• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Memphista Region

Name: Luka Valentin Levitsky.

Pokemon:

Vuxus:

1576792800508.png

Type: Ghost.

Current HP: 1.

Max HP: 6.

Ability:

Void walk:
If an opposing Pokemon is slower than Vuxus, their accuracy is drastically decreased.

Moves:

Scratch:
(Normal) 1d7.

Match: (Status) Match a targets HP, but lose ability debuff and cancel out all negative effects for the enemy.

Hidden Strike: (Ghost) 1d5 [Increased crit chance]

- - -

Luka felt horrible for ordering Vuxus to jump back into the fight. The green Pokémon was already injured, and Luka hated seeing their comrades suffer.

So, why did they feel obligated to stay?

Living to fight another day was the smart option, but something was preventing Luka from grabbing Vuxus and retreating.

. . .

"Heed these words, Luka. Fight for what you believe in, and do not surrender until your very last breath. They can conquer your land and claim your freedom, but only when you lose hope, have they truly won."

Luka's eyes widened at the sudden memory, causing them to gaze down at Vuxus, who was currently glaring daggers at the candle monster with a burning passion.

Although Vuxus looked like they were clinging onto consciousness, they were still raring to fight, and Luka couldn't help but smile.

With newfound confidence, Luka narrowed their eyes and pointed towards the unknown Pokémon.

"Let's try that again! Scratch them, Vuxus!"

Vuxus silently nodded, dashing into the air before crashing into their opponent and violently scratching at their face.

The candle creature cried out in pain and recoiled, desperately trying to throw off Vuxus, who was still attached to them.

Luka excitedly hopped up and down, cheering on their friend as their blue ushanka bounced with each movement.

"You can do it! That's it, Vuxus! I believe in you!"

At some point, the candle Pokémon tried to bite Vuxus, but couldn't find the right angle and snapped at nothing.

"Good job on dodging comrade! Keep it up!"

Finally, the candle creature managed to get rid of Vuxus after thrashing about and tossing them off with their appendages.

Luka panicked and tried to catch Vuxus, but the green Pokémon landed on their own, earning a sigh of relief from Luka.

For the most part, Vuxus was holding up okay. They were still injured, but the candle monster looked worn out and was starting to get careless.

Luka knew it was time to put an end to this battle before the tides turned on them.

"We're so close, Vuxus! Let's put an end to this bezumie once and for all! Hit them with a final Hidden Strike!"

- - -

LunarArt1 LunarArt1

Last edited:

Pokemon:

Vuxus:

1576978259903.png

Ability:

Void walk:
If an opposing Pokemon is slower than Vuxus, their accuracy is drastically decreased.

Moves:

Scratch:
(Normal) 1d7.

Match: (Status) Match a targets HP, but lose ability debuff and cancel out all negative effects for the enemy.

- - -

Vuxus was much quicker to react this time, vanishing into the shadows, and slamming into the candle monster from the side.

Upon impact, the candle Pokémon let out a weak cry and dropped to the ground in a crumpled heap.

"Yes! We did it, Vuxus! I knew you cou-"

Before Luka could finish their sentence, the candle creature sprung back to life and grabbed hold of Vuxus.

"Ohuet?! How are they still going strong?!"

Luka was left stunned as Vuxus helplessly squirmed around, trying to escape from their opponent's firm grip.

Eventually, the candle Pokémon went to bite Vuxus, and Luka yelled in desperation.

"No! Vuxus! Get out of there!"

A fire seemed to spark inside of Vuxus as they raised their hind legs and kicked away from the creature, squeezing out of the Pokémon's arms and landing softly.

Luka's eyes lit up brightly when Vuxus escaped. Although the slav only knew the green Pokémon for a short period, Luka could still sense their enthusiasm and felt like a proud roditel.

"Okay, Vuxus! It might not have worked the first time, but everything must come to an end! Use Hidden Strike again and finish this ankle-biting svoloč!"

- - -

LunarArt1 LunarArt1

Last edited:
36Z4O1W.png
o5G5PYT.jpg
pokemon 1,Yuvini
John

John fumbled about and nearly tripped as he saw another candle monster flying backward after a loud thud. " Was that...mach punch or something?", he said under his breath. It was a hidden strike, but he was still a noobie when it came to recognizing the more obscure attacks. In front of him to the right, the origin of the gust of wind and sand that now assaulted him, stood a trainer with its pokemon. It was a fierce little monster, with devilish wings and scars all over it. " Hey you two alright over there"? As he asked this, the authorities were fighting and his peers were duking it out with their own encounters.

nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer

Last edited:

Pokemon:

Vuxus:

1576978259903.png

Ability:

Void walk:

Moves:

Scratch:
(Normal) 1d7.

