Millennium City: Nova - {Pocket D}

~Shilo Saga~
Interactions: Aoba ( Mythias Mythias ), Frank Woods ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla ), and Jak ( darkred darkred ), open/anyone
Mentions: Maxwell ( ManyFaces ManyFaces ), Wilson Higgsbury ( Haz. Haz. ), Lucario ( YellowTemperence YellowTemperence ), Kanye ( Ellya Ellya ), The Singer ( BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 )

Shilo looked at the tall man who spoke about cigars before turning to Higgsbury and questioning his social life. There was something about the man that made her uncomfortable, but she merely made the note to stay away from him until she knew more. The assassin turned her attention back to the blue haired young man, Aoba. She never heard herself be called "Agent Shilo" before... it had always been "Agent Saga," "Shilo," or "Shi." As no one here was on the level of a nickname, Shi was off the table for now. She tilted her head ever so slightly to the right, at the sound of being called her title plus her first time, an almost confused, but playful, smile teasing at the corner of her lips. "Um, you can call me Agent Saga, or Shilo if you prefer... Agent Shilo just sounds..." she trailed off, shaking her head gently before lifting her glass to her lips, taking a small sip of the golden liquid. "I'm doing alright, grateful for the Irish booze, looks like they actually have a pretty good selection." Shilo said, turning her gaze to the bar once more, her eyes scanning over the different labels of Irish liquor. "How about you, Aoba? How are you?" The assassin had slipped surprisingly well into her new persona of 'sociable but still herself,' at least for now. As everyone seemed to be respecting her personal space decently, there was no need to try and make herself seem tougher, or larger, so for now she sat back, her legs crossed, as she engaged with the group.

Shilo narrowed her eyes a bit when she heard Woods call her "kid." She turned her head toward him, an eyebrow arched as she met his gaze wit her teal one. She was obviously younger than the man, though she didn't feel as if she would consider herself a child compared to him. "Yes, 'Shilo'," the assassin whispered to Woods as she had had her attention on him as he murmured under his breath and had caught him, though she wasn't about to just call him out, thus her whisper back. "Not 'kid'," there was a bit of playful teasing in her voice, but at the same time there was just a bit of an undertone of "try me." She wasn't so much offended by his slip of the tongue, but had never had anyone since she was sixteen feel so unthreatened by her that they had felt they could say such a thing to her, that she wasn't quite sure how she should react to it. However, the assassin couldn't dwell on that for too long as another familiar face introduced himself. "Hey, Jak!" Shilo greeted the eco-warrior as he approached, she was rather surprised to see him without Delsin or Baiken, but that wasn't really a huge deal. After all, he clearly had agency. She watched as Aoba turned his attention to Jak, smirking a bit in amusement at the obvious look of wonder and confusion on his face at the sight of the eco-warrior. However, Shilo, who had positioned herself in such a way that she could see the entrance of the club, noticed the doors open and a familiar figure enter. The blue canine, Lucario, looked excited which was only proven by the "yip" that he gave. She couldn't help but give a gentle giggle at the sound and the sight, though the sound of her own laughter was so fake to her, though it wouldn't be to others, that it pulled her from the moment and back to the group around her.

The raven haired woman looked back to the man who was apparently named Maxwell and Higgsbury as the latter started to cough. She looked between them, picking up the aggressive tone in Wilson's words. As this didn't concern her, however, Shilo decided to turn her attention to the man who had just laid his hands on the waitress, her hand immediately went to her left thigh, her hand grasping around thin air. "Fuck," she murmured. Normally, she had a Bowie knife resting in a sheath on her leg, however, as all weapons but her wrist blades were gone, so her action had been ultimately useless. Normally, the assassin would have already been up and making sure the man was shown exactly what happened if that sort of thing happened in her presence, but luckily for the Kanye, others got involved first. Shilo hadn't even noticed that Woods had reacted similarly until she forced her attention, yet again, back to the table, in time to watch the attractive singer walk off the stage to run her hands across the men.

The assassin couldn't have cared less about the woman touching the men, or even calling for them to follow her, she did tense when she thought, for a moment, that the singer would also touch her. Luckily, she did not. Shilo watched as Woods stood to follow the woman back stage along with the other men, not hesitating when she caught Frank's gaze. The raven hair woman got to her feet and walked after the marine almost as if it had been planned, flashing a look out of the corner of her eye as she stepped into place by his left side. "I wasn't exactly invited to this, but sure," she murmured to him under her breath. Shilo had lost the playful edge she'd had, resorting back to a more neutral sort of self, like she had been when she first came to the city, however, she did stick slightly closer to Woods than before, knowing full well that he was her most likely ally if anything were to happen.

Aoba Seragaki
Interacting: FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla darkred darkred YellowTemperence YellowTemperence Nightwisher Nightwisher
Mood: Slightly bored/Little bit bewildered
Ability: SCRAP
Health: Peak
Music: Happy Stuff
tumblr_ny188dTYhc1uo75r5o3_250.gif

Woods sighed and shook his head as Aoba confirmed the idea that Millennium wasn't exactly on the map. That wasn't good at all- it meant that he had no idea where he was relative to the USA if it even existed here. But he had figured that out a long time ago thanks to the Neo-Nazi and the Chicken girl pretty much confirming that there wasn't really a way to pinpoint the current time period nor location.

But he thought it was more or less obvious that he didn't have a "job" in Millennium- apparently not for the blue-haired kid. Frank sighed again, thinking all the way back to the train station- and indirectly about his nightmare. Gritting his teeth as he thought about Mason, he grabbed his cigar and took another puff to ease his mind. It would take him another few moments before he would talk again, using that time to clear his mind up. The damn incident was gnawing on him from the inside out- he had to get that outta his chest later.

"I mean, I don't fuckin' belong here. One minute, I get my legs blown off at some kinda dock yard, and the next thing I know I wake up on one of those weird civilian trains like it never happened. And if you ask me, I don't think anyone else here was fighting in the Vietnam War last I checked," The Marine responded. He turned to rest his arms on the table, exhaling smoke once more that lazily wafted up to the ceiling.

As he listened to Woods' story, Aoba found himself cringing a little bit on the inside from the gory details. "Yeah I don't think I was alive by then." Aoba nodded frantically, although the army man's story threw him off completely. He didn't doubt the legitimacy of Woods' anecdote, but if it was true, then how did the army man get transported to the current time if he was right in the middle of a war that happened so many decades ago? Scratching his head, Aoba was trying to make sense of the story. Although he had only just came to this place, Aoba could already sense something off about Millennium City.

And for a moment, Aoba even doubted his own story on how he got here. Even though he had only spoken to Handsome Jack and Woods properly as of right now, it seemed that everyone had arrived here without even knowing it. Amnesia was something that Aoba was familiar with, as he had a pretty severe one after a certain accident that left him to a point where he couldn't remember anything at all. Luckily, he had recovered all these memories but it wasn't something that Aoba wanted another one of.

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

Shilo looked at the tall man who spoke about cigars before turning to Higgsbury and questioning his social life. There was something about the man that made her uncomfortable, but she merely made the note to stay away from him until she knew more. The assassin turned her attention back to the blue haired young man, Aoba. She never heard herself be called "Agent Shilo" before... it had always been "Agent Saga," "Shilo," or "Shi." As no one here was on the level of a nickname, Shi was off the table for now. She tilted her head ever so slightly to the right, at the sound of being called her title plus her first time, an almost confused, but playful, smile teasing at the corner of her lips. "Um, you can call me Agent Saga, or Shilo if you prefer... Agent Shilo just sounds..." she trailed off, shaking her head gently before lifting her glass to her lips, taking a small sip of the golden liquid. "I'm doing alright, grateful for the Irish booze, looks like they actually have a pretty good selection." Shilo said, turning her gaze to the bar once more, her eyes scanning over the different labels of Irish liquor. "How about you, Aoba? How are you?" The assassin had slipped surprisingly well into her new persona of 'sociable but still herself,' at least for now. As everyone seemed to be respecting her personal space decently, there was no need to try and make herself seem tougher, or larger, so for now she sat back, her legs crossed, as she engaged with the group.

"I see, sorry about that." Aoba replied back at Shilo, who had answered that she never head anyone call her Agent Shilo. The air around the two felt a bit stranger in comparison to the ruggedness that seeped out from the conversations that he had with Handsome Jack and Woods. There was a bit more playful atmosphere when he was talking to Shilo, though he did not think too much about it and treated their conversation as just friendly chatter.

The alcohol that was within is system was beginning to subside, so Aoba was able to concentrate a little bit on his words. "And that's cool." Aoba smiled back at Shilo. "I just had a glass of their fruit cocktail, it was pretty good actually. Otherwise I can't give any more recommendations since I don't drink."

He chuckled a little at his words. "Also to answer your question, I've been doing great." Aoba grinned again. "This place so far has been pretty great. I should come here often actually."

Nightwisher Nightwisher

Jak/Mar
Mood: Annoyed
Ablities:
Dark Jak
Dark Invisibility
Dark Giant
Dark Blast
Dark Bomb

Blaster/yellow Mod

The eco warrior found himself smelling the food around him for a bit, only to focus on the new man in front of him, just staring at him. Jak wanted to groan and facepalm but the stranger seemed slightly confused about his long ears. Jak grinned for a second and crossed his arms,

"No, they aren't cosplay. These are real."

As real as the demon on my shoulder.

Jak made a analogy to the demon he hid inside him but shook his blondish green hair.

Jak frowned "Look pal, yes I have long ears but everyone in my world has them."

He placed his hands on the table and sighed, sipping another drink of beer.

It was clear previous events were running through his mind at the time.

Without his Light Jak abilities to calm him, Jak's anger issues came out at the worst times.

"In either case, who are you? I've never seen you around?

"Oh they are?" Aoba blurted out unintentionally after the long-eared kid mentioned the latter's ears are real, before covering his mouth in embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean any offense."

He could feel his blood rushing to his cheeks and facepalmed. Aoba wasn't exactly socially awkward, but sometimes he has his own mind blanks that like to show up at the worst of times. "Uh huh I see..." He nodded a few times after Jak said that his long-ears were common back at where he came from. That just made Aoba even more confused. What the fuck is going on here? Millennium City definitely did not seem like it was from planet Earth just like he had mentioned before. Aoba patted his cheeks to shake off those ominous thoughts, and dissipated them with logic. If this city wasn't on Earth then there would be no way for me to even set foot on here.

"Oh and my name is Aoba." Aoba realised that Jak had asked who he was, so he quickly responded, though he could hear the anger in Jak's words. I definitely pissed him off.

darkred darkred

View attachment 413909

Lucario

Though Lucario's ears were overloaded with incoming noise, he was somehow able to distinguish each and every conversation. He was looking for voices he could feel at peace around, even if this entire place piqued his curiosity- heavily so, even. Still, there were some mysteriously suspicious people lurking around in the building. His stomach kind of turned in knots thinking about interrupting one of their apparently important conversations...

A familiar voice was fast to catch his attention. "In either case, who are you? I've never seen you around?" It- no, he- asked. The canine's head whipped around to confirm his guess of who that voice belonged to. Once that person entered Lucario's vision, his grin grew tenfold. It was none other than Jak, or as the Aura Pokemon remembered him, the 'weirdo who turned into a monster and sniffed me but I like him anyway.' He was talking to some strange person whose hair color reminded the canine of his own fur. Even if he didn't know that blue-haired human-looking person, the Aura Pokemon made a dash towards him and Jak.

"Hey, hey, hey! It's nice to see you again!" He shouted after the eco warrior. Lucario's mouth hung open for a second as he realized they hadn't actually introduced themselves to each other; on the other hand, maybe they did, and Lucario just didn't remember it. "Er... I'm sorry, I don't remember your name! Did we meet? I don't think we met." The canine was practically jumping up and down with energy. "Well, I'm Lucario! I was the guy that got his paw broken in the fight with that weird person who had a bunch of metal in him!" It didn't even seem like the Aura Pokemon was breathing between sentences.

Lucario's eyes shot back as another familiar looking thing failed to remain hidden to him, especially since it was trying to catch his attention. It was the friendly beckoning hand of Frank Woods, who Lucario immediately turned to and waved at. "Oh, hey, Mr. Soldier Man! Wait a second! I'm gonna talk with my best buddies over here!" Lucario pointed at Jak and Aoba, despite barely knowing either.

