't so baaa...d." He drawled, paused, and ended his previous thought as looked up towards the massive form of black in front of him. A stark white figure peels itself from the darkness, gliding into view, and Caddy already fucking hates it. This was probably going to suck...

...in a fun way.

Last edited:
Sang ID.pngFinishing off her drink and turning to the fish-folk, Sang simply let out a low growl while baring her teeth, indicating that she was most certainly not in the mood for chatting, especially about her past. "After this mission, if we're alive, and if I'm not feeling like murdering one of the morons on that room, I'll chat with you, Fish. Until then, I'm gonna seethe and think about punching the lights out of the drunk and prepare myself for the battles ahead." she scowled sternly while standing up before making her way to her room and waiting out the rest of the time until the request for the agents to regroup at the armoury, which she complied with, adorning herself in the black dress she'd come to enjoy so much, yet now adorned with a pair of dark stockings on her legs, concealing the scarred skin from the vicious beasts of her first mission.

Sang remained quiet as the teams were announced, but was pleased to say that the teams had at least put her away from the other insufferable red demon in their little parties, choosing instead to enjoy that the wolf was on her team, and he'd saved her life on their last mission, meaning that he was someone she could at least give some respect, even if he was a little.. Child-like in his mannerisms.

The half-demon didn't know her, and she supposed she should feel insulted, but some part of her was rather relieved that she wouldn't be mocked every five seconds for her past.

The elf was in the same boat, Sang knew little of her, despite them both being in the last mission, given that she'd been in the other group during it and had spent the majority of the latter part of the mission unconscious.

The kelpiekin she remembered from the infirmary, but much like the half-demon and the elf, they weren't exactly on speaking-terms, not that she cared to try. Being on her own was something she'd grown accustomed to, and making friends wasn't something she was very good at.

Jasper, however, was one she did know, and although it was somewhat cruel of her, the idea of Xaira and him being split up gave her a small malicious smile. Perhaps she was a little sadistic, perhaps she was jealous, and perhaps it was even because she still had a hatred of magic and those that practised it. Even she was unsure of why.

Red Red did not like the gem at all when being given it. Green was of the colours that she did not like, and this thing was quite clearly green, she also did not like giving other people things that they might like, especially those she didn't know, primarily because of her upbringing. She simply shoved the gem into a barely-visible tight-fitting pocket in her bag and put it out of her mind.

As they entered the box, Sang was met with the strangest sight of someone phasing through the wall, and quite clearly not of their party. No doubt magic was the cause, and needless to say, as most things did, Sang was put into a sour mood as usual.

She didn't feel compelled to say anything, and didn't want to go against the clear orders that they were to not attack the "ambassador", which this person was assumed to be. "Better not try anything before this starts.." she grumbled to herself, and watched for what would happen next.
Myriad Myriad Fable Fable Xemanorth Xemanorth Thatguynameded Thatguynameded Tarmagon Tarmagon VioletShadow VioletShadow

Last edited:
full
Jasper smiled as Xaira spoke then headed off to secure her gear. She understood. It wouldn't be easy on them by a long shot, but she understood, and understanding hadn't driven her away. Life was good, even with the specter of entering a pocket dimension to face unknown and unknowable hordes of 'what the fuck is that thing' for some twisted ancient's pleasure couldn't completely overshadow his happiness. They'd survive, somehow.

Jasper trotted back to the barracks to retrieve the body armor he hadn't been able to use during the last mission. Black Kevlar armor, the standard issue for SMITED, had been modified slightly over the course of Jasper's career, now sporting curved patches over the arms, torso, and legs. Sections of chain-mail, modeled after the shark proof suits constructed by Hammacher Schlemmer, and woven through with thin silver wire, resided under those patches. They helped protect from slashing attacks, and the silver content would be a nasty surprise to certain kinds of undead or extra-dimensional beings. Combat harness with silvered collapsible batons, his bladed jo staff, and a black backpack completed his ensemble. Normally he would have carried his Kevlar bag, but that seemed contraindicated for this mission, so the items that normally lived inside it went into the backpack instead, along with two weeks worth of ration packs. Each pack contained a two thousand calorie meal bar, and a pint of water sealed into a foil package. It would keep you alive, barely. After a moment's thought he dropped in a lifestraw. If things lived inside the pocket dimension, there had to be a water source somewhere. Testing the weight and fit of the pack, Jasper nodded in satisfaction, then headed out to meet Xaira.

Jasper smiled as he saw the dragoness waiting for him. He knew they were about to head into a dangerous situation, one that they might not even be able to face together, but he refused to worry about it. Worrying accomplished nothing, and took away from the time they did have together. Setting his pack and staff aside, Jasper devoted all of his attention to letting Xaira know how much he had come to care for the mercurial dragoness. Many giggles, laughs, and breathless moments later, it was time to head to the armory. Jasper let Xaira help him to his feet, then took her face in his hands, kissing her his promise to do his best to return to her whole.

"Ok Red," he said regretfully as they finally parted. "Game faces on. Let's go get this mission over so we can pick up where we left off."

They moved quickly towards the armory, falling into step naturally as they trotted along. Once inside, they joined the group of agents awaiting their group assignments, which weren't long in coming. Jasper was a little disappointed that he and Xaira were on different teams, but the warmth above his heart was enough to offset it. Catching Xaira's eye, he pressed one hand to his chest, then smiled at her, following it up with a 'give em hell' grin. Then, there was no more time. Jasper moved to collect a Sig P226 from the armory along with spare magazines. One twenty round magazine went into the pistol with six backup magazines spaced evenly about his belt in quick release pouches. Two more went into carriers on his combat harness. He doubted he'd use the pistol at all, since he was an adequate shot at best, but best to go prepared. There wasn't much chance that a mere one hundred and eighty rounds would make a difference, but they couldn't hurt.

