• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MH: The Guild (Open)

(ANSWER AFTER READING)

• Total voters
“Ever since I was a child, there were stories.

Epic tales of man versus beast, and the very elements of the Earth brought forth as terrible manifestations to do battle. I lost most of my family to these stories. I know very well what that profession will yield and yet, something draws me to the hunt, stronger than any force I’ve ever felt before. The look in my mother’s eyes only solidifies this feeling, a mixture of hope and despair. I am the last of my lineage, my forefathers fed to the insatiable beast that lurks in the forest.

Vengeance is what I seek.

Taking what little I own, I set out on a one way trip to the heart of the guild, determined to succeed where my father and siblings failed. Days and nights passed sleeplessly, as the sun and moon became my only anchor to the world I left behind, along with the miles of ocean surrounding me from every angle. She said it would be a long voyage, many suns and moons until I reached the port isle. “

“You know, there is one thing that all hunters share, a unifying trait that calls upon strength in dire times; it is most commonly referred to as resolve. It was resolve that drove our ancestors to arms against the beasts, and it is resolve that draws you towards them now.”

Hunters, you come from many villages across the world, but your resolve is the same. Our resolve is the same. And it is that resolve that shall bring upon our salvation.

Welcome.

To the Guild.

(PLEASE READ)
I am looking for specific players. If you do not fit these qualifications please post elsewhere.
Posting Interest: If you post an interest (I.E. This looks cool, very interested, etc) please follow up with a character sheet when it is open. If you post interest and then disappear, it just wastes my time.
Post Order/Timing: You will have to keep track of who's turn it is. Warnings will be dished out after 2 days of idle*.
Post Length: At the minimum, 1 paragraph per post. I don't have a problem with one-liners, but if everyone else is typing paragraphs or more, you will be expected to keep up.

*If prior notice is given, this can be extended. I'm not a dictator, but this is essentially cooperative storytelling.
Everyone has to do their part.

Alright, if you're still reading this it means you're either genuinely interested or genuinely bored. This is the third "campaign" that I've tried to GM here, so please feel free to give me pointers on things I could be doing better. On the flip side, please expect some constructive criticism. Nobody is perfect.

Please discuss below.​

Oh man, Monster Hunter. Yeah, I'll cast in my ballot as being interested, just kinda wondering how this will work. Will the focus mainly be on monster combat, as in the game? Since this isn't in the dice interest check, how will combat work? We gonna have to keep track of resources and get provided with recipes for crafting items?

Either way, I'm into the idea. Hopefully joining this won't be too many RPs I'm in for me to keep track of :P

I don't have much worked out at the moment, but there will be a balance of combat and more laid back scenes. Since we're not doing dice elements, I'll leave it up to you guys to work out what the character's strengths and weakness are. Again, we're at a very rough stage, so we can change things around to better fit the RP.

may or may not implement a class system

bump

sidenote: we only have two potential characters, so that leaves at minimum 2 more players before we can start.
In the meantime, for those interested, I will post a CS thread and an OOC.

edit: Character Thread is up

Last edited:
Hello all, I think this looks interesting. Just checking I understand the premise: all of our characters, for their own reasons, choose to join the Guild, and then the Guild sends them out into the forest on quests to kill monsters?

Hello, sorry I've been quite busy this weekend. I was personally thinking that we would do it expedition styled with monsters appearing at random intervals. Whether you choose to fight or not really doesn't matter but you need monster parts to upgrade your weaponry. We're currently very early in the campaign, so if you'd like you can write up character sheet, I believe it's linked above.

Ayama Ayama

I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse but I'm still kind of confused ^^"
We all come from different villages in the same land. We travel across the ocean to another inhabited land where the Guild has its headquarters, but the Guild still exists where we are? How is the land divided, exactly? Is it all under one king? A bunch of city-states? Different kingdoms? What is the purpose of the Guild? :/

1. More like colonies, and villages have a lot more distance between them than you think. However the guild operates all across the world, yes. Their current headquarters is in the New World however. Since they like to explore, most guild locations are manned by a skeleton crew at best, stationed within settlements or establishing them personally. This is rather obscure, but details are best left explained

2. The guild primarily exists to manage the influx of new hunters and experienced hunters looking for work, and matching them with monsters that are causing trouble for someone nearby. That's how the games worked, anyways, but I want to do something different.

3. There will be a short grace period in the headquarters where you'll get your bearings and maybe figure out how the world works, then your mission will begin. The way I'm thinking of doing it will be similar to the expedition mechanic in MH4U, on a much larger scale. Think about it: a completely open-world Monster Hunter experience.

1. More like colonies, and villages have a lot more distance between them than you think. However the guild operates all across the world, yes. Their current headquarters is in the New World however. Since they like to explore, most guild locations are manned by a skeleton crew at best, stationed within settlements or establishing them personally. This is rather obscure, but details are best left explained

2. The guild primarily exists to manage the influx of new hunters and experienced hunters looking for work, and matching them with monsters that are causing trouble for someone nearby. That's how the games worked, anyways, but I want to do something different.

3. There will be a short grace period in the headquarters where you'll get your bearings and maybe figure out how the world works, then your mission will begin. The way I'm thinking of doing it will be similar to the expedition mechanic in MH4U, on a much larger scale. Think about it: a completely open-world Monster Hunter experience.
Oh thank you that makes more sense! The land on either side of the ocean has a lot of wild, monster-ridden territory with small settlements few and far between. The Guild explores, settles land, protects people and generally deals with monsters. People join it for gold, glory and prestige, experience, curiosity about monsters and/or land, revenge, a desire/need to travel, the sheer joy of carnage/the hunt, etc. Sound about right?

Oh thank you that makes more sense! The land on either side of the ocean has a lot of wild, monster-ridden territory with small settlements few and far between. The Guild explores, settles land, protects people and generally deals with monsters. People join it for gold, glory, experience, curiosity about monsters and/or land, revenge, a desire/need to travel, etc. Sound about right?

Pretty much. There is a couple large settlements around where the guild first ever made their way into the new world, like Astera, but other than that it's nature or ocean for pretty much every direction.

Pretty much. There is a couple large settlements around where the guild first ever made their way into the new world, like Astera, but other than that it's nature or ocean for pretty much every direction.
Sounds cool. Imma ponder my character a little more and then fill out a sheet and post it~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back