• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mirror, mirror... [m/f][epic adventure]

symphonia

Yeah but no
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
tw; abuse mention, blood​
castle.jpg

Mirror, mirror, on the wall - who is the fairest of them all?
In the heart of Varlyse, a mountainous country in the north of the continent, sat the Black Palace. A once beautiful, glistening building made from obsidian mined deep in the Varlysian mountains, it had been a symbol of strength and protection. Since the war and the death of the king, the palace had become ominous and foreboding, the angles and lines somehow seeming sharper, more hostile.

Within the dark walls of the Black Palace, a queen with honey-hued skin and piles of long dark hair sat upon an obsidian throne, watching over her court with the same ennui as usual. A squire approached, and whispered something into Queen Deyna’s ear that had a spark cracking in her dark eyes, and her back straightening.

For months, she had ordered the court mages to search for a spell to make her queen of Varlyse for all eternity. To give her the power to lay waste to her enemies and their kingdoms, to claim their land as her own. She’d poisoned her own son into near paralysis to keep her position as Queen Regent, to hold the powers that accompanied the title. Finally, the work of her mages had paid off. Only one obstacle stood in her way: Queen Deyna’s errant daughter.

Where Deyna was cold and calculating, Helene had been warm and candid. Though they were the mirror image of one another, skin matching skin, what lurked beneath were two different beasts entirely. Her daughter had once held no value to the cruel queen, but now, she was the key to everything.

With a simple raised hand, silence fell over the courtiers. A tiger’s smile crossed Deyna’s reddened lips as she spoke, her voice a soft echo throughout the dark walls of the chamber.

“Send for my wolf. I have need of him.”

arena.jpg

Somewhere in the heart of Vos Estra...
Sweat dripped down an olive-toned brow, the dark eyes beneath it moving from side to side, as they assessed each target grinning at her. Each man was twice her size, and held large weapons - a bulky, spiked mace, a glistening scimitar - but Samiye had no fear in her expression. Only cold focus. As the men broke their stillness and advanced, Samiye was unleashed. After a few seconds of acrobatic spins, Samiye ducking and diving between heavy swipes, there was a moment of silence as the last man fell back. It was slow, like a tree in the woods. A moment of silence as his back hit the dirt, a cloud swarming around him. Then - caccophonous applause, the very floor vibrating with cheers and stamping feet as Samiye exhaled.

The arena quickly filled with coins and flowers, thrown into the dirt besides the splatters of blood painting the floor. Being in a cave, the sounds were only amplified as the gates opposite Samiye slid open, a golden chariot charging out into the open space. Breathing heavily, she grinned, throwing her hands into the air. Further cheers echoed back. Her smile wide, her chest heaving, she took ahold of the chariot as it trundled past and hauled herself on, allowing a victory lap before taking the reins and ordering the pony back into the cool shade of the dugout.

So. That's er... that! This is the story I've been craving - the story of Princess Helene and the mysterious wolf travelling across the continent as they make their way back to their homeland. The wolf, a knight under the thumb of the evil queen, the willing deceptor, and Helene, an errant princess, the unbeknownst captive.

I have further details about this story, the set up and plot, as well as world-building, but if you've read this and want more, please send me a PM! I am looking for someone to take on the role of the "wolf" (as well as other side characters along the way), who is willing to bring their own ideas to this, and help me world-build and push the plot along.

Please be 21+, a literate and flexible writer (I don't do strict novella), and reasonably chill!

images: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/81GnO, Galactic Gladiators: Great Warriors of Star Wars | StarWars.com

Phenomenal writing and plot idea. Unfortunately I feel far from qualified, but I really hope you can find a committed and strong writer to partner with!

Phenomenal writing and plot idea. Unfortunately I feel far from qualified, but I really hope you can find a committed and strong writer to partner with!
That is so kind!!! Honestly I kind of went all out on this, my RPing is not usually this standard 😅 if you’re interested in RPing then by all means shoot me a message ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back