• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Midnight City Runners [NOW ON VHS AND LASERDISC!]

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING INTRODUCTION CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

"My name is RAGNA. They call me a killer, monster, terrorist... I'm all of those things."

efc4d327b7b1f16503098551cf362b81.jpg

Alias: Ragna
Blood Type: 0-​

Alex is a young fellow in his mid 20s, typical alpha male, raven-black hair, blue eyes, square jaw, facial hair type controlled mess, same can be said about his hair as well. When he is not running around for his life, he wears black. Actually, he wears black all the time. He just switches out the stylish shirt for leather jacket and a hoodie.

Type: Free-runner/bullshitter

Wanted for: Making a baby to a daughter of a big time CEO, then after he found out she was going to keep the baby, performed the abortion himself. Seriously, one cannot make this shit up.

Relevant skills: He can run like hell, obviously. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, A very nimble for a man his size, with a little help of cyber enhancements, he can run up a vertical wall. Also he can bullshit his way out of any situation. Apart from the one he was wanted for, there is no bullshitting around that.

Weapon specialization: N/A His body is a weapon. Although he had fired a gun a couple of times, he can shoot somebody if his life depended on it, but he would prefer to run towards, disarm and then kick the ass of any armed attacker.

Body Mods: Here comes the tricky part. Alex is mostly human, but due to his stupid hobby, and the dangers it possesses, he ended up having to reinforce his spine. Along his back there is an external spine, which has the same mission as his regular one - to support his body, although the artificial spine does the job a lot better. There are also several improvements along his legs, which helps him run faster, also bettering his grip to such extent, that he could run up a vertical wall.

Bio: It all started in a nice summer day, when Mr. Mercer Sr. met a random big titty police girl and we all know what happens when two people love each other. 9 months later, Trumpets played as Alex slipped out of his mother's snatch. Stillborn. Now, thanks to the advances of medical science, the doctors managed to revitalize the dead baby. But they messed up his brain to such extent, that one can say he end up completely mental. But they didn't know it back then. So, Alex was now born, he was raised to be a productive member of society... But he didn't want to. Since he started walking, he never stopped still in one place. He was always running, always jumping, always coming home bruised, scraped or bleeding, because he fell from somewhere. But that didn't stop him. He got average grades in school, all was good, he looked like he was about to be an average Joe in this world, but... One day his mother was killed, while on a raid, following some dangerous criminal, and cops ended up giving the medal to his father. One would expect a heartbreaking experience like this to cripple the mind of the now Teenage Alex, but surprisingly he didn't even bat an eye. His father, heartbroken, started drinking. Alex on the other hand was now entering a phase, being in his early teens, so he couldn't care less about others, so he just started looking for something to do, to get a quick buck very fast. Que in the Runners. With the limited info he had, he got in touch, and soon, he was running for cash, doing minor drug deliveries. This job was not only bringing in the big $$$ but also he was doing something fun. Well, it's all fun and games, until somebody looses an eye. Or in his case - a vertebra. He fell on his back, hard, thankfully, during his off time, while practicing a new stunt. After being rushed to the hospital, he was given a choice - new spine, that would cost him his savings, or wheelchair. There was nothing to chose from with Alex, and he was soon back on his feet, which got augmented as well, while he was in rehab. Now, with the new updates, he became even more effective at his job - delivering small goods in little time, no questions asked. Of course, he got the occasional time off, which he spent party hard, and as one can imagine, a trouble maker like Alex ends up in a lot of fucked up situations, like the one he has a bounty on his head because of.

Psyche Profile: Alex is... Insane. No really, he is insane. The whole stillborn thing messed him up real good since childbirth. He doesn't take shit seriously, no matter what is it. A world war? No problem. Mother died? No problem. No money for alcohol and girls? Oh, snap, we got a problem right there. The only thing Alex cares about is his male ego, alcohol, blondes, titties, and money. He is a person who doesn't care about others, only cares about himself, and how to feel good, because life is too short to stress about shit. He is careless, when it comes to taking risks, but very careful when it comes to his job. He plans his route carefully, before he runs, making sure there are no surprises on the way. But if something comes up, he is not afraid to wing it. "Live fast, die young, be a beautiful corpse. Life is too short to stay safe!" that's the logic behind his actions.

The heavy panting was intensifying as Ragna was getting more and more tired. He looked up, there were still several more floors to scale. "Don't give up now, chap, you are close!" The words of encouragement escaped his mouth inbetween all the panting. He then kicked off the wall and jumped across, grabbing to the rail of the nearby terrace, pulling himself up, lunging over to solid ground. The lights on his artificial spine lit up, which meant that the battery was now completely recharged and he could continue. He checked his feet by tapping the ground a couple of times, making sure the grip was OK, before stepping back a couple of times. After making sure the distance was good, he rushed forward, running as fast as he could right for the rail. He jumped, stepped on the rail, kicking off, further boosting his momentum, landing perpendicular to the next building, clinging to the wall. With now freshly powered up mechanical grippers, he started running up, making a short work of the couple of stories that were remaining. Once on top, he took the time to look at the city. He was on top of the world, and despite the chilly wind, he felt really good, just like that one time he was smacking the ass of that CEO's daughter. But this time it was different. This time it was work, and no pleasure. Which brought him to the other question - who in their right mind would want to meet up in a place like this? Well, Alex liked the place, but he doesn't count, since he is not with his right mind. He looked around, but there was nobody in sight. "Sigh... I guess I ran up here for nothing!" he thought, having another look around. "At least the view is nice!" He mumbled, crossing his arms. "I am glad you enjoy it!" A voice behind him echoed, causing Alex to jump. He turned around, holding his fists like he was about to get crazy with the person. There was nobody in sight. "Cool! I finally lost it completely, and am now hearing voices!" Alex raised an eyebrow. "You are not, kid!" The voice echoed again, causing Alex to look closely in the direction he thought the voice was coming from. Now that he looked closely, he could see the distortion, caused by the optic camouflage. "Gee wilikers, Mister, you scared the crap out of me!" Alex mocked the person, not dropping his guard. "Why don't you show your face now? I like to see who I'm talking to. Unless it's a woman, then all I want to see is backside!"

The person on the other side disengaged the camouflage. "I have to admit, I am surprised you made it here this quick!" The man, looked like somebody skinned a man, then replaced his muscle fibers with carbon. Cyber enhanced, no doubt. And it was that enhancement that allowed him to be invisible. Obviously. "Enough with the chit-chat, let's talk business. I have your..." Alex interrupted the man, reaching into his satchel that was strapped over his shoulder, pulling out some device, with unknown purpose. "...whatever that thing is!" He handed the device to the man. "And with this my job here is done! That would be eighteen fifty..." He started to name his price on completed delivery, but the man cut him off. "Of course, of course, but we are not done yet. I want to know something!" The man retrieved the device and just threw it over his shoulder, causing Alex to raise another eyebrow. "What the fuck, man!? I just busted my ass to bring this here, why the hell?"

"No, you didn't bust your ass to bring this thing here, you busted your ass to bring yourself up here. Because I am not interested in this antique mobile phone that doesn't even work." The man explained. "I was interested in you."
"Sorry, bud, you are not my type!" Alex replied to that, ready to leave, but the man interrupted him once more. "Tell me, why did you agree to come here then?" The man asked. "Simple. You give me job, you give me money, I do shit for you, no questions asked. That's my number one rule!" He replied, being a bit irritated that this whole job was a bust. But his interest was piqued. "So what if I tell you to kill somebody?" The man asked in return. "Hm, I would say no!" Alex answered. He was many things, but he was not a killer. "So you won't kill?" The man asked. "No, I won't! But don't get me wrong, if somebody pulls a gun on me, I won't hesitate to break his hand and then shove this gun so far up his throat that I will tickle his asshole with the barrel!" Alex replied, causing the man to chuckle. "I like you kid, you have spirit. But there is something you lack." He reached into his thigh, which opened up, exposing an envelope. "Here's your money!" The man handed the envelope to Alex. "Also, there is an address inside. If you ever find out what it is you are lacking, you come here. Who knows, you mind end up getting a lot more than you bargained for!" As soon as the envelope was in Alex's hands the man's outlines started blurring, and soon he was invisible again. Alex stood up there, looking around, then at the envelope, then around again, then at the envelope again. Opening it, he saw the money, the address, nothing more. But he was still a bit bothered by this whole situation. "The thing you lack?" He mumbled, closing the envelope once more, placing it into his bag. He looked back at the city, taking a moment to admire the view. "Man, fuck that! Time for vodka and hookers!" He smiled, and jumped off the edge, sliding down to his next destination - Yellow flag - the bar where one could find the cheapest drinks in town!

That's a picture of Henry Cavill...

No restriction on image so long as it looks appropriate (read: cyberpunk).

Read: cyberpunk. Cyberpunk as in punks of cyber. Saiba-panku. A picture of Henry Cavill, star of the recent Superman movies, is not cyberpunk.

