• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Metro 2033 Roleplay (Post-Apocalyptic) (Russian Culture)

BioshockRP

I am a book.

8bc0561bb41e198a409f113c0ee1bc94.png

metro some.jpg

• 73c97161c0bdca28ef909a3d9aa425e2.png

Please note this is a forward about the roleplay. You do not need knowledge about Metro 2033, as there will be links and lore pages provided in another thread.

Basically, Mankind's Descent is a Metro 2033-Inspired RP that borrows the Canon lore with an Alternate Universe. It's a post-apocalyptic Russian culture roleplay set 20 years after world war three, where all known humans currently survive in the underground Metros of the city: Moscow. It's a dark, gritty and disturbing world filled with brutality. Meanwhile, the surface is inhabitable, and one cannot venture above without a gas mask. The roleplay will center around exploration, adventure, combat, and survival while following an overarching plot about the Metro's secrets. Roleplayers will have the opportunity to establish their own subplots for their characters and work with the GM/Co-Gms to create scenes desired by the Roleplayers. Roleplayers will also have the ability to contribute to worldbuilding, if they so choose, since it's optional.

a6b421f0cb50a1200d6c8c831db2b5ba.png

In 2013, Russia experienced a nuclear war with several other countries over a dispute in the Middle East. The aftermath of the nuclear exchange resulted in Moscow's surface becoming heavily irradiated. All on the surface perished, while those who fled to the Russian metro tunnels survived the fallout. Inside the Metro, humans developed and improvised stations, tunnels, food, weaponry, and other entities. Meanwhile, the radiation levels from the surface mutated animals into horrifying creatures that threatened humans who ventured to the surface, or traveled the Metro tunnels. Without a gas mask, no human can survive the current conditions of the ruined city, Moscow.

Initially, the Russian government controlled and monitored the Metro tunnels until its destabilization brought by bandits, warring ideologies, poverty, and mutants. The remaining humans split into a multitude of factions consisting of different belief systems. Some notable factions include the Red Line, a communistic faction focused on conquering the entirety of the Metro and creating a communist utopia where all live equally; The Fourth Reich, a fascist faction centered around the genetic purity of Russians against mutation; Bandits, an anarchist faction dedicated to a world where the strong survive; Rangers, trained soldiers under Polis who protect the Metro's population from Mutants and Bandits; Hansa, a free market merchant station bent on controlling trading routes; Polis, a faction dedicated to preserving old-world knowledge and humanity; and other Independent Stations with their own ideologies.

The differences in ideologies resulted in war between the Red Line and the Fourth Reich. Fortunately, other stations were spared the bloodshed, if they isolated themselves from the two factions' territories. As stations continued to improve, innovations in technologies prospered to provide convenience to the new lifestyle underground. For transportation, humans utilized make-shift carts to work on the Metro's rails. Against the Mutants and Bandits, they created make-shift weapons due to the lessened military grade resources. In order to engage in economic activity, the Metro's denizens used a barter system, which heavily promoted bullets, cash, food, and oxygen canisters as the main mediums of exchange. Amidst the war, humans adapted to the ever-changing Metro.

From the depths of the Metro, rumors about the supernatural started to appear. Ghosts, anomalies, and the voices that echoed throughout the pipe structure. A lack of sanity not only in the people, but also in the very reality that once stabilized the world.

As events unfolded underground in the Metros, the surface inspired Stalkers, individuals who braved the ruins of Moscow, to obtain relics of the past. The Metro required bullets, technology, weapons, and a plethora of other entities that could only be found in Moscow. However, the surface required intense caution towards the danger of Mutants. Although mutants roamed the Metro, they held greater prominence and threat in the open spaces of the surface. If death didn't occur from Mutants and Radiation, humans could also perish from Moscow's climate. In particular, the nuclear winter and decay of the city's buildings. Fortunately for the Stalkers, the risk led to lucrative rewards.

