• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
The emotions swirled heavily in the woman. Internally she began to contemplate taking Hayato out on a date. What if this boy actually worked for someone who was a big deal. She didn't want to give the cafe up to someone who bought it just out of spite. Also the kid wasn't half bad looking. A bit young but the thought of a younger man courting her did rise some happiness in her. Then guilt began to rise up as thoughts of her husband rose up in her mind What was she to do? She went to speak but her voice was caught in her throat.

The bell above the door rang as Sisceal walked into the cafe in his 'delivery' uniform. Hayato saw the man and he quickly adjusted the lip of his hood to obscure his face. The waitress noticed the man enter, "Uh..umm... excuse me!" She walked off quickly to greet Sisceal. "Please, come to the back." She said motioning for Sisceal to follow her up the stairs leading to another part of the building. She showed him to one of the small rooms upstairs. It was a cozy little bedroom with a window that overlooked the street.

Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays Axeykins Axeykins

Amanda clicked her tongue, leaning back as she crossed her arms. "Damnit. I was so close!" She grumbled, watching the waitress take the intruder away. "I should have accounted for the guilt she was going to feel." She continued, glancing at Hayato. "Sorry. Thought I would get you a pretty date to celebrate your new job." She admitted, but then her focus shifted. "Hey, you alright? Are you that bummed, cause I can always find another, even prettier girl!" She reasoned, unsure what was wrong with her friend. "Or did I go to far? I'm sorry, so please look at me?" She pleaded, looking guilty herself.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"Eh..No no. It wasn't anything you were doing." He chuckled lifting his hat when the man left the area. "That man... I know'em. Didn't feel like hearing another one of his lectures. Always on about me not ending up like him. Kind of a loser ya'know?" Hayato reached across the table and placed a hand ontop of Amanda's. "Amanda... You don't have to find me a date." He smiled sheepishly at her, "We're kinda already on a celebratory date. Or did you forget that I have money to spend?"

Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays

Amanda's face showed her confusion before her jaden orbs lit up in realization. "Oh, right. But I know I'm not your type, so I thought you'd want to have some fun with someone who was." She muttered, glancing down at where his hand was on top of hers. "I mean, it's a once in a life time opportunity to get with someone who can't see past the mean mug." She added with a laugh, though it sounded a little forced to her ears. She mentally scolded herself for it before slowly withdrawing her hand, opting to playing with her hair instead. "I know it isn't always the best of times when I'm around, after all. You deserve so much better than me tagging along whenever I get bored."

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Sisceal simply smiled and followed along. Following her upstairs and into the room, only getting a small glimpse of the other cafe goers on his way up. Only enough to nothing too special about them.
The second they were through the door his happy go lucky smile dropped. "Alright, so. You should know the drill by now. I am assuming at the very least. I've got what you want, I'm here to make the delivery you're here to pay me. Are we clear on that much." He asked bluntly.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

The woman glanced at Sisceal's uniform, then sighed at his white hat. "You know you don't have to go through with this. There's no turning back once you do." She reached under the bed and pulled out a box. Opening it she revealed a red hat, a note, and three darts with a dart gun. "I used to wear white too." She said her eyes taking a quick glimpse at the red wide brimmed hat on the hat rack. "I don't know exactly who you're going after, but there are other ways to handle this."

The note read "The darts a filled with an incredible amount of poison. Clear the weed that's hidden itself in the principle's office of that elementary garden. Young seedlings should grow into beautiful flowers. Not harvested for twisted bouquets."
Axeykins Axeykins

"You're being silly." Hayato said to Amanda, "You may be able to read peoples emotions but you're still terrible at reading people." He chuckled, "You have no Idea how relieving you are to me. I don't have to worry about forcing a smile or anything like that. Around you I can just relax and be myself, ya'know?" He picked the menu up from the table and handed it to her, "Your quirk sure has come a long way though. I don't think i've seen someone become so flustered with themselves. Maybe I should introduce you to my bro... actually nevermind."

Amanda smiled gratefully, her face heating up just a tad. "You've become quite the smooth talker, haven't you?" She asked, picking up her own menu. As she skimmed over it, she wondered why he would backtrack on her meeting his big bro. "Yeah, it has, hasn't it? The UA is super strict about making sure we can control them perfectly, after all." She said instead, giving it more thought. But more thought wasn't going to help her in this case, as her curiosity was getting the better of her. "Is your big bro scary?" She finally asked, setting the menu down to look Hayato in the eye. "You haven't gotten involved in anything dangerous, have you? Cause you know I can help you." She added, looking concerned over the numerous possibilities of something going wrong in this world.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Sisceal gulped audibly. His heart skipping a beat in his chest as his face finally shifted to show some emotions. He was horrified beyond all belief and there was no going back from this if he chose to do so. Not unless he wanted one of these darts or worse aimed at him next. "I've got to. I can't live off of what I'm getting right now with other things I have to pay for and God knows I've tried everything else."
With shaky hands he took the hat out of the box. Tossing his other one to the side and sleeking his hair back before slipping it on. Then going for the gun and darts next. He wasn't even sure what the note meant for his target, but it was always more obvious once he got there. "I ah. Best get going. Can't leave any clients waiting....right? It would be unbecoming of the 'company' to."
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"I just said what I felt like saying." He was looking at his menu when Amanda inquired about his brother. For a moment he ignored what she said and talked about the food on the menu. He soon feel silent for a bit. He eventually raised his head to lock eyes with Amanda. "Why do you want to be a hero? With your quirk everyone says your scary. According to society I'm not good enough to be a hero. My bro showed me another way. My bro can be scary at times, but... he's a good man. There are things that can't be done with a hero mantle."

