Idea Might Attempt To GM Again

Jannah

Barely holding on.
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I was in the shower and got an idea. Has anyone here played Spellbreak? Basically it's a fantasy Battle Royale game where you play a mage using magical gauntlets. I thought of a RP idea using a similar concept, but I'm just not sure how many people would actually be into that sort of RP. I know a lot of players simply don't like RP's where their characters will inevitably be killed off, which will hinder a lot of interest. However, because it's fantasy I've kind of thought of some ways around that. Perhaps the world this takes place in is very spiritually attuned, thus can sense the dead. Not speak to them outright or anything, but sense their presence and such. That could be used somehow, possibly.

For lore so far I have that the world is divided into twelve different kingdoms with one superior assembly overseeing all of them (Yea, this bit I admittedly stole from The Hunger Games, but it works well for this sort of thing). This assembly would be made up of the most powerful and brightest minds in the world. Each would have had to earn their place there, some by pretty brutal means. The mage representative is known as the "Grand Master" and earns their position by outliving 23 other mages in a battle to the death. Each of these 24 contestants are volunteers, two from each kingdom, who want to become the next Grand Master. This, of course, only happens when the previous Grand Master dies. Our RP would be beginning during a period of peace and prosperity where the previous Grand Master died in old age, thus nobody has seen the competition actually occur for a very long time(I'm thinking 75 years-ish). Those wanting to replace the previous Grand Master would then sign up. If they're deemed competent then they're accepted. In the case that more than two from any kingdom attempt to sign up there would be a competition at a local level (but not a fight to the death).

For the actual mechanics of the magic system itself I'm thinking pretty similar to the game. Magic exists in the form of six elements and is channelled through special gauntlets. These elements are fire, ice, lightning, poison, earth, and air. Each mage can control up to two and these two can be changed simply by changing gauntlets. Combat itself will probably not be heavily numbers or stats based simply because I'm not good at numbers. I would try to figure out something else, obviously, that is fair and balanced.

Certainty of death would be a plus for me, it would keep things flexible in terms of commitment at least.

I haven't played Spellbreak, but I do like the thought of a battle royale setup that isn't Hunger Games.

Certainty of death would be a plus for me, it would keep things flexible in terms of commitment at least.

I haven't played Spellbreak, but I do like the thought of a battle royale setup that isn't Hunger Games.

I do like Hunger Games, but I thought it would be interesting to try something different if I was to go the Battle Royale route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back