• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy misery loves company, after all!

melancholyhanahaki

Manipulator
Allen disliked the idea of humanity. Nevermind you, it was the idea, not the actual humans. He enjoyed the misery that humans carried around all the time. They confided in him and his white lies - the amount of trust these creatures put in him is simply just amazing. This certain level of vanity put him off the mark, but he didn't mind that. He didn't mind trudging around Earth and feeding off of aimless souls before they potentially succumb to darkness. It was much better than having a god be all up your ass all the time and judge your every action.

Allen was very fortunate today, to say the least. He roamed often - especially more, since it was winter now, and people aren't out as much during these times. He hummed, looking at his appearance in the mirror - blonde hair, blue eyes. He zipped up his sweater and tucked his scarf securely around his neck before he heads out.

On the walk of this fateful day, he ventured off into the forest. If he were any mere mortal, he would be fearing for his life - unfortunately, he had none, so he would be alright for this venture. He grunted as he trudged off into the forest, his boots making marks in the snow. He keeps his hands in his pockets as he looked down, making sure he doesn't trip on anything obvious.

Allen's enhanced senses noticed something... off when he heard footsteps in the distance. They sounded rushed, as if something was running. Whether it was somebody running from someone, Allen wanted to figure out. Allen picked up his feet, keeping up a brisk pace as he walked towards the footsteps.

Eri was a witch. Her parents were scientists, so they thought of her as a miracle. But as she grew older, and her powers grew stronger... well, it seemed that they couldn't hold back their curiosity any longer. They tortured and experimented on their own flesh and blood for years... they said they were trying to help her. But this was the last straw. Eri overheard them talking about "the final experiment" She wasn't great at math, but she didn't have to be to know it would add up to be terrible for her. So Eri ran away. She was so amazed that she actually pulled it off that she didn't pay attention to where she was going... now Eri was lost.

But she kept going. If she stopped, she was afraid that the hopelessness of her situation would overwhelm her. It was dark, so she could barely even see where she was going

Eri didn't stop until she slammed into something hard and fell down. She gasped for breath, she had been running for so long. She had long white hair as pale as the moon and red eyes like fire. Her arms and legs were covered with bandages. Eri's very being was overflowing with misery.

Despair, sorrow, anxiety, fear... it was a veritable buffet for a demon. Eri almost felt stuck to the ground, she was so exhausted. "Get up... stupid body!" She had to keep running, no matter what.

Allen had the body of a young adult male, just barely out of his twenties, and so his form could easily keep up to her. He was slightly weakened because of the fact he lacked energy to keep his body stronger than normal. He didn't take his time, though - as he got closer to the energy source, the stronger and stronger her misery was, and it was delectable to him. Rather than tearing her apart as soon as he found her, maybe he could toy with her weakened pysche - something he'd love to do.

Allen eventually found footsteps, and began running after them, eyes on the ground. Soon he heard breathing of a female, and looked up to see a female. "Are you okay?!" he calls out, running to the side of the person and landing on his knees. He notes her clothing. She must be cold, he thought, before taking off his winter jacket. He had a few other layers on anyways, and he could probably waste some of his power to heat himself up if the cold got too unbearable.

Allen then whispers, looking over his shoulder, "What's that?" He heard the footsteps and the yelling of strangers from afar. He looks at the person he had, and wondered if he should just devour all their misery whole and leave them here to probably die, or whatever was going to happen to them. Allen felt something other than misery in this person, though - some sort of darkness that matched him - and it intrigued him.

Eri gasped. She didn't know that anyone else was out here... he seemed to be concerned about her. Something about this felt off, but she was distracted. "No!" They were going to find her and kill her... or worse, take her back for the "final experiment" I'd rather die. No, I want to live! Eri forced herself to stand, but it was exhausting just to do that. "Please run... you shouldn't get involved." Eri had to make her last stand.

Eri trembled as she heard the footsteps and shouting getting louder. But I can't take another step... Eri was weak from the experiments. As a witch she could have blasted her parents away, but in her current state, she couldn't blast away a mouse. She was hopeless. Defenseless. Useless. Eri was radiating misery. Wasn't there anything she could do? Think... Eri could probably cast one tiny spell... but she would probably die. It's better than being tortured by them though

Eri made up her mind. She had to keep them away... she had to focus. Eri took a deep breath and focused what little power she had left. She had to be patient too. As much as she wanted to run away, she couldn't. Eri barely had to strength to stand at the moment. The footsteps got louder. Her heart beat faster. She listened to the wind

Allen didn't know whether to put his usual morals aside to just save one human. He bit his bottom lip and closed his eyes, keeping his arm on the stranger, but he didn't look behind him. He didn't know what happened, but once the footsteps reached them, the footsteps stopped. He looked over his shoulder, and the people were just... gone, whatever they wanted and whoever they were - gone. The footsteps stopped just right behind them too. Last time he checked, a mere mortal couldn't possibly just vanish people out of nowhere.