- - -

Luka watched as Vuxus backed away into the shadows and began circling the candle monster.

The candle creature looked around frantically as Vuxus taunted them, appearing and disappearing before the green Pokémon slammed into their enemy with full force.

"Vot derʹmo!"

Were they just sent flying?!

Luka felt their jaw drop as the candle creature skidded across the beach and smashed into the sand.

Vuxus glared one last time at the strange Pokémon before joining Luka, who was busy coughing and waving away sand particles.

After the dust cloud vanished, Luka sneezed and slipped off their blue parka jacket, shaking out the debris.

"Sheesh, you did a number on that Pokémon, there's sand all inside of my clothes."

Vuxus stared intently at Luka, curiously tilting their head as they waited for their trainer to finish.

Eventually, Luka's gaze drifted downward and met with Vuxus, who was still studying them.

A toothy smile crept its way onto Luka's face as they bent down and patted Vuxus's head.

"You did well, little one. I'm proud of you."

Vuxus nuzzled their head against Luka's hand, causing a warm fuzzy feeling to grow inside of Luka.

"...Is this what having a friend feels like?"

The green Pokémon remained silent throughout the whole ordeal, reminding Luka of an important question.

"Hey, do you make any sound? You've been quiet this whole time."

Before Vuxus could respond, a noise interrupted the duo, causing Luka to frown as they searched for the source.

"Great, it's that kid again.."

Luka muttered under their breath and slipped their jacket back on, shutting off their phone and stuffing it in one of the front pockets.

"Come on, Vuxus. We need to see if that Pokémon fainted anyway."

Vuxus seemed unsure about the situation but obeyed as they protectively followed alongside Luka.

Despite experiencing a thrilling battle only moments before, Luka was completely deadpan as they approached the trainer and stopped a few feet in front of them.

Luka raised a brow upon seeing the trainer's colorful lizard but said nothing and crossed their arms.

Now, what was the question again?

"Ah... That's right. You wanted to know if we were okay, da?"

Although Luka was trying to be polite, they were unaware of how much their rough accent made them seem intimidating.

It also didn't help that Luka was taller than the kid by a couple of inches, and Vuxus was eerily staring at Yuvini.

Luka noted that Vuxus might have been making the two uncomfortable and softly nudged the green Pokémon with their foot.

"Don't mind them."

- - -

still watching fma still watching fma

Last edited:
BH4xVx0.jpg
o5G5PYT.jpg
pokemon 1,Yuvini
John

John looked up at the fella for a moment and paused. He gulped at the expression luka had, which contrasted heavily with their gleeful expression but a moment ago. "oh yea I just was worried---an--d stu--ff", he said quietly while luka began to head off in a different direction. Even the little green pokemon was more like a monster as it glared down yuvini with disdain. "well the authorities are still handling the situation. I just thought it'd be safer to stick together until we can confirm everything is safe". He said this turning to luka, with his own jagged expression.

Jace picked up his pokemon and joined the other two. "Well, things have certainly been eventful, huh." he jokes, trying to help things lighten up. The fights were all starting to die down. "You guys all did well."

A few moments have passed and suddenly a man runs over to the group “Oh good you’re okay...wait you’re the winners! I’m the champion Aaron, those pokemon were meant for you anyways” he chuckled trying to keep the air light “I’m glad you all survived, but we still need to get you to a hospital.” He said and lead the way to a hospital “The ambulance is full so we’ll need to walk, but we can use this time to ask questions since you must have a lot of them....”

Pokemon:

Vuxus:

1576978259903.png

Ability:

Void walk:

Moves:

Scratch:
(Normal) 1d7.

- - -

While Luka waited for the younger male to respond, their eyes wandered over to their former opponent, who had fainted on the sand.

Vuxus watched as Luka casually strolled over to the candle monster and crouched down beside them.

Upon arrival, the slav warily reached out to touch the Pokémon and shook the creature lightly.

The monster wasn't moving, and they were lying on their back with a stunned expression.

It was safe to assume that the creature was knocked unconscious, but Luka wasn't entirely sure as they stood up and stuffed their hands into their front pockets.

What if they were faking it again?

In the back of their mind, Luka could still hear the constant beeping of their low HP Pokémon, and it was making them paranoid.

