• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug Messages

Life.

Forever Wandering
Supporter
Not anything major but I'm wondering if perhaps some of my earlier posts were erased or somehow disappearing because my message count keeps decreasing. At first I thought that maybe I was imagining things but now that I am certain that I passed the 5,600 message count yesterday I know something is wrong. Like I said nothing major but I do like to keep the little milestones of my message count here on Rpn.

Is it possible you were trying to count messages made in PMs, your private workshop, and forum games? Those don't count towards your total. ^^

No I know the message count wouldn't count those.
I figured as much but it doesn't hurt to ask!

If that isn't the case then I'm not too entirely sure. The counter could be wonky with accuracy, but I'm pretty sure none of your posts would be removed randomly.

Hm well I'm back past the 5600 post count again. It's only been jumping back like 5 or so posts so it isn't anything too drastic.

Hm well I'm back past the 5600 post count again. It's only been jumping back like 5 or so posts so it isn't anything too drastic.
It very well could be that the OP of a thread you've replied to has removed their original post, which then would remove all replies to their post and therefore affect your post count.

Possibly the database is having counting issues, too. We've been having some issues with the site this week (hence the occasional downtimes) and this could be part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back