Video Games Minecraft turns 10 today! What do you remember most about this game?

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ahhh, good old Minecraft. For many of us (and I mean the younger generation who are probably in their late teens to early adulthood now), we grew up playing this game.

I for one spent hundreds of hours mining away with my brother in 2012 and 2013, and I remember being so happy when we struck diamond for the first time years ago. We celebrated, we laughed, we cheered, then I punched him into lava, and he cried.

Fun times.

Unfortunately, he has moved on to Overwatch and the dreaded Fortnite. Recently he picked it up again, but he never wants to play with me for some reason.

What are your most fond memories of this game?

Last edited:
I came late to minecraft when I was sixteen and mostly played on rp servers even then but I did become low key addicted to farming.

My memories are more of the hours I spent watching yogscast minecraft videos. Still watch them to this day like the nerd I am.

Flash forward to now and I'm just discovering the joy of modpacks for myself ...so yeah. Definitely late to the party.

I miss old Yogscast. Binge-watched their Minecraft series last weekend. Pity we'll never get a conclusion to Shadow of Israphel.

I remember when Hatsune Miku first announced it.. good times, good times

In all seriousness there was a period when I was in Year 7 where I'd go home, go into creative mode and spend my time making pixel art with it. It.. always ended up being lopsided and bad but I was proud of it at the time.

Now I'm getting back into it again and I feel like I'm having even more fun with it now? Especially now that I'm not like, 11 and too terrified of accidentally putting malware on my dad's computer to download fancy texture packs and lighting mods lol

I remember the first actual version I played was a torrented version of 1.3.

Also I remember being completely convinced that Herobrine was real and immediately quitting when the cave sounds played.

Also I remember being completely convinced that Herobrine was real and immediately quitting when the cave sounds played.
I would listen to all the awful Herobrine creepypasta that came out of it and be convinced it was all 100% true

After all these years, I think I can unironically say that I'm glad to be an OG Minecraft boi.

Dang. I remember the REALLY old days. MC alpha and beta versions. I was actually angry when the survival aspect of the game came around lol! I just loved creating too much I guess. Getting super creative with only 42 blocks, and wrestling with the weird water physics to make great underground bases. With plumbing, even! Nostalgia.

Lol I remember my first night. I had literally no idea what to do. I made a few planks and was so scared of getting killed by creepers that when the sun started going down I freaked out and built a tiny 3x3 shelter in the middle of a frozen lake. I think I forgot that I was playing on peaceful the whole time.

Daisie Daisie PLUMBING!? how did you manage that. I can barely manage to make a square house out of wood >|<
Like I said! Lol you had to get REAL creative. Sewer lines, rivers, ect. Luckily I had two awesome older bros to get ideas from. I was super young at the time.

Oh 'BOI', where do I begin...
So I remember playing Minecraft since I was young, and It was fun.I was playing on a 8 Player game, and everyone was looking for diamonds.
(We were all on the same team.)
I actually found the diamonds, but kept it to myself. I crafted a diamond pickaxe with the diamonds, but a FRICKING CREEPER just had to show up.
I think you can imagine what happened next. I blow up, someone takes my pick, and I get kicked.
Good times.

I remember playing on a friend's private server. My brother and I turned a ravine into a neat little home. We floored up the gap and made a glass ceiling for sunlight, and we furnished the entire place like crazy. My friends came around and said it looked amazing, and I felt so proud of myself.

Then one of my 'friends' hid a ton of TNT under the floor while I was gone. So when I logged on and stepped on the door pressure plate, the entire thing blew up.

I raged so hard that day. Never found out who did it.

I remember playing on a friend's private server. My brother and I turned a ravine into a neat little home. We floored up the gap and made a glass ceiling for sunlight, and we furnished the entire place like crazy. My friends came around and said it looked amazing, and I felt so proud of myself.

Then one of my 'friends' hid a ton of TNT under the floor while I was gone. So when I logged on and stepped on the door pressure plate, the entire thing blew up.

I raged so hard that day. Never found out who did it.
Oof. That sucks.

Oh my goodness. And Spleef? Like.. The ONLY minigame you could play, other than a maze or something. Running around, deleting blocks and trying to get the other player to fall? My brothers and I actually made a three dimensional version of that once... Just a cube where you had to tunnel through while still trying to make people fall.

I always used to watch these Welsh minecraft youtubers, Koto and Sen. They used to have this massive city, Greenfield, and they'd live in these nice apartments and try to survive the various natural disasters that would plague the city. It was a very unique concept as a mod showcase, had an ongoing plot and everything. Then one day I tried to install Greenfield on my old Windows XP machine to do the same thing and gave the computer a virus. My dad was pissed.

waking up at 5 in the morning to play all day with my friends and getting yelled at for being too loud
the good old days

My fondest memory of Minecraft is perhaps on a multiplayer Skyblock server, where I'd just joined the island of this girl I met. We were very friendly with one another and every time we managed to get on at the same time, it was so nice. She was super sweet, and I was in my senior year of high school and needed some cherring up. I ended up making her a little pixel art statue based on her name, it was like a little panda with a crown. She must have been princesspanda or something. I don't really remember. But I remember the really happy 'letter' she sent me via a book, and how delighted she was. We ended up befriending each other out of game but that fell out as I grew into an adult and life happened. That's my fondest memory of Minecraft, though, was making this sweet girl I met happy :)

Soooo fucking much. I remember hopping from server to server with my former best friend, fucking around with everyone. I remember building my first house and just running out of there because I didn't know how to make a door and the zombies came in. I remember trying to make a house out of crafting tables because I thought they were reinforced wood at first. My first survival games win. Being dominant in a massive factions server, making my own shitty mod and trying out all the mods I could find, playing adventure maps, building and exploring my own massive world, learning redstone and creating a LOT of things like secret entrances and etc. The best thing I managed to make was a fucking alarm clock. Took me wayy to fucking long. It was amazing and I am so saddened by not having anybody to play it with. Playing it alone, after beating the entire game and doing everything there is to do is not really fun if I do say so myself. So now it just sits all dusty in some folder.

I remember building a cake store on this one Minecraft server with fancy stuff for classes and all. So I became a vampire. I was a cake shop owning vampire, and it was literally the best. Unfortunately as updates started coming along, a lot of the fancy scripts and whatnot were kinda breaking, and eventually I was pretty much the only gal on that server. Shame, I met some really nice people there.

Minecraft turns 10 years old today.

I remember when it first came out and the hype train around it like it wasn't even that long ago. I never played it much myself but did love the relaxing soundtrack and sometimes put it on to help me sleep.
A few months back I was having trouble sleeping so looked it up. The comments were full of people reflecting on childhoods they had spent playing the game.

God, how old am I?

ShortGloomyCoral-size_restricted.gif

I remember watching my brother play. I would play it myself from time to time, but I always liked watching him play. They were good bonding moments for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back