• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mercenary Dawn: Steel Phoenixes

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Bloodspiller shuddered at the massive hit, but shrugged it off, before rushing towards the group of Lions in the fields. She closed the distance on one of the group and brought her sword to bear upon it. She brought the sword down with as much force as she possibly could upon this poor Lion.

Melee Weapons attack: -2+4(+2 for Lone Wolf if no one joins me, +2 Burning a Fate Point to invoke First In, Last Out)= 6
Evasion: 1

Last edited:
With the Marine rapidly closing in on her location Irene was forced to swap to her weapon’s second firing mode, allowing her to fire smaller rounds at a much higher rate. This trait proved useful as she was able to nail the encroaching enemy with several rounds, destroying some of its armor.
((Marine invoked ‘Deadly AI Controlled Walker’ to raise its evasion to 7 total, it takes 2 shifts of damage))

Hoping to take advantage of the enemy’s single minded zeal, Sara fires her laser against the Marine’s back only to watch it juke out of the way again.
((Marine maintains Boost against Sara due to another success with style on its evade))

Accelerating to its maximum speed, the melee geared Walker rapidly closed the distance to Irene’s Sniper Walker and lashed out with its parry blade, the metal spike plunging deep into Titania.
((Marine invokes ‘Well Designed for Close Combat’ to raise its attack to 9 total, 7 shifts of damage dealt. 5 shifts need to be handled by some combination of Conditions and/or Consequences))

Abdul has some difficulty finding the type of terrain setup he was looking for, but eventually he does find a dense enough section of foliage that could serve as cover.
((Fate point was needed to create the Aspect with 1 invoke))

The swiftly moving bulk of Akir’s Walker blitzes towards the largest target on the field, poised to deliver a devastating blow. While the Volcano was unable to get out of the way in time, its ridiculous amount of armor allowed it to simply shrug off the metal spike that pierced its flank.
((Invoked ‘While Tough, the Design is Slow” to help reduce damage, Volcano takes 2 shifts of damage))

In response to the attack against its ally, the Typhoon moved to get some distance from Akir before unloading a flight of missiles against him. Despite its bulk however, Akir was able to get his machine mostly out of the way, suffering only a few missiles against his thick armor.
((Akir takes 1 shift of Physical stress))

Null is able to quickly and easily accomplish her hacking task, only to watch as Morrigan renders her efforts worthless by demolishing the entire group of Lions with only a few blows from her Walker’s sword in a devastating display of power. The Volcano wasn’t about to let her get away with this scot free however, carefully aimed plasma blasts and a barrage of lasers digging deep into her armor.
((Null makes her Aspect only for Morrigan to kill the Lions without even needing the Aspect. Volcano invokes ‘Extremely Deadly AI Controlled Walker’, ‘Overwhelming Firepower’, and uses 2 Energy Stress via the Power Amp to raise its total attack to 10. After Bloodspiller’s evasion and Armor, 6 Physical Stress is dealt to Morrigan. 2 must be soaked via a Consequence or Condition))

Tanu carefully retreats, and this time her attempts to stay hidden seem to be met with success as there is a lack of weapons fire against her location. It looks as if she was going to be stealth partners with Null, but the hacker’s Walker was starting to suffer power shortages, shortages that promised to cause difficulties if not taken care of quickly.
((COMPEL Null’s “All these special systems are draining a lot of power!” to have something happen that compromises her stealth. Can either accept and gain a Fate point, or refuse by paying a Fate point))

Standing in the way of the group of Samurai Walker’s, Evans lashes out with his machine’s giant fists, the first coming down in a downwards swing that crushes the smaller Walker before the second one is used to backhand another Walker where it lands onto its back with the chest reduced to a crumpled mess. The remaining four attempts to attack him with their parry blades but find that Evans is able to juke his Walker out of the way. Attempting to aid their allies, the group of Anubis fire their cannons at Evans, but their accuracy is poor and they deal minimal damage.
((Evans destroys 2 Samurai and dodges the group's counter attack. Anubis Group also attacks but only does 1 shift of Physical stress))