Returning from the armory proper, Jasper moved to accept his 'offering'. He considered the glowing crystal with it's precious cargo for a moment, then unsealed his armor, placing the crystal into an inside pocket that he sealed tightly before resealing his outer armor. If something got through the armor to the crystal he would have much bigger problems on his mind at the time. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that. Standing with his teammates, Jasper gave them all a quick appraisal and a friendly enough nod. Sang was the only one he really knew anything about, the rest were unknowns. Well, he did recall the headstrong beastkin that had helped Sang out of the caverns. He hoped that it wouldn't be quite so impetuous this time. The workout obsessed demon with the loud voice was there as well. He had strength, but Jasper hoped he didn't overreach himself. The elf had always seemed to keep to herself. Just reserved maybe? He wasn't even certain what species the other female was, though her coloration suggested something aquatic.

Before he could arrive at any conclusions, they were taking their places, then Tristan simply knocked on the box and they were, elsewhere.

"Translocation," Jasper muttered as a figure seemed to melt through one wall, speaking one word.

"Welcome."

Fable Fable , DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , Noble Scion Noble Scion , Xemanorth Xemanorth , Thatguynameded Thatguynameded , r e i r e i , VioletShadow VioletShadow

565989It's been quite a while since Celena saw any actions after the fumbles of the first mission, and due to those fumbles, her severe lack of common sense in relation to the modern world plus other reasons we don't really have to mention here she was put of commission. The gist of it is that she was laid off the task team and put to work in the administration, where she mostly worked as a courier and as a good-will ambassador to show humans that bestial weren't that bad. She even got a good reception from the kids, her personality really just resonated with the kids. Nonetheless it was obvious that the strong centaur would be excited to get back in the action right? So why was she sweating buckets and looking as pale as the person welcoming them.

It all started the day of the briefing, you see after spending some time with the HUMANITIES project Celena got introduced to many wonderful hobbies of the modern world, like the WWE and monster trucks, you know hobbies a warrior like her wouldn't be embarrassed of. However... she also picked up some more... questionable hobbies... one of these watching a certain child show that we shan't name here. Anyhow, in her infinite wisdom Celena decided that the best time to catch up on this show was during one of the briefings, after all what kind of mission would they throw to a bunch of rookies?

When the time for the mission came in rather cheery mumbling a song; " My little pony... my little pony... what is friendship all aboout?". She appeared to be in a rather good mood as she put on her normal Kevlar vest that was adorned with tactical pouches and a vial right below her torso where she could easily reach. Next followed a blanket like piece of Kevlar that went over her horse body that she then strapped in place with extra carrier bags that would be used to carry what the others in her team couldn't realistically carry.

There will be no extraction. We go in there and the only way any of us get out is to finish the game and get this offering to Pandora."

Celena stopped, her ears perked up as she turned around showcasing her terrified face, they were going where in Hades's name!? While others might be scared they wouldn't be as terrified as someone who literally grew up on those stories as the truth their entire life, it would be like going to give the boogeyman a piece of candy and hope that it doesn't obliterate you.

Still Celena tried to calm herself down, after all if it was like the stories said it means that inside of the box hope is left, who knows they might get like a invigorating speech right? RIGHT?

It was dark and if it wasn't for the two torches on the wall behind them where they had been put would have been pitch black. It seemed like a closed off room with no openings, no open ceiling; just hard, black, solid stone walls. At least at first, then a wall quivered, moved, and the Ambassador appeared.

"Welcome."

Celena just gulped and whispered;

"I Ártemi me prostatévei ..."
(Oh Artemis protect me...)

Fable Fable Noble Scion Noble Scion Tarmagon Tarmagon Thatguynameded Thatguynameded VioletShadow VioletShadow r e i r e i Xemanorth Xemanorth

Last edited:

Theo wasn't entirely sure what to make of his first mission assignment. Well, that wasn't entirely true. The mission itself was well within his expectations. He'd reasoned, quite sensibly it had turned out, that if the truth of the magic society had been hidden from the world under the guise of fictional myths and legends, then those myths and legends would have secret truths behind them as well. Of course, finding out that Pandora was actually some kind of nightmare queen that controlled her own pocket of spacetime reality... well his father had always said there was no limit to magic. Theo figured he'd learn fairly quickly not to be too surprised about these kinds of things. It did bother him somewhat when he found out they only had 3 hours before setting out. Even if they were backup teams following after a more experienced unit, it would have been nice to make plans to counter trickery and illusions.

No, the mission itself he could understand. What was really throwing him for a loop were his fellow agents. Lacking the time earlier to meet any of them properly, his first impressions of the people he'd be risking his life next to were during the mission briefing. And those impressions... well at least some of them were ok. Several people had appeared to be taking things seriously, asking prudent questions about the situation they were about to be thrown into. The others... irked Theo. Their lack of professionalism bothered him, especially considering the consequences of failing a mission like this one. One person, maybe two had clearly been heavily drunk or at least extremely hung over after having been heavily drunk. It did not raise his opinion of them when the first question they asked was about having time to get more alcohol. Another person had happily joked about collecting ears, appearing a little more than morally unstable when their superior reprimanded them. That person had been removed from the mission though, so he wasn't too worried. And one person hadn't even arrived until the briefing was practically over! Not a reliable appearance in the least. A few other things had irked him as well, but the rest he could at least persuade himself wasn't a potentially major problem.

Still, Theo knew he could draw any real conclusions just from one briefing session. The mage was fully ready to give even the apparent alcohol-addicts the benefit of the doubt until he had seen them in the field. So rather than worrying about them, he needed to himself prepare for what was ahead. His usually supplies were obviously going to be necessary, but if there were going to be tricks and puzzles he was probably going to need some extra utilities.

- a bundle of wood for torches (7)
- Several pieces of wire
- a crowbar
- 2 decoy offering pouches

They had definitely been told that the interior of the box was pretty much pitch black, so torches would be a must. He'd be able to light them himself once they were inside. The wire and crowbar would be measures against the tricks and puzzles they might encounter, plus a handy weapon if his fire proved ineffective. The decoy pouches were just as they sounded, two small leather pouches tightly sealed to ensure whatever was inside (which was a bumpy metal lump roughly the size of the offering) couldn't fall out. It looked exactly like the kind of thing an important offering would held in. One of the pouches he strung around his neck, the other he tied tightly to his belt.