Mentions:
darkred darkred
Mythias Mythias

While he was feeling a little intimidated by Jak, a shout caught his attention and he turned around to find the source of the shout. The next thing Aoba knew, a blue, humanoid canine creature was up in his face. Bewildered and taken by surprise, Aoba quickly leaned his back to the bar counter. Considering that for the last few hours he had been talking to people who were either aggressive or seemingly brooding a lot, the bright energy from the Aura Pokemon was extremely overwhelming. The Pokemon's introduction was not helping Aoba at trying to figure out whom the former was. "Uhhh hi Lucario...?" Aoba waved his hands slowly, trying to keep up with the fast-paced greeting from the Pokemon, but could only catch its name. And what was that about punching a lump of metal?

"And we're best buddies?" Aoba blurted out. He was utterly thrown off by the hyperactivity from the Aura Pokemon, but hesitantly went along with the latter's statement. "So then...how are you today?" He added, attempting to have a slow conversation with the hyperactive Pokemon.

YellowTemperence YellowTemperence

Last edited:
Geralt blinked in confusion. "So you're like a walking megascope too, huh? Robot it is. Whatever that means. Yeah, that's what a golem is. Guess you have them in some way wherever you're from." He watched the images as they played, raising an eyebrow at the size of the creature. If CHEF had fought such a thing, he was definitely not at his full strength right now. "Can't say I've ever seen anything that big."

Henriette giggled at CHEF a bit before answering. "Non, merci, mais nous vous garderons à l'esprit, mon ami!" She set Mercer's drink down in front of him then, with a nod, stepped back. "Excuse me, friends. A customer came in, and we are very busy, so I cannot linger!" She stepped away, heading towards the door.
"I cannot say I know what a megascope is, but based on contextual clues, this unit concludes you're referring to the projection feature of this unit's internal recording hardware" the robot looks up after speaking, watching the performer with a mild curiosity, though nothing close to the other men, seemingly immune to whatever allure she had used on them. he pauses, before defining 'Robot' for its word history "Robot comes from Robota, a Czech word meaning 'Forced Labour'" He pauses for a second, as if only now contemplating the meaning behind this "I am an artificial slave" he says at last, as if explaining it in the bluntest way he could manage​
"As for large foes, my records are mostly still corrupted, until automated system recovery ensures this unit regains all memory logs, I can only provide information on a limited number of enemies I have faced" he pauses, observing the events within the small club, before speaking once more "But indeed, the colossus indeed was the largest golem this unit had ever seen. Its dormant form created a mountain, it was quite a daunting foe to face down, luckily this unit was able to upgrade itself with disposable missile weapons"
View attachment 413784
Detective RIck Phelps
Interacting with: uwupolice uwupolice
Inventory:
-Badge
-.44 Remington Magnum
-Pair of handcuffs

Rick was bored to hell. Millennium City was nothing like Los Angeles. No crazy chases, no shoot-outs, nothing. He wanders around the streets, checking around for some place to chill at. Pocket D. "The bloody fuck is this?" Rick says as he would form a smirk, throwing away his cigarette. He lifts his hat up just to run his hand over his soft, brunette hair. Making his way inside the building, he quickly scans the area, not for trouble but for women. He has to accept the fact that there were none. Frowning, he rests himself down on a seat, ordering a regular Old Crow. As he gulps the shot, he notices a lady nearby. He quickly bangs the glass back onto the counter, then jump up from the seat, slowly approaching the female. Without any words, he sets himself down next to her, slamming his badge onto the table. "Detective Phelps from M.C.P.D." He glances up into her eyes, keeping a straight face while waiting for a response.
Turning its head silently, the robot simply looked at the man, his optics gazing with cold, unfeeling precision. After what felt like an eternity of his gaze remaining fixed on the man, he spoke at last, to Widowmaker at first. "Pistolet à combustion détecté. Je conseillerais la prudence"
He then turns back to Phelps, finally addressing the man "Is there a problem, detective?" he asks, his scanners carefully monitoring the man's heart rate and sweat production.
uwupolice uwupolice Corrosion Corrosion BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 fRick fRick

me-png.413784

Detective Rick Phelps
Interacting with: uwupolice uwupolice DapperDogman DapperDogman BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Inventory:
-Badge
-.44 Remington Magnum
-Pair of handcuffs

Geralt looked up as another man walked up and sat down next to Widowmaker at their table, joining himself, the woman, Alex, and CHEF. The Witcher scowled, the badge and acronym meaning nothing to the man out of time, though the word detective did. "We got a problem, detective? Looking for something? Someone?" He figured, after all, if the man was going to sit at the table with this motley crew, the crew should get a say. Geralt was never a fan of any sort of law, after all, and, if they'd already gotten the attention of it... Well, that wasn't good. One enemy made after another. He looked over at CHEF and Alex. "I can speak for everyone here when I say we're new in town. Don't know a thing about the place."

Geralt really wished he had a sword right now. He really had no recourse if this man was here to start something.

fRick fRick uwupolice uwupolice Corrosion Corrosion DapperDogman DapperDogman

Rick shifts his eyes to the strange looking man, keeping his straight face. He leans forward in his seat, then speaks up on a low voice. "I'm actually lookin' for something. So you're new, eh?" He glances quickly back at Widowmaker. "I'll give it a shot anyway." He picks his badge up that he would stuff back into his pocket. Lifting his hat off, he leans back in the seat again. "So you don't know anything about the incident by the police station?"

"I cannot say I know what a megascope is, but based on contextual clues, this unit concludes you're referring to the projection feature of this unit's internal recording hardware" the robot looks up after speaking, watching the performer with a mild curiosity, though nothing close to the other men, seemingly immune to whatever allure she had used on them. he pauses, before defining 'Robot' for its word history "Robot comes from Robota, a Czech word meaning 'Forced Labour'" He pauses for a second, as if only now contemplating the meaning behind this "I am an artificial slave" he says at last, as if explaining it in the bluntest way he could manage
"As for large foes, my records are mostly still corrupted, until automated system recovery ensures this unit regains all memory logs, I can only provide information on a limited number of enemies I have faced" he pauses, observing the events within the small club, before speaking once more "But indeed, the colossus indeed was the largest golem this unit had ever seen. Its dormant form created a mountain, it was quite a daunting foe to face down, luckily this unit was able to upgrade itself with disposable missile weapons"

Turning its head silently, the robot simply looked at the man, his optics gazing with cold, unfeeling precision. After what felt like an eternity of his gaze remaining fixed on the man, he spoke at last, to Widowmaker at first. "Pistolet à combustion détecté. Je conseillerais la prudence"
He then turns back to Phelps, finally addressing the man "Is there a problem, detective?" he asks, his scanners carefully monitoring the man's heart rate and sweat production.

As Rick waits for their response, he notices the small robot staring at him. His heartrate would slightly increase due to the strange mechanical lad creep. He forms a smile on his face after a staring contest, then replies. "Well, problem here, no. I'm just on an investigation right now." He removes the smirk then would shift his eyes to each one of them.

"I cannot say I know what a megascope is, but based on contextual clues, this unit concludes you're referring to the projection feature of this unit's internal recording hardware" the robot looks up after speaking, watching the performer with a mild curiosity, though nothing close to the other men, seemingly immune to whatever allure she had used on them. he pauses, before defining 'Robot' for its word history "Robot comes from Robota, a Czech word meaning 'Forced Labour'" He pauses for a second, as if only now contemplating the meaning behind this "I am an artificial slave" he says at last, as if explaining it in the bluntest way he could manage​

Geralt frowned a bit. Artificial slave. That was a harsh way to put it. One thing CHEF certainly had over golems and elementals was his intelligence. If he didn't know any better, Geralt would even say that CHEF reminded him of a human in his sentience, but he wasn't sure that a construct could ever achieve that kind of independent thought, so much as whatever thought its creator planted there. "At least you're free now, right?"

CHEF then rattled off several things, none of which meant anything to Geralt. "Honestly, friend, I don't have a clue what you just said, but nice job taking it down, I guess." The Witcher shook his head and took another bite of his food. "If we can get you that strong again, we might just stand a chance. Me, I'm not feeling really all there. Could really use my armor and my swords, if only to make me feel a bit better."
me-png.413784

Detective Rick Phelps
Interacting with: uwupolice uwupolice DapperDogman DapperDogman BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Inventory:
-Badge
-.44 Remington Magnum
-Pair of handcuffs

Rick shifts his eyes to the strange looking man, keeping his straight face. He leans forward in his seat, then speaks up on a low voice. "I'm actually lookin' for something. So you're new, eh?" He glances quickly back at Widowmaker. "I'll give it a shot anyway." He picks his badge up that he would stuff back into his pocket. Lifting his hat off, he leans back in the seat again. "So you don't know anything about the incident by the police station?"

As Rick waits for their response, he notices the small robot staring at him. His heartrate would slightly increase due to the strange mechanical lad creep. He forms a smile on his face after a staring contest, then replies. "Well, problem here, no. I'm just on an investigation right now." He removes the smirk then would shift his eyes to each one of them.

Geralt leaned forward, too, hi bright yellow, cat-like eyes searching Rick's for any hint of hidden motivation. "If I may be blunt, I have no idea what a police station is. I'm going to guess you mean a guard house, or something along those lines; in which case, no. We only just got here. Now, maybe, just maybe I heard something, but it'd take something pretty serious to jog my memory."

Wulfrik watched the table closely, across the room.

fRick fRick DapperDogman DapperDogman Corrosion Corrosion uwupolice uwupolice

744.jpg

Mood: It's Happy Hour
Vault Boy had decided to start drinking. He never had that much alcohol before, but there was times he drank. These were one of those times. As he was drinking he looked around. It seemed the bar had many different customers, and Vault Boy drcided he should talk to some.

He decided to go to the blue haired boy with the weird...alien thing? He decided to walk over to them and smiled. "Uh, hello. My name is Vault Boy. I just decided to introduce my self and talk to you folks. I uh just arrived to this city. How long have you guys been here?" Vault Boy asked. He hoped these people would be more kind to him.

Mythias Mythias
darkred darkred

View attachment 413909

Lucario

Though Lucario's ears were overloaded with incoming noise, he was somehow able to distinguish each and every conversation. He was looking for voices he could feel at peace around, even if this entire place piqued his curiosity- heavily so, even. Still, there were some mysteriously suspicious people lurking around in the building. His stomach kind of turned in knots thinking about interrupting one of their apparently important conversations...

A familiar voice was fast to catch his attention. "In either case, who are you? I've never seen you around?" It- no, he- asked. The canine's head whipped around to confirm his guess of who that voice belonged to. Once that person entered Lucario's vision, his grin grew tenfold. It was none other than Jak, or as the Aura Pokemon remembered him, the 'weirdo who turned into a monster and sniffed me but I like him anyway.' He was talking to some strange person whose hair color reminded the canine of his own fur. Even if he didn't know that blue-haired human-looking person, the Aura Pokemon made a dash towards him and Jak.

"Hey, hey, hey! It's nice to see you again!" He shouted after the eco warrior. Lucario's mouth hung open for a second as he realized they hadn't actually introduced themselves to each other; on the other hand, maybe they did, and Lucario just didn't remember it. "Er... I'm sorry, I don't remember your name! Did we meet? I don't think we met." The canine was practically jumping up and down with energy. "Well, I'm Lucario! I was the guy that got his paw broken in the fight with that weird person who had a bunch of metal in him!" It didn't even seem like the Aura Pokemon was breathing between sentences.

Lucario's eyes shot back as another familiar looking thing failed to remain hidden to him, especially since it was trying to catch his attention. It was the friendly beckoning hand of Frank Woods, who Lucario immediately turned to and waved at. "Oh, hey, Mr. Soldier Man! Wait a second! I'm gonna talk with my best buddies over here!" Lucario pointed at Jak and Aoba, despite barely knowing either.

Mentions:
darkred darkred
Mythias Mythias

1521404036231.png

Jak turned toward the familiar voice until he noticed Lucario and his emotions quickly turned from confused to a grin. "Hey, well look who it is. Good to see you, Lucario. You seem excited to see me. " The eco warrior turned from his conversation and noticed a younger boy slightly smaller than him in height.

"Hey, you must be new. Haven't seen you before." His eyes wandered down and then back at Lucario.

"Someone new just joined us."

