Mess Hall

Can you explain level 2 & 3 of Professional training please? Does contacts refer to the Contact Merit?

1st Dot exists mainly to mark your Assest Skills (I would guess Firearms and... something else, for a Marine?), and gives you two FREE Dots of the Contacts Merit. In your character's case, this would either by the Marine Corps, the Intelligence Community, or some other org related to his training/employment.

2nd Dot means that your Asset Skills are more poweful - basically, when you roll, any die that shows 10 is a Success and can be rolled again. With Pro Training 2, this bonus also triggers on 9s.

3rd Dot allows you to mark a third Asset Skill and provides two free Specialties in an Asset Skill. 

It's basically the 'make your character concept work logically without too much fiddling' Merit. Or so I understand it to be.

@Bone2pick You still with us, chief?

@Grey I've just been procrastinating.  I haven't even downloaded the rulebook yet.  I should probably get on that asap.

Edit:

Did everyone opt for the 20 dollar purchase or is there a way to grab the character creation for free?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do. Bear in mind, the answers to these questions are based not on what you think is worst, but what your character would.

Which means that the worst thing your character has done may not be all that bad from anyone else's perspective.

Got it. It's a relief I have a normal, noble-leaning human being =P. Should be straightforward.

Woot. My CS Status has gone from Slightly less of a work-in-progress to almost not a work-in-progress. 

I'm determined to fully capitalize the word PRESSURE every time I use it in any of my posts.

What kind of RP? You mean this isn't an MLP rp, 'cuz I could have sworn the interest check said it was one... );

On a less sarcastic note, I've finally finished my CS. Only took me 11 days

No worries. I still haven't finished mine. Maybe the 3rd weekend will be the charm.

Looking over everyone's characters today. I'll post in-thread if I see anything. 

I'll likely also get an establishing post or two up.

All the sheets look fine. I probably missed something, because I always do, but we'll catch it when we come to it.

I'll get started on an opener.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, excellent, I can use her to slip in refs to one of my favourite sci-fi novels through her scenes. I'll edit the post soon, but honestly fair to say she's finishing her official shift hours in the biolab where Roman may or may not already be. 

Looking over everyone's characters today. I'll post in-thread if I see anything. 

I'll likely also get an establishing post or two up.

All the sheets look fine. I probably missed something, because I always do, but we'll catch it when we come to it.

I'll get started on an opener.

What happened to the tags my friend???

I knew I'd forgotten something. Got distracted trying to figure out Frixz's deal. 

A belated happy holidays to all, which I assume is the reason a few of you aren't posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back