• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Javax

The Shadow
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

[Edit, 06/11/2019: Added links to threads for "The Mighty Six" plot.]
[Edit, 06/15/2019: Starter post is going to be posted shortly! CS's will still be reviewed afterwards, but be sure to grab a spot early on so you don't miss anything!]

Hi there! My name's Javax, or just simply Jav.

I'm not even ashamed to say that I've been craving a good Minecraft-based roleplay. Minecraft was a big part of my childhood (teenhood? idk) growing up. I drifted away from it for a few years——between the updates of 1.8.1 and 1.13.2 specifically——but I recently started playing it again and I've practically been hit with a wave of nostalgic memories of me playing Minecraft with friends, writing fanfiction stories, and participating/running Minecraft roleplays. Most may think it to be "cringey" or whatever, especially since I'm 21 years old and playing a "kids game" (even though I don't understand that claim at all; Minecraft is legit a really good game lmao).

Anyways...

In short, I'm looking to start up or join a Minecraft-based roleplay. I'm not gonna be too picky when it comes to finding one. As for starting one, I do have a couple requirements:
  • Must be familiar with Minecraft and its three established realms (Overworld, Nether, and End; the Aether is also acceptable and preferred).
    • I'm intimately familiar with versions up to 1.8, though I can learn up to 1.14.
  • Familiarity with mods not required, though some may be implemented if desired.
  • Detailed roleplayers preferred! Responses will require a minimum of 5-6 sentences.

Beyond that, there isn't too much I'm looking for. I'm willing to break the boundaries of Minecraft logic to add in new things (Minecraft displays/HUD to mimic inventory and crafting; implementing non-Minecraft magic; including races beyond humans, such as elves, hybrids, etc), and I'd actually prefer to include some non-Minecraft elements to make it a bit more interesting. Though I'm totally cool with going full-vanilla.

I don't really have any fleshed-out ideas for a roleplay plot, but I do have a couple starting ideas. I'm open to input to flesh out these ideas!
  1. Trapped Within: I used to see a lot of these roleplays/fanfics around back in my teenage years. With the emergence of Minecraft VR, this could be a pretty realistic thing. Basically, the players could be playing Minecraft like usual and find that they've been in the game for a pretty long time and unable to find a way back to the menu. With their mind and soul trapped within the game, the players must find a way to break themselves out of the game and return back to the real world. As for a starter, some players could be playing together and be trapped together/at the same time, or perhaps they could be trapped for a long while and come across others, which may be a surprise since all they've known are NPCs and mobs. Death is possible and would be permanent, and would not only kill the digital player, but also the human player as well.
  2. The Mighty Six: After their home village is burned down by a mysterious entity, the characters set out on a quest to kill and destroy six great, god-like mobs to halt the end of Minecraftia. Death is possible and would be permanent.
    • A thread has already been created for this plot idea! If you're interested in joining, go ahead and review the IC/Overview Thread, establish yourself in the OOC Thread, and post your character sheet(s) in the CS Thread.
  3. Survival of the Fittest: This could be a co-op or "every man for themselves" sort of deal. Focusing more on survival, all the players must survive through normal Minecraft days. PvP is a factor. Depending on a player vote, death could either be permanent or respawning could exist.

Let me know if you're interested, either by replying to this thread or PMing me. And if y'all have any questions, let me know!

-Javax

Last edited:
Normally, I'd say, "Minecraft roleplay? Seriously?" But I've recently grown to really appreciate Minecraft recently, and plot 2 sounds pretty rad, dude!

Normally, I'd say, "Minecraft roleplay? Seriously?" But I've recently grown to really appreciate Minecraft recently, and plot 2 sounds pretty rad, dude!
Dude, I was thinking the same thing, but then I started playing Minecraft again and it just started this snowball effect... But yeah! I'd say if we could get enough people (probably max of 6 people), we could start a group RP with that plot.

Are u doing this on the site or on a server?
I'd prefer roleplaying on here, RpNation. I enjoy using BBCode for formatting, organization, and personalization.

*Edit: Also, sorry for the late response; I left for work right after posting this thread.*

I’m up for this. The nostalgia is hitting me hard.
Woo! More people to suffer with me!

Go ahead and review the threads linked above. You can start working on a CS too, if you're still interested. If you have any questions, let me know.

Is your "Trapped Within" plot open or has anyone else contacted you about it? I'm interested! But totally understand if you'd rather focus on the other one right now!

Is your "Trapped Within" plot open or has anyone else contacted you about it? I'm interested! But totally understand if you'd rather focus on the other one right now!
I could definitely start a thread for it, if you'd like! No one else has expressed interest for it yet, though.

I could definitely start a thread for it, if you'd like! No one else has expressed interest for it yet, though.

Thanks for offering! But no worries, I don't want to have you needlessly juggling multiple rps if the interest isn't there. I'll keep an eye on this thread and revisit the idea if anyone else hops on it. Thanks (:

Thanks for offering! But no worries, I don't want to have you needlessly juggling multiple rps if the interest isn't there. I'll keep an eye on this thread and revisit the idea if anyone else hops on it. Thanks (:
Alrighty. ^^ Hopefully we'll get a bit more interest on that part, then!

Bumpity bump. I'd really like to do this RP, tbh. I worked hard on it (for like an hour) ;0; Pls don't let it die. Give it a chance. <3

This is hilarious. I'm actually also in the exact same situation where I stopped playing around 1.8/1.9 and have just revisited it.
While I won't be joining the rp, I just wanted to let y'all know that I hope you have fun! My child/teenhood supports!

This is hilarious. I'm actually also in the exact same situation where I stopped playing around 1.8/1.9 and have just revisited it.
While I won't be joining the rp, I just wanted to let y'all know that I hope you have fun! My child/teenhood supports!
Thank you! I appreciate the love, though it doesn't look like any of these are gonna get off the ground, so I've just kinda given up tbh. .w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back