Luka frowned at the sound before shaking away their thoughts and walking back over to the small group.

"It's not like things can get much worse."

Luka gestured to the blood that was covering them, and the bruises and scrapes that littered their monster companions.

"Well, aside from being dead, I guess."

Although it seemed like Luka wasn't paying attention, they were still within earshot and overheard everything that John said.

Vuxus looked up at Luka questionably but decided to remain calm as another trainer came and joined in on the conversation.

Luka recognized them as one of the passengers from before, but this time they were carrying a strange rat creature with them.

Tilting their head, Luka made an unreadable expression as the newcomer tried to crack a joke.

"..You could put it that way."

Luka appeared to be unimpressed, and Vuxus was observing the interaction with a vacant stare.

. . .

Luka coughed.

The atmosphere was already tense from the outcome of the plane crash, and Luka's lack of empathy wasn't exactly helping.

Thankfully, someone intervened before things could get messy, and the slav relaxed a bit.

Thank god.

The person who intervened seemed to be older, and Luka was uninterested at first until the adult introduced themselves as the regional champion.

..That was unexpected.

A few minutes passed, and Luka was silently following the conversation until a realization hit them.

They never grabbed Vuxus's Poké Ball!

Vuxus looked confused as Luka suddenly sprinted towards their battle location and fell onto their knees.

The green Pokémon left the group and slowly approached their trainer, who was busy digging through the sand and incoherently mumbling to themselves.

"It has to be here somewhere... They all came with one."

Vuxus was growing concerned until Luka hit something circular, grinning as they triumphantly pulled out a red Poké Ball from the sand and held it high above their head.

"I knew it! We almost forgot this, huh, little guy?"

Vuxus absentmindedly stared at Luka, not sharing the same enthusiasm.

"..Vuxus?"

Luka lowered their arms as Vuxus looked away, avoiding their trainer's saddened gaze.

"Vuxus, what's wrong?"

The green Pokémon stole a pitiful glance at Luka before walking off and leaving Luka to themselves.

. . .

Luka dejectedly watched while their new friend walked away, leaving the poor slav heartbroken as they stood up and shoved the Poké Ball into one of their free pockets.

"I thought we were getting along, comrade.."

Luka exhaled and turned to find the other trainers, only to see Vuxus and the group leaving with the champion.

"..Oh."

- - -

still watching fma still watching fma Chocolate-Strawberries Chocolate-Strawberries

Last edited:
36Z4O1W.png
o5G5PYT.jpg

John

John glanced at Luka who in many ways seemed to ignore him. He crossed his arms for a couple of seconds, before looking at Yuvini who was staring at him with a fidgety expression. "hah, so it wasn't just me huh, little guy"? He bent down to scratch the little pokemon's temple when another fellow(jace) join their ranks. " Oh us, yea yuvini was great. He's a tough little guy. By the way, I didn't catch yer---", was all he could say before the supposed champion greeted them. His gaze broke from the boy, to mysterious man who approached from seemingly out of nowhere.

The man was eager, perhaps too eager. He had not even waited for a response before heading in the direction he wanted them to go. " I'm not going anywhere until I can see the officers involved are also fine. I heard a lot of hoop and hollering all around us as we fought, but didn't get a chance to see them myself".

LunarArt1 LunarArt1 nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer Chocolate-Strawberries Chocolate-Strawberries

The champion stoped and turned to John “Don’t worry the situation is worked out, those pokemon appear often whenever an accident appear since they like easy meals....” he trailed off at the gruesome thought, but quickly shook it off. “We need to get all of you to the hospital, where my brand new apprentice is waiting for us.” He stated as he lead the way to the hospital, stopping if they didn’t follow

36Z4O1W.png
o5G5PYT.jpg

John

John looked down at his new pal who was scuffed and battered all over, as dried up blood which ran down Yuvini's body showed the extend of his grisy scars. He patted the whimpering pokemon and looked back to alleged champion. " Alright, I'll trust you for yuvini's sake", but despite saying this, he was always a few paces behind the man. John was tense and ready to run with yuvini in tow if he had to.

Jace followed next to John, whose tense energy put him on edge. He hadn't seen any reason to be distrustful of the champion, but seeing the other boy uncertain made him question his assumptions of the champion.

They arrived quickly at the hospital in which a nurse rushed them all to med beds and treated them and their pokemon. Your Pokémon’s hp has been restored “Thank god we made it, I was worried that you all weren’t as okay as you looked” the champion admitted with a sigh that let them know that he was relieved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back