Having seen two of her allies take massive hits, Sara feels an urge to try to protect either Irene or Morrigan, even if it put her at risk.
((COMPEL Sara’s ‘Cares Too Much About People’ take the next hit meant for either Irene or Morrigan. Can either accept and gain a Fate point, or refuse by paying a Fate point))

((Battle!
Objectives: Destroy the enemy
Aspects - Fields: Wide Open Spaces, Forest: Dense Trees, River: Deep Waters
Terrain:
Sim 2 map.jpg
Locations
Forest 2: Irene, Abdul, Tanu, Marine
Forest: Null, Sara, Evans, Samurai Group
Field: Morrigan
Hills: Anubis Group, Typhoon, Volcano, Akir

Enemies: 4x Anubis, 6x Samurai, 1 Marine, 1 Typhoon, 1 Volcano))

Last edited:
Null tilts her head as the simulation indicates that her walker was draining too much power. They had really gone all out on the details. She quickly makes the necessary adjustments to keep her position hidden behind the copse of trees.

Null then turns her attention back to the simulated battlefield and initiates a hack on the Volcano that had just unleashed the devastating barrage. She takes a moment to add in the same old robotic monotone, "Looks like you made a friend."

Resist Compel
Burn a Fate point to remain hidden

Security
Hack Volcano
Create an Aspect to Decrease Evasion/Defense: Compromised Volcano Defense
Roll 1 + Skill 4 + 1 Targeting Array = 6

Evasion
Roll 1

Last edited:
Abdul piloted through the forest with care, keeping his distance from the enemies in the trees and going in an arc around them. It seemed like the Samurais and Marine were quite surrounded, certain to be swarmed like a spider in an anthill, and so he figured it would be better to aim for other targets. He opened the voice channel and spoke to Akir.

"To you in the hills- first, I apologize for forgetting your name. Secondly, please be prepared to move. I am sending missiles towards the cluster of small walkers near your location."

Move from Forest 2 to Forest

Attack Anubis group
4df = (+bb-) = 0
+2 from Explosive Weapons skill​
+1 from Large Missile Pod​
+1 from Missile Fire Control System​
Total: 4

Evasion
(-++b) = 1

Morrigan quickly cleaved through the group of Walkers, cleanly slicing through the "cockpits" of the AI Walkers, showing no mercy or remorse. As the last Lion is impaled by Bloodspiller's sword, she is slammed by the Volcano's barrage. She, and Bloodspiller in return, shrug off the attack as if it were nothing, ignoring the (simulated) static as her sensors start to wig out from the massive blow. "Keep your focus right here big guy." She raises her sword toward the Volcano, and it crackles with plasma energy of its own, before launching a blast down the center of the blade at the Volcano.

Condition: Disrupted Sensors
Morrigan does not move, but Makes a Ranged Energy Weapon Attack against the Volcano
Energy Weapon Attack=(b--+)= -1
+1 Energy Weapons Skill
+3 (Burned a 3 Energy Stress Box to use the Plasma Core Greatsword)
+2 (Free Invoke use [1 of 2] on All Eyes On Me vs the Volcano)
+2 (Burn a Fate Point on Volcano's trouble aspect Tough but Slow)
= 7 total Energy Weapon Attack
Evasion= (---b)= -3

Last edited:
"Well if everyone on both sides is just going to go all out with no real structure other than to do as much damage as possible I'd say this isn't a good tactical test of anyone's skills and we just should all do whatever and have fun with it." Akir chuckles, directing his mech to deliver another close up blow, however without the momentum of the charge it's not quite as powerful.

Melee Attack -1 +1 Juggs +3 Melee skills for 3.

Evasion: 1

"Oh heeeey~ Null! Fancy meeting you here!" Tanu cheerfully calls when she notices Null nearby. "Isn't this exciting! It would be a lot funner if they were real so, y'know, we could actually take em apart and build stuff out of them but this is still fun! It's like some big arcade game! Wait, wait, that's it! We should totally all go to an arcade sometime! You'd be amazing at it, I bet!"