Okay so here we go.

First order of business, you want him to be unstable. Why is everyone trying to be Maika 2? Since there's already a character that's identified by that trait, you've got the same problem that Russian guy had. You're now competing for a role. And like Mr. Russian Accent, your odds do not look good because even though you both did it, Maika did it better.

Free-runner/bullshitter

Maika 2: Maika Harder

He can run like hell, obviously. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, A very nimble for a man his size, with a little help of cyber enhancements, he can run up a vertical wall. Also he can bullshit his way out of any situation. Apart from the one he was wanted for, there is no bullshitting around that.

So... his only skill is that he can run pretty fast?

Weapon specialization: N/A His body is a weapon.

So you don't use guns at all. That's a bad idea. A really bad idea. All it takes is some chump seeing him before he sees them and firing off a round.

Rest in Peace Ragna
???? - 2005
Good night, sweet prince.

My professional, medical opinion so we don't put your ashes in a coffee tin and throw you into the ocean: Buy a gun.
But if we do need to throw your ashes into the ocean, Magos would make a great Walter.
"Good night, sweet prince."

Additionally, his personality is so cut and dry, it's almost like you found him in a beef jerky factory. There isn't much to him besides being reckless, horny, and apparently crazy.
Just like the Russian guy, he's too one sided. I can immediately predict pretty much every interaction I'm gonna have with him because he only has one emotional beat. It's boring and you get tired of reading it really quickly when you know exactly how he's gonna respond to the next subject. He needs more depth than just: Crazy, irresponsible, questionable sexual habits.

Additionally, you've got some grammar hiccups sprinkled through the sheet, iron those out.

The interview is a lot like his character. Bland and without any real personality. Additionally... it's not an interview. We didn't get to know them, we just saw them impress a straw man, a lot like how Artyom used his to intimidate an NPC.

Like everyone else, you're allowed to write and rewrite as many times as you want, but do know you're playing from a very ineffective angle here.

1381870660296.jpg

“How are you doing today?”

“Fantastic, getting kidnapped is one of my favorite hobbies. What about you, how's your day?”

“It's just protocol, we need to asses your mood prior to beginning the session, proper. So let's start with your name.”

“Magos”

“Your real name...”

“That's as real a name as you're gonna' get out of me.”

“This is going to be much easier if you'd cooperate.”

“What is this a cop show? Next question.”

*sighs* “Where do you come from?”

“Pittsburgh.”

“Family?”

“Adoptive.”

“And how are they now?”

“I killed 'em.”

“We'll come back to that...”

“To be fair, they kinda' had it coming.”

“Indeed... So how did you begin you profession?”

“What running? I had come into possession of some illegal hardware. Found me an arms dealer and sold it.”

“Do you only run arms?”

"I started running arms exclusively, but eventually began taking more exciting jobs like heists and destruction jobs."

“And how do you like running?”

“It puts food on the table and rounds in my gun, frankly it can be quite nice if I've got a steady client. Repeat business is a good sign of success when you're a runner”

“Moving on to some lighter topics. Do you have any hobbies?”

“...What?”

“Protocol...”

“Right, hobbies. Honestly I try to focus on work as much as possible, I figure if I'm preoccupied with setting up the next run I'll be less likely to find trouble.”

“certainly you don't expect us to believe you devote the entirety of your time making runs.”

“I was getting to that. I've got a few hobbies, I guess. I like books, and I'd like to think of myself as a movie buff, I also am a fan of a nice craft beer when I can find one.”

“Going back to you family. Can you tell us about them?”

“They're dead, remember?”

“Indeed, but what happened?”

*sighs* “Where to begin... Alright so, do you remember the organization called The Steel Lorekeepers?”

“Yes, go on...”

“Well I was a Lorekeeper way back when, which explains the armor. At some point the Masters of the group got greedy and started dealing in the kinds of goods most runners won't even touch. At first it was arms, then illegal cybernetics, then drugs, and finally slave trade. They went to pretty extreme measures to keep their dealings a secret. I started doing some snooping when some friends of mine when missing. It was easy for someone like me to figure out the kind of shit they were into, since I was the one running guns for them in the first place. Now that I think about it I suppose I've been running for a while before I turned on the Lorekeepers. I'm pretty sure you can guess how the rest of this story plays out.”

“How did you single-handedly topple an organization such as that?”

“I never said I did it by myself. I was able to stage a revolt with a fair few of the other soldiers, plus some outside help from one of our clients who had shred enough of morality to take issue with what was going on.”

“I can't say that we wouldn't have felt the same as this client you've mentioned.”

“About that we thing...”

“We're not here to talk about that. You're the topic of interest currently... One last question before we're done here.”

“Shoot.”

“Your job completion rate is quite impeccable, but there appears to be one instance of delivery not completed.”

“And?”

“Could you tell us about that?”

“Sure. So the client I had mentioned earlier ended up being a pretty steady source of work, and we got on pretty well. Anyway I get this delivery for some wannabe mafia outfit, and it was pretty much a textbook run... until it came time to make the exchange.”

“So what happened?”

“They decided to get cute and try to pay with drugs. Which was strictly against policy, and if that wasn't bad enough they further decided that they weren't gonna' let me take my package back and be on my merry way. Needless to say they died, but I'd also got shot up pretty bad. I got out of there and returned the package back to my client, who'd apparently already gotten word that the deal had gone ploin shaped”

“Arms dealers are known for being less than forgiving.”

“Yeah I thought I was pretty much fucked no matter what I did. I figure the best chance I had of not getting more holes put in me was to get them their shit back and attempt to explain myself.”

“And what was enough for them?”

“Actually no, like I said my client had gotten word pretty quickly about the stunt those gangers had pulled. She was pretty pissed when she found out I'd nearly gotten myself killed when help was already on it's way. Ultimately I got a complimentary hospital visit and an ass beating from my client, but I'm still alive.”

“You got an ass beating from a woman?”

“Don't you judge me.”

“I think that will be all. Thank you for your time.”

Stats for nerds

Alias: Magos
Blood Type: O -
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185 lbs

Psyche profile: Magos is kind of a loner, though not by choice (he's not stinky either). It's just kind of something that happens when you murder a bunch of your friends because they turned out to be assholes. So that means that he had to spend the last several years being self reliant and getting really good at keeping boredom at bay. He first started his career as a runner soloing jobs and making it work first through careful planning and later through tons of experience (seriously this guy has probably over 200 runs on the books). Eventually Magos started taking team up jobs, it was nice he had people to not talk to, but he really couldn't find a crew that he could fit well with (was it the sword?... It was probably the sword.) Needless to say while he's kind of a lonely guy, who comes off mean and cold at first but will not hesitate to talk your ear off if you bring up subjects like movies, food, or running (seriously the dude's got a million stories to tell.). This is not to say he's friendly, but he does had a pretty long run of it (IS THAT A PUN!?) and no crew to share it with.

Runner Methodology: As mentioned before Magos carefully plans his runs prior to accepting them and again prior to actually embarking on the job. Due to his long history making runs Magos has seen a variety of teams and jobs making his experience his most valuable asset. Working in tandem with his experience is his ability to know exactly what equipment he needs to pull a job off without incident, so in spite of he preference to dress up like an old timey knight, he will forgo his armored getup if the task needs it. Magos also prefers anonymity and as such has never shown his face since becoming a runner (with the exception of a certain sexy arms dealer... don't ask he wont tell us either.) this allows him conduct logistic operations in plain clothes with impunity. He also has a knack for job preparation conducting detailed surveillance and walkthroughs of a mark before taking any action.

Type: Rider

Wanted For: Grand larceny; Robbery; Illegal distribution of firearms, explosives, and controlled technologies; Robbery; Destruction of property; Murder (duh); resisting arrest; jailbreak; terrorism

Relevant Skills: Planning, Heists, Evasion, Delivery, Paramilitary operations

Weapon Specialization: Magos is skilled in the use of a variety of weapons, but favors those prominently used by the militant arm of the now defunct Steel Lorekeepers. He maintains a small assortment of weapons allowing him to carefully tailor his loadout prior to beginning a run, as it's often more viable to carry weapons to counter the most likely threats rather than attempt to carry an entire armory at all times.

1) Stagger shot.
The MX-210 stagger shot is a large caliber pistol designed specifically for use by members of the Lorekeepers. It features unique mass reactive ammunition that triggers a secondary rocket motor to burrow the round into a target prior to detonating. Primarily used for unarmored or lightly armored targets. This weapon is regularly carried on the job due to it's authoritativeness and effectiveness. (Authoritativeness means it looks mean and goes bang good)

a492a4e12330ceed2a611d74eaff335f.jpg

2) Hellion
The MG-666 Hellion is a drum fed light machine-gun, firing tungsten tipped SOST rounds with a cycling rate of 800-900 rounds per minute. Magos rarely takes this weapon on runs due to it's bulky size, but he always smiles when the DAKA machine is brought to bear
1431571455313.jpg
3) Magpul PDR
The PDR's small size and ability to be suppressed make it ideal for non-direct (covert) combat. It fires standard 5.56mm ammunition and is normally not equipped for delivery runs.
b30e1797-dd0b-4b4b-b056-c60387892a2b_zps6e63d43f.jpg

4) Castigator power sword
The castigator is a Lorekeeper exclusive weapon, it primarily functions as a symbol of office, but sports internal kinetic amplifiers making it an effective close combat weapon as well. Its size and weight make it more of an edgy bludgeon as opposed to a proper cutting implement but it gets the job done.

