• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Mercenaries of the Nexus

Xell walked out with the rest of the crew as, leaving the "king" knocked out, with a bit brain and skull damage from hit the table. He also picked up on of the dead soldiers staves on the way. As they got closer and closer to the doors Xell was still annoyed that they didn't get their pay in full. But the 1000 credits and the statue still. ...One of these shops should be willing to buy this piece of garbage for at least a few hundred credits... Xell thought as they made their ways to the double doors.

"Don't be stupid enough to try and follow us," Dex warned as they entered pushed open the doors to the main market area. He let the others pass him while holding his shields at the ready. Once the doors closed behind everyone he began backing away. Once he was confident they weren't going to follow or start shooting through the doors he lowered his shields. "Hey Blackout, can you keep an eye on them? I doubt this is the last we've seen of them."

He began surveying the various stands that encompassed the market place. The smart ones were using holographic displays, though far fewer of them fell into that category than should. Especially for this kind of environment. "I can't be the only one thinking that one of these suckers will take our extra luggage. Keep comms open and inform the rest of us when you find something."

With that, Dex walked into one of the isles and disappeared into the crowd. He bought some scrap and managed to swipe a couple computer chips from a very unobservant vendor. He thus far hadn't spotted anyone that looked like they'd be interested in the statue, but then again he was in a section dominated by technology trading. He was contemplating moving on when he saw a blaster he had to check out. Maybe he could take it apart and integrate it into his suit! It hadn't worked so far, but he still wanted to try.

Blackout quickly deactivated her EMP, re-attaching it to her belt. She handed Xell the toolbox, smiling like a child

I believe you are the rightful owner of this rock

She then turned when Dex mentioned her name, giving him a thumbs up when he asked for her to do something

You got it boss!

Blackout accessed the computer network again, looking to see if there were any security cameras. Interesting enough, there were none. I guess thats what you get in a back alley dump like this place, she thought. Reaching down to her belt again, she got out her quadcopter and tossed it into the air. It automatically unfolded and the camera feed appeared on her glasses HUD. She instructed the drone to head back to the building they were just in, marking the guards and the injured head honcho so they were easier to track and simply watch them

She watched Dex go off to find a new buyer for the statue and she figured she'd do the same. Going in a different direction, she wandered over to a section of the market where they were selling different mechanical parts. Maybe in the process of finding a rock buyer, she could get parts for a new drone

Sergi had watched as the two left before he took a look around, contemplating which way to go for a few moments. He decided to head down one of the isles not restricted by one particular item type to find someone who might be interested in that hunk of rock, as well as to find the vendor he had seen earlier selling a variety of pills and other types of medication, most of which was either banned in most sectors, or just cost too much for any normal person to acquire. He still had a majority of his credits from their last job, more than a little positive that what he had was enough to get a few nano pills for future use, not a lot, but enough to help him with any bad injuries that pulled him closer to death than he'd feel comfortable with.

He walked down the isle, eyes looking over each vendor as he made an attempt to avoid walking into people, most of which were twice his size, and to also avoid them running into him. None of the vendors peaked his interest, as most of them appeared to be selling mechanical parts, small 'pets', tiny trinkets, or a variety of small guns. He'd have to go looking down another isle to find someone interested in buying the rock, but first, the pill vendor.

Griff gave everyone his dead eye look, but apparently no one noticed. Probably due to his helmet. Everyone backed down. Griff thought that was good. He moved out, along with everyone else, pointing his gun at the guards. Dex held open the door for everyone, with his shield still up, which was nice on his part.

As Dex closed the door behind him, Griff spotted a figure taking cover near the building. Judging by the ugly suit and hunched over cover stance, it was most likely Narzel, his unlikely mentor. He waved her over, whilst putting away his gun.
"Where were you, Narzel? We had a kick-ass standoff in there! Did you get shot at? Why were you taking cover?" Griff continued to ask, as the team spreads out throughout the marketplace. Blackout was looking at fancy tech things, and everyone scattered in different directions.

Griff walked back to that fruit vendor, and this time, lifts two of them successfully with his kusarigama. It was really easy, especially with Narzel standing in front of him, garnering weird looks. He opened the mouth portion of his helmet, and started chomping once the vendor was out of sight.

