Chitchat Metal N' Coffee

Gradous13

King of Snek
Hey hey! Lookin to see who else is a metal head around here to find more band to listen to and what not!

Aside from that, Im usually tired and looking for good coffee that doesn't taste like MRE coffee!

So who I'm listteng to a lot are...

-Warbringer
-Sodom
-Toxic Holocaust
-Hexen
-Iron Reagen
-Slayer
-Vader
-Gojira
-Defeated Sanity

Getting into...

-Destruction
-Gama Bomb
-Municipal
-Deicide
-Fallujah
-Humanities Last Breath

Just in...

-Terrifier (Fvckin lit!)

Last edited:
>likes metal
>presumably knows what an MRE is
FREE FOLLOWER
E A R N E D
Y O U M A Y N O W A C C E S S T H E O C T A H E D R O N

I'm not particularly into heavy, heavy metal (Slayer and Korn for example) I particularly like the older stuff like Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath. I do like about 2-3 songs from Megadeth (Hangar 18 and Peace Sells (But who's Buying (parentheses in parentheses)), Metallica's first two albums (Kill 'em all and Ride the lightning are simply awesome) I'm mainly a classic rock/ prog rock fan, but some of the bands I like have some pretty metal tunes,

Like Blue Oyster Cult. These two I believe are pretty metal. No?

I think a lot of bands predated Black Sabbath on the whole 'who invented metal' debate. But anyway, I like about Judas Priest, Iron Maiden (the most), and that's about it. Go any later than that and I don't really get into it. the beat is way too fast and the lyrics are barely comprehensible. I prefer songs that either build up from a slow beginning (Shine on You Crazy Diamond from Pink Floyd comes to mind or White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane), or have a moderate beat.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner! but hell yeah, Metallica and Blue Oyster Cult are always awesome! Love rock classic myself though I have been getting away from it due to my thirst for heavier music. The Doors, Led Zep, The Zombies, The Adolescents, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Jimi Hendrix just to name a handful.

I use to listen to Sodom, I'm going to give some of your links a listen..
A few of my absolute favorite all-time metal bands are Solipsist (practically unheard of.) DROID (released one album and disbanded... -.-) and Nekrogoblicon.. who I recommend above the other two first! If you listened to any of these, I'd definitely give Prince of the Land of stench a listen/lyric read. It's unique af/tells a story and is generally just badass.
Here's my favorites:

O Scarletta o O Scarletta o Thank you for sharing! I Thoroughly enjoyed the music you shared. So here's a few that I always enjoy, Aeon, Deicide and Meshuggah

Cynical Person Cynical Person

I used to be into Sabaton and Disturbed quite a lot and I still am. Ten Thousand Fists was my first album I bought from Disturbed, I Am Alive is my favorite from that Album and Dream Destroyer is definitely my favorite from Sabaton

Check out Hammerfall and Dream Evil, you might like em, I honestly dont know a lot of power metal bands

However I do know of something that can help broaden your interests. Check out Map of Metal it is an awesome site to check out the near entire spectrum of Rock and Metal

Also this [DISCLAIMER - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC]

Last edited:
My first introduction to metal, if I remember back correctly, was "Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin when I was younger, since it was on the Halo 2 soundtrack. I guess Breaking Benjamin was my first metal band then (I don't know, haven't listened to them for a long time, do they count? Lol)

Since then over time I got into Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Tyr, Amon Amarth, Turisas, Alestorm, Visigoth, Sabaton, and select songs from others.

I also find this guy's metal covers of pop songs to be hilarious and entertaining (which he does on purpose) yet also legitimately awesome:

And with this one, 4:05 onwards is the awesome party after the party...

This guy's sweet too with covers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back