510-1-1413576764.jpg
Body Mods: Neural integration unit, Various life support prosthetics (lung, liver, portions of GI tract)

Gear: Due to his background Magos presents very few artificial modifications, but what he lack in bionics he makes up for in gear.

3eee79459a8ff240d0db5049f70824dc.jpg

Armor of the Keepers:

essentially modern combat armor stylized to resemble that of knights of the middle ages. The armor possesses minor utility and combative features. Most notable of the armor's features are a wide range field sensor which can detect infrared and ultraviolet waves, as well as a targeting HUD which marks and highlights objects designated by the operator. Magos has also fitted a dataspike into the left gauntlet allowing him to input override commands into most commercial and private security system, allowing the disabling of security sensors, and opening doors.

Greyon:
estela-villas-plaza-motorcyclerender3.jpg
A custom built chopper Magos bought, He absolutely adores the machine because not only does it complete the knight motif (trusty steed), but it's fast as shit and looks really neat so it's also good for escapes. I mean seriously, you see a guy in full platemail hauling balls down the freeway on a big ass chopper, you're gonna' think that's the tightest shit you've ever seen, and if you don't agree you can just hit me with that
6a00d8341fd10e53ef01a3fce3b2a8970b-pi
right now, SON!

Bio: Magos was orphaned early in life, but was eventually adopted by a member of The Steel Lorekeepers.

The Lorekeepers were a technocratic cult that worshiped technological advancement but believed that it should not compromise the human form as it was sacred. Instead they focused on technologies and augmentations that would interface with humans without requiring surgery or prosthetics. Fully indoctrinated at a young age, and peerlessly zealous Magos became a soldier in the militant arms of the Lorekeepers. He quickly ascended to the rank of magos, from which he derives his moniker.

Over the course of a decade and various changes in leadership the lore keepers had become corrupt and greedy, they began pursuing illegal enterprises. This was mostly tolerated as it made the organization wealthy but as their success and influence grew, their scruples shrank. The masters of the Lorekeepers eventually began trading in more unsavory goods (slaves...possibly slavs too). This eventually led to a revolt within the organization lead by Magos himself and when the dust (and blood) had settled the now defunct Lorekeepers were all but destroyed, with Magos being the sole claimant of their identity.

Following the Destruction of the Lorekeepers, Magos found himself with no work and many enemies. To his fortune he also had unfettered access to all manner of exclusive tech and relics, wasting as little time as possible he gathered everythign he could conceal and made for a weapons trader that he'd dealt with before. This first run became the start of a long stint of making high value deliveries and various heists during which Magos honed a variety of skills

SPESS MUHREEN

Okay now that that's out of the way, let's get to Magos.

This is a cool idea you've got going. Cyberknight with a chopper. It's so crazy, it works. He's cool as hell without needing his writer to over-advertise him. You've actually done a really good job with him.

Now that does mean we have two sword guys on the team, but they are so vastly different in their approaches that it honestly doesn't really matter. That and their swordsmanship styles have that East vs West clash. Which is a good thing.

His methodology is solid and I do like that despite all the experience he's got, you haven't made him into some overpowered tank. He's grounded and his equipment makes sense.

I actually can't find much to critique here, you've put a lot of thought into this.
And yeah. The chopper is the tightest shit ever.

Good job. Will most likely be accepted unless someone else posts a cyberknight that's better or something.
A cyberknight... with two swords.

Sizniche Sizniche
Still waiting for you to finish up your sheet.
So far you've got a good concept and I kind of like the new-guy angle you're taking.
He may need a little buffing in the combat department. Nothing crazy, just make it so that he's good enough to contribute to the team, even if we have to kind of carry him a bit.

Sizniche Sizniche
Still waiting for you to finish up your sheet.
So far you've got a good concept and I kind of like the new-guy angle you're taking.
He may need a little buffing in the combat department. Nothing crazy, just make it so that he's good enough to contribute to the team, even if we have to kind of carry him a bit.
Alright. Will do soon.

RUNNER ID CARD​

Full Name: Ardyn M. Corsi
Alias: Raze
Blood Type: B+
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125lb
Eye color: Amber
Hair color: Dark brown

INTRODUCTION

[ TYPE ]
Invisible Sniper

[ WANTED FOR ]
Trespassing, murder, illegal distribution of firearms, resisting arrest, breaking and entering

[ SKILLS ]
Physical: She is a very accurate sharpshooter from a far distance, often scouting out the perfect location for the shot. This includes rooftops of nearby buildings, cracked open windows from nearby houses or motels, or even just simply down the street. Thus, her sniper rifle is her most prized possession. Although she can still accurately shoot with normal pistols, she much prefers the wide range and power provided by the rifle. Raze often stays hidden in the background and due to her ability to see everything from her vantage point, she is able to provide backup for her team almost immediately if things start to turn south. She can throw explosives with precise aim, including grenades and smoke bombs. Additionally, Raze is very stealthy and agile, able to sneak into the places to secure her perfect sniping location. Thus, she has become quite skilled in picking locks, disabling security systems, and is somehow always able to slip by unnoticed.

Social: Raze values direct, respectful communication, so she will often voice her own opinions on social, political, and philosophical issues. When meeting new people, she is great at listening, always asking the right questions and showing interest. However, if she becomes bored, she will naturally zone out and stop listening, but will continue saying the right conversational prompts. Thus, she is skilled at making small talk and charming people by focusing the attention on the other person. Afterall, people love talking about themselves. However, if any personal questions are asked, she will immediately divert the conversation, as she will never share anything real about herself unless someone is very close to her.

[ WEAPON SPECIALIZATION ]
The Remington 700 model is her favorite sniper rifle due to its perfect balance between weight (6lb unloaded) and range (up to 1000yd). Its feed system includes 3, 4, 5, 6-round internal magazine.
700VTR_Beauty-BipodUp.png
For longer ranges, she uses either the CheyTac M200 or the Timberwolf C14. The CheyTac M200, however, weighs 31lbs (without the scope) but has an effective range of over 2100yd and a feed system of 4 or 7 rounds. The Timberwolf C14, on the other hand, weighs 15lbs (unloaded), has an effective range of up to 1600yd, and a 5-round detachable box magazine. Depending on the situation, she will use either of these rifles for a longer range, which would take longer to set up than the Remington 700.
1339335839_ct087b.jpg
timberwolf_c14.jpg
Additionally, she uses grenade launchers (either handheld or shoulder-fired) for a more explosive effect, and has no problem with simply using her bare hands if needed. She usually fires grenades when her team is in need of backup. Raze also uses smoke bombs, toxic gas bombs, and tear gas bombs for specific effects. Thus, her team always carries goggles in the field so that they are not injured by her bombs.
Shoulder-fired
MGL%20TYPE%20RBG-6%202401_b.jpg

Handheld
image47.png
[ BODY MODS ]
Raze does not have any heavy modifications despite her parent’s business, but she does have small improvements to aide her. The occipital lobe in her brain, which is the vision center, is enhanced to have clearer vision as well as her cerebellum, which was improved to grant her higher hand-eye coordination and accuracy. The muscles in her feet and legs are also embedded with cyber fibers to enhance agility, stealth, and endurance.

Furthermore, she has a long scar running from her left shoulder blade down to her lower spine. She has a tattoo of her brother’s birth and death dates as well as her parent’s birth and death dates in roman numerals on the back of her neck.

BIOGRAPHY

Ardyn grew up in what was once Washington D. C. with two loving parents, a protective older brother, and a rather normal childhood. She was quite happy going to school, hanging out with her friends, and doing typical teenage girl things. Her parents owned a cybernetics business together to help the physically disabled. However, what she didn’t know was that they were secretly performing cybernetics procedures on local gang members and criminals for more profit. Her fate took a turn for the worse when her parents decided to scam one of the drug kingpins in the area. At the age of 15, her parents were both killed with a clean shot to the head.

Ardyn and her brother were devastated with the event, and she was shocked to find out about her parent’s side job. Along with this reveal, her brother disclosed to her that he had been a Runner for the past few years. His alias was Razor. Thus, he took his little sister under his wing and taught her everything he knew. Razor was a renowned sniper in the area, often taking up hit jobs and teaming up with a couple close friends for the larger missions. Soon, Ardyn had become almost as skilled as his brother and they decided to avenge their parents. With a small group, they located the drug kingpin responsible for their parents’ murders and one calm summer morning, the drug lord was found dead with a single bullet through his head. Ardyn had made her first kill. This debut into the running scene granted her the alias, Raze.