The waitress didn't say a word. She picked up the white hat Sisceal threw and placed it on the desk. "I'll keep this here in case you change your mind." A single tear swelled up in her eye then rolled down her cheek. "The way out isn't too hard to find." She said as she took a seat at the chair by the window. She looked out with a gloomy expression.

Sisceal's next stop was to be an elementary school. It was located in an area of the city where kids had been known to go missing. It was one of the more shady areas of towns. The people who lived there were a bit rough around the edges causing the police and hero agencies to seldom patrol there.
Axeykins Axeykins

"That's why I wanted to be a Hero. Because everyone had just brushed me off because of what my Quirk could do. I wanted to prove them wrong." Amanda clenched her fists tight, drawing blood where her fingernails came in contact with her skin. But she soon released the pressure, sighing in part exhaustion, part frustration. "But after getting into UA, it seems like just that isn't enough. I want to help people like me, who are written off without a second glance because of what they were born able to do, but they..." She took a deep breath to calm herself as her anger began to rise, affecting those around her. A man gave her a look, just proving what everyone else thought. Her eyes flashed a combination of red and orange, like a wild fire, as she reigned herself in. "All they seem to care about is the fame and the money that comes along with doing a good job. They are in it for themselves, without a second thought of those suffering with Quirks that aren't considered heroic." Amanda sighed again, leaning back and looking out the window as her eyes changed to a dark, midnight purple. "I guess...I'm not sure I want to be a Hero any longer. Kind of...got burnt out after seeing how awful these future 'Heroes' are." She looked over at Hayato with a look of pure exhaustion, the purple in her eyes shimmering with jade green as she forced herself to sit upright again. "And honestly? I'm starting to wonder why I should help a society that says someone as sweet as you isn't good enough." She adds with a loving smile, one she has shown others whenever she talked about how they would always be good enough.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"For some of us there is no way out..." He loaded and cocked the dart gun. Stuffing it into the inner pocket of his jacket as he left the room with his smile gone and head tilted down. With each step exiting the cafe he took in an unsteady breath in some failed attempt to calm himself. No turning back. No turning back once this was done. He'd have blood on his hands.

With a steadfast pace he made it to the target's location. A damn elementary school. Oh god...they were as old as...
Fuck. He was going to have to plan this right to keep the kids from seeing a single thing. The target needed taken out for what they'd been doing but it would be just as bad if not worse to expose these kids to their principal dying in front of them. To a poison none the less. He had to get into the office to pull this off correctly. He stood and stared at the entrance.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"The world is a twisted mess where we're told what's good for us. Those people who tell us what's good for us also turn a blind eye on the bad things 'good' people do." he sat back in his chair, shoving his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. "That's what my bro said. From what you're saying seems like he might be right about it... Amanda," he paused for a second, "If you really think this hero stuff isn't for you. If you want to take a different route than what we're told should be taken to help people and better the society, let me know. You can run away from the things that are holding you back. Your brother has never cared for you, and your father.. well he's kind of a push over. If you want to make a change. A real change, my brother can help."

it was nearing the end of the school day and children were playing on the schools playground while they waited for their parents to pick them up. Others began to walk home in a group with an adult with them. Some families had pulled up in their car waiting in line to take their child home. A black haired teacher spotted Sisceal approach the grounds.
"Excuse me sir, are you here to pick your child up?" She said almost instinctively before she noticed his uniform, "Oh, are you hear to drop something off? I can take it off your hands for you."

Axeykins Axeykins

Amanda sat there, the menu picked up again but she wasn't really looking at it. She was thinking...what was Hayato implying? She means, yeah she never felt like she belonged anywhere given what her Quirk is, but did that mean abandoning what she wanted to do? To make things better for herself? Would this makes things better? Because she had the feeling she would be entering a 'Once you enter you can't leave' type of situation. She glanced up at Hayato, still in deep thought. He had been so anxious before she actually met up with him, so could what he was talking about really be as great as what he was saying? Unless it was something illegal? Then, she guessed it made sense. People didn't realize it, but there was quite a few restrictions to how someone uses their Quirks...she knew that all too well...She was already drawing blood from where she was biting her lower lip to keep from spreading her unease and uncertainty to those nearby. She wiped the blood away before started speaking. "Could I meet this brother before I make my decision?" She asked, looking him dead in the eye. "You know I trust you more than anyone else in this world, but putting my trust in someone I've never met? I only learned recently that people could be trusted, since I can't even trust my family. And what you're offering? It feels like it's all or nothing. I...I need to know who I'm working with." She sighed, leaning back in her seat. Was she really considering this?