Tanu sighs wistfully, imagining the squad all hanging out together. She had to make it a reality, but first she had to get through this simulation, "Hehe, I should probably focus. I want to take down one of em this time! Let's see now... who's easy prey... mmhm! That guy~."

Vampy crouched down, locking its sights on the lone marine and slowly crawled towards it. Once it was close enough the walker dashed forwards, claws ready to tear into its unsuspecting prey. "Boo!"

-Using Backstab stunt
Sneak Attack: 3 + 3 bonus = 6
evasion: 3

"What the hell?! How'd th- Talk about a difficulty spike!" Irene curses as her machine is rocked by the sudden and devastating assault. "Sensors are all over the place, and there goes what little armor I had! My kingdom for a meat shield! I'd even take a tofu-shield at this point! A vegan shield! Chickpea shield! Something!!"

Irene fires on the swift moving Marine as best she can while her finger hovered over her booster button. This was getting embarrassing, she had a reputation to maintain! Empty shells clattered to the virtual floor as her rifle spat out burst after burst of high explosive armor piercing mech rounds at her foe.

"C'mere you little bastard! I'm gonna shoot an AP round right up yer arse!"

((Conditions: Broken Armor, Disrupted Sensors.
To hit: 2+4= 6.
Evasion: -2+2=0.
If enemy would hit, use Evasion Boosters.
If enemy would still hit, Invoke High Mobility.))

Moving forward closer to the edge of the forest allows Abdul to get an easy target lock on the reverse-jointed Anubis Walkers. Even with the cover of the hills, the pilot’s long range missiles pummel each Anubis and reduce the machines to scrap. However, whatever satisfaction he may feel for a job well done as the Typhoon sought to return the favor with a barrage of missiles from its back-mounted launchers. Try as he might, Abdul is unable to get out of the way in time, a number of the missiles hitting already ravaged sections of armor to inflict even more devastation upon the machine.
((Anubis group destroyed. Typhoon attacks Abdul using the free invoke on Broken Armor to deal 5 shifts worth of damage. 2 are soaked by a stress box leaving 3 that must be handled by Consequences and/or Conditions.))

Akir attempts to follow up his previous attack upon the Volcano with a second one, only to find that the AI-controlled Walker twisted out of the way at the last second. However, his partner’s aim isn’t so easily spoiled, Irene’s sniper shot plugging a good sized hole into its armor even as the wave of plasma from Morrigan washes over its thick hide. Despite the huge amounts of armor just lost, the machine still stands tall and ready to dish out destruction, something that Morrigan would experience yet again. The Volcano’s aim is true once more as its deadly array of energy weapons melt off yet more armor and start digging deeper into the sword wielding Walker. In the middle of all this carnage Null is able to hack into the Volcano’s systems.
((Akir misses, Morrigan and Irene hit the Volcano, uses up its 3rd and 4th physical stress boxes. Volcano attacks Morrigan for 8 total shifts. Morrigan’s -2 total Piloting evasion is canceled out by her armor. 2 stress soaked by a stress box, the other 6 must be handled by Consequences and/or Conditions.

Null creates Compromised Volcano Defense with 2 invokes))

Tanu has VAMPYR lunge for the Marine only to witness the Walker agiley move to the side. Rather than pay her any mind however, it keeps going after Irene and attempts to attack again with its Parry Blade. However, Sara had seen this coming and had already been moving enroute, allowing her to throw her Walker into the path of the attack, the metal spike plunging deep into her machine.
((Sara takes the hit meant for Irene, suffering 7 shifts of damage. 1 is bled off via stress box, the other 6 must be taken care of via Consequences and/or Conditions. The Boost against Sara expires without being used))

Meanwhile Evans keeps working on the Samurai, the metal fists smashing through their defenses and soon leaving them incapacitated.
((Samurai group destroyed))

((Battle!
Aspects - Fields: Wide Open Spaces, Forest: Dense Trees, River: Deep Waters, All Eyes on Me, They’re in the Trees, Broken Armor (Irene), Disrupted Sensors (Irene), Compromised Volcano Defense
Terrain:
Sim 2 map.jpg