The two siblings tag-teamed together for the next couple of years, forming quite the formidable pair. Life on the streets running with her brother and his friends turned the once innocent, sweet teenager into a cunning, observant sniper. What set this team apart from many of the other Runners was their reluctance to kill the innocent and their desire to reduce as much collateral damage as possible. Their strategies and methods would often revolve around this moral principle, even if it did not always succeed and set them at a disadvantage sometimes.

One day, Razor and his team took up another hit job for a notoriously dangerous gang. Their team was hired to kill the mafia boss of a rival gang during an important meeting, which was much bigger than their normal targets. During the mission, Raze and her brother were on the rooftop of a nearby building setting up their shot. As the mafia boss came into view, Raze was about to pull the trigger when all of a sudden, she was flat on the ground with Razor’s dead body on top of her. The mafia boss had hired a sniper as a precaution to protect himself from potential threats. The enemy sniper had taken a shot at her and Razor, and ended up killing her brother. Needless to say, the mission failed and the team soon disbanded following Razor’s death, as he had been the one to unite them.

Raze became fueled with anger, bitterness, and survivor’s guilt. She should have been shot, not him. Her coping mechanism with this guilt turned into an overwhelming need to avenge her brother’s death. For the next couple of years, all she focused on was hunting down the sniper who killed Razor. One silent winter night, she shot him through the window of his house. The bullet pierced his heart in front of his wife. However, the peace that she had expected to feel after his death never came. If anything, she felt more confused than ever.

She took up a cybernetics procedures job after this, as she had learned many skills from watching her parents. Thus, she aides in cybernetic surgeries during the weekdays and continues running on the weekends for some extra profit. Although her sniping skills have become quite well-known in the area, Raze tries to fly under the radar and avoids any big hit jobs.

PSYCHE PROFILE

Raze is an independent, observant, and stubborn person. She is not afraid of confrontation and will voice her opinions regardless of the situation. She has a quick and strategic mind, often noticing little details in the world around her and small changes in habits. Because of her analytical mind, she can be rather judgmental and critical of others, using her strict logic to make conclusions about them. Confident and decisive, Raze enjoys her own freedom and hates following unnecessary rules.

Her stubbornness, however, can be applied to her relationships with others, as she will never give up on those she loves, staying a constant and reliable presence in their lives. After Raze decides that a person is worth her time and dedication, he/she will have her unconditional loyalty. Although she appears to be a rather aloof person, she reveals her caring and warm-hearted side to those who have broken past her emotional barrier.

She is usually poised and collected, able to stay calm in stressful situations. Thus, her ability to work well under pressure, stay confident in her decisions, and follow her own intuition makes her a formidable sniper. Rarely will she allow her emotions to get the best of her, but when this does happen, she is at risk for making irrevocable mistakes.

Additionally, Raze has always been attracted to nature. Stargazing on rooftops and watching the sunrise gives her peace of mind. She enjoys listening to house music, reading mystery novels, and surprisingly, watching romantic comedies, which is perhaps the only thing left of her former naive self.

INTERVIEW

The interviewer finally finds his way up a 20-story building to the rooftop, where he sees Raze sitting on the edge of the roof with her legs dangling over the city. Loud house music is playing from a portable speaker next to her and her piercing amber eyes are focused on the stars above them.

"Hello! Raze!" the interviewer calls out.

Raze turns around from her seat on the edge and lets her legs drop onto the rooftop ground. She presses a button on her speakers to turn the music off. "Hi there! I hope finding this place wasn't too difficult."

"I got lost a couple times on the way up, but I made it," he replies.

"Sorry about that. Perhaps I should have chosen an easier location."

"Nah it's all good. Although that does lead into our first question: what are you doing when you're not running?"

"Well, I love stargazing and watching the sunrise. It's a peaceful feeling." She looks up at the sky. "Although it's usually hard to see much from all the light pollution," she says wistfully. "Also house music, crime novels, romantic comedies... those are my favorites."

"Romantic comedies, eh? Any romance in your life?" the interviewer asks curiously.

Raze's face immediately turns red and she's glad it's nighttime. "I didn't realize you were my father," she retorts, careful to keep her tone light.

"Ah I apologize for overstepping my boundaries," the man quickly says. "Any stories you would like to share?" he asks, changing the conversation.

"Hmm..." she pauses. "Well once, I was setting up for a shot and when the target came into view, I saw that his right-hand man was my boss," she chuckles. "That was quite a surprise, I--"

"Where do you work again?" he interrupts her.

"A cybernetics surgery company." She clears her throat. "Anyway, that was quite the surprise. I was THIS close to shooting that bastard," she snickers.

"Wow that's crazy! If it were me, I would have shot my boss in a heartbeat." His face goes pale. "Er... That was off the record!" he says frantically.

She laughs, a genuine smile appearing on her face for the first time that day. "Don't worry, if your boss tries anything with you, you let me know."

The interviewer relaxes and smiles laughingly. "I don't even want to ask what you would do, even though I think I already know," he chuckles. "So how do you feel about living two separate lives?"

"Mmm... it's interesting, to say the least. Sometimes I wonder what my coworkers would say if they knew how I spent my weekends." She pauses. "Although I do have to say that it is nice to pretend that I live a normal life at times."

"Pretend?"

"Well, I could never truly live a normal life. Not along with my Runner job."

"Have you ever considered quitting this lifestyle?"

"To be frank, sometimes. But I know I never could. I would die of boredom at a normal job and this is a part of me now. It's who I am." And it's the only way I can remember Razor, she thinks to herself.

"I totally understand." He nods with his eyes closed. "So what's your role in the team?"

"I'm a sniper. I locate the best possible place to set up my shot and I protect my team from afar."

"It seems you have quite a high success rate!"

"I always have their back," she agrees firmly.

"Except... I do see a major failure in your record from several years ago," he interjects awkwardly.

"Ah, that was when my brother got shot on the job. We tag-teamed all of our hits for a long time," she explains, careful to keep her voice even.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's quite alright. Occupational hazard," she quickly dismisses the subject. "I really like your tie by the way," she points to his plaid maroon tie, diverting the attention onto him.

"Ah thank you! My wife got it for me."

"Aww that's really sweet. What does she do?"

"She's an emergency room nurse. Works over at Midnight City Hospital."

"Wow that sounds intense and exciting! Any crazy stories?"

"Quite a lot actually! Once, she got a man who was bleeding out of his arm and...."

The interviewer explains his story while Raze starts to zone out. Her thoughts wander to her most recent hit and what cybernetic procedure she'll be helping with tomorrow. She nods once in a while and says the occasional "and then what happened?" along with a few "wow!" or "that's awesome!"
----------​
"Well it looks like our time is up! It's been SO nice talking to you. I truly had a great conversation," the interviewer exclaims as he gets up to leave.

"I did too! Thank you so much for coming by," she smiles at him and watches him go before releasing the deep breath she hadn't even realized she was holding.

Last edited:

Alias: Krueger

Blood Type: B Positive

Appearance:
XwqmD3m.jpg

Eye colour: Light green
Hair colour: Blonde
Height: 6'0ft
Weight: 147lbs
Extra: Two triangle tattoos under either eye

Type:
Computer Jockey

Wanted For:
Extortion[Cyber], Fraud, Phishing, Ransomware, Assault, Trespassing, Second-degree murder, Theft

Relevant Skills:
Computer Wizz-
Give her an access port, her kit and a little time. You’ll soon have access to a lot of information. Usefulness of said information not guaranteed. Hand-to-Hand- Don’t listen to stereotypes. Just because Krueger likes computers, doesn’t mean she won’t play meet and greet with her elbow and an aggressor's nose. She doesn’t have any formal training, but she's got a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Her.

Weapon Specialization:
MGA-E Bouncer-

ylAXxwJ.jpg

Kursk-T Mrk 3-
CnSYU5M.jpg

Body Mods:
Both left and right arms below the elbow and both legs below the knee have been replaced with cybernetics. Reinforced alloy, useful for combat and modifying for other purposes, however it is not strictly intended for combative use.

Bio:
Alexis grew up in Midnight City. Due north-east, about twenty miles before you hit the coast, a half mile area of dull, dark grey blocks made up her home. Slate Town, locals called it. A miserable blot on the map. Her youth consisted of trailing around after her older sister, Anya, sitting on corner blocks or on the open walkway from the P-Block house, to O-Block house. Doing nothing. She only went to school when her sister reached a certain age, the point where having your younger sibling following you around wasn’t so cool.