And then it was time to go. He met his group leader - a tough looking Woman Theo did not want to cross- and received his offering. It was quite impressive looking, despite its small size. Looking at the seed made him wonder why this of all things would be given as an offering though. What did it grow into? Surely Pandora didn't just stick it on a shelf and admire it for its looks. It was probably above his jurisdiction to know that though. Maybe he could ask once they were inside.

Theo slipped the offering into the front right pocket on his belt and made sure to adjust the weight of the decoy bags to match the offering. And suddenly, before Theo could properly comprehend what was happening, they were inside the box. The ambassador loomed through the darkness, an intimidating figure to be sure, especially in the dim, torch-lit area Theo suddenly found himself in.

"Welcome." he was told.

Theo did not feel welcome in the slightest.

Aquielle Pearla
aquielle_pearla-png.556098
Mood: Braced/Alert
Mentions: DapperCat DapperCat Noble Scion Noble Scion Myriad Myriad Tarmagon Tarmagon DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Thatguynameded Thatguynameded

Her question was not answered in a satisfactory manner, but the information she gleamed from the other questions seemed quite useful. The game could easily adapt to the participants within, so having versatile supplies seemed to be key. Her mind began to ponder a list of travel-sized equipment she could bring, when Qerres managed to respond to her question. Aqua chuckled almost silently in response, not wanting to disturb the other conversations in the room. "If you say so." She whispered back with a complaisant smile. She didn't really believe she was alright, but she was not going to pry unneccesarily.

The ever-present tension in the room escalated once Sanguine had introduced herself, causing reactions from a male demon, Donald and the one beside her, Q. Aquielle knew next to nothing about the demons and their society, but she was not fond of how there seemed to be a fight brewing before such a perilious mission. An agent was promptly removed from the squad and a new addition welcomed, whom she nodded to briefly, but her attention was focused on the bickering between the demons. Luckily, they were dismissed for preparation not long after, hopefully allowing some to cool off their emotions. On her way out to prepare, she noticed the couple from earlier whispering sweet words to one another. It was cute and all, but she hoped that such an appearance did not come up during the mission. Rather than the sweet smile that usually appeared on her face, she had a more solemn gaze, as she briskly headed over to her room to prepare.

3 hours was not the longest time to prepare for a survival game with an indefinite time period. After carefully inspecting her equipment, she promptly suited up and adjusted herself to the weight of her combat armour. It was not as heavy as the armour from her knighthood, but seeing as she had been idle for a few weeks, it would take a short while to re-adjust to. She slipped her lengthy combat knife into its sheath before tightening her wrist crossbow and doing a few exercises on the spot to adapt to them. Promptly afterwards, she began preparing her supplies. A mix of rations, water flasks and medicinal items were prepared for the journey. She also packed a torch and a journal to take notes in. Seeing as she still had an hour or so before the journey, she ate a quick meal at the cafeteria to avoid having to use up all her supplies early on. It calmed her mentally too, as she slowly came to the realization of how serious a responsibility this mission was.

Once the time had come, Aquielle trickled into the armory alongside many others for the briefing. The emerald crystals were mesmerizing, but she couldn't help but wonder where the best place would be to hide her crystal. She may have to discard her backpack at some point, hence she wanted to keep it somewhere on her being. Aquielles gill-like ears perked up at the mention of teams. Her team leader was Agent Tristan Valvon. He seemed capable, as did most demons she knew, but she would have to see for herself on the field. She was glad to hear that brass would be on her team, she at least had one friendly face to keep her company during this frightful game. After hearing the full list of her team members, she was a little disappointed to hear that neither Donald nor Qerres would be with her, but she understood why. No need for two aquatic beings or all three demons on one team. She smiled at them and mouthed the words "Take care." as they entered the field.

The crystal felt strangely comforting between her fingers, but only briefly, as she tucked it into the bottom of her knifes sheath. This was only possible due to the irregularity of her knifes length, as it did not completely fill the sheath made for a short sword. Content, and as ready as ever, Aquielle was whisked away into the box, feeling momentarily unsteady by the magical transport method. The ominous face formed on the wall seemed to contradict the single word it spoke. A chill ran up Aquielles spine, as she braced herself for what was to come.

https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/xaira_werveyn-png.556111/Xaira could tell that, despite the dire nature of the next mission, her response had still meant a great deal to him, and that made the Dragoness happy in return. Once they had reconvened and were canoodling beneath the tree, Xaira felt warm, loved and at peace, unease lingering beneath the surface mostly overshadowed by the warm connection she felt to the man beside her .Every time a thought about the mission to come was about to overwhelm her, the Dragoness refocused on the presence of Jasper and found herself smiling. Like this, cuddling, kissing, chatting and laughing together, the time seemed to pass far too quickly for the Dragoness.

Lifting Jasper to his feet by the hand, the Dragoness’s heart then felt as if it were about to burst from her chest as she felt Jasper’s hands upon her cheeks, her eyes closing in response to him closing the distance between their faces, butterflies alight in her stomach as their lips met. She sighed and nodded with a wistful expression upon her features as he spoke, nodding at his words and grinning a bit specifically at the words ‘pick up where we left off.’ Yes, that was certainly going to be a treat after this surely harrowing mission, Xaira was certain. They’d both promised to come back to each other, so for the purpose of keeping her head in a good place for this mission, Xaira decided to focus on that right now, and the lingering taste of Jasper’s mouth in hers as a reminder.

Xaira was so high from the timeless moments she had just spent with Jasper that the dire nature of her and the other agents’ upcoming predicament only began to truly set in on the walk to the armory, causing the Dragoness to reach for Jasper’s hand while she could, just in case they were to be separated into different teams.

Walking in, clasping Jasper’s hand so as not to let go of it until she absolutely needed to, Xaira looked around nodding and waving to the others, her eyes then resting upon the two higher-rank agents that she barely recognized. She only really knew who Tristan was; the Dragoness had seen the almost human-looking female around sparsely but didn’t know much about her, having assumed she was a higher-up. The dragoness also realized that there were more guards in here than she normally saw about the place, even in the armory itself, she noticed, remembering the times she’d been here before. She had no time to pay it much mind, however, even if she had been inclined to, as Tristan then turn toward them from talking to the woman beside him and spoke up.

