• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

thehighpriestess

magic user
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

misfits
the premise

Crime has risen drastically in the year 2030. While the world has improved at an accelerated rate in the form of space discovery, life on Earth continues to be quite a mound of shit. Humanity remains to be at war with it's greatest nemesis.

Itself.

Perhaps it was fate. Perhaps it was a cruel joke, placed by beings the world may never know of. But one lightning storm that rolls across the sky above New York City a particularly gloomy Sunday morning has the potential to change the fate of many.

-Hello all! Heathen here, attempting to attract you with a new roleplay. I've been watching the show "Misfits" and if any of you have seen it and found myself in love with the characters and storyline. I've wanted to tweak it slightly, definitely with more of a superhero/villain sort of vibe. I'll be adding more to this as the night goes on, but the gist of it will be some very ordinary and relatable folk developing powers from a lightning storm and how they learn to deal with having them and the world learning of them. Some of these people may use their powers in a more altruistic manner, and others (hopefully, I do love the chaotic types) will not!

There is no linear storyline as of yet. As all characters will be eighteen and up though , therefore I am diverting away from meeting at juvenile community service and giving more freedom with backgrounds and where characters were (within reason) when the storm took place.-

the rules
1. RESPECT THE RPN RULES
You should know them by now ;).

2. This is a Literate Roleplay
If you cannot write at least 2-3 paragraphs for posting, this may not be the rolepaly for you,

3. Be respectful.
Keep the drama strictly IC.

“I have never met any really wicked person before. I feel rather frightened. I am so afraid he will look just like every one else.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

the law
IChief of Police Commissioner for New York City. Sleep deprived and now dealing with super heroes and villains to add to the list of her to do's . Powerless
the prophet:
Has the power to absorb and relieve others of their powers. This character will not immediately realize this.
the
scientist.
This character will be using Science (obviously) to try and understand how and why in the %#!@ all of this is taking place. Powerless and currently clueless
coded by kaninchen

Last edited:
Hello, this RP looks interesting. Could I be New Yorker #5, as a Villian?

I’ll jot you all down, and I’ll be working on more info for this shortly.

Thanks, guys!!

Awesome, I’ll work on what I’d like to see in some CS’s shortly.

I also realized I need to input some rules in before I get the ball rolling. This will be a reasonably literate role play. I’d like to see at least a couple paragraphs per post, just a fyi.

Hopefully that doesn’t deter anyone haha.

Awesome, I’ll work on what I’d like to see in some CS’s shortly.

I also realized I need to input some rules in before I get the ball rolling. This will be a reasonably literate role play. I’d like to see at least a couple paragraphs per post, just a fyi.

Hopefully that doesn’t deter anyone haha.
Fine by me!

Are more new yorkers allowed to be added, because I'm interested. Alternatively, I also notice that the prophet role has no name next to it?

Yes, the Prophet role is open. I’m up for adding up another New Yorker though. After that I’ll see about closing the roles on this until we get the ball rolling and we get some posts done.

Let me know which you’d like!

A question about the prophet then: can they use the powers they absorb, or is it more like a storage thing?

Think of them more like a tradesmen. In the show, which I consider I’d loosely-but also definitely basing some of this off of, this particular character is not able to use these powers, but he/she/they does abuse his/her/their powers because they can give AND take. Like a giant power gum ball machine, they can’t really decide what you’ll get. It just won’t be the same as something you’ve had before. (For the moment. Control could come with a bit of development. I like the idea of no one being good at whatever power they have for awhile.

Definitely a shadier kind of person, though. Eager for the cash once they realize they can sell these powers (whether they’re useless or incredibly valuable) and likely someone that’s going to get themselves mixed up with the wrong people. (Maybe it’ll be cartel, mafia, some bad policemen, etc).

Hope it clears it up a bit! Definitely a specific role.

Hmm, interesting. I think I may go ahead with being a new yorker anyway as I can even things up by playing a hero of sorts.

Sure thing! I’ll add you.
My first character sheet will be up tonight. Once my internet isn’t complete ass, along with the rules.

Cheers xX

My CS is up. If you have troubles with coding or anything, send me a PM but otherwise....

Godspeed. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. I may be making a powered character myself, or swooping the part of the Prophet to get us going . ;D

You got it! PM with any questions, I did detail a little bit about the role in a previous post if you're curious. The main page is getting more detail and an overhaul (pardon the mess), and I'm finishing up my second character .

I'd like to get a post up by this weekend if possible!

Writing up my cs now, just wondering if we'll be getting a discord server for ooc purposes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back