Years seemed to drag themselves by for Alexis during her education. She was without many friends, any at all really, due to a her shy, introverted attitude at the time.The school gave her a free meal though, and a place to stay, if you knew where to hide away while the janitors cleaned up. It was here that she first found her affinity for computers. Messing about with them whenever possible, learning what they could do, what you could learn from what they hold stored away. By the time she was sixteen, she was already getting handy at 'retrieving' people's personal information. Private messages, files and other such things on people's personal devices. Simple stuff, but a beginning.

Actual jobs only came through as she reached her twenties. Having moved out, and working at a diner, Alexis agreed to download some spyware onto a secure system for a small fee. Once done, she started to do her own work, as well as pick up other running jobs. A mixture of necessity to provide for herself, and passion derived from breaking into a system drove her to take up increasingly serious, as well as better paid jobs.

Psyche Profile:
Alexis is a fairly insular individual. To the casual observer at least. Skeptical, eccentric and socially awkward would be a more accurate description from those better acquainted. She attempts to present a front of detached professionalism, but falls flat on a regular basis as she struggles to conduct herself with even a trace of grace. Her ‘professional’ facade mostly comes off as forced and disingenuous, as she plasters on a weak smile and awkwardly converses. Those with a more substantial friendship with her see less of the bumbling and the strained facial expressions, and a more animated, if slightly odd woman. She regularly sports a lopsided smile, and is prone to half-baked jokes which she’ll get most of the way through before she starts snorting at her own ‘amusing’ statement.
An intense enthusiasm for technology and body-mods[Cybernetics, tattoos etc] means that any conversation about either topic will have her obliviously chatting away, content whether another person is listening, simply nodding their head or has gotten up and left.
Alexis maintains a moral code of sorts. She takes minimal enjoyment in killing, but will not hesitate to pull the trigger if required. An intensely competitive upbringing has left her with ‘dog eat dog’ philosophy, and a pragmatic side which see’s her more idiosyncratic nature protected by practicality.

"Tell me about yourself, and tell me about something you've done on the job.":

A cameraman and interviewer sit opposite Krueger in a poorly lit room, clothes, food cartons and odd devices lay on the floor. She awkwardly tries to kick some of it out of view.

“Can I get you guys a drink, or… something?”
“We’re okay. If you don’t mind, we’ll start?”
“Sure…”
“Well, how’d you get into the ‘business’, of being a runner?”
“Errr, well, I guess when I stole the mark scheme to an exam when I was fifteen. Sold it to my classmates.”
“Ohh? Humble beginnings and all then.”
“Yeah.. Something like that.”
“How did you learn to hack into things like your school system? Did someone teach you?”
“No. I kinda just, messed about with computers and stuff.”
“Any motivation? Or did it just seem natural?”
“Not really, to the natural thing I mean. I just wanted to mess with my sister at first.”
“So you have siblings? What about the rest of your family?”
“Uhmm, yeah. One sister. Dad didn't hang around, mom spent her days either working, or.. Not being a great parent.”
“How so?”
“I-I. I. Can we move on?”

“That’s very impressive. So you make all your own gear?”

“Mostly. But I haven’t shown you the best thing, hang on.”

Krueger clear her throat dramatically.

“S.I.D. , say hello.”

A polite, robotic voice comes from her wrist.

“Hello. How can I be of assistance?”
“How cool is he!”
“He? What?”
“Yeah, he.”
“What, err, what is, he?”
“He’s S.I.D. Smart intelligence device. It should be M.S.I.D, for mobile smart intelligence device. But that doesn’t sound as good. Hence, Sid. Helps me with my work.”
“And you.. You made Sid?”
“...”
“You didn’t make-”
“Technically, no. But I made him mobile, and gave him a name, and a voice! Plus, adapted him for my.. occupation.”
“Right. Him.”
“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Well, thank you for your time, Krueger.”
“You’re welcome, not sure what good all that stuff will be to you, but, ya know. Enjoy.”
“Oh, I forgot to ask. Why the name?”
“Errr, you ever watch that film, Nightmare on Elm Street?”
“I have. You don’t seem like a ‘Freddy’ type.”
“I’m not. But I was scared shitless of him as a kid. Sister wouldn’t let the name go, used it to freak me out. So, I adopted it. My way of saying I wasn’t scared anymore I guess.”
“Did it work? I take it you aren’t scared anymore.”
“...”
“Krueg-”
“So yeah.. Good meeting you and all.”

RUNNER ID CARD

Full Name: Ardyn M. Corsi
Alias: Raze
Blood Type: B+
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125lb
Eye color: Amber
Hair color: Dark brown

INTRODUCTION

[ TYPE ]
Invisible Hand

[ WANTED FOR ]
Trespassing, murder, illegal distribution of firearms, resisting arrest, breaking and entering

[ SKILLS ]
Physical: She is a very accurate sharpshooter from a far distance, often scouting out the perfect location for the shot. This includes rooftops of nearby buildings, cracked open windows from nearby houses or motels, or even just simply down the street. Thus, her sniper rifle is her most prized possession. Although she can still accurately shoot with normal pistols, she much prefers the wide range and power provided by the rifle. Raze often stays hidden in the background and due to her ability to see everything from her vantage point, she is able to provide backup for her team almost immediately if things start to turn south. She can throw explosives with precise aim, including grenades and smoke bombs. Additionally, Raze is very stealthy and agile, able to sneak into the places to secure her perfect sniping location. Thus, she has become quite skilled in picking locks, disabling security systems, and is somehow always able to slip by unnoticed.

Social: Raze values direct, respectful communication, so she will often voice her own opinions on social, political, and philosophical issues. When meeting new people, she is great at listening, always asking the right questions and showing interest. However, if she becomes bored, she will naturally zone out and stop listening, but will continue saying the right conversational prompts. Thus, she is skilled at making small talk and charming people by focusing the attention on the other person. Afterall, people love talking about themselves. However, if any personal questions are asked, she will immediately divert the conversation, as she will never share anything real about herself unless someone is very close to her.

[ WEAPON SPECIALIZATION ]
The Remington 700 model is her favorite sniper rifle due to its perfect balance between weight (6lb unloaded) and range (up to 1000yd). Its feed system includes 3, 4, 5, 6-round internal magazine.
700VTR_Beauty-BipodUp.png
For longer ranges, she uses either the CheyTac M200 or the Timberwolf C14. The CheyTac M200, however, weighs 31lbs (without the scope) but has an effective range of over 2100yd and a feed system of 4 or 7 rounds. The Timberwolf C14, on the other hand, weighs 15lbs (unloaded), has an effective range of up to 1600yd, and a 5-round detachable box magazine. Depending on the situation, she will use either of these rifles for a longer range, which would take longer to set up than the Remington 700.
1339335839_ct087b.jpg
timberwolf_c14.jpg
Additionally, she uses grenade launchers (either handheld or shoulder-fired) for a more explosive effect, and has no problem with simply using her bare hands if needed. She usually fires grenades when her team is in need of backup. Raze also uses smoke bombs, toxic gas bombs, and tear gas bombs for specific effects. Thus, her team always carries goggles in the field so that they are not injured by her bombs.
Shoulder-fired
MGL%20TYPE%20RBG-6%202401_b.jpg

Handheld
image47.png
Toxic gas bomb
latest
Tear gas/smoke bomb
image47.png
[ BODY MODS ]
Raze does not have any heavy modifications despite her parent’s business, but she does have small improvements to aide her. The occipital lobe in her brain, which is the vision center, is enhanced to have clearer vision as well as her cerebellum, which was improved to grant her higher hand-eye coordination and accuracy. The muscles in her feet and legs are also embedded with cyber fibers to enhance agility, stealth, and endurance.

Furthermore, she has a long scar running from her left shoulder blade down to her lower spine. She has a tattoo of her brother’s birth and death dates as well as her parent’s birth and death dates in roman numerals on the back of her neck.

BIOGRAPHY

Ardyn grew up in what was once Washington D. C. with two loving parents, a protective older brother, and a rather normal childhood. She was quite happy going to school, hanging out with her friends, and doing typical teenage girl things. Her parents owned a cybernetics business together to help the physically disabled. However, what she didn’t know was that they were secretly performing cybernetics procedures on local gang members and criminals for more profit. Her fate took a turn for the worse when her parents decided to scam one of the drug kingpins in the area. At the age of 15, her parents were both killed with a clean shot to the head.

Ardyn and her brother were devastated with the event, and she was shocked to find out about her parent’s side job. Along with this reveal, her brother disclosed to her that he had been a Runner for the past few years. His alias was Razor. Thus, he took his little sister under his wing and taught her everything he knew. Razor was a renowned sniper in the area, often taking up hit jobs and teaming up with a couple close friends for the larger missions. Soon, Ardyn had become almost as skilled as his brother and they decided to avenge their parents. With a small group, they located the drug kingpin responsible for their parents’ murders and one calm summer morning, the drug lord was found dead with a single bullet through his head. Ardyn had made her first kill. This debut into the running scene granted her the alias, Raze.