Xaira noted Tamsen’s name as Tristan spoke it, hoping she’d remember the woman’s name when it came time to address her in some future moment. The sheer amount of focus she was exuding would likely be surprising to any who noticed, though if asked, she’d attribute it to the sense of security and determination to get this done right and, most importantly, come back alive, that Jasper had helped to instill in her. She payed her utmost attention to every word as the briefing continued, mentally psyching herself up all the while with help from Jasper’s hand, the act of squeezing it in her own gently acting as a tether to the current moment of sorts, seperate from her whirling mind that still fought her every moment to take over her perceptions. She had to take a few deep, and slightly shaky, breaths to make sure she was calm enough, especially at Tristan’s reminders that there would be no getting out until the game was won, and never if no one managed to get their offering to Pandora. That had to be the most stressful thing he could’ve made a point of reiterating, and besides, it simply had to be burned into everyone’s minds from the first time it had had been said. Xaira knew her job was going to be dangerous, but there was no doubt that this was a bonafide suicide mission. Thankfully, the sight of the shiny green crystals which were subsequently presented to the group proved to be a very effective distraction to her Draconic sense of aesthetics, and her eyes widened at the sight of them as her tail wagged slightly, almost like an excited puppy.

It also certainly would help her to keep track of the very important item to hopefully get it to its destination in Pandora’s hands. Not to mention that the crystals also radiate warmth, which Xaira would already be feeling for on her person due to the sigil Jasper had drawn over her heart that was directly linked to his vitals. They’d attract trouble though, huh? That was good, and honestly slightly more disheartening, to know. Funnily enough, Tristan’s excited tone despite the things he was saying was refreshing in its way, and reminded Xaira of the carefree attitude she had for most of the first mission. It was difficult to have that now, but Xaira felt slightly comforted knowing that, in the thick of things, she’d honestly be more ready to do what’s needed than she felt right now, especially with the warm reminder from Jasper over her heart.

Once the chests containing the shining green gems closed with an audible click, Tristan began to announce the teams. After Jasper’s name was called, she found herself tensing up while listening intently for her own name, but the first called was over and thus it was clear she would be on the other team.Well, at least they had a contingency available for this. Besides, she’d be lying to herself if she thought that having Jasper by her side would help her to focus on the objective of the mission, sigil on her chest or no. Squeezing Jasper’s hand a bit and glancing toward his face longingly, the Dragoness then saw him turn toward her, hand over his chest, and mirrored the gesture with her own grin. At least this mission would likely prove to be the adrenaline rush she wanted the last one to be at points, though she tried to keep her wonderings as to what this “game” of Pandora’s would entail realistic.There would more than likely be a lot of surprises she wasn’t anticipating. However, her team, as it was called, seemed rather promising in its own way. Xaira looked to each person as they were called with a nod, searching for badges if she didn’t recognize the name, and, once she found it, nodded toward those individuals as well.

Xaira then found herself pondering over her Comrades this time around. Their team leader was the mysterious and thus-far mostly unknown-to her woman named Elora, her appearance making it impossible to pin down her species at all. Xaira was curious to see her abilities and skillset, which the Dragoness assumed must be rather robust given Elora’s clearly important position in the agency. The first of her fellow agents to be called was the to her observations level-headed aquatic man named Donald, who Xaira felt might be a very big asset on this mission. The second nam called was the clearly very strong Demoness Qerres. She was worryingly preoccupied with imbibing yet more alcohol even in her currently inebriated state, but hopefully, she would prove to be a formidable frontline fighter, and thus Xaira had a feeling they’d end up fighting side-by-side a lot considering her own strength in combat being wading into enemy lines as it were. Caddigan seemed to have a lot of the others worried due to his attitude and of course his criminal record, though Xaira had seen him in action, and he was good. Right now, that was what they needed, as far as she was concerned. Lastly, Maia, the motherly Gorgon who’d also proved herself very valuable in a pinch in the last mission would also be joining her, which made Xaira feel a little better about this whole thing. She found herself smiling the Gorgon’s way before continuing on.

Once she’d secured some Kevlar for this form as well as a few extra weapons of silver just in case the monsters were weak to it including throwing knives, daggers and an extra bo staff lined with silver, she then pondered how she’d procure the crystal until she found a few pouches. She thought long and hard where she’d put the thing in case she needed to use her Dragon form, and realized that her tail was really the only part of her that would remain the same in Dragon form, thus not endangering the pouch to fall from her person during transformation. Thus, the moment she secured her crystal seed, she plopped it in the leather pouch and fastened it to her tail with a few tightly-tied cords of the strongest material she could procure on such short notice surrounding it for security. The warmth she felt against her tail, a rather sensitive part of her body, would ensure she knew it was there, similarly to how she knew Jasper was still breathing due to the rune upon her chest.

The Dragoness’s demeanor as she prepared was likely more serious and present than they were used to her being, a rather intense look in her eyes as she geared up to fight whatever the hell Pandora was going to be throwing at her. The 15 minutes they were given to prepare then ended in seemingly less than a minute to the Dragoness’s perceptions as she then stepped into the circle as order, breathing slowly and placing her hand over her heart once more, getting one last look at Jasper among the circle before, suddenly, she was aware that she must already be inside the box.

Blinking to adjust to the darkness, her vision clearing up a little once it did due to Dragonkind’s handy penchant for dark vision, which though not as strong as some other races would no doubt prove invaluable to her. Looking this way and that, she was initially confused to see nothing but her teammates and walls surrounding them all, before the Ambassador that was spoken of, in the form of the woman that had literally melded through the wall, appeared. They did warn that this place would bend reality, after all. Xaira took a deep breath and regarded the woman directly in the eyes, listening with a staunch and laser-focused expression many may think was unlike her if they weren’t more than likely paying all their attention to the eerie being and their dark surroundings themselves.

