• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Men Of Their Word [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If you ever need help, don’t hesitate to ask. I can always chime in on my free time and help world build, if I’ve got a good idea of what you have in mind.

I'm really just going to be slapping together a rough theology of the land, loosely based on Abrahamic religion.

Okay I'm a bit lost

So there will be story arcs set in towns based on one of the sins?

I wouldnt say full on story arcs. But more of an episodic thing.

Theyll be like a set of minor climaxes on the way through the story.

Thia sounds extremely structured, but ive got it sorted out.

I'm thinking of my knight's sin being Envy. He's the youngest son of a prominent nobleman, and has basically spent his entire life trying to prove himself worthy.

Thats interesting Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Would he be like Sir Kay? The sharpest tongue, the most fiery, and the one to stick to a code of decorum rigidly? Usually for a good cause, but easily misused.

Like he who said of Lancelot "He is a man like any other!"

Honestly I'm really amazed by how much work must've gone into that. The County names make me wonder, noble fams i presume? Which one did the evil emperor come from i wonder?

Aside from the continent being 10x too huge for a medieval society according to the key (I'm gonna pretend I didnt notice tho), I'm intrigued for how this will play in to a pokemans story structure...

Yep! Well, Solomon was often associated with Lust, since he had like a thousand wives. But an intelligent, if lazy prince would be a good fit, seeing as he was the youngest, and not expected to rule. But they'd be in the same metaphorical boat, being the youngest of their families.

Honestly I'm really amazed by how much work must've gone into that. The County names make me wonder, noble fams i presume? Which one did the evil emperor come from i wonder?

Aside from the continent being 10x too huge for a medieval society according to the key (I'm gonna pretend I didnt notice tho), I'm intrigued for how this will play in to a pokemans story structure...

I have the entire backstory storyboarded. Im just eating cookies in my bed crying on my cat because i have writers block and im out of midol.

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

I have the entire backstory storyboarded. Im just eating cookies in my bed crying on my cat because i have writers block and im out of midol.

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
Ah man that's so sad! It sounds like you've already done a lot so don't sweat and take it easy buddy!

Just gonna drop these for good openings to a good tale:

Bonus poems

Heyo, this seems super cool and I'd like to hop in if that's chill. I have a couple of ideas relating to a potential knight - Acedia is a concept related to both sloth and pride that has to do with "not doing what one is supposed to do" and avoids that task by various means. It can also be related to a general sense of apathy and depression to a degree. I think it would be interesting to portray a person who goes out into the world in an attempt to "solve" their apatheticness and "find their purpose" when they in fact are neglecting their duties at home. Or something along those lines. Perhaps a person starting as empty and purposeless driven to the cause just to try something and ultimately finding meaning in companionship? I don't know yet, just spitballing.

Also, being able to voice the "Evil Emp(press/eror)" would be a lot of fun too!

Heyo, this seems super cool and I'd like to hop in if that's chill. I have a couple of ideas relating to a potential knight - Acedia is a concept related to both sloth and pride that has to do with "not doing what one is supposed to do" and avoids that task by various means. It can also be related to a general sense of apathy and depression to a degree. I think it would be interesting to portray a person who goes out into the world in an attempt to "solve" their apatheticness and "find their purpose" when they in fact are neglecting their duties at home. Or something along those lines. Perhaps a person starting as empty and purposeless driven to the cause just to try something and ultimately finding meaning in companionship? I don't know yet, just spitballing.

Also, being able to voice the "Evil Emp(press/eror)" would be a lot of fun too!

consider this: The knight in question from a particular town, went into knighthood for the reasons described, then upon the events of this here roleplay, must confront his neglected home, corrupted by evil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back