Allen was certainly curious. "If you're running from people, I can give you a place in my home," he told her in a low voice, very softly. He looked behind him again, just to validate that he wasn't possibly imagining a few people disappearing from reality just like that. That doesn't happen normally, even if he was a demon himself.

Now not only was her abundant misery enough to feed him for the winter, but there was some mystery around her now. Allen didn't want those people to disappear, but they went and disappeared anyways. Whether it was him not making sure his powers were checked, though, he wasn't sure. He then asked, looking down at her bandages on her legs, "Do you...do you need me to carry you?"

A simple vanishing spell. Of course Eri didn't have the ability to make them disappear completely... they would have a hard time finding her in Hawaii though. "Finally..." She was free. But she was already exhausted... she could barely hear what Allen was saying. His words sounded kind... but something about them was a bit unsettling. Eri had been focusing hard, so she didn't realize, but she felt a warmth around her. This stranger helped to hold her up when she was obviously exhausted and about to drop. In a strange way, it was comforting

Even though she didn't know him... it made her feel safe. Eri was assaulted by pain after the fact though, she had used up magical power when she was already weak. She was burning up with fever, and it would have been impossible for her to remain standing in this state, if this stranger wasn't holding her. Eri was overwhelmed, she couldn't stay awake any longer. Her red eyes shut as she passed out from pain in his arms.

Allen quickly scooped up the stranger and immediately took her to his house. He had to take some precautions to not getting caught, and Eri was already unconscious by the time he got around to the neighborhood. He'd simply vanished with the girl, and he was now in his suburban home. He didn't have a guest room and didn't want her to sleep on the futon (to seem kinder), so he put her to rest in his bed. It was like sleeping in fluffy clouds, so he doubted she would mind - and besides, she may be open to trusting him more if he seemed kinder. It seemed now that his mind went from absorbing the misery of his prey to using his prey to his advantages - if they had any that were on par with his, after all.

Allen wasn't sure when she would wake up, so he decided to sit down next to her on his desk and draw or something while he waited for her consciousness to come back. He had already noted her strange appearance, which was part of why he wanted to teleport into the house rather than just carry her in where anybody could see. While she slept, he drew her. It may have come off as creepy to someone else, but Allen didn't think much of it. He soon started to notice some movement, so he left the room quietly to get the stranger some soup or something.

Eri had a fast recovery rate, it was how she had survived the experiments for so long. When she woke up, her fever had started to go down... and the bed she was on what the softest thing she had ever touched. "What the hell...? Am I dead?" This was what she always imagined Heaven to be like. At the time she thought that she actually was on a cloud. Eri had a hard time getting up, but she was starting to freak out because she was in a strange place. Eri somehow managed to stumble to her feet, holding onto the bed/cloud for support. There was a chair and a desk in the middle of the room with a pad of paper and a pencil on it. Eri had to take a minute to rest before she could make her way over to it.

She picked it up and gasped sharply from shock. It was... admittedly a beautiful drawing, but it was of her. Sleeping. Eri shuddered. Someone had been watching her as she slept. And been staring at her. "This is actually really good... and creepy." Okay, she needed to get out of here. Eri set down the pad and surveyed the room. Could that stranger have taken her back here? Eri thought that he was kind last night, but he just gave her chills.

Allen had came back with hot chicken noodle soup. That was the only thing that he had that related to soup, so he brought it over. He wasn't exactly a harmful person, but there was something about him that was intensely trusting. He held the soup with two hands, which were covered by a cloth. He was surprised at seeing the person standing, seeing her poor physical condition. "Well, good morning," he said in a casual voice. He set the soup down on the desk, next to his notepad. He was a minimalist - his fridge was next to empty and he didn't need much for enjoyment. His television was out in the living room, so there wasn't much in his room when it came down to entertainment.

He put the notepad into her desk. "I got bored while waiting for you to wake up," he explained. He avoided commenting further, primarily because digging a grave for himself wasn't a good thing to do, especially if he wanted to observe the girl further. He enjoyed figuring out a good puzzle, after all. "Are you sure you're good to stand up?" he asked, since he noticed her reliance on him and how she was slightly limping and depending on the desk to help herself up.

