• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom MHA: Vigilante Edition

Delinquent

The Bee's Knees
So first thing first, last time I tried to run an rp I ended up letting way more people join than I could handle. So to avoid that happening again, I'm gonna limit this rp to a more reasonable maximum of five people.

Anyway, I've recently been rereading the My Hero Academia spinoff "Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals" and thought that the premise would make for an interesting roleplay.

For those who haven't read the spin-off, it's essentially a slightly darker and grittier version of MHA that focuses on vigilantes rather than students. Now, if you haven't read the spin-off but is still interested in joining, don't worry. This rp will only borrow the basic premise and will follow an original plot.

Speaking of which, the plot is gonna start fairly simple. The short gist of it is that it's set a couple of month after All for One and One for All's fight. So the crime rate have seen a drastic increase and to make matters worse, people (mostly junkies and small-time criminals. You know, the type nobody really misses or even notices is gone) have recently started disappearing only for their dismembered corpse to show up a couple of weeks later. As both the cops and pro-heroes are too preoccupied with more urgent business or simply can't be arsed to deal with this, a rag-tag group of vigilantes decide to take matters into their own hands and solve the case themselves, thus proving once and for all that you don't need something as small as a fancy-schamncy license to fight crime.

Also, I just want to be clear with this from the get-go. This rp is gonna be a fair bit lower on the power-scale than most MHA roleplays. Like, I really love the idea of quirks (i.e simple and rather straight-forward powers like having engines in your legs or invisibility or making things float) and I feel like most MHA roleplays tend to go for something more akin to the powers seen in things like DC and Marvel (i.e big and flashy powers with so many fucking different abilities that All for One would be green with envy). Now, as you probably can I tell I vastly prefer the former and will do my best to ensure that the quirks in this rp is more in line with those.

To further my point a bit, quirks like "talking to animals", "being able to cause mushrooms to grow" and, my personal favorite, "having a tail" were considered good enough to get into a hero school that's so highly coveted that it has an acceptance rate of 0.33% (compare that to, say, Harvard which has an acceptance rate of 4.9%). So please keep things like that in mind when making your characters quirk.

I get that this poorly disguised rant might not be the clearest indication of what I mean, so if you're not really sure what I'm talking about here then please don't hesitate to ask me to clarify.

Im definitely interested but your quirk rant did leave me with a couple questions, are you saying because things like "I grow mushrooms" or "having a tail" lets you get into Super Harvard...our characters should aim lower or higher than that?

Id is up for this, as for quirks to feel out the level I could throw some examples.
-User is capable of shifting gained mass around as desired. (Few downsides given it doesn't remove taste/toxin immunity etc)
-User may cause touched objects to spin.
-User has spring-like appendages joints.

, are you saying because things like "I grow mushrooms" or "having a tail" lets you get into Super Harvard...our characters should aim lower or higher than that?
Not really. The point of the little rant was that I want people to stick to more simple, straightforward powers akin to the ones we see in the manga rather than the ones that typically appears in MHA roleplays.

The examples I used were just me pointing out just how seemingly weak quirks are considered fairly strong in-universe (admittedly, with the tail one being the exception).

As for what powerlevel to aim for, I'd say somewhere around how strong the canon characters were during the "Hideout Raid Arc"

User may cause touched objects to spin
I've read Jojo so that one in particular causes a few warning bells to go off in my head. The rest seems fine though.

What’s the level of detail and post length you’re looking for?
One paragraph minimum post length and casual level of detail.

Would being able to breathe out and control clouds of solid fog work as a Quirk for this? With it having a heavy calorie expenditure to use and being limited by the Quirk owner's ability to breathe?

So to make the Spin one more agreeable....limiting to the users body as a mutation quirk.
RPM: Use is capable of rotating there joints 360 degrees at high speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back