• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Men Of Their Word [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
heyoooo.

again id like to start discussion on two big things regarding characterization:

1. Is anyone interested in playing big name characters in the story such as the evil emperor, the Prince/ss, whose knights, ideally, the majority of the players will be cast as. or anyone else really.

and

2. Please fumble around with the idea of characters with core flaws centering around the seven deaedly sins: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride

I'd like to play a prince!!

What kind of relationships/background would that imply?

Also motivation; is he competing with the other royals or if there's already a chosen successor or if he's just set to serve as a duke or something?

Oh I'd be just as happy playing a knight btw. Not sure if I can handle two characters though.

I’ve got a keen interest in Greed, Wrath, and Pride as being aspects of my character! I can’t decide between the three, so I suppose if anyone has any preferences out of those they are welcome to take their pick.

To your second question, I'm not a huge fan of starting off characters on the seven deadly sins because I'd like my character to develop into having such a vice and start out more moldable. (Basically kinda wanna play with circumstance and how it affects/draws things out of him once the rp starts).

But a propensity towards sins and explanations for what circumstance feasibly would draw that out would be useful!

However, a trial or two of the seven deadly sins would be cool.

Plus I kinda feel like all seven of the deadly sins are probably in everyone to some extent.

To your second question, I'm not a huge fan of starting off characters on the seven deadly sins because I'd like my character to develop into having such a vice and start out more moldable. (Basically kinda wanna play with circumstance and how it affects/draws things out of him once the rp starts)

Plus I kinda feel like all seven of the deadly sins are probably in everyone to some extent.
this is what i want to do for sure. :V

I've got the plan to have their adventure, true, focus around a set of corrupted towns/cities, en route to the enslaved castle. each one being conquered by coming to grips with the knights sins associated with that place.

I'd like to play a prince!!

What kind of relationships/background would that imply?

Also motivation; is he competing with the other royals or if there's already a chosen successor or if he's just set to serve as a duke or something?

Oh I'd be just as happy playing a knight btw. Not sure if I can handle two characters though.

The prince/ss would entail a history within the now taken castle, a pure as they come revenge story, take that as you may regarding the sins. But its his goal, along with the knights, to fight their way back home and defeat this ancient evil.

To your second question, I'm not a huge fan of starting off characters on the seven deadly sins because I'd like my character to develop into having such a vice and start out more moldable. (Basically kinda wanna play with circumstance and how it affects/draws things out of him once the rp starts)

Being loosely based off of the sins doesn't directly mean that the sins should be the only aspect that the character revolves around. It’s a subtle trait, can even just vaguely be hinted at.

I’m not the GM, but as far as I’ve read nothing states that we’re completely fresh knights with no history or experience, and nothing says that we’re knights who are already molded and cannot change.

Being loosely based off of the sins doesn't directly mean that the sins should be the only aspect that the character revolves around. It’s a subtle trait, can even just vaguely be hinted at.

I’m not the GM, but as far as I’ve read nothing states that we’re completely fresh knights with no history or experience, and nothing says that we’re knights who are already molded and cannot change.
Well yeah I agree.

But... I meant that specifically for my character, not about everyone else's. If he's a prince, I was thinking of going a Solomon route -- the youngest, the least deserving of the crown, and the most humble, tends to have a moral clarity about him.

Well yeah I agree.

But... I meant that specifically for my character, not about everyone else's. If he's a prince, I was thinking of going a Solomon route -- the youngest, the least deserving of the crown, and the most humble, tends to have a moral clarity about him.

this would be neat :O +1

If you ever need help, don’t hesitate to ask. I can always chime in on my free time and help world build, if I’ve got a good idea of what you have in mind.

source.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back