The two siblings tag-teamed together for the next couple of years, forming quite the formidable pair. Life on the streets running with her brother and his friends turned the once innocent, sweet teenager into a cunning, observant sniper. What set this team apart from many of the other Runners was their reluctance to kill the innocent and their desire to reduce as much collateral damage as possible. Their strategies and methods would often revolve around this moral principle, even if it did not always succeed and set them at a disadvantage sometimes.

One day, Razor and his team took up another hit job for a notoriously dangerous gang. Their team was hired to kill the mafia boss of a rival gang during an important meeting, which was much bigger than their normal targets. During the mission, Raze and her brother were on the rooftop of a nearby building setting up their shot. As the mafia boss came into view, Raze was about to pull the trigger when all of a sudden, she was flat on the ground with Razor’s dead body on top of her. The mafia boss had hired a sniper as a precaution to protect himself from potential threats. The enemy sniper had taken a shot at her and Razor, and ended up killing her brother. Needless to say, the mission failed and the team soon disbanded following Razor’s death, as he had been the one to unite them.

Raze became fueled with anger, bitterness, and survivor’s guilt. She should have been shot, not him. Her coping mechanism with this guilt turned into an overwhelming need to avenge her brother’s death. For the next couple of years, all she focused on was hunting down the sniper who killed Razor. One silent winter night, she shot him through the window of his house. The bullet pierced his heart in front of his wife. However, the peace that she had expected to feel after his death never came. If anything, she felt more confused than ever.

She took up a cybernetics procedures job after this, as she had learned many skills from watching her parents. Thus, she aides in cybernetic surgeries during the weekdays and continues running on the weekends for some extra profit. Although her sniping skills have become quite well-known in the area, Raze tries to fly under the radar and avoids any big hit jobs.

PSYCHE PROFILE

Raze is an independent, observant, and stubborn person. She is not afraid of confrontation and will voice her opinions regardless of the situation. She has a quick and strategic mind, often noticing little details in the world around her and small changes in habits. Because of her analytical mind, she can be rather judgmental and critical of others, using her strict logic to make conclusions about them. Confident and decisive, Raze enjoys her own freedom and hates following unnecessary rules.

Her stubbornness, however, can be applied to her relationships with others, as she will never give up on those she loves, staying a constant and reliable presence in their lives. After Raze decides that a person is worth her time and dedication, he/she will have her unconditional loyalty. Although she appears to be a rather aloof person, she reveals her caring and warm-hearted side to those who have broken past her emotional barrier.

She is usually poised and collected, able to stay calm in stressful situations. Thus, her ability to work well under pressure, stay confident in her decisions, and follow her own intuition makes her a formidable sniper. Rarely will she allow her emotions to get the best of her, but when this does happen, she is at risk for making irrevocable mistakes.

Additionally, Raze has always been attracted to nature. Stargazing on rooftops and watching the sunrise gives her peace of mind. She enjoys listening to house music, reading mystery novels, and surprisingly, watching romantic comedies, which is perhaps the only thing left of her former naive self.

INTERVIEW

The interviewer finally finds his way up a 20-story building to the rooftop, where he sees Raze sitting on the edge of the roof with her legs dangling over the city. Loud house music is playing from a portable speaker next to her and her piercing amber eyes are focused on the stars above them.

"Hello! Raze!" the interviewer calls out.

No answer.

"HELLO!" the interviewer shouts above the music and starts walking towards her.

No answer.

"FOR GOD’S SAKE, RAZE!!!!" the interviewer screams at the top of his lungs and taps her on the shoulder.

Raze instantly turns around with a pistol cocked in her hand and pointed at the interviewer’s head.

The man’s face instantly turns pale and he throws his hands up into the air.

When she realizes who he is, she lowers the gun and turns down the volume to the music. “Oh hi, why didn’t you just say my name?” she asks, clearly annoyed that her down time had been disrupted.

The interviewer sighs deeply and fixes his collar. “Sorry to bother you, but we have an interview scheduled for tonight.”

Raze nods with annoyance. “Well let’s get it over with then,” she prompts him impatiently.

“So how did you get into running?”

”Both my parents were shot in the head then my brother was killed when it should have been me,” she replies curtly.

The interviewer clears his throat awkwardly as he scribbles something down on his clipboard. “So what’s your role in the team?”

”I’m a sniper. I can shoot anyone from a mile away given enough time. I’ve killed countless people on this very rooftop, actually,” she boasts.

The man looks down at the ground where he’s standing and gulps nervously. Sweat drips onto his paper and his hand shakes fearfully.

”Hey don’t be scared. I don’t bite,” she reassures him with a mischievous smile. “No seriously, I try my best not to kill innocent people. Can’t say I always succeed though, and can’t say the same thing about my team either.”

The interviewer nods warily and prepares to ask the next question.

”Enough about me, what about you? How did a wealthy guy like you become an interviewer for criminals?” she interrupts him, noticing the expensive watch he’s wearing.

The man looks down at his watch. “Oh this? My wife stole it for me actually. She’s a runner too,” he admits bashfully.

”Wow you should be careful. Runners can be quite unpredictable,” she warns him. “Do you even know how to use a gun?”

”Er… No but-”

”Seriously?” she cuts him off, genuinely surprised. “How do you expect to stay alive in this world then?” Raze takes out her gun and thrusts it into the man’s hand. “Here, I’ll teach you.”

”Actually, we have a bunch of questions we still need to get through. And I couldn’t figure out how to get up here so we’re already behind schedule,” the interviewer protests, anxiously holding the gun like it’s about to explode any second.

”And whose fault is that?” she retorts. “Who cares if we don’t get through the questions? They’re probably boring anyway.”

”I could get fired!” he exclaims.

”Boo hoo, you don’t get to interrogate dangerous criminals anymore,” she teases. “Now, do you want to worry about your job that’s probably going to get you killed anyway or do you want to learn how to protect yourself?”

The man sighs in defeat and raises the gun upside down.

”Are you serious? For Christ’s sake, you’re going to end up shooting yourself before a Runner gets the chance to.” Raze flips the gun right side up and returns it to the interviewer, placing his hand in the correct position. “Now try to hit that wooden crate next to the wall,”she points to the box near the door.

The interviewer closes one eye and aims his gun at the box. A few seconds later, he pulls the trigger and the window on the other end of the wall shatters.

Raze facepalms. “Is that really all you got?”

The man smiles with embarrassment. “Maybe we should get back to the interview…” he suggests worriedly.

”NO. You’re going to be out here all night practicing this until you hit that damn box,” she commands him, noticing that this was exactly how her brother trained her when she had first started running. “Again,” Raze says cooly.

Your character concept's pretty good. Well written and there's depth here so that's also good.

The only gripe I have here is the interview.
I can't put my finger on it, but something about it just feels very unsatisfying. It's not bad, but something about it feels almost contrived or forced. I think it might be that we didn't get to learn much about her.

Either way though, the CS itself doesn't seem too bad so you've got a decent shot at getting in. If you want to rewrite things and change them, you're free to do so by all means.

Alias: Krueger

Blood Type: B Positive

Appearance:
XwqmD3m.jpg

Eye colour: Light green
Hair colour: Blonde
Height: 6'0ft
Weight: 147lbs
Extra: Two triangle tattoos under either eye

Type:
Computer Jockey

Wanted For:
Extortion[Cyber], Fraud, Phishing, Ransomware, Assault, Trespassing, Second-degree murder, Theft

Relevant Skills:
Computer Wizz-
Give her an access port, her kit and a little time. You’ll soon have access to a lot of information. Usefulness of said information not guaranteed. Hand-to-Hand- Don’t listen to stereotypes. Just because Krueger likes computers, doesn’t mean she won’t play meet and greet with her elbow and an aggressor's nose. She doesn’t have any formal training, but she's got a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Her.

Weapon Specialization:
MGA-E Bouncer-

ylAXxwJ.jpg

Kursk-T Mrk 3-
CnSYU5M.jpg

Body Mods:
Both left and right arms below the elbow and both legs below the knee have been replaced with cybernetics. Reinforced alloy, useful for combat and modifying for other purposes, however it is not strictly intended for combative use.

Bio:
Alexis grew up in Midnight City. Due north-east, about twenty miles before you hit the coast, a half mile area of dull, dark grey blocks made up her home. Slate Town, locals called it. A miserable blot on the map. Her youth consisted of trailing around after her older sister, Anya, sitting on corner blocks or on the open walkway from the P-Block house, to O-Block house. Doing nothing. She only went to school when her sister reached a certain age, the point where having your younger sibling following you around wasn’t so cool.

Years seemed to drag themselves by for Alexis during her education. She was without many friends, any at all really, due to a her shy, introverted attitude at the time.The school gave her a free meal though, and a place to stay, if you knew where to hide away while the janitors cleaned up. It was here that she first found her affinity for computers. Messing about with them whenever possible, learning what they could do, what you could learn from what they hold stored away. By the time she was sixteen, she was already getting handy at 'retrieving' people's personal information. Private messages, files and other such things on people's personal devices. Simple stuff, but a beginning.