Locations
Forest 2: Irene, Tanu, Marine, Sara
Forest: Null, Evans, Abdul
Field: Morrigan
Hills: Typhoon, Volcano, Akir

Enemies: 1 Marine, 1 Typhoon, 1 Volcano))

However, whatever satisfaction he may feel for a job well done as the Typhoon sought to return the favor with a barrage of missiles from its back-mounted launchers. Try as he might, Abdul is unable to get out of the way in time, a number of the missiles hitting already ravaged sections of armor to inflict even more devastation upon the machine.
Abdul growled. He was not very fond of this. "Let us see how you like it," he grumbled, slapping back with his own barrage of missiles. He couldn't even derive cathartic satisfaction from this vengeance, he was in too much of a rough spot to start feeling good about himself. Still being very grumpy, he retreated further back into the woods and once again hid himself behind the knotted trees.

Abdul takes consequence: Twitchy Actuator

Abdul attacks Typhoon: (+--b) + 4 = 3

Abdul retreats to Forest 2

Evasion: (+-+-) = 0

Invoke aspect ("They're in the Trees") if needed.

"Does going from 0 to 1 count as a 100% spike in difficulty?" Null questions dryly in the same robotic monotone. In response to her teammates' struggles she breaks cover from the copse of trees and advances to the fields. There she targets the Typhoon with her short range weapons fire. Her assault seems to benefit from a spot of great luck or some impressive accuracy. In actuality Null - of course - cheated. Her cyberbrain's hacking module silently accessed the simulator hardware that she'd compromised before the battle and increased her attack's odds of success significantly. This wasn't a particularly difficult simulation and the team was about to win even without her intervention, but better to demonstrate that she was capable of more than just hiding in the trees.

Advance to Field.

Security
to attack Typhoon with Kinetic Weapons
Network Wizard: Use Security instead of Kinetic Weapons.

Roll 1 + Skill 4 + 2 (Compromised Simulator Hardware) + 2 (Win First) = 9

Burn a fate point to invoke Sun Tzu said, “Victorious warriors win first, then go to battle.” and a free invoke from Compromised Simulator Hardware.

Evasion
Roll -2

Last edited:
"Hmm, I can tell already Oberon needs a significant upgrade. Or a better pilot. Well, he rolled badly and got me, so sorry old king. Let's see if we can do any better this time." Akir says to himself cheerfully as he repeats the same action from last turn. "Now of course I should be really crossing multiple zones for the boost and confusing multiple enemies and doing all sorts and maybe shielding the others but damn it, I'm enjoying myself." The vet hums to himself as the revolver stake tries once more to pierce the armour of the volcano.

Melee Attack 0 +1 Juggs +3 Melee skills for 4. Burn a fate point for another +2. Make it 6. Why not.

Evasions: 1

"Will someone take care of that stupid Marine! I swear to God, Marines are so damn annoying! They always pester me when I'm trying to get things done!" Irene complains, taking aim at the Volcano. "Let me give you a hand, dear! In that I'm giving the Volcano a bullet!"

Doing her best to ignore the wailing alarms around her and the worrying simulated sparks flying from some of the consoles, Irene takes aim, steadies herself and pulls the trigger, sending an armor-piercing shell directly at a spot where she can see the Volcano's armor is cracked.

((Free Invoke: Volcano Compromised Defense:+2. Fate Point: Other Half of a Deadly Duo, +2. Double Trouble:+2 to attacks on Akir's target. Roll: -1. Use Longshot. Reroll: 0,+2+2+2+4+1+1= 12 to hit Volcano.

2+2= 4 Evasion. Will use Evasion Boosters and High Mobility to avoid if needed, in that order.))

Half melted, sparking in some places, Bloodspiller raises its sword toward the Volcano, before rushing at it. "I am going to tear you limb from limb, and then I'm going to use your pieces to beat that Marine into the floor until I break this stupid simulation!" Bloodspiller slams it's sword into the Volcano with full force.