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"Of course. i wouldn't want you to make an uneducated decision." He handed her a napkin for her lip, "I'll call him and see if I can arrange a meeting... so uh.. how about enough of this serious talk? Let's order something to eat." He waved to the old man behind the counter signalling to him that they were ready to order. He could see the unease written on Amanda's face. Also feeling it from her a bit. He felt happy that she would consider it. Maybe they'd get to spend more time with each other than they had before.

"Can I get a green tea, and... a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup."

"Why yes I am here for a delivery, but it's a rather important one." He cleared his throat. "I've been instructed to take it right to the principal of the school. So if you could kindly direct me there it would be much obliged Miss." He adjusted his hat. Plastering his hair even further to his scalp via the sheer amount of sweat coming from it. "Orders from my own higher ups y'know? They want to ensure nothing but the most premium of delivery services."

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Jonsi walked and walked and walked. Following the inklings of a bike trail in the wooded area until he finally reached a road. A super busy one at that too. Perfect. He could walk along it for as long as he liked without anyone slowing down or stopping to ask. At least a smaller chance of it. He could make it back to his home no questions asked and forget this entire day. And....begin the job search yet again.

Amanda put the napkin to her lip, a thankful smile slowly making itself known. "Yeah, thanks." She mumbled past the napkin, looking down at the menu and actually reading the menu items for the first time since coming into the café. "I'd like a water and a couple pieces of strawberry cheesecake." She decided, feeling in the mood for something a little sweeter.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

The teacher gave Sisceal a brief up and down before nodding. "Sure... Right this way sir." She gestured for him to follow her as she turned to make her way into school. Entering the double glass doors she immediately made a left to another door that led to the area where the PTA would have their meetings. Past that and down a short hall was the door to the principles office. She gave a couple knocks, "Mr. Black there's someone who's carrying a package for you." A few moments pass in silence. The female teacher knocked again, "Mr. Black are you in? Mr. Black?"

Axeykins Axeykins

"Yeah..." Hayato replied to Amanda's thanks.

The old man gave the pair a nod. "I'll gladly prepare it for you in a just." His focus went to the young lady, "As long as you refrain from making a fuss in my cafe. There are other ways to relieve your teenage angst." he said, alluding to the fact that he may have noticed that Amanda was using his quirk to manipulate the waitress from before. He stepped away from their table and went behind the counter. He prepared their order swiftly. He brought it to their table and gave them a smile before returning to his other duties in the cafe.

"Oh, that looks good,"Hayato said leaning over the table to take a sniff of Amanda's chessecake, "Smells good to!"

"Sir. Delivery! I can't leave it outside per request of the ordered you know? It's written on my delivery notes." Sisceal called out in the peppiest delivery boy voice he could muster up. Laying on the dumb innocent facade thick as can be.
"If he doesn't answer is there any way in? So I could leave it on his desk? I can't go until its properly delivered." He smiled at her. Drumming anxiously in the package.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"I'm sorry, but that's a no can do. Let me give him a call. He has to be around somewhere." She grabbed her phone from her pocket and began to thumb through the icons to get a call started.
In that moment a hand was placed on Sisceal's shoulder, "Hello," the raspy voice of a man in his mid fifties greeted him. "Thank you Ms. Conan. I can take things from here. You look thirsty ol'boy. Come on in." Mr. Black reached past Sisceal to open the door. With his hand still on Sisceal's shoulder he guided the delivery man into the office.

The walls were covered in degrees, pictures drawn by students, and bookshelves with trophies and various nic-knacks. Most of all there was a lot of paper stacked in the room. A ton of which was folded into origami animals. Mr. Black wore a white suit with light blue pin stripes. A light blue shirt with a red tie. He moved behind his desk and took a seat. "Have a seat" he motioned towards an empty chair. "I'm sure you're here to deliver the 'Happiness"" His kind smile remained on his face as he looked at Sisceal expectation. "Care for a drink? I have a good scotch availble. He pulled open a draw to pull out a couple glasses and a bottle filled with a brown liquid.

Axeykins Axeykins

He greeted the man with nothing less than a wide warm smile as he was lead inside at last.
"I'm on the job at the moment sir but suppose out of kindness could go for a drink. Couldnt hurt much to appreciate a solid glass of scotch. I've had more powerful drinks so often that I've got a strong enough constitution to handle one glass." He set the package down calmly. beside him on the desk. His heart near exploding out of his chest as he forced a calm demeanor on himself. "And indeed I am here with what you requested. I believe you'll find it to your liking."

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"That is quite wonderful, Wonderful indeed." He poured the brown liquid in both glasses then slid one to Sisceal. "Have you tried happiness before? It's truly a phenomenal thing." He raised his glass to his nose. Took in a deep sniff of the strong flavor before extending it out to his guest, "Cheers. To another day of happiness." He held his glass waiting for Sisceal to clank glass.

Axeykins Axeykins

"I have not but don't think my higher ups would much appreciate me getting high on their supply. Doesn't fit their plans you know? Happiness really isnt my drug of choice anyways. " He offered a grateful smile as he clanked glasses. "Cheers."
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back