Jak nodded and eyed Lucario for a second and then looked back at Vault boy, sipping his beer. He didn't care if it was underage drinking or not but he was 18 and he did it anyway.

"So welcome to Millenium City. That much I can say. By the way, I'm Jak or you can call me by my real name, Mar. This over here is Lucario. "

Aoba Seragaki
Interacting: FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla darkred darkred YellowTemperence YellowTemperence Nightwisher Nightwisher
tumblr_ny188dTYhc1uo75r5o3_250.gif

As he listened to Woods' story, Aoba found himself cringing a little bit on the inside from the gory details. "Yeah I don't think I was alive by then." Aoba nodded frantically, although the army man's story threw him off completely. He didn't doubt the legitimacy of Woods' anecdote, but if it was true, then how did the army man get transported to the current time if he was right in the middle of a war that happened so many decades ago? Scratching his head, Aoba was trying to make sense of the story. Although he had only just came to this place, Aoba could already sense something off about Millennium City.

And for a moment, Aoba even doubted his own story on how he got here. Even though he had only spoken to Handsome Jack and Woods properly as of right now, it seemed that everyone had arrived here without even knowing it. Amnesia was something that Aoba was familiar with, as he had a pretty severe one after a certain accident that left him to a point where he couldn't remember anything at all. Luckily, he had recovered all these memories but it wasn't something that Aoba wanted another one of.

"I see, sorry about that." Aoba replied back at Shilo, who had answered that she never head anyone call her Agent Shilo. The air around the two felt a bit stranger in comparison to the ruggedness that seeped out from the conversations that he had with Handsome Jack and Woods. There was a bit more playful atmosphere when he was talking to Shilo, though he did not think too much about it and treated their conversation as just friendly chatter.

The alcohol that was within is system was beginning to subside, so Aoba was able to concentrate a little bit on his words. "And that's cool." Aoba smiled back at Shilo. "I just had a glass of their fruit cocktail, it was pretty good actually. Otherwise I can't give any more recommendations since I don't drink."

He chuckled a little at his words. "Also to answer your question, I've been doing great." Aoba grinned again. "This place so far has been pretty great. I should come here often actually."

Nightwisher Nightwisher

"Oh they are?" Aoba blurted out unintentionally after the long-eared kid mentioned the latter's ears are real, before covering his mouth in embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean any offense."

He could feel his blood rushing to his cheeks and facepalmed. Aoba wasn't exactly socially awkward, but sometimes he has his own mind blanks that like to show up at the worst of times. "Uh huh I see..." He nodded a few times after Jak said that his long-ears were common back at where he came from. That just made Aoba even more confused. What the fuck is going on here? Millennium City definitely did not seem like it was from planet Earth just like he had mentioned before. Aoba patted his cheeks to shake off those ominous thoughts, and dissipated them with logic. If this city wasn't on Earth then there would be no way for me to even set foot on here.

"Oh and my name is Aoba." Aoba realised that Jak had asked who he was, so he quickly responded, though he could hear the anger in Jak's words. I definitely pissed him off.

darkred darkred

While he was feeling a little intimidated by Jak, a shout caught his attention and he turned around to find the source of the shout. The next thing Aoba knew, a blue, humanoid canine creature was up in his face. Bewildered and taken by surprise, Aoba quickly leaned his back to the bar counter. Considering that for the last few hours he had been talking to people who were either aggressive or seeming brooding a lot, the bright energy from the Aura Pokemon was extremely overwhelming. The Pokemon's introduction was not helping Aoba at trying to figure out whom the former was. "Uhhh hi Lucario...?" Aoba waved his hands slowly, trying to keep up with the fast-paced greeting from the Pokemon, but could only catch its name. And what was that about punching a lump of metal?

"And we're best buddies?" Aoba blurted out. He was utterly thrown off by the hyperactivity from the Aura Pokemon, but hesitantly went along with the latter's statement. "So then...how are you today?" He added, attempting to have a slow conversation with the hyperactive Pokemon.

Jak's anger seemed to get ahead of himself sometimes, and he cleared his throat and sighed "Yeah, it's a completely odd trait I have. Millenium City can be odd. He didn't often like to mention his darker side but he did mention it offhandedly.

"That odd robot was annoying to fight even if he had good intentions."

Mythias Mythias

Mythias Mythias
A Common Man A Common Man
"

• formal_wilson_bar.png

Wilson gave the waitress--Corinne, was it?--an understanding nod as he placed his finger under 'Fruit Crepes' on the menu, before tapping on the table with his index precisely twice - a gesture that meant 'thank you' in Hong Kong, from what he heard. Whether she understood it or not was not of the scientist's concern.
    "Two years, five months, and 16 days, Maxwell."

"Two years. Five months. 16 days."

"TWO YEARS, FIVE MONTHS, AND 16 DAYS. I counted every single second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and year in that forsaken hell. And that was ALL because of your... Your... Your aimless schemes!"
    Higgsbury barked, pressing his finger against the magician's chest. His steady breathing morphed and contorted into heavy panting, like the huffs and puffs of a car's exhaust. His eyes, sharp as knives, digging into Maxwell's soul like the blade of a vengeful spirit. His empty glass began to show signs of breakage under the pressure of his fingers, Percival's pent-up anger tainting the moods of all those around him. Like the cup he tightly clenched in his fist, Wilson began to crack.
    Despite the ruckus Kanye caused, however, he remained as equally oblivious of his surroundings as he was bursting with fury towards his former captor. This, too, included the booming stomps of the colossal Wulfrik, whose size went--pun not intended--completely over Wilson's head. Briefly, that is.
    "Stay out of thi--" Higgsbury, quite luckily for, well, himself, caught his tongue before the volume of his voice reached its peak. He let out an anxious gulp, slowly turning his head to face the towering northman, his expression agape in intimidation, if not absolute terror.
    "W-We're just discussing... Uhh... Personal matters." He stretched an awkward, goofy grin, biting the corner of his lips as the giant's grasp on both his and frail, ol' Maxwell's shoulders grew tighter and tighter by the millisecond.
    "Sorry to have caused such a-a commotion, hehe." Wilson murmured, sweat trickling down his temple.

lucario happy.png

Lucario

Lucario's grin grew tenfold as he heard Aoba introduce himself to Jak. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Aoba! Hi, hi, hello!" He took Aoba's hand and vigorously shook it in response to Aoba's clearly confused reply. Lucario didn't even do so much as stumble when Aoba asked the question of "And we're best buddies?" The canine had heard that quite often back on his world, and no matter how rudely someone would ask, he'd always just roll his eyes and respond just as energetically as he always was.

"Of course we are, silly! Have you tried to kill me yet?" Lucario crossed his arms and pretended to pout, but his smile was giving the act away. "Then you're fine with me!"

"So then...how are you today?" Aoba had asked the Aura Pokemon. Lucario merely uncrossed his arms and chuckled. "Well, I've nearly died a few times today and went insane, but apart from that, it's just a normal day for me!" The canine replied with a shrug. He didn't feel bugged about what had happened with the buggy anymore, for some reason. Lucario felt elated to just be around other people. Talking about losing his mind carried so little weight it felt trivial to him at the moment.

"Good to see you, Lucario. You seem excited to see me," Jak had said to the Aura Pokemon from the side. Lucario turned to look at the eco warrior with happiness frozen on his face.

"Oh, yeah! This is the first time we've seen each other without some weird soldier guy or alien attacking us! It's so nice to see you!" Lucario looked like he was going to continue on the conversation, but Jak and someone else cut him off before he continued.

Jak's statement combined with the newcomer's introduction caused Lucario's arms to shoot to his sides and his grin to fade on instinct, on guard for one of the more threatening-looking folks to have walked up to the small group. Instead, Lucario's muscles lost their tension and his smirk returned once the newcomer's appearance registered in his mind. A cartoon-y blonde boy... how could the Aura Pokemon even think about fighting him?

"Uh, hello. My name is Vault Boy. I just decided to introduce my self and talk to you folks. I uh just arrived to this city. How long have you guys been here?" The boy asked.

"We're pretty new here, too!" Lucario leaned forward and placed his paw to the side of his mouth to bring his voice's volume down to a whisper. "I'd even say we know as much as you do about this place." He winked as he pulled away from Vault Boy. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you too, Vault Boy!"

Throughout this, though, Lucario was able to hear Shilo's soft and brief giggling. He turned and gave her a smile before she walked off after Frank, the action of which caused Lucario's expression to waver. Where exactly were they going...? Lucario's body was turned towards Vault Boy still, but he was looking out of the corner of his eye at Shilo and Frank.

Mentions:
Mythias Mythias
darkred darkred
Nightwisher Nightwisher

Aoba Seragaki
Interacting: darkred darkred YellowTemperence YellowTemperence A Common Man A Common Man

0b84f7b04763404aa2053de5df989a341195d5c1_00.gif

744.jpg

Mood: It's Happy Hour
Vault Boy had decided to start drinking. He never had that much alcohol before, but there was times he drank. These were one of those times. As he was drinking he looked around. It seemed the bar had many different customers, and Vault Boy drcided he should talk to some.

He decided to go to the blue haired boy with the weird...alien thing? He decided to walk over to them and smiled. "Uh, hello. My name is Vault Boy. I just decided to introduce my self and talk to you folks. I uh just arrived to this city. How long have you guys been here?" Vault Boy asked. He hoped these people would be more kind to him.

Mythias Mythias
darkred darkred

While he trying to come to terms with the sudden mood change in his conversation, another person approached Aoba. Taking his attention, Aoba turned to meet the eyes of a blond-haired man. Even though he has only encountered two entities so far that didn't look exactly "human", Aoba was relieved to see someone who actually looked like an average human being. "Oh hi Vault Boy." Aoba gave a quick wave towards Vault Boy. The man seemed friendly enough, and was not nearly as hyperactive as Lucario, so Aoba calmed down a little bit from the energetic or otherwise very blunt chatter that he had with other patrons of Pocket D. "My name is Aoba. Nice to meet you!"

Aoba offered his hand to Vault Boy for the latter to shake. By the time that he had offered this gesture, Aoba realised that it was the first time that he had offered his hand to anyone since stepping foot into this club. Guess I'm comfortable now that there are more friendly people here. "I had also just arrived at this city, so I am in the same situation as you. But how are you doing today?" Aoba added, trying to continue a conversation with the same friendly and relaxed tone that Vault Boy had when the latter was greeting him.

Jak's anger seemed to get ahead of himself sometimes, and he cleared his throat and sighed "Yeah, it's a completely odd trait I have. Millenium City can be odd. He didn't often like to mention his darker side but he did mention it offhandedly.

"That odd robot was annoying to fight even if he had good intentions."

"Robots?" Aoba tilted his head and raised his right eyebrow in even more confusion. Judging by the tone that Jak spoke in when recounting the latter's experience, he doubted that the robot was anything like an AllMate back at Midorijima. In fact, the long-eared boy made it sound like the robot was extremely hostile. But what is a gigantic robot doing anywhere near Millennium City? Considering that the club had people that had ridiculously long ears, a bipedal canine creature thing, a blue-skinned woman, an army man who apparently came right out of the Vietnam War and other "colourful" entities, Aoba wasn't exactly surprised at Jak's anecdote. If anything, Jak made it sound like an attacking robot wreaking havoc in Millennium City was just another Tuesday evening. I wonder what else am I missing out on.

"The Robot had good intentions? You made it sound like the robot was trying to kill you." Aoba replied, questioning the validity of Jak's story despite not doubting any of the details. "I'm sorry I'm completely lost with your story, can you start from the beginning if that is okay with you?" Aoba found himself scratching his head again whilst smiling nervously. He could that the long-eared kid was still angry, so Aoba tried to make sure Jak didn't lost his marbles again.

View attachment 414254

Lucario

Lucario's grin grew tenfold as he heard Aoba introduce himself to Jak. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Aoba! Hi, hi, hello!" He took Aoba's hand and vigorously shook it in response to Aoba's clearly confused reply. Lucario didn't even do so much as stumble when Aoba asked the question of "And we're best buddies?" The canine had heard that quite often back on his world, and no matter how rudely someone would ask, he'd always just roll his eyes and respond just as energetically as he always was.

"Of course we are, silly! Have you tried to kill me yet?" Lucario crossed his arms and pretended to pout, but his smile was giving the act away. "Then you're fine with me!"

