• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug Mentions on mobile

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
So I hope this makes sense, as I have hard time explaining it.

On mobile, when I want to make a mention of someone, I start typing in " Username Username ". The menu drops down for me to pick from a list of names that start the same way as what I typed in. I pick the name, it fills in perfectly. For example, I typed "@usern", and picked the " Username Username " from the menu. However, if I continue entering my message, it will disregard the name I picked, and continue typing as if I never did. So, say, I wanted to type " Username Username hello there!", but since I pocked the name from the dropdown, it will become "@usern hello there!"

A way to avoid it, is pick the name you need, then place the, uh... the blinking symbol of where you type... elsewhere, and then place it after " Username Username " again.

lol Username is a real person but anyway, we've never had a space autofield. When I do @ and start typing your name, I can pick, but not just space and have it finish typing it out for me like say AutoCorrect.

lol Username is a real person but anyway, we've never had a space autofield. When I do @ and start typing your name, I can pick, but not just space and have it finish typing it out for me like say AutoCorrect.
Do you use iOS or Android? I have this problem on Android, and if I can find a good recording studio and it will help, I can record the problem for you.

What mobile device are you using? I don't have this issue on my device at all. You're saying that even when you go to click the username it doesn't select it?

I use an Android myself XD

Do you use iOS or Android? I have this problem on Android, and if I can find a good recording studio and it will help, I can record the problem for you.

I'm on an android. You'll have to show me.

What mobile device are you using? I don't have this issue on my device at all. You're saying that even when you go to click the username it doesn't select it?

Is it this issue? I understood it as it, not auto-filling which we've never had. When you do @ and some letters, it gives you choices but you have to click on it.

It's an android phone. One of Samsung Galaxy types. Android.
It picks the name, but just until I continue typing my message. When I do, it reverts back to @ and what i typed before picking the name from a list.

So you click the name and then when you type is doesn't actually tag them?
Screenshot_20190415-222751_Chrome.jpg

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy Okay, we managed to recreate it. It seems like a bug with the forum software so we'd have to inform the devs there. Until then click the underline and hopefully we'll get an answer some day.

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy Okay, we've confirmed it's an issue with Samsung Keyboard. You can download google keyboard as an app and it will work properly when you use that. The developers are aware of the issue already and have confirmed it. Whether or not they will fix it and when is unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back