Eri felt like she wanted to run away screaming. "Were you... watching me sleep?" Unfortunately, she wasn't quite up to running yet. He drew me and he made me soup. He essentially kidnapped me... but let me rest on a... "Wait, that's a bed right?" Eri really wasn't in good shape. "I'm perfectly fine. Who are you?" Eri wasn't an idiot. She certainly didn't trust a stranger she ran into the middle of the night in the woods. So she had to bluff like she wasn't threatened by him when her gut was telling her that he was bad news. "And... I'm not hungry" Eri was dangerously thin, since her parents rarely fed her so she wouldn't have the strength to run away. It turned out that her determination and will to live was stronger than her exhaustion

Admittedly, the soup smelled delicious and she was hoping that her stomach wasn't going to growl. Eri still had a small fever, but she could still remain standing and probably exit the room without too much trouble. But after that... it was a miracle she was alive right now

Allen smiled, ignoring the first question as he placed his phone on his desk. "That's a bed, trust me," he said. He sat down on his bed. "I'm Allen. I'm just a college student." He placed the notepad and pencil inside of his desks' drawers and gestured towards the chair. "Even if you aren't hungry, you should eat... you're not in proper physical shape for your height." This girl practically looked like skin and bones to him. He wasn't sure how long this girl would stay with him, basically since she looked a little terrified of him. Despite his acting, it was obvious to her that he was a little strange. Maybe a little magic can help her calm down, he thought to himself. He placed his chin on the palm of his hand, leaning towards the girl.

"Do you think I'm going to hurt somebody I don't know?" he asks, his eyes piercing straight through hers. I need you to calm down, and trust me. "If I were any bit sociopathic, I don't think I would have saved you. You would have died of hypothermia out there."

Damn it, he's got me there... he could have done any number of unspeakable things to me by now. But still... He made a lot of good points, so Eri couldn't exactly justify not trusting him at the moment. I still can't let my guard down. She couldn't shake the feeling of unease. "I don't know you. What were you doing in the woods so late at night by yourself?" Eri couldn't trust anyone. And there was just... something about him that felt so strange yet familiar to her. Something inside was telling her that she was being stupid and that she had to calm down, but Eri ignored it. I am starving though... how long has it been since I've had a proper meal? I can't even remember...

They had only fed her scraps to keep her alive and from passing out during experiments. Even in this weakened state, as a witch Eri was highly resistant to magic. But as a person she was starving and frail.

"I'm off on break. I don't like not doing something, so walking into the forest is nice. I never get lost in there, since I go so often," Allen explained. He gestured to the soup and spoon. "Go ahead, you can eat it. Before it gets cold." He adjusted his shirt collar. "I don't... have any clothes for you to wear, so I hope it's warm enough in the house." It was about 75 degrees Fahrenheit inside of the house; Allen usually kept it below that, but he had a guest that could have died out there. He rolled down his sleeves.

"I can see that you're confused, so I'll be out in my living room if you need anything. Bathroom's just right there if you need it," he said, gesturing to a side room. "You can leave anytime you want to, just eat first." Something told him that his stranger won't leave him just yet, seeing as how she probably wouldn't be able to get off of her feet without his kind soul.

Eri was running out of reasons and excuses to want to dislike him. But wasn't he a little too good, too perfect? Maybe she was just being paranoid. Eri sighed, she needed food. "Alright..." she said hesitantly. She started to slowly eat the soup, and the taste shocked her. Eri would know if he had poisoned it, but... it was so good. Eri hadn't ever tasted anything like this before... she felt tears in her eyes and quickly rubbed her red eyes. It's so good. This is real... I really did escape from them. But... where can I go?

They wouldn't stop hunting her anytime soon. She had just set them back. Regardless if that man has good intentions or not... I can't stay. Sooner or later, they'll find me... Eri trembled from the terror of being captured and experimented on by those horrible people again, and shoveled down the yummy soup to try and keep her spirits up. Don't think about that right now...

Allen stayed in the living room, watching television. Or, rather, watching television. He was really thinking more than anything. He doesn't know where this girl came from, and was curious for sure, but he wasn't going to push it. He could use his powers to figure it out, but he was cocky and would say something that would hint that he knew more than he really should. A slip of the tongue will let her know something, since she is right now paranoid - and a little smart. He knew she'd read into every word he'll say.

Allen's eyes moved up to the television once he heard breaking news. An image of the girl came up - the girl he saved - and he lowers the volume. Well, that's just great, he thought to himself. He began thinking to himself. I can press her about this, but then she'd get suspicious. He changes the channel, looking into the hallway to his room to make sure she didn't hear anything about the coverage.

Eri sniffled. I need to be strong... just keep running. Then, they won't find you. Then, they won't hurt you... not ever again. It sounded like he was watching tv. Eri used to listen to it with her parents before she went to sleep. There were times before the experiments... good times she could remember vaguely. What went wrong? What did she do? Eri sighed. I'll never know now, will I? It's pointless to think about something like this... I just have to finish, and get out of here. Eri quickly polished off the soup, and felt a little stronger.