At the woman’s “welcome,” Xaira answered, in as composed away as possible, “Hello to you too. Guess it’s time to get this show on the road, huh? Care to explain any more rules we need to know?” Xaira was itching to get straight to the point, as her bold words and tone suggested.
Interactions: Fable Fable Tarmagon Tarmagon DapperCat DapperCat Myriad Myriad baddervibes baddervibes Epiphany Epiphany

Last edited:
Let the Games Begin

ambassador-jpg.564314
The Ambassador regarded Brass first as he was the first to offer them a greeting in return. When Celena uttered a prayer to her goddess the Ambassador smirked at the centaur, "Your gods cannot help you here. Amusing to beseech them." The smirk quickly vanished and they regarded the agents within the room slowly with red eyes, scanning over them from top to bottom. When Xaira greeted her and rambled questions the Ambassador spoke once more, "My aren't you eager."

"You are the last to enter the game so you are already behind the others. The rules are fairly simple. You are to survive the challenges of the Box, make your way to Queen Pandora at the center and give her an offering. The offerings you carry will attract the inhabitants of the Box. The deeper you go the more difficult challenges you may encounter. When you hear the horn sound it means the time if close for the game to end. Should all outside participants lose their offerings another may be offered in its place; a life, a person. If someone from another team reaches Queen Pandora first you will all simply find yourselves ejected back to the outside."

"You are free to defend yourselves against the challenges you will face. However, should you attack a neutral target - the Queen or myself - you will forfeit for the outside participants and the Box will open. Queen Pandora and I may not personally attack any outside participants unless one of you does so first."

"The Box is a Labyrinth, but you could also consider it a living thing. It shifts and moves as it pleases."
k7oDKcp.jpg

The wall behind the Ambassador grumbled and groaned as it split down the middle and began to open until the wall is completely gone, revealing an expansive view of the vastness of labyrinth inside the box. It wrapped around the shape of the box, along the walls and ceiling. At the center was a dark purple light emitting the smallest glow from the point of some castle. There were a few paths that seemed to lead to the castle, though after a few seconds it appeared one of them completely crumbled while a new one formed from a different point.

"That castle is where Queen Pandora awaits you," the Ambassador points with a pale finger to the center. The glow wasn't bright enough to help see through the darkness and the Labyrinth itself was very difficult to view unless one was accustomed to dark spaces.

"You may now enter and choose your path. Do mind the walls, if you try to fly over them or climb them," the pale-haired figured grinned, revealing a maw of pointed teeth, not adding anything more to the warning. The Ambassador sinks into the floor in a flurry of dark feathers and is gone, not staying to answer any questions and leaving the agents to play the game.

"Well, weren't they just a ray of sunshine," Tristan tries to joke stepping forward to the top of the split steps from their currently location which went downward into darkness. He would have let out a small impressive whistle, but he didn't know who or what would be listening. The stairs went in two different directions and he looked back at Elora, "Coin toss?" Elora wasn't amused as she also went to look at the stairs.

"We'll go left," Elora said sternly. "Hide your offerings now if you haven't already. We're going."
"Fine, whatever the lady wants," Tristan sighed. "We'll go right."

Tristan's Team - Taking Right Stairs
(Team Reminder: Jasper ( Tarmagon Tarmagon ), Brass ( Thatguynameded Thatguynameded ), Sanguine ( Noble Scion Noble Scion ), Aqueille ( VioletShadow VioletShadow ), Kirill ( Xemanorth Xemanorth ), Calliea ( r e i r e i ), Celena ( June Verles June Verles ) )

Tristan lead the lead down the stairs that went right from their location. He had brought a lantern which could be charged using a small crank so he wouldn't have to worry about any batteries. He knew the bloody thing was a beacon in the dark, but so would a torch (which he had as a backup option strapped on his back). The path went down for a long time, taking a few minutes to reach what seemed to be the end of the stairs which opened up into what one would classically think a maze would appear like. Tall stone walls that climbing would have been a bitch to attempt.

"Here we go," he whispered before stepping into the maze and as soon as they were all past the threshold the opening behind them closed with a stone grinding against stone sound. "No turning back then. Stick close to each other, we don't want to get separated in this place."

Tristan was finding this very underwhelming after ten minutes of wandering down various paths. He had pulled out a piece of white chalk he had brought with him, periodically marking the walls just to be sure they were indeed not going in circles. Thus far he hadn't see any of his chalk markings appear. He paused for a moment and held his hand up to alert the team to stop, then held a finger to his mouth to make sure they would be as quiet as possible.

It was faint, but there was a noise somewhere in the distance. Currently it was too hard to make out what the sound was with the mild echoing, but it was something over the silence. "To follow the sound or not follow the sound."

Elora's Team - Taking Left Stairs
(Team Reminder: Xaira ( DergTheDergon DergTheDergon ), Donald ( Myriad Myriad ), Qerres ( DapperCat DapperCat ), Caddigan ( baddervibes baddervibes ), Maia ( Epiphany Epiphany who will appear later), Theo ( Morzone Morzone ), Felicia ( Hanarei Hanarei ) )

Elora didn't have any trouble seeing in the darkness, the rest of her team might have issues. Before they descended down the stairs on the left Elora turned to her team, "If you need a light source use one. I'll be sticking a glow stick on my person so you can track me." She pulled out a small glow stick, cracked it and shook it causing it to emit a green glow before clipping it to her hip. While these stairs also went down they curved greatly like a massive spiral staircase. Eventually when they reached the bottom it opened up into a dark tunnel with an arched entrance.

"Stick close to each other, stay aware of your surroundings and your teammates."

There was a scent and sound of water, stale fresh water. One each side of the tunnel was a stone edge just wide enough for someone to walk, which would force the team to walk in single file. In the center was stagnant dark water and in the distance the all too familiar sound of dripping water on stone could be heard. Elora eyed the water warily for a moment before carefully walking the edge and after they had all entered metal bars shot down from above and closed off their escape.

"Fun," Elora commented sarcastically.

tristan_valvon-png.559517
elora_tamsen-png.559209

Donald meets Sang's gaze without blinking or faltering, her growl not even eliciting a flinch from the aquatic man. He keeps his gaze on her as she glares to him, as she stands and turns to walk away. He speaks after her as she marches off, smiling ever so slightly. "I will see you after the heat of battle has cooled your temper, Demon. I am sure you will do well." He says simply, pulling his glass of water up to drink from it, eyes on the counter top with a quiet, and thoughtful, hum. Alone with his thoughts, the Ichthyo Sapien closes his eyes and turns quiet, lingering at the bar in silence for a good hour before eventually leaving, making his way around the building, lost in thought, thinking over and over to himself, fingers drumming along his belt the whole while. Time passes, dragging on and on, until the deadline hits, and his idle patience pays off. All in all...

