• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Menagerie (Sonnie’s Edge inspired RP)

NerdyBirdy

Alaska Fan
So I was watching Netflix’s newest anthology series, Love, Death + Robots (amazing series, highly recommend) and the first episode is about a Kaiju fighting circuit where humans mind meld with alien beasts in battles to the death. A very cool premise that I think could make an awesome RP.

So here’s the concept: Thousands of years in the future, humanity has reached the cosmos to discover the universe has alien life, but few are humanoid. So humans enslave the aliens and use them in gladiatorial combat for profit and glory. There’s two types of beast fighting circuits: Lightweight division for aliens that don’t get bigger than a trailer and Heavyweight division for full on Kaiju Godzilla tier aliens that require entire worlds as battlegrounds. Most of humanity approves of it but there are alien rights groups that seek to oppose the practice. They send undercover agents to fight for captive aliens and free them in “Splice fights”, battles to the death but the winner gets cloning/gene splicing rights to the loser’s Beast.

It’s a work in progress but I think it has potential. Anyone want to join or help refine the idea? Post it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back