"So then...how are you today?" Aoba had asked the Aura Pokemon. Lucario merely uncrossed his arms and chuckled. "Well, I've nearly died a few times today and went insane, but apart from that, it's just a normal day for me!" The canine replied with a shrug. He didn't feel bugged about what had happened with the buggy anymore, for some reason. Lucario felt elated to just be around other people. Talking about losing his mind carried so little weight it felt trivial to him at the moment.

"Good to see you, Lucario. You seem excited to see me," Jak had said to the Aura Pokemon from the side. Lucario turned to look at the eco warrior with happiness frozen on his face.

"Oh, yeah! This is the first time we've seen each other without some weird soldier guy or alien attacking us! It's so nice to see you!" Lucario looked like he was going to continue on the conversation, but Jak and someone else cut him off before he continued.

Jak's statement combined with the newcomer's introduction caused Lucario's arms to shoot to his sides and his grin to fade on instinct, on guard for one of the more threatening-looking folks to have walked up to the small group. Instead, Lucario's muscles lost their tension and his smirk returned once the newcomer's appearance registered in his mind. A cartoon-y blonde boy... how could the Aura Pokemon even think about fighting him?

"Uh, hello. My name is Vault Boy. I just decided to introduce my self and talk to you folks. I uh just arrived to this city. How long have you guys been here?" The boy asked.

"We're pretty new here, too!" Lucario leaned forward and placed his paw to the side of his mouth to bring his voice's volume down to a whisper. "I'd even say we know as much as you do about this place." He winked as he pulled away from Vault Boy. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you too, Vault Boy!"

Throughout this, though, Lucario was able to hear Shilo's soft and brief giggling. He turned and gave her a smile before she walked off after Frank, the action of which caused Lucario's expression to waver. Where exactly were they going...? Lucario's body was turned towards Vault Boy still, but he was looking out of the corner of his eye at Shilo and Frank.

"Mr Aoba??" Aoba was dumbfounded by Lucario's formal speech to a point where the former had lost his composure for a few seconds. "J-Just call me Aob---WOAH WOAH WOAH"

Before he could even finish the last syllable of his four-letter name, Aoba's hands were quickly seized by Lucario, who shook his hands so vigorously Aoba thought his arms were going to rip away from his body. The intense momentum was nearly shaking his entire body, too, so Aoba desperately clung onto the bar stool with his legs so he didn't slip off his seat and cause an embarrassing scene for himself.

"You're going to snap my arms!!" Aoba yelled while his arms were being thrown up and down by the Aura Pokemon, in which the former yelled so loud nearly everyone else in Pocket D were staring at their vicinity. Even though Aoba didn't catch everyone's facial expressions, he still felt embarrassed by his screaming, and blood rushed to his cheeks again. When the Pokemon finally stopped shaking his arms like a slinky, Aoba exhaled dramatically, rolling out his shoulders and stretching his arms trying to recover from the force that his limbs had taken.

"Well I guess that's one way to look at it." Aoba sighed at Lucario's words that the former hadn't thought about killing the Pokemon. Not like he wanted to anyway, since Lucario hasn't done anything that would harm Aoba in any way. Besides, he barely knows the entity "And what do you mean you nearly died a few times?"

Aoba started at the Pokemon's description of his day. He eyes had widen again in pure shock. "What the hell was everyone doing here? And that's a normal day for you?!" Now Aoba's embarrassment over his shouting was overtaken by genuine concern for Lucario, and by extension, Jak as well. What the fuck was happening here?. Right now, Aoba could feel a tingling at his temple area, but it was negligible enough for him to not completely distract his thoughts. However, it was still worrying Aoba to the core. Seemingly everyone except for him came here via unnatural means or had just gazed into the eyes of death. Now he was really doubting his story that he had came here for a "holiday."

Maybe Millennium City wasn't safe after all.

Mood: Still Happy Hour
Interactions: Mythias Mythias YellowTemperence YellowTemperence darkred darkred

Vault Boy smiled and listened as the weird alien thing introduced himself as Jak, and introduced someone called Lucario. Vault Boy turned to look around and noticed the blue...weird alien thing? "Nice to meet you too. But yeah, this place seems pretty wild." Vault Boy said with a chuckle.

When did the weird blue thing even come here? I swear weird blue alien thing was not here before. Vault Boy thought. Vault Boy also waved at the blue haird boy. Oh so that's Lucario. Vault Boy thought. He then raised his eyes a bit when the blue haired boy mentioned his name was Aoba. If he is Aoba and the weird alien thing is Jak, then who is Lucario? Vault Boy thought.

He was a bit too drunk to know the weird blue thing was Lucario."So how are you folks doing so far?" Vault Boy asked.

efa40bb979021c86d7496cc82ade13e0.png
Again with the shoving and shouting "Higgsbur-" Maxwell stopped before he could even come up with a retort for Wilson's hostility he felt a large hand grab hold of his shoulder. The magician's breath hitched in an instant and he started to sweat slightly despite feeling a chill. While turning around was most likely a bad idea, not turning around seemed like a worse idea.
Maxwell looked to see the hulking figure of Wulfrik, almost dropping his cigar in the moment. While he hadn't said anything he saw what he'd done with the disruptive patron moments ago and he had no intention of ending up like that fellow. Wilson looked equally if not more terrified of being grabbed out of the blue. "Yes personal matters like he said..." Maxwell spoke quickly. He cleared his throat and hoped that was enough to satisfy the bar owner. "In fact since drinks are on the house I think i'll order some wine..." he turned to the bartender "A glass of Rosé please." Maxwell turned his attention back to Wulfrik "See, I have no intention of causing any trouble here my good man, unsure about others of course."Maxwell's glance flickered to Wilson.

Haz. Haz. BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 @/Anyonelese

• Woods sighed and shook his head as he listened to Aoba. At the kid's questioning about "not having a job", the Marine sighed once more as his thoughts drifted to the train station and the possibility that he did shoot his best friend Mason before ending up on that train. To get rid of any possibility of him losing his shit, the soldier took a second puff of his cigar, remaining silent for a little bit before addressing the blue boy.

"I mean, I don't fuckin' belong here. One minute, I get my legs blown off at some kinda dock yard, and the next thing I know I wake up on one of those weird civilian trains like it never happened. And if you ask me, I don't think anyone else here was fighting in the Vietnam War last I checked," The black-haired man grunted as he turned to rest his arms on the table as he blew more smoke out from his mouth. When the talking dog made a less-than-inconspicuous entrance, he visibly blanched- however, he still waved towards the animal like he belonged with the group.

"Hey, kid, glad to see ya here," The CIA agent replied to Agent Saga as she approached the mini-ensemble, but winced as he realized that he had inadvertently called her "kid"- hopefully she wouldn't take it the wrong way. Regardless, he listened to her before taking note of her first name- something she didn't want to divulge earlier.

"Shilo, huh..?" The blue-eyed man muttered under his breath near-inaudibly, but didn't really address that. Instead, he simply continued on speaking to Shilo.

"Glad to see you here; this city just seems to be full of surprises if you ask me," The Master Sergeant nonchalantly pointed out, just as Jak also came in and joined the ever-growing misfits.

"Would ya look at that? Looks like everyone's still alive from fighting that freakface at the warehouse," The S.O.G. agent declared- part serious, part in good humor- as Maxwell thanked him for the smokes and noted their high quality.

"Heh, you tell me- in 'Nam you'd be lucky to catch a five-minute break," Frank added just before Wilson began to have a hissy fit. The USMC soldier seemed to quickly tense up, clenching his fists, just before a second jerkoff waltzed in and hit the poor waitress- as if two escalating customers weren't enough. The soldier's ice blue eyes seemed to form daggers alongside his scowl. He nearly pulled out his M16A1 before deciding against it, instead snagging a large steak knife and an empty whiskey bottle, like something in his brain had snapped- a switch within him comparative to the safety on a gun had pretty much went off.

"Do it again, you li'l shithead, I dare you..." Frank growled, loud enough for the people around him to hear it but not loud enough for Kanye. If they were paying attention, they could almost literally see him begin to formulate just how he was going to carve the rude bastard up if he tried something stupid.

tumblr_mnvu2uiCtM1stalaro1_400.gif

Luckily, the bouncer came along and seemed to deal with the asshole at the door. Frank relaxed a little bit, but didn't completely do so- he still remained a bit rigid, like he still expected trouble. But the singing woman helped in getting rid of his last thoughts of the jerk, instead replacing it with hints of curiousity. He raised an eyebrow whilst he took a puff, letting the female run her finger along him- all the while watching her carefully. After catching her gesture to the backstage, Frank got up to leave with his cigar before catching the bartender's increasing frustration.

To help try and de-escalate the tension between Wilson and Maxwell, Woods pushed the tray of cigars towards the former, nodding towards him as a gesture to grab a cigar.

"You heard her- take one, they ain't too bad for smokes made under Fidel Castro's nose," Frank added, before digging for some cash in his pockets. He was successful in yanking out a $50, and put it on the table for the bartender to take.

"Yeah, thanks. I'll be back, but in the meantime consider it my 'payment' for everyone else," Woods replied, moving towards the backstage. As he did so, he suspiciously watched Alex for any trouble- all the while trying to covertly catch Agent Saga's eye to get her to possibly tag along. After all, he didn't trust Mercer so much...

~Shilo Saga~
Interactions: Aoba ( Mythias Mythias ), Frank Woods ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla ), and Jak ( darkred darkred ), open/anyone
Mentions: Maxwell ( ManyFaces ManyFaces ), Wilson Higgsbury ( Haz. Haz. ), Lucario ( YellowTemperence YellowTemperence ), Kanye ( Ellya Ellya ), The Singer ( BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 )

Shilo narrowed her eyes a bit when she heard Woods call her "kid." She turned her head toward him, an eyebrow arched as she met his gaze wit her teal one. She was obviously younger than the man, though she didn't feel as if she would consider herself a child compared to him. "Yes, 'Shilo'," the assassin whispered to Woods as she had had her attention on him as he murmured under his breath and had caught him, though she wasn't about to just call him out, thus her whisper back. "Not 'kid'," there was a bit of playful teasing in her voice, but at the same time there was just a bit of an undertone of "try me." She wasn't so much offended by his slip of the tongue, but had never had anyone since she was sixteen feel so unthreatened by her that they had felt they could say such a thing to her, that she wasn't quite sure how she should react to it. However, the assassin couldn't dwell on that for too long as another familiar face introduced himself. "Hey, Jak!" Shilo greeted the eco-warrior as he approached, she was rather surprised to see him without Delsin or Baiken, but that wasn't really a huge deal. After all, he clearly had agency. She watched as Aoba turned his attention to Jak, smirking a bit in amusement at the obvious look of wonder and confusion on his face at the sight of the eco-warrior. However, Shilo, who had positioned herself in such a way that she could see the entrance of the club, noticed the doors open and a familiar figure enter. The blue canine, Lucario, looked excited which was only proven by the "yip" that he gave. She couldn't help but give a gentle giggle at the sound and the sight, though the sound of her own laughter was so fake to her, though it wouldn't be to others, that it pulled her from the moment and back to the group around her.

The raven haired woman looked back to the man who was apparently named Maxwell and Higgsbury as the latter started to cough. She looked between them, picking up the aggressive tone in Wilson's words. As this didn't concern her, however, Shilo decided to turn her attention to the man who had just laid his hands on the waitress, her hand immediately went to her left thigh, her hand grasping around thin air. "Fuck," she murmured. Normally, she had a Bowie knife resting in a sheath on her leg, however, as all weapons but her wrist blades were gone, so her action had been ultimately useless. Normally, the assassin would have already been up and making sure the man was shown exactly what happened if that sort of thing happened in her presence, but luckily for the Kanye, others got involved first. Shilo hadn't even noticed that Woods had reacted similarly until she forced her attention, yet again, back to the table, in time to watch the attractive singer walk off the stage to run her hands across the men.

The assassin couldn't have cared less about the woman touching the men, or even calling for them to follow her, she did tense when she thought, for a moment, that the singer would also touch her. Luckily, she did not. Shilo watched as Woods stood to follow the woman back stage along with the other men, not hesitating when she caught Frank's gaze. The raven hair woman got to her feet and walked after the marine almost as if it had been planned, flashing a look out of the corner of her eye as she stepped into place by his left side. "I wasn't exactly invited to this, but sure," she murmured to him under her breath. Shilo had lost the playful edge she'd had, resorting back to a more neutral sort of self, like she had been when she first came to the city, however, she did stick slightly closer to Woods than before, knowing full well that he was her most likely ally if anything were to happen.