Not bad.

Not entirely disappointed with his 'team', he offers a nod to them each, recognising them by and large with moss green eyes lingering on them one at a time. Caddigan, the Fool; possibly putting it on as defence... or actually is the way he is. Xaria, the Unknown. Her mating land-lover and she seem weak to separation; very bad. Qerres, the Gleeful. Strong, tough, likely to smash. And... huh. Not sure. Donald blinks and then simply turns his attention to the continuing talking of his squad leader, quiet and standing tall, hands behind his back. He eyes the 'gems' with a bright gaze and a curious little smile. "They remind me of the caves I would explore as a child; glowing gems of rich colour that almost glowed." He outs quietly, likely for his teammates to overhear. Into the armoury itself, free to 'have fun', as put by the wise(!) agent, Don makes his way off to secure his things. First, a pair of knives, bottom half serrated, top half ending in a sharp point. He straps one to his lower leg, and the other behind him, at the small of his back, on his belt. Then, his main weapon; a long, silver handled weapon he's all too familiar with, fingers curling around it... then he pauses. A... box. Maze. With... corridors and enclosed spaces. Not... the best place for his Akailos. Too long, too uncertain, and too risky. Taking a deep breath, and setting the weapon back, his hand moves to the side of it... and he nods once, picking up the shorter shaft of the barbed spear, a close combat weapon, designed for puncturing deep and causing grievous, bleeding wounds. Don plucks up a pair, once a single double-ended weapon, cut in two and crafted into a pair of metal death dealers. The man nods, then sets the pair of spears to the side, stepping off to the side and stripping off his shirt, revealing a lean, hard body of muscle. He pulls his goggles off, eyes narrowing in discomfort at the lights above.

Don takes a deep breath in through his nose, stretching his neck from side to side, letting the breath out entirely with a faint smile. Fingers curling around the front of his belt, the blue coin-sized dial, and he twists it. He takes in a silent breath, eyes widening and flickering to a brighter green, and almost grinning as he feels the rush of his home seeping through his body once more. His markings darken instantly, grey hair pulling back as scales start to grow out of his skin, a deep green that's darker then his eyes. He grits his teeth together as they change as well, fusing into an almost prehistoric set of chompers with the man barely holding back a grin; returning to his form is such a rush! His nails, sharper and tougher, his muscles tightening, broadening him, turning dense and eyes stretching open as well, vision sharpening. Curiously, he doesn't seem to be breathing from his mouth or somewhat flattened nose anymore, even as his chest rises and falls with clear breath. The man stretches with a faint smile, scales shining slightly under the lights. "Perfect." He mutters to himself, voice not human anymore, but recognisable. All in all, the transformation took barely anytime at all; perhaps, a minute at most.

Tugging his shirt on, the man adds on a set of light kevlar 'ribs' on a harness that covers his essentials, and allows far more flexibility. His scales at his hands, forearms and shoulders seem to be... thicker, tougher even, then the sleeker scales that cover the rest of his body. Tugging his goggles back on as well, the man plucks up his half-spears, fastening them both to a wide 'holster' of sorts that sits neatly across his back, he walks back into the room with four minutes to spare.

He seems to not consider the surprise of his current appearance compared to his previous one, instead more focused on the gem. The higher ups will know, he idly considered when he first joined. Rolling his stone between his fingers, he secures it in his belt for protection. Keeping a brow perked at the box as they approach it, it comes to a fairly great surprise to Deepscale that, one knock later, and they are in darkness but for two sparks of light as torches. Glancing around slowly, a hand rises to push his goggles up onto his scaly forehead, blinking his inhuman eyes, seeing as clear as anything. Might not be the ocean, but it's sure as hell dark enough to be. His eyes focus entirely on the presence that appears before them, quiet as the others seem to rush to talk to the... it.

( DapperCat DapperCat DergTheDergon DergTheDergon baddervibes baddervibes Noble Scion Noble Scion )

Listening to the creature makes Deepscale shiver all over, scales feeling itchy and cold; a startling feeling for the man. He can even feel his heart pound a bit harder at the sensation of the dark realm he's in, for one of the few times in his life, feeling fear in the darkness. Deepscale loses track of the conversation for a few brief moments, inhuman eyes seeing nothing whatsoever as he gazes off at... nothing. He gives himself a brief shake with a shaky breath released from his chest, but silent, oddly enough. For certain now, the man isn't breathing using his mouth or nose...

"The Box is a Labyrinth, but you could also consider it a living thing. It shifts and moves as it pleases."

Focus. Now is not the time to lose yourself. You were born in the dark of the lost kingdoms, you will not lose your mind at the first step of this abyss!

Deepscale thinks fiercely to himself, eyes focusing intently on the Ambassador who smiles madly with teeth that proves that even the 'normal' things in here are capable of dark intent. Shrugging his broad shoulders with the creature's disappearance, he double-checks his belt's security before following his team to the crossroads. Looking to the other team as the two squad leaders discuss who goes where, his eyes find Aqueille first. "Do not trust the waters in this place." He warns her with a small, reassuring nod, eyes shifting along to Sang. "Keep your passion dim here, else things might use it." And then Kirill, Jasper, and the others. He gives them... a rather awkward display of a thumbs up, awkward due to him being hampered by his own webbed fingers. "See you all on the other side." And with that, he would move to follow after Elora down the left stairs. Following deeper and deeper down the dark path, keeping his eyes off the sources of light and trusting his dark-adapted vision to guide him, let alone his other senses. The scent of water throws him off, followed by a spark of disgusted annoyance at the smell of stale freshwater. Egh. Walking into the room, eyes scanning the thin paths along the walls over the water, he winces at the sound of the metal descending, turning to see it lock them in.