Morrigan moves to Hills, Attacks Volcano
Melee Weapon Attack (++b-)=1 + 4
All Eyes on Me Free Invoke= +2
Comprimised Armor free invoke= +2
Burn a Fate Point on the aspect The Specter of Death has Arrived= +2
Total 1+4+2+2+2= 11 to hit the Volcano

Evasion roll= 4

"Oh come on!" Tanu whines, clearly unhappy with the results of Vampy's attack, "I was so close! How come these things are so fast! No fair! Ugh! That's it, time for the Vampy special! I ain't letting that thing get away!"

Determined to help out the team, and tear up some walkers, Vampy makes chase after the Marine. It unleashes a ripple of energy, making the air shimmer for a second as it flew towards the Marine. It was too late to save Irene from the attack, but perhaps it would prevent any further. "Here it comes, Special ☆ Seasoning ☆ Style!"

>using Control Jammer @ that pesky Marine
Electronic Warfare= -3 + 3bonus = 0
Evasion= 0

In his haste to unleash a volley of missiles before retreating, Abdul’s aim ends up being insufficient as the Typhoon is able to simply move behind a hill to avoid being blasted again. However, this distracts it long enough for Null to move into position and fire several hacking-enhanced rounds that tear through its armor like swiss cheese.
((Abdul misses, Null hits for 5 stress, 3 Physical Stress box used and Shredded Armor Consequence gained))

Turning its attention from Abdul to one of the Walkers attacking the Volcano, the Typhoon moves up to get enough range to use its missiles. However Akir sees the barrage incoming and is able to move out of the way in time.
((Typhoon moves to Field and attacks Akir, misses))

Akir, Irene, and Morrigan, all three seemingly having enough of the Volcano’s persistence, all attack nearly at the same time. While the massive Walker once again manages to turn enough to make Akir’s blow end up being less than stellar, the other two manage to land devastating hits against its hide, including a fused knee joint from the sniper round now lodged into it.
((Akir does 1 stress, Irene does 9, Morrigan does 8. Last Physical stress box used, gains Fused Knee Moderate Consequence, Conditions Broken Armor, Twitchy Actuator, and Damaged Control Systems all used.))

Despite the horrific damage dealt to it, the Volcano quickly proved that it was still in this fight by turning its numerous lasers against Morrigan’s machine, working it over with a deadly light show that melted large pieces of metal.
((Volcano attacks Morrigan, 3 GM Fate points used to invoke Overwhelming Firepower, Extremely Deadly AI Controlled Walker, and to Hostile Invoke Damaged Control Systems on Morrigan, 10 total stress after Morrigan’s Armor.
Due to the Hostile Invoke, Morrigan will gain a Fate point after this conflict.))

Seeking to aid the fight against the Marine, Evans quickly moves in and attacks, but the smaller Walker is too nimble and dodges both the giant fists as well as the blue beam from Sara’s rifle. Swiftly moving in it attempts to once again puncture Irene’s armor with its Parry Blade, but despite the damage to her sensors the sniper sees the attack coming and is quick to move out of the way with the aid of her Walker’s boosters. Not long after the Marine stumbles as the legs start to seize up.
((Evans and Sara miss, Marine attacks Irene but using Evasion Boosters with the 3 Energy stress box and using a Fate point is enough to dodge despite it using the free invokes of Broken Armor and Disrupted Sensors. Control Jammer success with style, will work for 2 turns))

((Battle!
Aspects: List is long, please refer to the Fate card site.
Terrain:
Sim 2 map.jpg

Locations
Forest 2: Irene, Tanu, Marine, Sara, Abdul, Evans
Forest:
Field: Null, Typhoon
Hills: Volcano, Akir, Morrigan

Enemies: 1 Marine, 1 Typhoon, 1 Volcano))

The Bloodspiller looks truly mangled from the last barrage, but it is still standing. And if it is still standing, it can still fight. Morrigan pilots her mech towards the Volcano, more of a limp at this point, and, rather than her overly aggressive blows that she's been leading with, just forcefully thrusts her blade through the Volcano's equally mangled defenses, trying to rip right through to it's core.
"I..... Win."