Shilo and Frank followed the singer as she went backstage, the band on stage resuming playing as the woman finished her song. She pushed the red curtain 'door' out of the way, revealing even more space to the already impossibly large interior of the building. On the other side, an array of performers and servers darted around, some seeming to get ready to go up, some coming out of makeup or extravagant clothes, like they'd recently finished performing. She walked on, only occasionally looking over her shoulder to see who was following. She smiled playfully, even shooting Shilo a coquettish look at one point.

Eventually, the trio wound up at a doorway. The plaque on the door simply read 'Jeannette.' She opened the door, and stepped inside. Assuming the two of them followed, they would find themselves in what must have been a dressing room. A rather large one, at that, filled with assorted dresses hanging on racks, with a mirror against the far wall. She leaned against a table across the room, seeming to have covered a nearly impossible amount of ground in the brief moment they lost sight of her.

She stood and moved towards the middle of the room. "Bonjour mes amis. Hello, my friends." She flashed them a smile, revealing her teeth, something she hadn't done before; her canines were abnormally large and sharp, though not quite to the point of being fangs. "I am Jeannette. The owner's wife. You probably saw him out there, dealing with that particularly rowdy man who interrupted my performance. Very rude." She looked at Shilo. "I'm sure you understand. It's not polite to interrupt a lady."

As each of them blinked, she was gone, though Frank shortly felt a hand placed on his shoulder. He could probably see her painted raid nails in his peripheral view. "I have a task for you and your lady friend here, and some of those strapping men out there. I'm willing to pay you for it; I already got Wulfy's permission." She ran her hand along Frank's arm as she stepped around him, then tracing his collarbone. She leaned in next to his hear and whispered what she said next directly into it. Being this close to her had an oddly intoxicating effect, like her very presence was affecting one's mind. "I'd tell you more, but I need to know you're in first."

Nightwisher Nightwisher FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla
  • View attachment 414102

Wilson gave the waitress--Corinne, was it?--an understanding nod as he placed his finger under 'Fruit Crepes' on the menu, before tapping on the table with his index precisely twice - a gesture that meant 'thank you' in Hong Kong, from what he heard. Whether she understood it or not was not of the scientist's concern.
    "Two years, five months, and 16 days, Maxwell."

"Two years. Five months. 16 days."

"TWO YEARS, FIVE MONTHS, AND 16 DAYS. I counted every single second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and year in that forsaken hell. And that was ALL because of your... Your... Your aimless schemes!"
    Higgsbury barked, pressing his finger against the magician's chest. His steady breathing morphed and contorted into heavy panting, like the huffs and puffs of a car's exhaust. His eyes, sharp as knives, digging into Maxwell's soul like the blade of a vengeful spirit. His empty glass began to show signs of breakage under the pressure of his fingers, Percival's pent-up anger tainting the moods of all those around him. Like the cup he tightly clenched in his fist, Wilson began to crack.
    Despite the ruckus Kanye caused, however, he remained as equally oblivious of his surroundings as he was bursting with fury towards his former captor. This, too, included the booming stomps of the colossal Wulfrik, whose size went--pun not intended--completely over Wilson's head. Briefly, that is.
    "Stay out of thi--" Higgsbury, quite luckily for, well, himself, caught his tongue before the volume of his voice reached its peak. He let out an anxious gulp, slowly turning his head to face the towering northman, his expression agape in intimidation, if not absolute terror.
    "W-We're just discussing... Uhh... Personal matters." He stretched an awkward, goofy grin, biting the corner of his lips as the giant's grasp on both his and frail, ol' Maxwell's shoulders grew tighter and tighter by the millisecond.
    "Sorry to have caused such a-a commotion, hehe." Wilson murmured, sweat trickling down his temple.

efa40bb979021c86d7496cc82ade13e0.png
Again with the shoving and shouting "Higgsbur-" Maxwell stopped before he could even come up with a retort for Wilson's hostility he felt a large hand grab hold of his shoulder. The magician's breath hitched in an instant and he started to sweat slightly despite feeling a chill. While turning around was most likely a bad idea, not turning around seemed like a worse idea.
Maxwell looked to see the hulking figure of Wulfrik, almost dropping his cigar in the moment. While he hadn't said anything he saw what he'd done with the disruptive patron moments ago and he had no intention of ending up like that fellow. Wilson looked equally if not more terrified of being grabbed out of the blue. "Yes personal matters like he said..." Maxwell spoke quickly. He cleared his throat and hoped that was enough to satisfy the bar owner. "In fact since drinks are on the house I think i'll order some wine..." he turned to the bartender "A glass of Rosé please." Maxwell turned his attention back to Wulfrik "See, I have no intention of causing any trouble here my good man, unsure about others of course."Maxwell's glance flickered to Wilson.

Haz. Haz. BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 @/Anyonelese

Wulfrik's grip began to loosen a bit. "Personal matters. I see. Well, if it's to come to anything, take it outside; I'll not have anything disrupting the mood in my restaurant. Remember, drinks and food are free for first timers. Enjoy yourself! Lighten up!" Wulfrik smacked Wilson on the back, the blow unintentionally a thunderous strike that would probably leave a nasty bruise. Well. Probably unintentionally, anyways. "People call me Wulfrik the Wanderer. The World Walker. The Inescapable. You can call me Wulf, though. I own this joint." He gave their shoulders another squeeze, though this one seemed a bit more friendly, albeit still rough. "Let me know if you need anything. Like seats away from each other."

ManyFaces ManyFaces Haz. Haz.

• Frank didn’t say anything, but he could see that Shilo was internally preparing for whatever trouble lay ahead. He was on guard, too- after all, the random singer had exclusively wanted him and that hooded mutant only- the latter having not heeded, rather allowing the more trustworthy Agent Saga to come with Woods. The Master Sergeant moved slower, getting both of them out of earshot from the singer, before speaking- his voice was a soft hiss compared to the ambience.

"I don't know what she could be planning. Be on your guard." The CIA operative murmured towards Shilo, not looking towards the black-haired female but instead reaching towards his Colt M16 due to second nature- if all else fails, shoot the issue till it’s gone.

But due to his falling back, he was hard-pressed to keep moving through the backstage, needing to walk a tad faster to keep up. When the singer gave Shilo a “smile”, he simply wrinkled his nose with hints of disdain, yet said nothing about it.

When the trio reached the singer’s little room, Frank took a split-second to read the sign. 'Jeannette', huh? His face split into a frown, although only for a brief period, before realizing she had moved from the door to the table extremely quickly- like he just had a period of amnesia. He kind of longed for his cigar back at the bar, as it could have come in handy to keep his cool. Alas, it was too late for that- oh well.

As Jeannette spoke, the American neither spoke nor moved- hiding his emotions behind the steely gaze of a battle-hardened Marine.

He wanted to scoff at the coincidental idea that this Jeannette was married to the owner, who was the 'bouncer' that had smacked that asshole earlier, but continued his listening session as much as he hated being quiet. After all, Millennium seemed to be a world without rules or laws of nature or whatever.

Any of his remaining thoughts were put on ice as the woman unnaturally... teleported from in front of the pair to behind, putting her hand on his shoulder. The S.O.G. agent hid the chill he got from the female’s soft touch, and attempted to stay still.

But the more Jeannette traced her hand along his arm- over his Marine tatoos- he found it harder and harder to suppress his feelings. But he remained steadfast- he wasn’t one to give in so easily, unlike the average commoner.

But when she whispered into his ear, he felt all the feelings and thoughts from the dock pop back up. Hudson, Mason, and that helplessness- all at once. It took all of his willpower to hold back all the fucking shit rushing through his mind, and he kept his sturdiness for a few extra moments to try and formulate a response to match Jeannette. His only sign of his thoughts- and potential insanity- was his lip twitching more and more; Shilo would probably see this, but he didn’t address the girl.

"Well, that'd depend on what we're doing. Can't carry out orders without having any Intel in the first place," Frank replied with a relatively calm tone. However, his mouth still quivered slightly, and his ice blue eyes seemed to waver like he was somewhat unsure.

"If you want me to clean up the trash around here- y'know, the wannabe criminals- I could do that. But if you're going to ask me to wipe out a random innocent or two just for cash, then don't bother asking me- nothing's gonna get me to do that shit." The Marine finished, allowing Agent Saga to throw in her own opinion.

Last edited:
The sounds of a loud locomotive transport can be heard in the station, the sounds of heavy pistons and engines at works, pulling cars of metal along and industrial speeds, and then the squealing of brakes as the train pulls into the station, the shake of the sudden change in speed awakening Them as they lurch forward slightly. Them, not being a normal person but and outsider of this city and world with no name or memory to call their own. They were a alien creature, blue skinned and with no recognizable genus or creature relation, who were woken up from a hazy stupor by the sudden arrival of the train.

They looked around warily and got up, shaking off the dizziness and feeling of oddity that they felt and with that they clambered off the train, reawakening their body and forcing it to move, their body making sense of things better than their mind which seemed to be a few steps behind...

'Where Am I..? What is this place..? How'd I get here..? Who am I...'

Their questions continued, they had no knowledge to help them or grant them any knowledge and they pulled themselves out of their disorientation they began to explore, confused, lost, and alone they explored their new enviorment with a biting instinct telling them to find somewhere warm, quiet, dark, and safe, away from the eyes of the masses. They began to walk the streets, observing, exploring, continuing onwards... Then they heard music... they followed it, and soon they found themselves at the door to "Pocket D," And then they entered.

~Shilo Saga~
Interactions: Frank Woods ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla ) and Jeannette ( BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 )
Mentions:

Shilo didn't look at Woods either, knowing that any means of communication that seemed secret could lead to suspicion and possibly a dangerous situation. She was glad that he felt the need to communicate with her like that, but it was odd for her to not be close enough with someone she considered an ally to have to communicate the obviously simple things. Nonetheless, it was progress and Shilo would take it. She noticed, however, that he had reached for something on his person, just a slight movement, obviously getting ready for self defense. The assassin gently curled her fingers toward her palm, the tip of her middle finger gently resting against the hidden metal trigger that rested underneath her glove, ready to unsheathe the weapon she kept hidden from sight if the situation called for it. The raven haired woman had a feeling they wouldn't, but it was still always better to be safe rather than sorry.

The Singer led them to the back room, where other performers seemed to be greeting ready or cooling down from their performances, waiters bustled back and forth, making sure the entertainment was taking care of. The vision of it all seemed to recall a memory from the young woman, the way that she let her gaze stay on a dark haired women with pale skin a little longer than the others. However, she quickly pulled herself away from her thoughts, looking back at their leader in time to catch the face that she gave her. Shilo looked up at Frank, giving a gentle chuckle at the look of disgust he gave.

They followed her into a room away from it all. Her eyes glanced over the plaque "Jeanette" before meeting the gaze of the woman, gauging her body language and voice. Her smile was odd, her canine teeth looking a bit more like the stereotypical vampire fang than regular human. Shilo immediately thought they had been surgically implanted, or some kind of make-up effect, so she didn't think much of them. "Bonjour, Madame Prima Donna" The assassin greeted, definitely not feeling like she was friends with the woman before her. The leader of Team 73 shook her head. "People don't really interrupt me," She responded truthfully. There really wasn't anything that this woman and Shilo had in common other than their sex, which to Shilo just wasn't enough to mean anything of significance.

The assassin was starting to wonder why the woman had called for Frank to follow her, the thought of what Shilo might have followed into started to make her stomach flip. If things were about to get physical, she was going to leave. The twenty-one year old closed her eyes for a heart beat as she tried to figure out exactly what she should do. Once her eyes were opened, Jeannette was gone. The assassin furrowed her eyebrow, turning to face Frank only to find that she was hanging off of him. Jeannette was interesting... Obviously confident in her ability to attract people, by the way she held herself. However Shilo, who had never had a romantic feeling in her life as all of that had been beat out of her at a young age, and Frank, who seemed a bit broken himself, weren't exactly the best audience when it came to seduction.