( VioletShadow VioletShadow Noble Scion Noble Scion Xemanorth Xemanorth Thatguynameded Thatguynameded r e i r e i June Verles June Verles > Words of reassurance, concern, and advice. )

He wastes little time in looking to the water with narrowed eyes, old instincts flaring. Water is always a good place for an ambush, after all. The man slowly rubs his palms together, striding slowly towards the water's edge. "Maze is giving us one path, one direction, one current, and the water here is... wrong. Off. Dead. Might be dead things in it, things like me, or things that are worse. I can check if there is anything hiding, waiting for us to move along." He outs to Elora, half-kneeling at the edge of the water, the skin between his scales around his forearms and wrists flickering with a... a faint bio-luminescent glow, a gentle blue-green, and he doesn't take his eyes off the water for even a second.

( Fable Fable > Question of intent to action. )

Donald Sapien ID.png

Last edited:

Felicia had been quiet being a much newer member to SMITED. The notion of being on a team and interacting with others made her quite happy though her outside demeanor wasn't doing a great job in demonstrating it. She wasn't exactly the very chatty type by default to randomly blurt out and say something and potentially come off like an idiot. Being raised my Mages she tended to learn how to interact based off that element of society having a more formal demeanor. In some truth she felt a little nervous though fortunately for her she was very talented at suppressing her emotions, something particularly important given the way her powers work.

As darkness encompassed them she looked towards Elora who lit a glowstick in order to better illuminate her. Despite her abilities Felicia was very much a human otherwise. She lacked the ability to see in the dark and if anything she was perhaps more frail then a typical human being. Unfortunately for her the closest thing she had to a light source on her was her phone. It wasn't something she was willing to put at risk. It was something that she could use to help keep her calm if she needed a method of settling down her thoughts. Instead, she elected to use another method of shedding some light even if it was only as effective as the glowsticks, in many ways less so.

A strange red glow formed around Felicia as her body lifted off the ground. The vibrant red light emitted made herself more visible by illuminating the area in a close distance around her. Her feel hovered only inches from the ground not wanting to test flying too high given the mention by the strange man from before the dangers of attempting to go over the walls. Who knew just how finicky it could be when it comes to determine if someone is trying to 'cheat'. She glanced about levitating remaining by the edge rather the floating over the water keeping quiet. As the bars came down to seal off their exit she remained cool headed, not allowing panic to suddenly over-come her.

The pale skinned glowing woman turned to look towards Deepscale. His choice of words were rather... dreary to say the least. At the very least she could control herself to not give into it causing her to panic at the very thought even if it created some worry in her mind. It seemed much to likely something could be in the water given the shape of the room and fact they were closed inside. Still, it was possible they might be able to slip out without alerting whatever horror might be lurking in the water... if one was really there to begin with. Her glowing red eyes glanced towards him before speaking up, the first thing she really had said since joining the group.

"If you are already dead, I suppose there is no reason you couldn't just check." She spoke coming off flat in her tone. It was her attempt at being a little sarcastic and joking around though the way her voice came off made it difficult to tell she joking around coming off quite serious. She could sound quite monotone. A side effect of learning to control her emotions meant her ability to speak and portray emotion in her words much more toned down.

"If I have some object to lift I can float it over or in the water to try and lure it out to attack. Given it isn't an incredibly intelligent creature or at the very least lacks the ability to make out what is moving and simply goes to attack it could avoid you being eaten whole... or at worst perhaps acting as a brief distraction if you wanted to check under the water while I use a glowing hovering object to hopefully draw any attention off you so you might have a better chance to peek in the water." She suggested keeping the same monotone voice as she continued to hover in place keeping away from the water as best she could. It was far from the most ideal first things she might say around the group but given their situation she didn't like the idea of simply keeping quiet. She looked to Elora as if to confer in her thoughts uncertain if it was really right for her to speak up in the first place over their leader responding to Donald first.

KmowlSx.png

Mentioned:
Fable Fable Myriad Myriad

If there was one thing the ambassador did that Theo liked, it was disappearing. The guy... girl... other... well they made his spine tingle. They hadn't given any particularly useful information, apart from maybe telling them about the warning horn. It was probably best the introduction had been short though,considering their time limit.

"Anyone who wants or needs a torch for light, I've brought extras. Seven, to be exact so first come first serve. Grab them now before we split. " Theo called out to the two groups, taking the time while the leaders were choosing paths to offer his supplies. He waited as those who needed or wanted a torch came up. After making sure the torches were properly lit with his flames he handed them off, stowing away any left over.

He himself created a flame in his hand, one much brighter than the ones burning on the walls and even the torches he'd just lit. The mage followed after his leader, silently observing the stale dead water and the narrow paths that were presented before them. Like the others he felt certain nothing good could be living in that pool, and he certainly wasn't interested in meeting it. The esper -it occurred to Theo that he didn't know the names of any of his fellow agents save for the leader. He'd have to ask sooner rather than later. At any rate the Esper's ideas seemed quite reasonable, lure it out and find out what the thing is.

"Anything that lives in a dark, wet environment like this is going to hate heat and light. Whether I boil the water or make a wall of flame, it should work as a strong defense against whatever is out there. It would be nice to see it before it came at us though." Theo said, raising the bright flame in his fist high overhead. The flickering light extended far over the water's surface, casting a yellow-red glow over their surroundings. Hopefully they could spot whatever might be out there like this, but if not, well he'd be happy to volunteer one if his metal orbs for the esper to use as 'some object to lift.'

kirill-png.556866

Kirill had fallen silent, countless thoughts, conflicting ones running through his mind. The half-demon's gaze had fallen to the dark stone floor beneath his feet as he tried to wrap his mind around the situation he'd gotten himself into. He recounted the rules laid out by the Ambassador in his mind. "Survive the increasingly difficult challenges and deliver the offering to Pandora. Don't attack neutral targets. The Labyrinth is alive.".

The man's golden gaze narrowed before he closed his eyes in thought, one of his large, gloved hands raising to the back of his head as he feverishly ran his fingers through his thick, jet-black hair. He was trying to make sense of all this but well, simply put, couldn't. Not that he didn't try. He absolutely did, the whole fifteen minutes they'd been wandering through the maze for now, he'd been mulling it over in his mind.