They were supposed to find a buyer for the useless statue, but Griff didn't want to do that. He's in a marketplace, where there is no law enforcement. Practically heaven, for him. He looked around, lifting useless bling from vendors and buyers alike. He also lifted a few computer chips, CPUs, and a decent amount of internal wiring. He also used some of the bling he lifted, especially a beautiful blue necklace he lifted from those Xandi'morien drug dealers, to trade for a bunch of scrap metal, and alloys with this vendor who specializes in looting combat spacecraft wrecks. Griff also lifted a welding kit off of the same guy almost immediately after.

He would probably get in trouble for the stuff he did today, but that's something for future Griff to worry about. He is aware of this, however, and he will show restraint. He is a professional mercenary, not a murderous pickpocket- oh look, a shiny knife!

"Good job Blackout" Xell said when she gave back the toolbox with the statue. Xell then began to look around the different lines of stalls. He wanted to find the section for historical items and collectibles. It was best place to sell this piece of junk. So he walked down several different sections of stalls until he found the right one. This area had aliens selling other old statues, antic jewel, and other sort of collectibles.

Soon after he enter stall run by a short alien with bluish skin in a shady look suit and tie. "Ahh a customer what can I interest you in? We have everything you may want, ever for some one as... mechanical as you." the stall owner said eyeing Xell over.

"I'm not here to buy, I'm here to sell" Xell said placing the toolbox on the table and then slowly opening it to take the statue out.

"Interesting, may I have a closer look?"

"Yes but you know what happens if you break it" Xell said handing the statue over to the stall owner. Then he activate the speaker for his comms. "Hey everyone, I think I've found a buyer. He looking the statue over right now. Come over if you want." Xell said before turn his speaker off again.

Dex was lost in thought when Xell called. "I'll be right over," he replied. He was mostly thinking about what Blackout had said. 'You got it Boss!' He didn't want this. All he really wanted was to fly his ship and get paid doing jobs others wouldn't. Instead he ended up collecting a group of misfits who were all looking to make some coin as well. He ended up calling shots and others listened. Well, not all the time, but that's only to be expected with these types. Still, he didn't consider himself a good leader. He didn't give any feedback to any of his crew mates after they successfully saved the group from what could only end up a bloody battle otherwise and he didn't even acknowledge Narzel once they were back in the market area. Instead he just continued barking orders. He reached Xell and leaned off to the side, watching.

When Blackout heard the call from Xell, she just kinda sighed. She didnt really feel like walking back, plus the items she was finding were pretty hard to come around and if she left now, someone else might swipe then. Logically, in her own mind at least, she reached down to her belt and took the second drone she had, the RC Jumper. Unfolding it, she set it down on the ground and it turned on, its camera feed appearing in her glasses. She guided it to where Xell was and noticed Dex had appeared as well. The drone jumped a few feet into the air, landing on the roof of one of the stalls across from where Xell and Dex were

Sergi had just finished bartering with a vendor when the call from Xell came in. He stuffed the small container of capsules in his pocket as he walked towards the isle Xell went to, deciding to take a few cuts in certain areas to reach the designation faster. The alien navigated through the other buyers in the area, pushing past a few individuals of larger stature as he went by. It didn't take long for Sergi to get there, the blue skinned alien stationing himself near the stall directly across from the potential buyer, watching as the vendor looked over the statue with up-most care, as though afraid the hunk of rock would break with one wrong touch.

After a few moments of studying the statue the stall owner put the statue back on the counter after looking it over and studying it. "This is a very very nice piece. Were did you find it?" The stall owner asked.

"Does it matter? We got from tribes from a desert area of Leu if you most know. Are you going to buy it or not?" Xell asked.

"I'm afraid I can't buy. It wouldn't sell here"

"Then you just wasted my..." Xell said mad before being interrupted by the stall owner.

"I do how ever have a client who been looking for something likes this. If you deliver it him, I'll set up the meeting and your group and me will split the pay. 80 for you guys and 20 for me." the stall owner offered.

Xell started thinking about the offer before asking "How much do you think we can get for it?".

"About $6000" the stall owner said for a rough estimate.

"Let me discuss this with my team for a second" Xell said before turning to his crew members who arrived. 'What do you guys think? It sounds as good as the other offer, which worries me it'll end badly again."

"I think there's no way were getting a better offer," Dex replied. "No risk, no reward. If things head south again, then we can handle it then."

Dex was skeptical of this offer, but it could be worth it. Once they split up the credits there'd all be a lot richer, after all. And isn't that all that really matters?