Jeannette maybe didn't realize this as she moved herself around Frank's body. The closeness of them made Shilo uncomfortable. Not because of Shilo's own fear of touch, but the way that Frank looked... he didn't seem to be enjoying the physical touch at all, in fact, it seemed to be making him feel some type of way. Shilo could empathize with that. She stepped forward, gently grabbing the woman's wrist with her gloved hand and stepped in between Frank and Jeannette, her heart beat racing as she held herself in the same strong manner she always did, the only difference being the slight hardness to her gaze showing some kind of emotional reaction, namely fear, though she hid it well. She hoped that Frank didn't mind her stepping in, after all, this was the only thing she was bad at gauging, sexual attraction, to her it always just looked uncomfortable. "I'm going to have to hear the perimeters of the deal and what exactly you want us to do before I make a decision. I'm not about to walk in to a gun fight with a knife. You want our help, give us some details." The assassin had better things to do than clean up some petty crime, or even commit a petty crime. There either needed to be a bit of adventure, or a good reward in store.

• Frank didn’t say anything, but he could see that Shilo was internally preparing for whatever trouble lay ahead. He was on guard, too- after all, the random singer had exclusively wanted him and that hooded mutant only- the latter having not heeded, rather allowing the more trustworthy Agent Saga to come with Woods. The Master Sergeant moved slower, getting both of them out of earshot from the singer, before speaking- his voice was a soft hiss compared to the ambience.

"I don't know what she could be planning. Be on your guard." The CIA operative murmured towards Shilo, not looking towards the black-haired female but instead reaching towards his Colt M16 due to second nature- if all else fails, shoot the issue till it’s gone.

But due to his falling back, he was hard-pressed to keep moving through the backstage, needing to walk a tad faster to keep up. When the singer gave Shilo a “smile”, he simply wrinkled his nose with hints of disdain, yet said nothing about it.

When the trio reached the singer’s little room, Frank took a split-second to read the sign. 'Jeannette', huh? His face split into a frown, although only for a brief period, before realizing she had moved from the door to the table extremely quickly- like he just had a period of amnesia. He kind of longed for his cigar back at the bar, as it could have come in handy to keep his cool. Alas, it was too late for that- oh well.

As Jeannette spoke, the American neither spoke nor moved- hiding his emotions behind the steely gaze of a battle-hardened Marine.

He wanted to scoff at the coincidental idea that this Jeannette was married to the owner, who was the 'bouncer' that had smacked that asshole earlier, but continued his listening session as much as he hated being quiet. After all, Millennium seemed to be a world without rules or laws of nature or whatever.

Any of his remaining thoughts were put on ice as the woman unnaturally... teleported from in front of the pair to behind, putting her hand on his shoulder. The S.O.G. agent hid the chill he got from the female’s soft touch, and attempted to stay still.

But the more Jeannette traced her hand along his arm- over his Marine tatoos- he found it harder and harder to suppress his feelings. But he remained steadfast- he wasn’t one to give in so easily, unlike the average commoner.

But when she whispered into his ear, he felt all the feelings and thoughts from the dock pop back up. Hudson, Mason, and that helplessness- all at once. It took all of his willpower to hold back all the fucking shit rushing through his mind, and he kept his sturdiness for a few extra moments to try and formulate a response to match Jeannette. His only sign of his thoughts- and potential insanity- was his lip twitching more and more; Shilo would probably see this, but he didn’t address the girl.

"Well, that'd depend on what we're doing. Can't carry out orders without having any Intel in the first place," Frank replied with a relatively calm tone. However, his mouth still quivered slightly, and his ice blue eyes seemed to waver like he was somewhat unsure.

"If you want me to clean up the trash around here- y'know, the wannabe criminals- I could do that. But if you're going to ask me to wipe out a random innocent or two just for cash, then don't bother asking me- nothing's gonna get me to do that shit." The Marine finished, allowing Agent Saga to throw in her own opinion.

~Shilo Saga~
Interactions: Frank Woods ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla ) and Jeannette ( BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 )
Mentions:

Shilo didn't look at Woods either, knowing that any means of communication that seemed secret could lead to suspicion and possibly a dangerous situation. She was glad that he felt the need to communicate with her like that, but it was odd for her to not be close enough with someone she considered an ally to have to communicate the obviously simple things. Nonetheless, it was progress and Shilo would take it. She noticed, however, that he had reached for something on his person, just a slight movement, obviously getting ready for self defense. The assassin gently curled her fingers toward her palm, the tip of her middle finger gently resting against the hidden metal trigger that rested underneath her glove, ready to unsheathe the weapon she kept hidden from sight if the situation called for it. The raven haired woman had a feeling they wouldn't, but it was still always better to be safe rather than sorry.

The Singer led them to the back room, where other performers seemed to be greeting ready or cooling down from their performances, waiters bustled back and forth, making sure the entertainment was taking care of. The vision of it all seemed to recall a memory from the young woman, the way that she let her gaze stay on a dark haired women with pale skin a little longer than the others. However, she quickly pulled herself away from her thoughts, looking back at their leader in time to catch the face that she gave her. Shilo looked up at Frank, giving a gentle chuckle at the look of disgust he gave.

They followed her into a room away from it all. Her eyes glanced over the plaque "Jeanette" before meeting the gaze of the woman, gauging her body language and voice. Her smile was odd, her canine teeth looking a bit more like the stereotypical vampire fang than regular human. Shilo immediately thought they had been surgically implanted, or some kind of make-up effect, so she didn't think much of them. "Bonjour, Madame Prima Donna" The assassin greeted, definitely not feeling like she was friends with the woman before her. The leader of Team 73 shook her head. "People don't really interrupt me," She responded truthfully. There really wasn't anything that this woman and Shilo had in common other than their sex, which to Shilo just wasn't enough to mean anything of significance.

The assassin was starting to wonder why the woman had called for Frank to follow her, the thought of what Shilo might have followed into started to make her stomach flip. If things were about to get physical, she was going to leave. The twenty-one year old closed her eyes for a heart beat as she tried to figure out exactly what she should do. Once her eyes were opened, Jeannette was gone. The assassin furrowed her eyebrow, turning to face Frank only to find that she was hanging off of him. Jeannette was interesting... Obviously confident in her ability to attract people, by the way she held herself. However Shilo, who had never had a romantic feeling in her life as all of that had been beat out of her at a young age, and Frank, who seemed a bit broken himself, weren't exactly the best audience when it came to seduction.

Jeannette maybe didn't realize this as she moved herself around Frank's body. The closeness of them made Shilo uncomfortable. Not because of Shilo's own fear of touch, but the way that Frank looked... he didn't seem to be enjoying the physical touch at all, in fact, it seemed to be making him feel some type of way. Shilo could empathize with that. She stepped forward, gently grabbing the woman's wrist with her gloved hand and stepped in between Frank and Jeannette, her heart beat racing as she held herself in the same strong manner she always did, the only difference being the slight hardness to her gaze showing some kind of emotional reaction, namely fear, though she hid it well. She hoped that Frank didn't mind her stepping in, after all, this was the only thing she was bad at gauging, sexual attraction, to her it always just looked uncomfortable. "I'm going to have to hear the perimeters of the deal and what exactly you want us to do before I make a decision. I'm not about to walk in to a gun fight with a knife. You want our help, give us some details." The assassin had better things to do than clean up some petty crime, or even commit a petty crime. There either needed to be a bit of adventure, or a good reward in store.

Shilo reached out for Jeannette's wrist, and the woman didn't move it away. On the contrary, she seemed to go perfectly still as Shilo approached, before simply moving her arm away, despite Shilo's grip. Now, while the assassin had been gentle, Jeanette's movement belied an impossible strength, easily far beyond what a normal human could achieve, let alone someone with a frame as small as Jeanette's. "No need to get handsy, baby. I can read body language, after all. I can tell our good, dear marine just isn't feeling it right now. Must have a headache." She pouted at him briefly before her smile returned. The woman stepped back into the room, seeming to sit on thin air and crossing her legs.

"I suppose it's reasonable for you to ask for more information. You don't know me. I don't know you. For all you know, I brought you back here to eat you both!" She giggled a bit, seeming to find her own joke quite funny, though the look in her eyes betrayed a certain primal hunger. "No, I didn't ask you back here to kill innocents," She looked at Shilo. "Or deal with 'petty crime.' No secrets in here, mon amour. As I was saying before, though, Wulfy gave me a rather large sum of money to hire some help with a particular... issue."

She leaned back in her nonexistent chair. "There's a man around here called 'the King.' He's a dangerous man that's done very vile things, indeed, not the least of which is trying to have his way with me. Wulfy wanted to deal with him himself, but there's just too much going on around here. We both want him dead. Gone. Head on a platter. A word of warning, though; he's very well protected, and I don't think just the two of you can handle it." She moved her hand through the air, and, as her palm moved, a suitcase appeared there. She opened it, revealing quite a bit of money inside. "I know it's bad business practice to show your hand so early, but I know you wouldn't cheat me. You're both so very sweet and kind." Jeanette shot them both a humorless grin, again exposing her canines.

A quiet pewt came from the back of the room, followed by Jeannette crumpling to the floor, blood spraying all across the floor in front of her as a bullet exited her chest and stopped at the wall. The suitcase disappeared.

A few moments went by. There was no visual sign of the attacker. In an instant, though, Jeannette's corpse was gone... and then, there she was. Standing upright. No blood or visible injury could be seen on her person. Her fingernails had elongated into claws that were easily half a foot long, and her previously beautiful face had changed to be a bizarre monstrosity. Her ears had grown out into long, pointed ones almost resembling that of an elf. Her face was still largely human, save a more animalistic nose and huge fangs bared in anger.

Impaled on the end of her claws was a man who had gone still, his chest completely torn open. She dropped the body to the floor with a thump, and then, before her two guests could blink, was seated once more. Clean. Untouched. "Undoubtedly one of the King's men. You'll find the man at his hideout just a few blocks north of her. Hard to miss, given the armed guards and all. Your best bet is probably to infiltrate the party he's throwing soon. Be quick about it. If you say no, that's fine; just leave so I can find someone else."

Quest Name: Dit le Roi
Quest Synopsis: A beautiful woman had offered you a job to kill a man.
Difficulty: Hard
Reward: $600

Nightwisher Nightwisher FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

Last edited:
The Blue Skinned creature looked around in somewhat awe and intrigue, ignoring most other people after taking in their presence. They felt off here, exposed, and endangered... but still curious... They then moved around abit, looking at the place. They had no strict buisness here, simply drawn in like a moth to the flame but now it fell in with their curious exploration of their new surroundings. After a while and without drawing to much attention, for a seemingly naked blue skinned creature walking around a club without a clue, they went and rested against a wall or on a bench or seat near the door, somewhere out of the way and somewhere that had easy acsess to the outside. They had nothing to do and no reason to be here... and nothing to really do at all, they didn't understand what here was, when was, why they were here anyways. So this just left them many thoughts to sift through and try and come to a conclusion on as they just sat their by the door, somewhat spaced out.

~Shilo Saga~
Interactions: Jeannette ( BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 ) and Frank Woods ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla )
Mentions:

Shilo released Jeannette's wrist nearly the moment she grabbed it, though she felt the woman's strength. The assassin was much faster than the average human, and definitely strong for her size, but this woman was other worldly. Nonetheless, Shilo stood her ground. "Or just not interested," she said, making sure to keep a level gaze as she locked eyes with the woman. She watched as the woman sat in mid air, glancing over her shoulder at Frank before watching the woman once again. Shilo didn't feel particularly unsafe, but she was on edge after the interaction. She narrowed her eyes at Jeannette's joke, crossing her arms over her chest as if to say "I'm not worried about you" though she remained silent for now.

The leader of Team 73 arched an eyebrow of interest at the name 'The King' giving a small smirk at her small jab about the two of them not being able to handle it. Shilo's training from an incredibly young age was all about killing 'well protected men.' Though, they had all been human. If this man was more like Jeannette or at least protected by people who were similar, then the singer was probably right. However, for now, the assassin would plan for what she knew. She looked up at Frank gauging how he had reacted to the information, before turning back to the singer in time to see the suite case appear. She looked down at the money inside, biting the inside of her lip. That... was it? This was supposed to be an illegal hit, apparently dangerous, and they were offering chump change? Shilo took another look at her male partner, trying to gauge what was going through his head.