Melee Attack against Volcano (++-+)= 2 + 4
free invoke on Volcano's Fused Knee +2
free invoke on Volcano's Broken Armor +2
free invoke on Volcano's Twitchy Actuator +2
free invoke on Volcano's Damaged Weapon Control Systems +2
Total= 14 to hit Volcano

Evasion= (----)= -4, Burned a fate point on First In, Last Out to reroll to (bb--)= -2

Null is silent as she directs her walker to fire on the Typhoon. This time she remains within the rules of the simulation and her weapons fire is...terrible.

Kinetic Weapons to attack Typhoon

Roll 0 + Skill 1 = 1

Evasion
Roll -3

"Come on, all I want is for you to do what's in the nature of all volcanoes to do..." Irene cajoles the enemy AI from her cockpit. "EXPLODE!"

A single armor piercing shell streaks from the end of Irene's weapon like the fingertip of an angry god, threatening to pierce to the core of the enemy machine.

((To Hit: -3+1+1+4= 3. Dodge: 2+2=4. Use Evasion Booster as needed if targeted.))

((Typhoon moves to Field and attacks Akir, misses))
"Excellent," whispered Abdul, eyes glued to his targeting screen. "Right into range. Praise be to Allah, truly He is the Greatest."

The pilot smiled calmly and fired. It seemed like things were lining up a bit more favorably.

Abdul stays in Forest 2

Abdul attacks the Typhoon:
4df = (+-+-) = 0
+2 from Explosive Weapons skill​
+1 from Large Missile Pod​
+1 from Missile Fire Control System​
Total: 4

Evasion: (++b-) = 1

Invoke aspect "They're in the Trees" if necessary.

Akir attacks the volcano again, helping out with the sustained barrage against it, the familiar stake driver attempting to further pierce the poor Volcano.

-1+3 melee+1 Stake driver = +3

Evade: -2

"Ha! Try to run away now!" Tanu exclaimed, a satisfied grin on her face. "Just stay stil so Vampy can rip you to bits~!"

Once more, VAMPYR attempts to attack the marine.

Attack: 3
Evasion: -1

The blade from Morrigan’s Walker digs deep, severing a number of powerlines in addition to cracking the casing around the fusion reactor powering the monster. The erratic power readings in addition to its suddenly sluggish movements gave a good indication at just how bad the damage was, and unknown to the group the targeting system was fried from a power surge as a bonus. Taking a step back to keep its balance, the massive Volcano has little choice but to raise an arm in the way of Akir’s attack, the metal spike piercing a laser rifle and ruining the hand that had been holding it. Finally, the shell fired from Irene’s sniper cannon landing a glancing blow against the head, and while it failed to destroy it, the damage against its sensors could be a useful advantage.
((Volcano takes Malfunctioning Reactor, Severe Consequence (Damaged Targeting System), and Power Shortage to bleed off Morrigan’s damage
Disrupted Sensors used to bleed off the damage from Irene
Minor Consequence (Busted Hand) for the damage from Akir))

By this point the mighty war machine was a far cry from the raw power it projected earlier with its armor in tatters and its movements sluggish from the damage to internal components. However it was still dangerous and as close as Morrigan was there was no chance of missing. Another laser salvo added to the damage that the pilot was having to deal with as the two continued to race each other to destruction.
((Volcano deals 6 shifts of damage to Morrigan’s Walker))

The missile loaded Typhoon again attempts to come to the aid of its ally by firing another volley of explosives at Akir, but unlike last time some of them actually hit and leave craters in the Juggernaut’s armor.
((Akir takes 2 shifts of damage, stress box used to soak it))

In retaliation the fire support Walker comes under heavy fire, forcing it to take evasive action. As Null may have expected, her rounds clearly miss, but Abdul is more fortunate as several missiles find their mark and damage some of the armor. Unfortunately Sara’s laser beam also misses.
((Null and Sarah miss, Abdul does 1 stress of damage which is soaked by a stress box))