Actual jobs only came through as she reached her twenties. Having moved out, and working at a diner, Alexis agreed to download some spyware onto a secure system for a small fee. Once done, she started to do her own work, as well as pick up other running jobs. A mixture of necessity to provide for herself, and passion derived from breaking into a system drove her to take up increasingly serious, as well as better paid jobs.

Psyche Profile:
Alexis is a fairly insular individual. To the casual observer at least. Skeptical, eccentric and socially awkward would be a more accurate description from those better acquainted. She attempts to present a front of detached professionalism, but falls flat on a regular basis as she struggles to conduct herself with even a trace of grace. Her ‘professional’ facade mostly comes off as forced and disingenuous, as she plasters on a weak smile and awkwardly converses. Those with a more substantial friendship with her see less of the bumbling and the strained facial expressions, and a more animated, if slightly odd woman. She regularly sports a lopsided smile, and is prone to half-baked jokes which she’ll get most of the way through before she starts snorting at her own ‘amusing’ statement.
An intense enthusiasm for technology and body-mods[Cybernetics, tattoos etc] means that any conversation about either topic will have her obliviously chatting away, content whether another person is listening, simply nodding their head or has gotten up and left.
Alexis maintains a moral code of sorts. She takes minimal enjoyment in killing, but will not hesitate to pull the trigger if required. An intensely competitive upbringing has left her with ‘dog eat dog’ philosophy, and a pragmatic side which see’s her more idiosyncratic nature protected by practicality.

"Tell me about yourself, and tell me about something you've done on the job.":

A cameraman and interviewer sit opposite Krueger in a poorly lit room, clothes, food cartons and odd devices lay on the floor. She awkwardly tries to kick some of it out of view.

“Can I get you guys a drink, or… something?”
“We’re okay. If you don’t mind, we’ll start?”
“Sure…”
“Well, how’d you get into the ‘business’, of being a runner?”
“Errr, well, I guess when I stole the mark scheme to an exam when I was fifteen. Sold it to my classmates.”
“Ohh? Humble beginnings and all then.”
“Yeah.. Something like that.”
“How did you learn to hack into things like your school system? Did someone teach you?”
“No. I kinda just, messed about with computers and stuff.”
“Any motivation? Or did it just seem natural?”
“Not really, to the natural thing I mean. I just wanted to mess with my sister at first.”
“So you have siblings? What about the rest of your family?”
“Uhmm, yeah. One sister. Dad didn't hang around, mom spent her days either working, or.. Not being a great parent.”
“How so?”
“I-I. I. Can we move on?”

“That’s very impressive. So you make all your own gear?”

“Mostly. But I haven’t shown you the best thing, hang on.”

Krueger clear her throat dramatically.

“S.I.D. , say hello.”

A polite, robotic voice comes from her wrist.

“Hello. How can I be of assistance?”
“How cool is he!”
“He? What?”
“Yeah, he.”
“What, err, what is, he?”
“He’s S.I.D. Smart intelligence device. It should be M.S.I.D, for mobile smart intelligence device. But that doesn’t sound as good. Hence, Sid. Helps me with my work.”
“And you.. You made Sid?”
“...”
“You didn’t make-”
“Technically, no. But I made him mobile, and gave him a name, and a voice! Plus, adapted him for my.. occupation.”
“Right. Him.”
“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Well, thank you for your time, Krueger.”
“You’re welcome, not sure what good all that stuff will be to you, but, ya know. Enjoy.”
“Oh, I forgot to ask. Why the name?”
“Errr, you ever watch that film, Nightmare on Elm Street?”
“I have. You don’t seem like a ‘Freddy’ type.”
“I’m not. But I was scared shitless of him as a kid. Sister wouldn’t let the name go, used it to freak me out. So, I adopted it. My way of saying I wasn’t scared anymore I guess.”
“Did it work? I take it you aren’t scared anymore.”
“...”
“Krueg-”
“So yeah.. Good meeting you and all.”

Finally, a hacker! I'm surprised we've gone this long without one being submitted.

Krueger's got a nice humility to her; she seems capable without you having to oversell her. Her personality makes her very likeable and down to earth; she behaves the way a real human being would behave. There's a natural tone to her. And that's a good thing.

Very good job, pretty good chance of making the cut.

And I'm glad you didn't bully the interviewer, I don't know why everyone seems to want to scare him.

Alias: Architect

Blood Type: ???

Appearance:

images

Architect's appearance is unknown to the team.

Type: Handler

Wanted For: Unkown

Relevant Skills: Remote mission management; Hacking; Intel acquisition; Job fixing; Communications
Architect feeds the team information as well as contacts them about jobs and missions. They act as a command center of sorts, providing real time information. They are a strange but beneficial asset; even if their exact motives are unknown.

Weapon Specialization: Unknown

Body Mods: Unknown

Bio:
Architect's background is unknown. They first became the team's handler after contacting some of them with a job and building a working relationship before bringing on more Runners to the team. Unlike most job fixers, Architect actually oversees the jobs they provide as well as the jobs not related to them. They seem to have developed some sort of innate desire to help the team, but the reasons are unknown.

Personality:
Architect is direct, straightforward, and pragmatic. They are most often heard through the team's ear pieces as a modulated voice that's been scrambled to avoid any sort of voice recognition. It's unknown whether they're male or female, or even what age they are.
They work from an unknown location, perhaps through some sort of terminal connection considering they're often hacking cameras and systems around locations in order to get an idea of the mission's status. They're all business, all the time and have shown little to no sense of humor, at least when they're speaking to the team.
Architect seems to be able to connect to nearly everything the team touches and has even contacted them on their personal devices; revealing that Architect may or may not know their real identities. Thus far, Architect hasn't shown any hostility, however.

Architect does take a cut from every job's payout.

Interview:

Subject unavailable.​

We'll learn a lot more about Architect in the future, but now that we've got a handler up and running, I'm going to be making and OOC thread. I'll give everyone one more day to finish up sheets and rewrite/adjust. Tomorrow, I'll be announcing our team.

Your character concept's pretty good. Well written and there's depth here so that's also good.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about it just feels very unsatisfying. It's not bad, but something about it feels almost contrived or forced. I think it might be that we didn't get to learn much about her.

Either way though, the CS itself doesn't seem too bad so you've got a decent shot at getting in. If you want to rewrite things and change them, you're free to do so by all means.
Thank you for the helpful criticism! Yeah I agree with the interview actually, I'll tweak that soon

Last edited:

I completely changed her interview! I think this fits the personality I had in mind for her much more accurately than what I had before. I was rather rushed the first time around (note to self: don't make characters at work), but let me know what you think and any other critiques that you might have

Last edited:
That's not a roast, my dude.
Alias: Ocelot

Blood Type: B-

Appearance:
57b21ab6dd56b1aef75ae232cfe3544c.jpg

Eye Color: Brown
Hair: Black
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 75 kg​

Ocelot's running outfit is pretty simple. Keep it lightweight and keep it simple. Shoes laces tied? Check. Pants tucked in? Check. Boxing tape tight? Check and check. The most high tech thing on him is the cat mask (Not a cat! It's an ocelot! Big difference!) It's a pretty standard multi-vision face mask that special forces units use, only retrofitted to fit the feline theme. Tacky, I know.

His physique is slim but toned, because you can't really run unless you're physically fit now, can you? He tries not to take the mask off while on the job. Cause letting people see your face while running is a great way to wake up to a flash bang and a SWAT team. And let me tell you, SWAT teams are not gentle bedfellows.

Type: Wannabe Ninja

Wanted For: Breaking and Entering; Homicide; Aiding and Abetting; Public Indecency; Theft; Petty Theft; Grand Theft Auto; Burglary; Trespassing; 1st and 2nd Degree Murder; Illegal Use of a Payphone; Possession (uhhh, that ain't mine); Assault and Battery; Assaulting a Police Officer; Running.​

Relevant Skills: Infiltration; CQC; Bad Jokes
For a guy who can't stop talking, he's surprisingly good at not being noticed when he doesn't want to be. His short, lightweight stature means he can get himself into smaller spaces and maneuver with ease. The sword might seem impractical, but a vibroblade comes in handy more often than one would think. He's pretty good with the sword, but by no means a master. Between you and me, it's a gimmick. He thinks it's cool, and yeah it kinda is... but dude... it's a sword.
Because it's a sword, that means it spends most of its time sheathed in favor of a firearm.

Weapon Specialization: Oooh, guns, guns, guns. Who doesn't like guns? Ocelot's used a couple throughout his career, but he's settled on a few workhorses he's taken a liking to.

edon-guraziu-bra-concept.jpg

The BRA-02 or 'Brat' is a PDW loosely based on the old P90 design. It fires 9x19mm rounds with a high rate of fire and features a 30 round magazine. It's admittedly a pretty sleek weapon, usually used by spec-ops and counter terrorist units around the world. Operators favor it for its ability to deliver decent stopping power with minimal recoil or loss of accuracy. Bigger than a submachine gun but smaller than a full on assault rifle, it's a good balance between firepower and weight. It can also be fitted with a silencer and subsonic ammo for covert operations.

