• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Merdell Academy: OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Morning! Just finished Naruto Shippuden last night so I'm very pleased with my stubborness! :)

Seeing as I have too much spare time on my hands today, I'll go ahead and link all eleven songs accompanied with my own analysis on certain lyrics that I think fit particularly well with the characters.

Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons
"Falling too fast to prepare for this
Tripping in the world could be dangerous
Everybody circling is vulturous"

This could link to how fast the efforts to change are happening, how after only one year of peace the heirs and the champions are being sent off to Merdell with a huge weight of responsibility on their shoulders and they might not necessarily be prepared to face life-sworn enemies. The last two lines refer to how everyone is just waiting for someone to make a mistake, to show a weakness that can be ripped into in a "vulturous" fashion and just because Merdell is neutral grounds that doesn't mean that they won't use whatever they can to their advantage.

"Yeah take me to the top I'm ready for
Whatever it takes"

Realistically, everyone knows that peace is in everyone's best interest and that the majority are willing to do "whatever it takes" even though they might not like it, which is understandable considering the prejudices that have built up over three hundred years.

Chosen One - Valley of Wolves
"I'm just following fate, they say I'm the chosen one
I know what it takes to be the king [...]
Bring harmony and be the chosen one [...]
I was born to be making history"

Okay, so here I think it could specifically apply to the heirs of the kingdoms. The lines "I'm just following fate, they say I'm the chosen one" and "Bring harmony and be the chosen one" link closely together as indeed, the heirs are following the "fate" that their parents have set for them, a fate that will hopefully "bring harmony." They were also "born to be making history" as although, yes, their parents were the ones to start turning the tides of peace, it is them who will be the first generation to lead their kingdoms in a world without war, effectively making history; depending on how they decide to handle their relationships with the others. Making the peace last really does rest on them.

Champion - Barns Courtney
"I've been on a long road
With the devil right beside me
Rising with the morning sun
It's a hunger that drives me"

Who wants to take a guess about who this one's about? Yep, the Champions! So, unlike the heirs who were born into relative comfort, the Champions come from various backgrounds and many have had to work hard for their position of authority hence the "I've been on a long road." The last line refers to a "hunger" and this hunger is their goal, the motivations that drive them. And of course, it's different for everyone. Is their motivation to bring peace? To increase their influence? To earn money and live a comfortable life?

Glitter & Gold - Barns Courtney
In this song there are a few lines that I think can apply to the kingdoms as a whole.
"Do you walk in the shadow of men?
Who sold their lives to a dream?"

This one, I'd like to think, refers to the Thanadians and how "the shadow of men" are the people they resurrect and in particular, the Aveoulian soldiers who "sold their lives to a dream" of serving a purpose within the Aveoulian army since having pride in their warrior culture is a big thing.

"Do you walk in the meadow of spring?
Do you talk to the animals?"

I think it's quite self-explanatory but this one's for the Erynadians.

"Do you ponder the manner of things"
Annnddd this one's for the Kingdom of Myndok, home of the "thinkers".

Rise - Ashes Remain
"Broken souls on the city streets [...]
Fading hearts of a generation
Tired eyes of a desperate nation
Blank stares and empty grins
When did we let darkness in?
It's time to light it up again [...]
Broken bones and scars remind us [...]
It's time to bring us back to life"

This one really symbolises the devastating effect that the war has had on everyone, no one has gone unscathed from the unnecessary violence. "When did we let darkness in" can refer to how long the war had been dragging on for. It had been over three hundred years since it broke out, so does anyone remember the real reason why it happened in the first place? Retellings of events change to suit propaganda - especially in war. The last line of course links to the steps that are being taken to ensure peace, starting with Merdell Academy.

King - Zayde Wolf
"I can feel the weight
I can feel the weight of the world
I can feel the pressure [...]
I will not run, when destiny comes"

Okay, another one for the heirs. Like I've said previously, they're under a lot of pressure to be diplomatic in order to make sure this peace treaty stays intact but even though they're having to cope with a lot of responsibility, I think that many of the characters are determined enough to stick it out, so they "will not run."

Rule the World - Zayde Wolf
"Our blood runs cold like we're at war
Our eyes light up like a thunderstorm
There are no locked doors anymore
We own the future"

Well then, this is also quite explanatory. This new generation does own the future and they're free to do what they please with this newfound freedom, hence the "there are no locked doors anymore" but it's also understandable that their "blood runs cold like we're at war" since they're still young people who have experienced the horrors of war, and it something that they're definitely not going to forget.

Kings and Queens - 30STM
"We were the kings and queens of promise [...]
These lessons that we've learned here
Have only just begun."

I know, I know, I keep coming back to the point that these characters are going to lead the new world and as such, are the "kings and queens of promise" but I just think it's a nice thing to remember that they have a purpose and a duty. Annnnddd the last two lines can be a reference to the academy itself, since well... they're being taught new things. Obviously.