He brought no lights of his own with him, figuring that using them would only make him a target. Instead he'd held one of his eyes closed whilst occasionally peeping out the other to make sure he wasn't stumbling into any walls, or steering away from the group, in an effort to preserve some degree of night-vision in at least one of his eyes.

Then, came the sound and something in his mind clicked. If the Labyrinth was alive, there was absolutely zero guarantee that they'd be seeing those markings Tristan had placed all over the walls during their journey into the labyrinth again. If the Labyrinth was alive, then the only way to go deeper and make any headway would be to convince it, or whoever was controlling it to allow them to pass on through.

So far, this sound had been, to him, the only challenge to be put in front of them, and he was not about to let an opportunity to overcome it slip through his fingers. A sensible person may have lingered a while longer to think their logic through, or to wait for word from Tristan, Kirill, however, was far from sensible and the tension that had been steadily building in his mind for the past fifteen minutes served as one hell of a motivator.

Almost immediately, the half-demon broke into a sprint toward the source of the sound, allowing his other eye to open as he'd made it past Tristan's light source, his aim being to either catch up or make his way to the source of the sound as soon as possible. After all, if it was something alive or otherwise mobile that was making it, there was no telling when and if they'd have a chance of encountering it again. And that was a gamble that he felt none of them could afford to make.
( Fable Fable , June Verles June Verles , r e i r e i , Noble Scion Noble Scion , Tarmagon Tarmagon , Thatguynameded Thatguynameded , VioletShadow VioletShadow )

567224 When the ambassador beckoned Celena about the futility of her praying in the labyrinth the centaur didn't react, her face remaining rather stoic which was surprising. Don't get it wrong, she was internally shitting herself but she was too embarrassed to react to her taunt thinking about the possibility that others in the group might have also what she said and now think of her as weak. But when nobody alluded to it she was relieved thinking that nobody heard her, ignoring the fact that everyone heard the ambassador speak to her.

Nonetheless the centaur priestess calmed down a tad as they made their way into the labyrinth, when it was time for them to split from the others she approved of Tristan's choice. After all right is right and left is wrong, meaning by going right they went the right way, right? Or at least she hoped so.

As they made their trek through the further into the labyrinth the only thing that could be heard other than their voices was the sound of her shaking hooves, however Celena was oblivious to it however. She also didn't bring out her own light also ignoring to take one of the torches from the agent who was offering them. Being a hunter she already had eyesight that could easily adapt to the dark with the current amount of light, if she was ever separated she had a pack of 10 convenient sticky glow sticks.

When they made it to the cross-roads she thought that all of her team would have the common sense not to follow the unknown sound in the labyrinth to their untimely death. Unfortunately the demon male accompanying them had other ideas, but she was going to be damned if she was going to allow him to reduce their numbers this early into the exploration as she broke into a gallop in a attempt to grab him before he split off the group.

Fable Fable Xemanorth Xemanorth r e i r e i Tarmagon Tarmagon Noble Scion Noble Scion Thatguynameded Thatguynameded VioletShadow VioletShadow

It was time. Calliea was ready. She got up with her group having heard her name with them. She looked around noticing the people around her. Making sure to memorize every one of their faces. They were going into uncharted waters now. These people are the only people that she will have to interact with for this mission. The ones she would have to trust for now on. She hopes that they don't get her killed.

They entered the box, immediately meeting the ambassador. She stayed silent for this. Taking in her surroundings, and listening. She took note of the rules of the game in her mind. Calliea watched as the man thing disappeared. And the game began.

The two teams split up. As her team walked down the right stairs. She had her staff out. Calliea was taking no chances, there is no way in hell, she would not be carrying her weapon. She listened to the leader of her group. She kept a distance between her and the other group members but kept an eye on them. Then the sound that came when they made it to the crossroads. She instantly got into a battle mode.

And then someone...did something completely stupid. The demon named Kirill or something his name was, she believes. She groaned. Instantly chasing after him as he ran out towards the noise. A centar followed him as well. She sighed "Can someone..please tell that guy that following that sound probably will lead to his death! Or worse ours!" She mumbles loud enough for the whole group to hear

Why is it always something with this organization! Maybe her dad was right and she should have become a teacher.

Tail wagging waiting for this race to start he notices some new people and a horse woman, thats a comforting sight for him. He wanted to gravitate towards her but he stayed close to the most familiar face of the group Aquielle. As the rules were explained he understood the rules where to not climb the walls because that is cheating. He also could not attack the person speaking or the queen. That seemed obvious to brass, you should never attack the people running the game. His brothers called it bad sport human ship. He wasn't sure why humans need these rules for being good on ships but he understood the concept of it. He also was told to bow if he ever meets a queen or king, which was easy enough. The sound of the horn would be the end of the game. The closer we get to winning the harder things will get. We are also the last ones to start playing the game. "WHAT" is the only thing brass could muster in his mind to the idea that we are very late and way behind. As the walls open up he sees the large maze behind the wo-man? He was starting to second guess their gender. This was going to be fun and from the sounds of it, a challenge.

Brass nods to Donald's thumbs up and immediately shakes his head head to the new member, "Brass see dark, Tanks". As the team walks down some stairs his ears flinch left and right to the distant sounds of things, hes not sure what hes hearing, he hears steps, scratching, the horse woman's clops, some distant cries of something. Brass thinks this is the sounds of other players and the animals they are hunting. Hes not so sure about the scratching sounds. Brass tries his best to not look directly at peoples light sources due to his eyes adjusting to the light. We reach the end of the stairs and the walls close behind us, His tail wags.

Are we starting? is all he can think. The team kept walking and brass was getting a little antsy for action. He was alert and ready to hunt, if its anything bigger than him hes smart enough to know that a big hunt requires the whole team. The sounds where getting louder, he could hear from what direction they where in, before he could say anything a team member runs, its kirill, then the horse woman follows, then the silent elf follows. He gets on all fours prepared to run but he remembers the pack leaders orders to stick together. He looks at Tristan and says "follow? stay?"

( mention: VioletShadow VioletShadow June Verles June Verles Hanarei Hanarei r e i r e i Xemanorth Xemanorth Light interaction: Myriad Myriad Morzone Morzone ) Fable Fable Brass_Ruud (1).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back