8789a7fbb9f24b003814bbf8137a83d2.png

Now, the year is 2033. As the war between the Fourth Reich and Red Line continues, a modest trade caravan is tasked with delivering bullets and weaponry to the Sevastopolskaya station. Engineers work on the station to provide the Metro with electricity; however, due to the station's structure to allow electricity to flow within the Metro, mutants attack the station regularly. Therefore, the station's populace is always in demand for bullets and weapons to deal with the barrage of Mutants. Under the caravan's leadership, they've allowed merchants, mercenaries, drifters, and travelers to accompany them; if they managed to pay a fee, or provide services for the caravan. Unfortunately, stowaways do exist, but they are not a main concern for the caravan. On the caravan's way to the Station, the caravan is ambushed by bandits, and as the battle persists, a large herd of mutant Nosalis attack the caravan and bandits. The survivors have no choice but to retreat away from the carnage, and find a way to the Sevastopolskaya Station.

Last edited:
Seems like a neat idea. Time to finish Metro 2033. Both the book and the game.

Seems like a neat idea. Time to finish Metro 2033. Both the book and the game.

Thank you for your interest. You do not need prior knowledge on the book/game, but it does help to make things easier to understand. Please use the links above. We're currently communicating OOC on discord, and the character sheets are up. The only thing that I'm missing is listing the stations.

I'm interested! Is it okay if I play a psychic type character? He basically sees flashes of events that happened in an area, mainly if an event of extreme emotional weight happened. Like a massacre, or the birth of a child. But he can't control these flashes, and they're so real he can sometimes confuse them with reality.

I'm interested! Is it okay if I play a psychic type character? He basically sees flashes of events that happened in an area, mainly if an event of extreme emotional weight happened. Like a massacre, or the birth of a child. But he can't control these flashes, and they're so real he can sometimes confuse them with reality.

Yes, that's possible. It's common depending on the area for people to see the supernatural and witness prior events. Therefore, your character will not be the only one seeing the events, but characters may have different interpretations of the supernatural events. Does that make sense, or am I not reading "psychic character" correctly?

I get what you're saying. I was thinking more along the lines of a medium or something. He has some kind of innate connection to spirits, possibly due to radiation. If I can't do that, I'm interested all the same!

I get what you're saying. I was thinking more along the lines of a medium or something. He has some kind of innate connection to spirits, possibly due to radiation. If I can't do that, I'm interested all the same!

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, you can have a connection to spirits. There's a character like that, known as Khan in the series. Link: Khan (Character).

Edit: You can also have the character act as a Medium, but it wouldn't be direct communication, more like a comprehension of the Ghost's past event that left them trapped in that constant scene. Therefore, your character would understand a way to move past the ghosts, if they were blocking your path. This assumes the spiritual connection is strong due to a traumatizing past event or other reason.

Perhaps there are some ghosts/spirits/flashback events that only the Medium can pick up on? Things that might be too subtle or "garbled" to normal folks to notice/understand.

Also, the Discord invite expired. Can I get a new one? I'll also be scarce over the weekend. Going on a trip.

Odd that it expired, I'll get a new link
Oh yeah! I forgot about Khan! I like him. By the way, my knowledge is of the games, as I have never read the books.

You don't need knowledge of the books/games, but it helps to understand stuff. I'll provide a fleshed out lore page as I progress on it. Currently, I've factions, weapons, and a timeline.

Perhaps there are some ghosts/spirits/flashback events that only the Medium can pick up on? Things that might be too subtle or "garbled" to normal folks to notice/understand.

Sure. I was mainly thinking like actual supernatural stuff, but if it's just memories/visions, then that's understandable for only one person to see it. Or everyone can have different interpretations of the supernatural such as the other characters in the series.

That's what I was thinking. Like, they're in a tunnel, and everyone is hearing a garbled mess of whispering, but my character can decipher it?

Oh, now I get it. Yes, that works, as I said different interpretations. Your character may be the one to find the correct interpretation, as they've experience as a Medium due to prior elements in their backstory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back