Watch Me - The Phantoms
"Gonna show them a thing or two
I'm gonna turn it up, set it loose
Feast your eyes I've got something new [...]
I give it all I got
Never any less
Just watch me now"

So, I kinda think of this as one of Leon's themes as I think it relates to his goal of crushing the misconceptions about Myndok and showing the others what they can really do. But of course, it's open to many interpretations ^^

Stomp Me Out - Bryce Fox
I was going to say that this one is another song that could refer to a few kingdoms but the more I look at the lyrics I think it has a stronger connection with the Kingdom of Lweste mostly because of these two lines:
"I got the sunset in my pocket, and I'm not afraid to use it
Now I'm feelin' superhuman, that's the point of the illusion"

Which I personally interpret as their unique abilities when it comes to manipulating light ("sunset in my pocket") and creating illusions ("that's the point of the illusion")

The Warpath - Conner Youngblood
This one is for our beloved Aveoulians!
"In our struggle to survive we keep the warpath by our side
We strike the sky until the sun bows
And fly until our feathers burn out"

This provides an example about how the Aveoulians are a force to be reckoned with due to their sheer strength being enough to make "the sun bow" and how they're always pushing forward until they "burn out." Throughout the history of the war, they've also suffered staggering losses in their forces but they hold unwavering resolve from how combat is culturally viewed in general, linking to "in our struggle to survive we keep the warpath by our side."

Okay, so I spent more time on this than I care to admit, so feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on this list, and I'd be happy to hear your own interpretations too since there's a very high chance that I've probably missed something that I could've made a point on :3:

Anyone know the song Strength of a Thousand Men? I think that's the perfect song for Reinhold! :)

Btw we need to update the relationship between the knight and the champ. Since its not kiana anymore, the way your character views mine might have changed.
speaking of relationships!
I'm not really sure how Lysandra will view your character.

Btw we need to update the relationship between the knight and the champ. Since its not kiana anymore, the way your character views mine might have changed.
First and foremost, do not take any of it personally, I am trying to disconnect myself and my character. These are her opinions and her actions. <3

She will respect her rank and her power, but that does not mean she will not come off catty or a little jealous. Again, Occidea is simply powerful, despite going through training she just has it. Carlisle is still heroic in her own terms as preservation of soldiers beside her and civilians are both important. However, these two cannot always be balanced and as for the civilians she would sacrifice with a heavy heart. Then hope her men can protect what is left. She may take Occidea's cold composure as a front more than it is really her, saying something like, "Your face claims detachment as you try to hide your heart's frailness." Carlisle herself dislikes undead/necromancy magic a lot. She is not faint of heart and she see's it often, but it feels dishonorable to do it. Although this is how her kingdom has risen on this "the ends make the means" mentality, she still has her own code. (This may bring up conflict, especially if she were to say this in front of her highness)

First and foremost, do not take any of it personally, I am trying to disconnect myself and my character. These are her opinions and her actions. <3

She will respect her rank and her power, but that does not mean she will not come off catty or a little jealous. Again, Occidea is simply powerful, despite going through training she just has it. Carlisle is still heroic in her own terms as preservation of soldiers beside her and civilians are both important. However, these two cannot always be balanced and as for the civilians she would sacrifice with a heavy heart. Then hope her men can protect what is left. She may take Occidea's cold composure as a front more than it is really her, saying something like, "Your face claims detachment as you try to hide your heart's frailness." Carlisle herself dislikes undead/necromancy magic a lot. She is not faint of heart and she see's it often, but it feels dishonorable to do it. Although this is how her kingdom has risen on this "the ends make the means" mentality, she still has her own code. (This may bring up conflict, especially if she were to say this in front of her highness)
The good way to say how Occidea sees Carlisle as useful. The no so nice way would be slightly less disposable.

Please tell me how mine queen will see me, lol or what you expect to happen. They may have crossed paths or not at all : 3
Here we go:
More than likely Lysandra has met Carlisle, seeing as Lysandra has often sparred with guards or watched over their training when she had the chance to. She would find her respectful enough to speak to, anything past that is a bit complicated. Being that Lysandra is always doing something and even though she wants to have a friend or at least some one to talk with, it's hard for her to trust or get close to anyone. Not to mention both the girls are both busy with their jobs. However maybe she can start to trust the guard?

Here we go:
More than likely Lysandra has met Carlisle, seeing as Lysandra has often sparred with guards or watched over their training when she had the chance to. She would find her respectful enough to speak to, anything past that is a bit complicated. Being that Lysandra is always doing something and even though she wants to have a friend or at least some one to talk with, it's hard for her to trust or get close to anyone. Not to mention both the girls are both busy with their jobs. However maybe she can start to trust the guard?
I suppose it´d be a bit more difficult with the champ?

Heavenchi Heavenchi now that you know more about Kass, what do you think Aster's relationship with him would be like?
I think it could go two ways. A) Aster keeps up her persona around him or B) she confides in him and they’re actually close? It could be funny that their familiars actually don’t get along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back