Meanwhile deep within the Forest the battle against the Marine continues. Due to the disruption of its control systems, it couldn’t chase after Irene when she moved away and was left open to Tanu’s follow up strike. The claws cut deep, shredding the Walker’s rear armor and leaving it incredibly vulnerable. A fact that Evans took advantage of by smashing one of his giant fists through the damage section, crushing numerous internal components and the cockpit itself. With the simulator detecting catastrophic damage to the Marine, it had the Walker fall limply to the ground and completely out of the fight.
((Tanu and Evans destroy the stunned Marine))

Irene's eye twitches as she sees the Volcano still up despite her best efforts to take it down. "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!" Irene screams as a metal box that had been haphazardly installed into her virtual cockpit slides apart to reveal a huge red button ominously labelled, 'Fuck It.'. "You've forced me to use my secret weapon! I CALL UPON THE FORCES OF GOD AND ANIME!!!" With that, she slams her fist on the big red button.
((Irene uses a Fate Point to invoke her Otaku Aspect to declare a story detail: one of the techs for the simulator area was bribed to do some additional work on the simulator. This was arranged and organized before sim battle even started.))

At this point the sky flickers a few times with patches of it taking on a static filled appearance for a few moments. Moments later three new groups of mechs materialize onto the battlefield, but none of them are types recognized by the group’s sensors and targeting sensors. Inside the Forest is a pair of green armored designs with spiked shoulder pauldrons and armed with machine guns. Out on the Field a trio of white mechs with red trim appear, also armed with some kind of kinetic weapon, but this one appeared to be a more cylindrical design and the build of their bodies suggested lighter weight than conventional designs. Finally in the Hills a trio of purple machines armed with spears and appearing to have some kind of wheel system mounted on the side of their legs arrive.

Unobserved by anyone a section of the river starts the bubble.

“What the hell is going on?” the doctor wonders out loud in the observation area before his PDA beeps. Glancing at it he finds a message from security alerting him that one of the techs had modified the simulator and were asking if it should be shut down. Roger’s first reaction was to reply with an affirmative, but he pauses and changes his mind and instead tells them to let it go but that he wanted to talk to the tech after this was over. Sighing, he settles back into a chair to watch how this played out. Regardless of how things went from here, they passed the simulator as far as he was concerned and were ready to move on to the real thing. With any luck though this unexpected development might give some useful data, and more importantly to teach them that unexpected things could easily happen on the battlefield.

((Battle!
Aspects: List is long, please refer to the Fate card site.
Terrain:
Sim 2 map.jpg

Locations
Forest 2: Irene, Tanu, Sara, Abdul, Evans
Forest: Zakus
Field: Null, Typhoon, Valkyries
Hills: Volcano, Akir, Morrigan, Sutherlands

Enemies: 1 Typhoon, 1 Volcano, 3 Sutherlands, 2 Zakus, 3 Valkyries)))

Sword already embedded into the Volcano, Morrigan was completely absorbed in finishing off the Volcano, put all of her force behind ripping it out of the mech the hard way, through its side.

Attack (-b++)= 1
+4 Melee skill
+10 free invoke on all of the Volcano's conditions
= 15 to attack

Evasion= (b+bb)= 1

"Ha! Take that!" Tanu says gleefully as Vampy and Bubbles (a name she had literally just thought up for Evans' walker) took down the Marine. "Ooooh wait wait, we just did a combo attack! Look, we're all a team already!"

She laughed inside her walker and gave the side of her control panel a loving pat, "Good job Vampy, you're such a good walker! Yes you are~! Now for that well deserved snack!"

While Vampy began to tear apart the Marine, Tanu began to lightheartedly sing some karaoke tune which might be super important later on. She broke off several armor plates and other useful parts while examining the inner features of the mech. Any useful bits she harvested were placed on Vampy's back and secured with magnets and hooks.

Of course, while she did this she noticed something unusual. New walkers just spawned, but she didn't recognize any of them. Not that she really cared, the number one thing she noticed was that they looked SUPER cool. "THAT'S RAD! Look at em! Guys let's bust em up too! I just thought of some new ideas for my Sundrop schematic!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back