• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Mekashaph (MxF witch escapes to present)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Mekashaph - no known translation, but is the word used in the Bible for witch. As in, “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.” Truth is, there have been several translations for the word.

Witchcraft: Eight Myths and Misconceptions
Witch trials in the early modern period - Wikipedia
The period of the European witch trials, with the largest number of fatalities, seems to have occurred between 1560 and 1630.
Witch trials in early modern Scotland - Wikipedia
In Scotland, convicted witches were usually strangled at the stake before having their bodies burned, although there are instances where they were burned alive.

Your character will be a witch sentenced to death, who somehow finds herself spirited away to the Present Day. I am going to ask that you do a little research on your origins. The manner in which a witch was put to death varied by country. (In English speaking countries witches were not burned, but rather hanged. Dates will be important as even English will have completely changed by Modern times. Yes, you will need to specify what language you spoke in your time. (I have researched the evolution of a few languages. I am a former linguist.)

In general, your character should be highly intelligent with an excellent memory. I am NOT looking for Bewitched or any sort of arch mage, but her magic will be very real. Modern Wicca should offer some good ideas.

When she arrives she likely won’t be able to understand modern English very well. She will have never seen a lightbulb, cellphone, or TV. She might have never even seen a mirror. To her the word internet will just sound like some strange sort of net, unlike those used to catch a fish.

My character is going to be an intelligent young man who will only see a young woman in need. How he responds will depend on her condition of course. If she was from a place where burning was the punishment, she may have burns and in need of a hospital.

We will both need a CS. A simple one will do. Image, general description, and last moments in the past in the case of the witch. In my case, the CS will be more developed. I am looking for a literate writing partner able to compose posts of 3 paragraphs to a page+. But mainly I am looking for someone who can contribute to the story.

Plot
This still needs a little work. Otherwise it is basically a Slice of Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back