The small RC drone rolled off the stall it was resting up on and jumped up high into the air so it landed on the countertop of the stall Xell and everyone else was gathered around. Blackout's voice could be heard from a small speaker embedded into the drone itself

Hey, at this rate we'll take anything

Somewhere else in the market, Blackout was window shopping, looking at all that they merchants had to offer. She had bought a few items for her personal use but other than that, she didnt really have much.

Sergi, although his usual skeptical self, was in agreement with Blackout. They didn't just steal the hunk of rock to sit on their ship as a reminder of their failed transaction, so they might as well take any deal they could get, especially if it there was the slightest chance of getting a good amount of credits for it.

"We might as well give this offer a go." Sergi said, putting his two cents in. "Like Dex said, if things go south, we'll handle it, but the thing doesn't do us any good collecting dust on the ship."

"Well then, I guess we're going to take the job" Xell said nodding to his crew mates before walking over to the stall owner. "Gives us the coordinates and name and we'll gets this statue to your buyer" Xell said putting his hand out to shake.

"Excellent. I'll call him and tell him your coming" the man said writing down The coordinates and name of the buyer on piece of paper and handed to Xell before shaking his hand.

"Good." Xell said placing the statue into the toolbox. Then he walked by his crew members and handed the paper with the directions and the name of client to Dex. "Sense your the pilot you'll need this more than me. How long you think it'll take for us to get there?" Xell asked.

Dex took the coordinates and examined them. It was quite a ways away. It'd require a couple jumps to get there, and jump locations weren't all that common. "A week at most," he finally said. "Less if there's no trouble around the jump rings." Jump rings were technological masterpieces. They were, as the name implies, two giant rings that bent space between them. Jump stations were set up kind of like train stations, allowing traffic to move between the two. Their only real down side (besides energy consumption) was the warping of time. While jumping only appeared to take a minute or so to the passengers, close to 20 hours would pass for the rest of the universe. Dex didn't even try to comprehend the physics behind it all. The worst part about their job was how far their meeting points often had to be from jump rings. It made sense, but didn't make it any easier.

As they began approaching the Nexus, Dex noticed a couple people checking it out. They were wearing hooded cloaks and hiding their faces, but he'd bet anything they were Heules. "If they touch my ship, I'll tear them apart limb from limb."

(sorry for the delay. Been out of internet the last couple days.)

Out of from the side alley, Blackout emerged to join the rest of the group, Both drones had been recalled to her and were holstered onto her belt. She had a small bag with small trinkets and what nots for her to mess around with on the long journey. As she looked towards the ship, she noticed the hooded figures as well as everyone else. She hand inched down towards her machine pistol holstered at her leg, but for once, she grew patient. Though, once they got on the ship, she was going to run a couple of scans for anything out of the ordinary

Sergi followed behind, checking his pockets as he walked in order to make sure his small amount of items, his throwing knives and tablets, were still there, and had not been stolen or accidently dropped. He looked up as they began to get closer to the ship, less than pleased by the sight of the hooded figures looking over the Nexus. He had no doubt that what Dex said was true, he just hoped they were smart enough to scatter, hoping to avoid another fight.

"A week huh. I been in sleep longer than that before." Xell said as followed the crew back to the ship. As they got their Xell and everyone else noticed men in cloaks. "I'll take care of them" Xell said before walking ahead of the rest of the crew and tapped one of the cloaked men on the shoulder. "Hey cloaky what are you doing?" Xell said looking down at the men as they turned to him.

The man turned to reveal his face. He was, in fact, a Heule. He was heavier built than the others and wasted no time drawing his pistol, but he couldn't be considered a threat. The other, however, was most certainly something else. He wore a mask that covered his face. When he turned he was wearing a suit that matched the mask in design. This one tore off his cloak and pulled out a grenade, holding down the trigger. He didn't have to say anything for everyone to know it was a deadman switch. He just watched the group, probably to see what they would do in response.

fallout%20new%20vegas%20photo%20manipulation_www.artwallpaperhi.com_32.jpg

Dammit, shit!

Blackout's hand dropped down to her pistol, but she didnt draw. She couldnt use the same bluff she used back at the trade building since it was obvious these people were more intelligence than the last. She kept her hand on her gun, waiting to see exactly how things would go down

"Ohh you got to be kidding me. What are you guys? Cowards?" Xell said more annoyed then scared about the two holding a deadman switch. Xell then slowly backed up heading back to the rest of the crew. "Anyone got an idea?" Xell asked quietly to the rest of the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back