Shilo flinched at the sound of the silenced shot, watching as Jeannette's body crumpled to the floor, oozing blood. The raven haired woman, in one fluid movement, spun around, pulling a silver throwing knife from a hidden spot on her belt. She held it between her index and middle finger as she searched for who had taken the shot. Shilo's one good eye scanned the visible surroundings. It was while her back was turned that Jeannette's corpse vanished. The raven haired woman felt her hair rustle as if a gentle breeze had brushed past her and she turned, more slowly this time, to see the woman that had just been shot in the chest up right, no wound or blood to be seen... except, of course, the blood of the man in her arms.

The younger woman stepped back when she saw what Jeannette had turned into, running into Frank, Shilo looked up at him before taking a step away and turning her attention back to the... whatever she was. The assassin narrowed her eyes, understanding even less now why they were being hired to kill a man who was obviously not going to be a problem for the supernatural creature that stood before them.

Shilo bit her lip, nodding slowly. Honestly, she'd been itching for an activity that was more her style. Infiltration, stealth, a nice quick murder... And a little money would be nice in a City where they didn't know anything. "One last question, because I'm definitely interested. Is 'the King' or any of his men similar to you?" At the answer, Shilo turned to face Frank, waiting to see what his answer would be.

• Despite his stoic appearance, Frank was internally grateful for his raven-haired friend's intervention- her actions resulting in Jeannette backing the fuck off, and his racing thoughts returning to a normal pace. Even though he didn't say anything, he took one look at her, likely conveying his thankfulness via his eyes and just his eyes- nothing else. In the meantime, he began to inhale and exhale much more deeply to slow down, recover from whatever panic attack he just had.

The Jeannette girl probably could probably tell from his tattooed arms that he was a Marine. They probably screamed "AMERICAN" out loud, but that didn't really matter for the time being. Had this thought not come through his mind, he would've asked her how exactly she knew he was a soldier. Instead, he addressed her comment about having a "headache".

latest

"Semper Fidelis", the main US slogan- Latin for "Always faithful".
    latest

"115" tattoo; honestly, this is probably more of a Zombies allusion than anything else.
    latest

"Devil Dog", a reference to the Marines' nicknames from the Germans in World War 1.
    "No, not a headache- just... Shit to think about," Woods responded, a mild head shake accompanying his dialogue and indicating that his thoughts were pretty much returning to normal. At Shilo's remark about not being interested, he took another small look at her before folding his arms and leaning forwards, getting closer to Jeannette.

"That, too," The Marine agreed whole-heartedly. All the singer's sexual attempts to seduce him had pretty much only made him uncomfortable more than anything- even without that weird-ass aura of hers.

When the woman "joked" about eating the duo, Frank couldn't help but frown despite keeping his form the exact same. Why the hell would anyone bring that up, of all things? Hold on- what kind of cannibal off their rocker would imply they'd want to eat someone in the first place? Is she a real vampire?

During Jeannette's dialogue, Frank did have a few qualms with what she talked about. He snorted at the thought of someone called 'the King' running around Millennium- probably was more of a pushover than anything.

"There isn't anybody who's going to be my king, especially not a dirty piece of shit,"
    The Master Sergeant commented as he relaxed and leaned back, like he had just warmed up to the room.

"I don't think you understand just how much two people can do. Trust me, you'd think going after a Cuban dictator would be much harder than it actually was- buncha fucking jokers with guns, that's all his guards were,"
    The Operation 40 member grinned- just thinking about how he and Alex had professionally chewed through the "bodyguards" for Castro's double made him want to laugh. His grin faded as the suitcase full of cash came, though- he didn't say anything about the money for the time being.

"Sweet and kind? If we were having this conversation on Opposite Day, then I think I'd agree with you on that part,"
    The black-haired man noted just before a silenced gunshot rang through the room. Frank, despite being caught off guard by this, reacted extremely quickly as Jeannette's body dropped.

"What the fuck-?!?!" The S.O.G. agent shouted, unslinging his Colt M16 and bringing it in the general direction of the gunman just before the singing woman rematerialized as a demon-looking monster, dropping the shooter and shocking Woods simultaneously.

"What... The... Fuck...?" The Master Sergeant muttered, lowering his M16 and staring at Jeannette. He let Shilo bump into him, taking a couple of steps back himself, before recovering a bit.

"Yeah, after seeing that shit? I don't think I'm about to just walk away, thank you very much," Frank responded, grabbing the dead assassin's silenced 1911 and offered both the gun and any spare ammo to Shilo. After that, he'd continue looting the dead man for anything potentially worth keeping on hand. He also made a mental note to stop by the bar to grab some trustworthy allies to help deal with the seemingly-not-a-pushover gang leader- well, if his female companion was fine with that, and if they didn't result in some kinda money deduction.

"What does this 'King' asshole look like, anyways? If I don't know what he appears to be, then there's no point- I wouldn't be able to kill everyone in a hideout without at least grabbing the attention of both the guards and the local cops around this crazy city- well, if there are any cops in the first place,"
    Frank winced, before finishing his thoughts.

"And you said we're probably gonna need other folks? You aren't gonna... lower that measly cash payout if we do recruit other folks- if we decide to in the first place-"
    He looked at Shilo for her opinion- "Are ya?"

lucario curious expression 1.png

Lucario

It was difficult to tell whether Lucario wasn't able to pick up on Aoba's confusion with the canine's form of expression or just didn't care. Judging by his laugh when Aoba had cried out "You're going to snap my arms," it was most definitely the latter. As a matter of fact, the Aura Pokemon was laughing so hard that he even snorted a few times and had to lean on a nearby table just to regain his composure. It took a few seconds, but he finally managed to calm himself down to the point where he could speak normally without immediately bursting into a giggling fit.

Lucario was jolted back to reality when he heard Aoba ask his question, though "...what do you mean you nearly died a few times?" was basically all that he heard. The Aura Pokemon waved his paw dismissively. "We ran into a robot guy who was trying to kill us or something but he really wasn't," Lucario's explanation started off so casually it sounded like a lie. "And then we found this..." His voice failed him. Lucario shook his head with an expression that completely contrasted the one he wore just moments ago. "...Nevermind. It's not important." He tried to smile to the best of his ability- which, unfortunately, came out rather lopsided. "But yeah, normal day, I guess..."

Lucario then turned back to Vault Boy. "Just... fine," he struggled to get out. His eyes weren't looking up at Vault Boy's face and instead at his shoes. "...You're talking kinda weird. Is that how most humans that look like a cartoon talk?" His head raised a little, but he was still looking at Vault Boy's torso.

Mentions:
Mythias Mythias

Aoba Seragaki
Interacting: YellowTemperence YellowTemperence A Common Man A Common Man
Mood: Slightly concerned/Little bit bewildered
Music: ohshit
tenor.gif

Mood: Still Happy Hour

Vault Boy smiled and listened as the weird alien thing introduced himself as Jak, and introduced someone called Lucario. Vault Boy turned to look around and noticed the blue...weird alien thing? "Nice to meet you too. But yeah, this place seems pretty wild." Vault Boy said with a chuckle.

When did the weird blue thing even come here? I swear weird blue alien thing was not here before. Vault Boy thought. Vault Boy also waved at the blue haird boy. Oh so that's Lucario. Vault Boy thought. He then raised his eyes a bit when the blue haired boy mentioned his name was Aoba. If he is Aoba and the weird alien thing is Jak, then who is Lucario? Vault Boy thought.

He was a bit too drunk to know the weird blue thing was Lucario."So how are you folks doing so far?" Vault Boy asked.

"You can say that again." Aoba leaned back on his bar stool, careful not to lean too much back since there was no back support, and placed his hands on the back of his head as Vault Boy mentioned how wild the place was. "Have you ran into any...'incidents' yet?" Aoba asked, using his fingers to create quotation marks when he said the word 'incident', which was referencing how Lucario and co. ran into a hostile-but-not-hostile robot.

As Aoba asked the blond-haired man that question, he noticed something was a little bit off about the latter. Well, Vault Boy was still a complete stranger to Aoba since the only interaction they have had were just basic greetings and sharing opinions about Millennium City. Even so, he could tell Vault Boy looked a little bit unfocused and a bit too relaxed despite the occasion. Is the guy drunk?

However, Aoba tried to not concern himself over the fact that Vault Boy might've had a little too much to drink since they weren't exactly good buddies yet. In fact, it could be that the blond guy - or hell, everyone in Pocket D - were hostile, and they were all just keeping a clean image of themselves to not look suspicious in any way.

I think I'm just paranoid though. Aoba turned his attention back to Vault Boy, before opening his mouth to say something again. "Well I hope we don't get caught up in anything dire." Aoba chuckled a little bit, trying to lighten up his worries about Millennium City. The 'we' in his statement was refer to both him and Vault Boy. "Although everyone seems to be on the edge judging from the attitude of most people here at Pocket D." Aoba added, expressing his concerns about the safety of this city.

View attachment 416788

Lucario

It was difficult to tell whether Lucario wasn't able to pick up on Aoba's confusion with the canine's form of expression or just didn't care. Judging by his laugh when Aoba had cried out "You're going to snap my arms," it was most definitely the latter. As a matter of fact, the Aura Pokemon was laughing so hard that he even snorted a few times and had to lean on a nearby table just to regain his composure. It took a few seconds, but he finally managed to calm himself down to the point where he could speak normally without immediately bursting into a giggling fit.

Lucario was jolted back to reality when he heard Aoba ask his question, though "...what do you mean you nearly died a few times?" was basically all that he heard. The Aura Pokemon waved his paw dismissively. "We ran into a robot guy who was trying to kill us or something but he really wasn't," Lucario's explanation started off so casually it sounded like a lie. "And then we found this..." His voice failed him. Lucario shook his head with an expression that completely contrasted the one he wore just moments ago. "...Nevermind. It's not important." He tried to smile to the best of his ability- which, unfortunately, came out rather lopsided. "But yeah, normal day, I guess..."

Lucario then turned back to Vault Boy. "Just... fine," he struggled to get out. His eyes weren't looking up at Vault Boy's face and instead at his shoes. "...You're talking kinda weird. Is that how most humans that look like a cartoon talk?" His head raised a little, but he was still looking at Vault Boy's torso.

Mentions:
Mythias Mythias

Aoba sighed exasperatedly at the canine creature, still rolling out his joints within his arms to ease the pain that he had received from the vigorous and enthusiastic hand shake from Lucario. He was also a little embarrassed when he saw the Pokemon giggling and snorting at Aoba's reaction over the energetic and bombastic greeting. Considering how heavy the atmosphere was just hours before with the encounters that he had with other people, Aoba was not used to how laid-back and almost childish aura that Lucario had.

"Right...?" Aoba tilted his head and raised his right eyebrow immediately after listening to Lucario's brief recount in utter confusion. Because of Lucario's casual and light tone, Aoba had doubts over the legitimacy of the Aura Pokemon's anecdote. How can you tell a near-death experience with such a calm composure?? However, he continued to hear out what Lucario wanted to say, since it was still too early to dismiss the latter's story as reckless lies.

"You found...what?" Aoba asked again when Lucario interrupted himself, slightly curious at what the Pokemon was about to say. He then noticed the sudden change in emotions from the ones that Lucario had just mere second ago. It was the first time Aoba had seen Lucario outside of a cheerful and joyous expression, so Aoba knew that something was definitely up. "Uh...okay then." Aoba blurted out when the blue, canine entity tried to brush the topic off. It was clear to him that the creature had spoke more than he had intended to, and it was even more obvious that the brave smile from Lucario was just a facade.

Even more worried, Aoba leaned closer towards Lucario and said in a soft voice, "You know if there's something bothering you you can just talk to me about it. I mean, I'm not a certified psychologist but I'm always happy to offer a hand."

~Shilo Saga~
Interactions: Jeannette ( BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 ) and Frank Woods ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla )
Mentions:

Shilo released Jeannette's wrist nearly the moment she grabbed it, though she felt the woman's strength. The assassin was much faster than the average human, and definitely strong for her size, but this woman was other worldly. Nonetheless, Shilo stood her ground. "Or just not interested," she said, making sure to keep a level gaze as she locked eyes with the woman. She watched as the woman sat in mid air, glancing over her shoulder at Frank before watching the woman once again. Shilo didn't feel particularly unsafe, but she was on edge after the interaction. She narrowed her eyes at Jeannette's joke, crossing her arms over her chest as if to say "I'm not worried about you" though she remained silent for now.