She took a deep breath before she could stand again. It felt a little easier this time. "I'm so weak..." Eri couldn't help but hate herself. She needed to be saved by a weird person just to survive. I'm pathetic. But I need to leave... there's no other choice. Eri stumbled out to the living room and saw him watching the news. Eri gasped sharply as she saw her own face on the tv. She was already reported missing?!

Allen looked at Eri. He heard her name on the television. "You can't go outside," he says nonchalantly. "I bet the police will be doing a sweep of the area around here, and you're very indistinguishable...and not to mention, unique-looking." Allen could change his appearance on will, but Eri? No. "How old are you? There should be no reason for your parents to bring you home if you're over eighteen." He rubbed his nose, looking at the girl for an answer. She seemed about his age, if not an older teen.

"I get it, problem with parents. I did the same thing when I was fifteen," he said casually, shrugging it off. "Stayed with a friend for a while. As long as you haven't done anything illegal..." He had the channel changed to some cartoon, and he faced towards Eri. The only two doors outside were in the kitchen and the front door in the living room.

Eri felt like she couldn't breathe. I'm trapped here. What if they find me? She had just traded her prison for an admittedly much nicer one, but still. Then again, where did she think she could go...? Eri took a deep breath and tried to calm down. "Alright... I understand." She wasn't in good shape anyway. Until I've recovered, I might as well be stuck here anyway. "I'll try not to bother you" It's the least I can do, since he's been kind to a stranger already. "You... probably already know my name... but what's yours?"

Eri would be stuck here for a while, so it would be easier if she had something to call him. There isn't much I can do around here while I'm recovering, especially without exposing myself as a witch... there's no telling how he would react or what he would do to me then. Eri shivered at the thought. "And to answer your question... I'm 20 years old, I think"

He stood up. "I'm Allen - not Ellen, or Alan," he said simply. "And don't worry about bothering me." He glanced at his watch briefly, before crossing his arms and looking at his feet. "I think I can go out a bit later and get you some clothes, if you'd like." He wasn't sure if the girl would hurt him if she had the chance, but he was aware that she had no reason to do that unless he presented some sort of threat, which he didn't voice or gesture to. He only wanted to observe her, not hurt her.

Allen wasn't sure of what she could do and how often he could observe her but, since he was on break and they both would be around in the house a lot. He could parade as invisible while he pretends to be out of the house. Nonetheless, he heads into the kitchen. "Try to keep your mind off the news, and if anyone knocks run into my room," he says. He begins to microwave himself food. He had to make it look natural whenever he was eating, since that wasn't a need he required.

He was being awfully nice... Eri was starting to feel guilty for suspecting him. Maybe I can trust him... for now. She was going to be watching him too. Maybe he's just a little weird... Allen seems harmless enough. "Y-Yeah... thank you." Eri still felt a bit nervous. She was still alone with a strange boy, and knew almost nothing about him. Eri sighed, she was getting stressed about this whole situation. "I'll... go rest." She was very fond of her bed. Eri essentially slept on the floor at home.

Eri stumbled back to the room she woke up in, and collapsed in bed. "So soft..." There was at least one good thing about this situation. "Ah... I'm in Heaven" she sighed happily. It didn't take long for Eri to fall asleep again... she was out for a while this time. A long while. Eri was quiet, but Allen suddenly heard her. She was making loud sounds of distress in her sleep. Eri trembled and clutched the sheets. She screamed, thinking that she was back home in her horrific nightmare. Eri sobbed and spasmed, almost experiencing the torture again

Allen went out to get her clothes. Her clothes must have been custom made, since it didn't have an exact size tag, so he had to guess her size. He might have gotten it a bit big since she was really thin. By the time he got home, she was still sleeping, so he stayed in the living room and watched television, every now and then checking on her. He was almost half-asleep and lounging on the couch as soon as he heard the screaming. He rushed to her room, hoping nobody broke in, but relaxed when he just only saw her. He took the opportunity to take some of her misery, since she was practically pouring it out right now.

He brushed his fingers over her forehead and a salty scent came off of it. He closed his eyes and sniffed it, then resumed to attempting to act concerned about her wellbeing. "E-Eri? Wake up!" he exclaimed, trying to shake her awake, but unsure of what to do.

Eri was hyperventilating so much that she could barely breathe. In between gasps of air she cried out for help... but she was convinced that no one would come. When he touched her, he was suddenly knocked back out of reach by some sort of invisible wall. In her terror her bandages got messed up. They were starting to unfurl themselves. If Allen was watching her closely, he could easily see that there were holes on her arms, like she had been injected forcefully with a needle several times in her arms

Eri's chest heaved like she was going to throw up. "H...he...lp... me..." she mumbled in her distress. Eri twitched and spasmed like she was being shocked. Her dreams were so vivid. The fear that was instilled into her very being was pouring stress into her already fragile body

Users who are viewing this thread

Back