• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom MHA: Wellston High

?
Created at
Index progress
Complete

1394249_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_0d8869a2-2716-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

Delinquent

The Bee's Knees
So yeah, this is just your average MHA rp. If you're interested, please read the spoilers below.

The overarching plot of this rp will be pretty much the same thing as the anime, aka "group of students goes to hero school in the hopes of becoming pro-heroes". But to liven things up a bit and prevent the rp from getting too stale it'll include a bunch of minor arcs. These arcs can be anything from a sports festival to going on a field trip to the zoo to tracking down a group of serial killers, it all depends on what people want from this rp and what type of characters they create. I don't want to include a bunch of action and adventure if people just want slice of life and vice versa.

The only arc I've already decided to include is the first one, which is gonna be the school's entrance exam. Whilst it may sound like it's gonna be fairly similar to the entrance exam arc from the manga, I can assure you that's not the case. Mostly because making the first arc basically a contest on who can smash the most robots will a) discourage people from making characters with non-combat oriented quirks b) get boring pretty quickly. Instead, the entrance exam will function more like the provisional hero license exam did, with the potential students having to "rescue" civilians whilst simultaneously battling either the teachers or the third-year students (I haven't decided yet). There's more to it than that, but I'll explain everything in more detail if this rp gets enough interest.

Wellston High is a relatively new hero school currently in the progress of making a name for itself. Mostly known for spearheading the Singularity program, a project that aims to create better heroes by focusing on each individual students strengths and weaknesses, most people dismiss it as being one of those schools that are more focused on chasing trends than provide the best education. And while that might not be entirely wrong, almost all of the students who have graduated from the school have gone on to become at least moderate successful heroes.

Oh, and I should also point out that this rp takes place a year before the events of the manga. However, canon characters will only show up as brief cameos (if at all).

• Basic rp etiquette (don't godmod, metagame, control other player's characters, yadda yadda yadda)
  • You can make as many characters as you can handle playing.
  • Don't leave without a heads-up.
  • If you drop this rp, any character you've made will be turned into NPC's.
  • I only count the manga as canon. Meaning that things from the movie, the anime filler, and the vigilante spin-off are completely irrelevant to this rp.

1: This will have more of a focus on each individual character. For starters, when creating your character you'll have to pick a "specialization" for them. This specialization can be anything from combat to stealth to creating and maintaining support items. This will, in turn, affect certain classes your characters take. So for example, if you pick "stealth", your character will attend more stealth related classes than someone who picked combat.

This way, you can make a character that's focused on what you want without being worried about being sent to the sidelines.

2:This will have a much lower powerlevel than most MHA roleplays. This is, after all, supposed to take place in the same universe where the power to shoot tape out of your elbows or the power of having a tail is regarded as good enough quirks to get into the best hero school in Japan (if not the world). In other words, quirks in this rp will be pretty simple and straightforward.

And no, you won't be able to do that thing where you take an umbrella power that, yes technically is one power but gives its user access to a hundred and twelve different abilities.*

*Yes, quirks like Frog and Orcinus are somewhat of an exception to this rule.

I'm up for giving this a shot. Got a few character ideas depending on what would work best. Though quirks themselves are always the area most likely to need to be discussed so might as well throw out the ideas I had. Though another thing to confirm, is this going to be set in Japan or somewhere else?

Character Ideas:
Paige Bolvin: G-Shift, can alter the direction of targets personal gravity. In effect, the wall would become the floor and enable walk on it as if it was the ground.
Frieda Fitzjerald: Pigment, Capable of producing vast quantity and variety of Inks and Paint of nearly any colour.
Kia Nok: Phone, Possesses an incredibly durable body as well as the capabilities of a modern phone.

Though another thing to confirm, is this going to be set in Japan or somewhere else?
Japan.

Character Ideas:
Paige Bolvin: G-Shift, can alter the direction of targets personal gravity. In effect, the wall would become the floor and enable walk on it as if it was the ground.
Frieda Fitzjerald: Pigment, Capable of producing vast quantity and variety of Inks and Paint of nearly any colour.
Both of these quirk ideas sound fine.

Kia Nok: Phone, Possesses an incredibly durable body as well as the capabilities of a modern phone.
Not sure how I feel about this one though. I'm not entirely fond of the idea of any quirk that's essentially enhanced durability with a bunch of extra features thrown in. Might depend on what exactly you mean with "capabilities of a modern phone".

Plus, to be sorta nitpicky, modern phones aren't exactly known for their durability.

Pretty much was going to be one of those 3310 mainly due to images i found, but yeah ill go with one of the first 2 ideas....and likely adjust names to be more Japanese.
Would you be using a Discord at all?

I'm thinking of my character's Quirk being enhanced senses. So his reflexes, balance, sight, hearing, etc. is far beyond any normal person's, buuuut that also means he's more likely to be effected by sensory overload. He actually needs to wear sunglasses and ear plugs sometimes just to function in public.

I'm thinking my characters quirk would be Mimic. She watches how a person fights and after watching for 30 seconds (or longer if needed) she can use their fighting style for 2 minutes but it's much less effective on long-range emitter types

Last edited:
This was going to be the Phone Girl, pretty much they had Wifi/Google in their head, Camera and could make calls/text. Based of a 3310 (Just liked the art so was idea)
This was going to be for the Pigment girl.
And this was the G-Shift,
im guessing one character per person so most likely one of the last two

I'm interested! I do have two questions though:
1. How often will a person be required to post? Once a day? Many times a day?
2. To be honest, I'm not caught up with the manga. Would that be a big problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back