The leader of Team 73 arched an eyebrow of interest at the name 'The King' giving a small smirk at her small jab about the two of them not being able to handle it. Shilo's training from an incredibly young age was all about killing 'well protected men.' Though, they had all been human. If this man was more like Jeannette or at least protected by people who were similar, then the singer was probably right. However, for now, the assassin would plan for what she knew. She looked up at Frank gauging how he had reacted to the information, before turning back to the singer in time to see the suite case appear. She looked down at the money inside, biting the inside of her lip. That... was it? This was supposed to be an illegal hit, apparently dangerous, and they were offering chump change? Shilo took another look at her male partner, trying to gauge what was going through his head.

Shilo flinched at the sound of the silenced shot, watching as Jeannette's body crumpled to the floor, oozing blood. The raven haired woman, in one fluid movement, spun around, pulling a silver throwing knife from a hidden spot on her belt. She held it between her index and middle finger as she searched for who had taken the shot. Shilo's one good eye scanned the visible surroundings. It was while her back was turned that Jeannette's corpse vanished. The raven haired woman felt her hair rustle as if a gentle breeze had brushed past her and she turned, more slowly this time, to see the woman that had just been shot in the chest up right, no wound or blood to be seen... except, of course, the blood of the man in her arms.

The younger woman stepped back when she saw what Jeannette had turned into, running into Frank, Shilo looked up at him before taking a step away and turning her attention back to the... whatever she was. The assassin narrowed her eyes, understanding even less now why they were being hired to kill a man who was obviously not going to be a problem for the supernatural creature that stood before them.

Shilo bit her lip, nodding slowly. Honestly, she'd been itching for an activity that was more her style. Infiltration, stealth, a nice quick murder... And a little money would be nice in a City where they didn't know anything. "One last question, because I'm definitely interested. Is 'the King' or any of his men similar to you?" At the answer, Shilo turned to face Frank, waiting to see what his answer would be.

• Despite his stoic appearance, Frank was internally grateful for his raven-haired friend's intervention- her actions resulting in Jeannette backing the fuck off, and his racing thoughts returning to a normal pace. Even though he didn't say anything, he took one look at her, likely conveying his thankfulness via his eyes and just his eyes- nothing else. In the meantime, he began to inhale and exhale much more deeply to slow down, recover from whatever panic attack he just had.

The Jeannette girl probably could probably tell from his tattooed arms that he was a Marine. They probably screamed "AMERICAN" out loud, but that didn't really matter for the time being. Had this thought not come through his mind, he would've asked her how exactly she knew he was a soldier. Instead, he addressed her comment about having a "headache".

latest

"Semper Fidelis", the main US slogan- Latin for "Always faithful".
    latest

"115" tattoo; honestly, this is probably more of a Zombies allusion than anything else.
    latest

"Devil Dog", a reference to the Marines' nicknames from the Germans in World War 1.
    "No, not a headache- just... Shit to think about," Woods responded, a mild head shake accompanying his dialogue and indicating that his thoughts were pretty much returning to normal. At Shilo's remark about not being interested, he took another small look at her before folding his arms and leaning forwards, getting closer to Jeannette.

"That, too," The Marine agreed whole-heartedly. All the singer's sexual attempts to seduce him had pretty much only made him uncomfortable more than anything- even without that weird-ass aura of hers.

When the woman "joked" about eating the duo, Frank couldn't help but frown despite keeping his form the exact same. Why the hell would anyone bring that up, of all things? Hold on- what kind of cannibal off their rocker would imply they'd want to eat someone in the first place? Is she a real vampire?

During Jeannette's dialogue, Frank did have a few qualms with what she talked about. He snorted at the thought of someone called 'the King' running around Millennium- probably was more of a pushover than anything.

"There isn't anybody who's going to be my king, especially not a dirty piece of shit," The Master Sergeant commented as he relaxed and leaned back, like he had just warmed up to the room.

"I don't think you understand just how much two people can do. Trust me, you'd think going after a Cuban dictator would be much harder than it actually was- buncha fucking jokers with guns, that's all his guards were," The Operation 40 member grinned- just thinking about how he and Alex had professionally chewed through the "bodyguards" for Castro's double made him want to laugh. His grin faded as the suitcase full of cash came, though- he didn't say anything about the money for the time being.

"Sweet and kind? If we were having this conversation on Opposite Day, then I think I'd agree with you on that part," The black-haired man noted just before a silenced gunshot rang through the room. Frank, despite being caught off guard by this, reacted extremely quickly as Jeannette's body dropped.

"What the fuck-?!?!" The S.O.G. agent shouted, unslinging his Colt M16 and bringing it in the general direction of the gunman just before the singing woman rematerialized as a demon-looking monster, dropping the shooter and shocking Woods simultaneously.

"What... The... Fuck...?" The Master Sergeant muttered, lowering his M16 and staring at Jeannette. He let Shilo bump into him, taking a couple of steps back himself, before recovering a bit.

"Yeah, after seeing that shit? I don't think I'm about to just walk away, thank you very much," Frank responded, grabbing the dead assassin's silenced 1911 and offered both the gun and any spare ammo to Shilo. After that, he'd continue looting the dead man for anything potentially worth keeping on hand. He also made a mental note to stop by the bar to grab some trustworthy allies to help deal with the seemingly-not-a-pushover gang leader- well, if his female companion was fine with that, and if they didn't result in some kinda money deduction.

"What does this 'King' asshole look like, anyways? If I don't know what he appears to be, then there's no point- I wouldn't be able to kill everyone in a hideout without at least grabbing the attention of both the guards and the local cops around this crazy city- well, if there are any cops in the first place," Frank winced, before finishing his thoughts.

"And you said we're probably gonna need other folks? You aren't gonna... lower that measly cash payout if we do recruit other folks- if we decide to in the first place-" He looked at Shilo for her opinion- "Are ya?"

Jeanette brushed her still spotless clothing off once more, straightening out a near wardrobe malfunction. Her expression had become more of a solemn frown than her previously flirtatious smile, as she seemed to get serious for a moment, looking between the two of them. "Taking down a dictator is no small feat, and neither is killing a highly protected target. The King doesn't have the resources to do things like that, no, and, neither is he like me. He isn't like you, either, though." She leaned forward, waving her hand once more as a long, thin rapier appeared in her hands, the blade's ornately decorated silver hilt depicting a bat. "This is made of cold iron. You will need it to kill him." Holding it by the blade, she offered it out to them. In her other hand, a bandoleer of similarly intricate throwing knives materialized.

"To be precise, the man is a Pit Fiend. A prince of the Nine Hells wherever he's from; arguably more dangerous than me, depending on who you ask. I disagree, but that's not the point. Killing him would prove dangerous to people far more experienced than either of you, so you'll either need more numbers or a seriously powerful element of surprise." She held out her hand, and an image flashed through their brain. Standing atop a hill, they saw a bizarre, scaled creature that easily stood fifteen feet tall. It had enormous, leathery wings, and was a mace fitting for its size in his hand. After a moment, it seemed to look right at the two of them and snarl, revealing fangs that looked to be several inches long.

Monster_Manual_5e_-_Devil,_Pit_Fiend_-_Michael_Berube_-_p77.jpg

Jeannette smiled apologetically. "Sorry. He saw through my attempt to peer at him. He knows where you are now, so I'd be relatively quick about either killing him or getting in his good graces. I don't really care which, so long as he isn't trying to kill Wulfy and I anymore." She leaned forward, seeming to study the two of them. "Be very careful. This creature is no joke, but there are more powerful beings like him that would be very upset over his death, so be discreet about it. One thing that could help you would be if you could somehow learn his true name. That would give you some modicum of power over him. Not much, but enough."

Her eyes seemed to be piercing into them, cunning as sharp as the deadliest knife glaring through her beautiful irises. Her lips twitched, almost smiling a little bit. "Well? What say you?"

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla Nightwisher Nightwisher

~Shilo Saga~
Mentions: The King

The raven haired woman watched as Frank stepped forward and looted the body, handing her the gun, apparently it was a 1191, not one of Shilo's favorites, but beggars really couldn't be choosers. Then again, she really wasn't begging to have a gun. She had always been more of an up close and personal kind of gal when it came to fighting, and especially killing. She didn't enjoy either activity, but there was something about killing up close... it was so personal. A gun just seemed like cheating. There was no respect, there was no apology that could be made with a kill shot. Nonetheless, the assassin took the gun and the spare ammo, checking the clip inside the gun before checking the chamber. She once again wished she had her Bowie knife and holster. She reloaded the gun, flipped the safety on, and slipped the gun inside of the pocket that hid on the inside of her jacket. It fit well and didn't bulge out of the jacket, which was nice. She pocketed the extra clip as well, so it was easily attainable for quick access. Shilo nodded a thank you to Frank, turning back to give her attention to the singer.

Shilo narrowed her eyes a bit at Jeannette. If The King wasn't like her, but wasn't like them either... did that mean that there were other kinds of creatures out there? Luckily enough, Shilo didn't have to ask. When the singer waved her hand and brought forth the rapier, the assassin couldn't help the small twitch in the corner of her mouth. It had been years since she had had a sword fight. However, when the rapier was offered to Frank and not herself, the assassin looked back up at Jeannette to hear the explanation about the sword. Cold iron...? Shilo thought as she looked back down at the weapon. The coal haired woman raised her eyes once more, in time to see the throwing knives appear. She furrowed her eyebrows a bit, reaching out a hand to take them gently. Shilo had been using the same knives since she was sixteen years old and was used to a very certain type of cut and weight. She picked up one of the knives, twirling it around in her hands to check the weight, before tossing it up in the air to watch it spin before letting it fall back down. She caught it easily between her fingers, spinning it around her hand once more before placing it back where it belonged. All the while she'd been listening closely to Jeannette's explanation of The King.

The assassin blinked a few times as they were shown the vision of the Pit Fiend. Never thought I'd say this. The woman thought as she looked over the monster, trying to find any obvious weaknesses. But this job may be a bit above my pay grade. The leader of Team 73 didn't exactly make an income, no one on the Team did, as they were just given any thing they asked for from anyone they asked for it.

"Oh, awesome. Thanks." Shilo sighed, rubbing a gloved thumb against her forehead in slight annoyance. Whatever upper hand that they could have had by spying on him like that was now ruined. If she had known that could have been the case, she would have just asked for a verbal description. "You're saying there are more powerful things out there that might come after us if we kill this thing?" The assassin asked, crossing her arms over her chest. She looked away, off to a corner in the room, the tip of her tongue running slowly back and forth between the right corner of her mouth and a third of the way across her top lip before returning back to the corner. She mulled over the quest, her mind rushing through all the possibilities. A good number of them ended up with her, or at least another ally of some sort, dead. But at the same time, any risk was worth getting back to her Team... or at least trying to get back. If anything, the six hundred dollars that was being offered would help them out quite a bit while in the City.

Shilo tilted her head up a bit to meet Frank's gaze, giving him a nod. "Yeah," she said, looking back to Jeannette. "I'll take the job and recruit a couple of people out there," the assassin turned to face Frank, offering a bit of a playful smirk. "You in for a bit of a challenge?" It was obvious that she and the Marine worked well together. There was some kind of connection, probably from a trauma recognize trauma sort of deal. After all, Shilo had seen more shit by the age of thirteen than most people did in their entire lives, and that had been before she'd actually taken her first life as an assassin. That was all besides the point though. The point was that Frank and Shilo got each other, at least to some level, and in a brand new city that was the kind of thing you needed to survive.

Last edited:
  • formal_wilson_bar.png

Wilson cracked an uneasy smile, abruptly coughing up a smidgen of blood onto Maxwell's collar, a rather violent response to the northsman's "gentle" backhand, stretching Wulfrik a painfully anxious grin as he struggled to not fall flat on his face whilst vomitting in pain and simultaneous terror.
    "Y-Yes, thank you. You're too generous." Higgsbury blarneyed, clenching his ribs in agony.
    "I feel like all the bones in my body shattered under the pressure of a million shockwaves..." He scoffed to the magician, his frantic panting coupled with his sickly wheezing making him sound like a voice synthesizer dropped down the peak of Mount Fuji.
    At last, after presumably coughing up all of his vital organs, including his literal and figurative guts, he quieted down, shooting Maxwell a glare equivalent to "Speak of this to anyone and I will strangle you to death with a kettle and some string", an analogy oddly fitting to someone of his calibre.
    He sharply turned, taking a swig of his scotch before planting his forehead on the countertop, a murmur or two escaping his ghastly breathing.

Users who are viewing this thread