Also, it looks pretty freakin' cool.

francois-hurtubise-screenshot010.jpg

The SG Model 26 uses .45 ACP rounds in an 8 round magazine. It's a reliable semi-automatic that jams just a little less than its competitors, and for that reason the manufacturer charges an arm and leg for these. Bit of advice from one Runner to another... just take one off a dead officer; the MCPD's strike teams tend to use these. That's how Ocelot got his. The high caliber means there's quite a bit of kick when firing, but a few rounds will most certainly knock someone down. Like most weapons favored by operators, they're designed to accept subsonic ammo and silencers for a more stealthy approach.

2v2V9HM.jpg

Ah yes... the inevitable sword. It's a katana. Yeah, I know, I know... just bear with me.

In his defense, Ocelot's not bad with it. He's surprisingly dedicated to learning it and his efforts have given him a pretty good understanding of sword play. He's got a handful of sword, but the one he takes with him most often is the one above. The blade is a custom built H-55, a weapon that used to be handed to some of the heavily augmented Japanese special forces units back when they used swords (Yeah, Japan actually used to employ cyborg ninjas. It was cool as hell but too expensive to keep doing it). The blade is made from a reinforced titanium alloy sharpened to a near molecular point. The blade also vibrates very slightly (slight enough for its movements to actually be undetectable by the average human sense of touch) but enough that cuts are aided by the practically microscopic sawing movements. It's an expensive weapon and easily the most valuable piece of equipment in his arsenal. It's out of his league when it comes to price, that's for sure. Ocelot never actually says how he got it; or rather he changes the story every time.
There's no way to sugar coat it. Deep down, Jim is a big nerd. Big enough for him to get his hands on this sword and decide he's gonna use it and look cool or die trying.

Body Mods: Ocelot is lightly modified. Jim's never liked the idea of crazy body mods. Not enough to forego them, but enough to try and keep from going chopping any limbs off. He had a reflex enhancer installed once he could afford it and it's worked pretty well for him. It clocks his reflexes down to be a bit faster than the average human being, but there will obviously be faster combatants out there somewhere. The muscles on his arms and legs are aided by synthetic fibers woven into his natural muscle fibers. This gives him greater endurance and slightly amped strength without having to dedicate to a fully cybernetic limb; although the mod isn't as powerful as actually replacing your limb.

Bio: James "Jim" Kavinsky was born to two middle class parents who worked nine to five jobs and lived in the middle levels of the city. He actually had kind of a normal upbringing for a Runner. Went to school, got decent grades, got set up to get a job after graduating; you know, the works. Growing up, Jim was a big nerd. No seriously, he was embarrassing in high school. If someone ever found his old year book, they'd find the name James Kavinsky underneath a lanky kid with braces and bad hair. It goes without saying that Jim was kind of a loser growing up, mostly because you can't be part of your school's anime club and still expect to be cool. Yeah, Jim's a big anime fan. Thankfully near the end of his high school life he grew into his body, actually convinced himself to start exercising if for no other reason than cripplingly low self-esteem, and got rid of the braces.

After high school, he started working at a sales company and absolutely hated it. Hours were long, work was boring, and the pay wasn't that good. Especially since Jim had expensive tastes. Those sexy anime figurines they ship from Japan ain't cheap. He never thought he'd take up running until he sort of fell into it. It was supposed to be a simple job. Put this package in your briefcase, take a train, leave the package at a door, come back and get paid. Easy right? Well it was. Easy enough to do it again. And again. And then realize that sometimes it might be a bit dangerous, so he bought a gun. Then another gun. Then he started taking jobs breaking into some dude's house. Hey that wasn't so bad? He could get used to this...

Fast forward a few years and he's been running for a while now. Why keep running? Because they're releasing a summer swimsuit set of figurines and he wants all of them, because the boxed set of some obscure ecchi anime just came out, and because the J-Pop idol Star Aria might be performing in North America soon and he wants tickets.

His parents think he's still working his old office job and that he's done such a good job to get lots of promotions, which is why he's got plenty of money. What they don't know won't hurt 'em. Right?

Psyche Profile: I hope you like hearing him talk, cause Jim talks a lot. He's the kind of guy who doesn't know when to shut up. He has a sense of humor that's a little too active for its own good and a very bad sense of timing with it. He's a wise-ass and everyone knows those get annoying fast. Although, he tends to break down around his kryptonite: girls. Jim has trouble with interacting with girls. They're one of the few things that make him nervous and it takes him a while to return to his old self around one. If he's known a girl for a while, no big deal. If he's just met one, he starts to sputter. If you think that's bad, you should have seen him in high school. That was even worse.

Jim's also got a thing the more... oriental based hobbies. He's a self-proclaimed 'otaku' and consumes everything from anime, to manga, to visual novels, to figurines, to certain media we won't go into detail about because we don't want this roleplay to get labeled as ERP. He has an absurd amount of this junk. One of the biggest reasons he runs is to support his hobby. There isn't anything else on the planet that he's more passionate about.

His nerdism also pushes him to do things that he perceives as 'cool'. That's kind of why the sword is there. He's got a bit of an ego concerning himself and his combat skills, which may or may not be severely inflated. But the way he sees it, if you're gonna go out and fight dudes, you may as well look badass doing it.

...​

"So what's something you do after a run? Many Runners have post-run rituals such as drinking at a specific place or sometimes even meditating. What's yours?"

A flashback. Ocelot leans his head out of a car, "Yeah can I get uuuuh, number 4, no tomatoes, with a large Dr. Fizz and curly fries? Oh and a small strawberry smoothie."

In the present, "Uh... meditate. I meditate."

"Can you describe to me your relationship with your team?"

Another flashback. "Has ANYONE seen the remote? My show starts in like five minutes! Huh? No, I'm not gonna use the buttons, that's what remotes are for! I swear to god, if I find it under the sofa again I'm gonna... I'm gonna be pretty mad and stuff..."

The present, "Oh we work great together! Everyone really respects me."

"Can you tell me about any interesting experiences you've had running?"

"Oh... you wanna hear stories about me huh? Well... I've got a couple..."

"So there I was, right? Dude comes at me with this big ass chunk of concrete. So I see him..."

"Sir."

"... and I'm like, 'Oh shit, I better dodge.' and I roll out of the way..."

"Sir!"

"... like a badass, right? And then I get up, and I swing the sword like this..."

"SIR!"

"Huh?"

"Sir, we ran out of memory two hours ago! The cameras haven't been rolling, you can stop now."

"Okay, okay, but you gotta hear this part. So I swing my sword, right? And then..."

The interviewer resists slamming his head against the desk.

"So... you guys like my decor?"

"The cartoon characters?"

"Anime characters, man. Anime. They're more than just cartoons, they're like... like art, you know? You guys watch any anime?"

"No."

The cameraman adds, "I kinda do."

The interviewer isn't having it, "Shut up or you're fired, Greg."

"And this one's a limited edition Kaneki Nya-chan Winter Edition."

"Fascinating."

"And this one over here's a mint Star Aria mini statuette. They only made like a thousand of these. Super rare. Totally worth it."

"Good for you."

"Oh and you've gotta see my mecha collection, it'll blow your mind, dude. It's in this other room, come on."

"Lucky me..."

"So, what do they say about me, out in the news world?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know... what kinda badass stories are there about me."

"I... there aren't really any stories. I don't think anyone really talks about Runners like that."

"Hey I'm not just any Runner man, I'm the Ocelot. Tons of people have heard of me. I'm kind of a big deal!"

"I'd literally never heard of you until I was told to perform this interview."

"What? Aw come on man, I was in the papers and everything! I was even- you know what? Let me show you."

Ocelot ducks under the desk and rummages through a box. "Where did I... there it is!" When he resurfaces, he slaps down an old newspaper on the desk.

"See? Look at that."
He points to a small article near the back of the paper. There's a blurry image of a person running towards a window, but it's impossible to make out any details. The article title reads, 'Unidentified Subject Caught on Camera During Break-In'.

"That's... impressive..."

"Right? Anyway, you wanna hear about the time I beat like five guys by myself?"

"Look I need to get going, this has run on far too lo-"

"So it was a typical smash and grab kinda job, right? So I go in..."

Let's jam.

roasted

I completely changed her interview! I think this fits the personality I had in mind for her much more accurately than what I had before. I was rather rushed the first time around (note to self: don't make characters at work), but please let me know what you think and any other critiques that you might have

Read your rewrite on the interview. Guess I was onto something after all, this one feels a lot more like you took your time and thought about it. Good job!

Read your rewrite on the interview. Guess I was onto something after all, this one feels a lot more like you took your time and thought about it. Good job!
Ah thank you! Glad you like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back