Megalopolis

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[class name=root] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; [/class] [class name=header] width: 100%; height: 225px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/the-city-of-megalopolis.519/full'); background-size: cover; background-position: top 20% center; position: relative; [/class] [class name=title] font-family: 'Gugi'; font-size: 40px; color: white; height: auto; width: auto; max-width: calc( 100% - 20px); display: inline-block; position: absolute; bottom: 0; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0 40px 0px 10px; background-color: rgba(151, 160, 171, 0.8); clip-path: polygon(0 0, calc(100% - 40px) 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%); -webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, calc(100% - 40px) 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%); [/class] [class name=title minWidth=600px] padding-left: 40px; [/class] [class name=border] width: 100%; height: 15px; position: absolute; bottom: 0; background-color: #a4544c; [/class] [class name=border2] width: 100%; height: 15px; background-color: #17191f; [/class] [class name=content] width: 100%; height: auto; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 40px; padding-top: 20px; background-color:#313131; color: #dedfe2; font-family: 'Open Sans'; [/class] [div class=root] [div class=header] [div class=border][/div] [div class=title][div class=push][/div] Welcome to Megalopolis [/div] [/div] [div class=border2][/div] [div class=content]
full
Good morning Megalopolis it's time to rise and shine! because today the sun is out, the birds are chirping and the grass is dry. The forecast today is Sunny with no chance of rain, so get out your swimsuits and BBQ grills, and let's all go enjoy this beautiful day. I for one will be at Megalopolis beach enjoying our beautiful weather. The forecast for the week will be similar and always this is your lovely Gale Heathers signing off.
Gale Heathers, Megalopolis News Channel 8

Megalopolis is a game about the everyday lives of the people within, their drama, romance, adventures, hardships, victories, and defeats. The everyday lives of people with Metahuman abilities. The roleplay will be set in the year 20XX and the city will be a coastal city analog for big metro cities like New York or Seatle. It will be a similar situation to akin to a comic book world whereas in the outside of the city can be mentioned or characters can even from said locations but the game is focused here and the city will be in a vague state in America. The highest authority is the Mayor and the city council and any outside powers like the Governor or worse, the Feds would be a bad scenario. You as players will be working with me to craft characters that will live and interact with the many people and problems of Megalopolis as you breathe life into the story. For the purposes of plot and storytelling, players will be separated into several factions (so far I have Police, Syndicate (crime families), University, and a few others). The ability to interact with different factions and the such as a whole exists, and players will be allowed to create their own after the game starts. Your actions and that of NPCs will determine the "tone" of the city using a system I have created that will make the city more positive and friendly to metahumans or turn darker, unfriendly and overall lethal to them. Your actions will matter in this our wonderful city.

Note: Megalopolis is not a spandex and capes superhero RP though that isn't to say that some won't dress up and try anyway and some do certainly exist. It's more in the vein of Watchmen, the X-Men TV series and the Infamous video games. Metahumans are a part of society, a possibly feared, not quite accepted, certainly not as equal, part of society. There aren't many high-profile openly Metahumans and the ones that are in the public eye have a lot of backing and pull to insulate themselves from bad situations. For the average Joe-on-the-street Meta, it's a different story. You try to live your life as best you can, using your abilities carefully, whether for good or ill.

If you are interested please post below, I'm still crafting the roleplay and all the threads and info I'll need to start, so it will still be a tiny bit before we start. [/div] [/div]

Last edited:
On one hand I'm in a bunch of RPs already...
On the other hand, this RP is by the dark wizard...

I guess I'll start with a few questions, and depending on the answers, state a maybe interest

-->Are there any post requirements?
-->Are there any restrictions regarding what kinds of characters can be played?
-->What faceclaim types (photos, realistic art, anime, ...) are allowed?
-->Do you have any explanation for how the metahuman powers work, specifically where they come from?
-->Do you plan on having a defined number of player slots and if so, what are the logistics around that?

Take as much time as you need to answer these questions of course.

On one hand I'm in a bunch of RPs already...
On the other hand, this RP is by the dark wizard...

<3

-->Are there any post requirements?

Maybe a paragraph but it will be what you can. I won't be overly mean about it, but will definitely help and encourage people who I think can do better :).

-->Are there any restrictions regarding what kinds of characters can be played?

Yes, no omniscient powers, super crafters, mind control and that sort of thing. There are a few more but that will go up when the rules are up, I'll have definitions of what isn't allowed. Powers will get feedback from me and they will be crafted by writing and selecting in detail a Theme which encompasses your character. Under your theme, you'll have a limited number of bullet points, which will mechanically be how your power works. As major story points and character development happens, bullet points can be acquired or even edited to showcase character evolution and or getting stronger.

Metahuman Theme: Describe your ability in the greatest detail possible here. The way it actually works in the roleplay will be handled by the three points below. Throughout the roleplay, as characters grow and change and major story points are achieved, you may be allowed to add more points or alter existing ones to showcase evolution or getting stronger.

• Mechanic one
  • Mechanic two
  • Mechanic three
So as an example:

Metahuman Theme: Aaron's abilities could be described as simple but that has not detracted from how lethal he actually is as part of the Syndicate's enforcer crew. Aaron by all intents and purposes is a fire metahuman and yet unlike others, he doesn't seem to have a limit.

• Aaron has the ability to generate concentrated fire which he can't manipulate once he releases it.
  • Aaron is immune to fire.
  • Blahblah
This was just a really poor quick example I put up about a character that is called Aaron and is a fire user and in the syndicate, but I didn't want to spoil his sheet just yet.
-->What faceclaim types (photos, realistic art, anime, ...) are allowed?

I tend to encourage drawn art but I'm not opposed to anime or photos.

-->Do you plan on having a defined number of player slots and if so, what are the logistics around that?

Yes, I'm particularly fond of running semi large games, but I won't let Megalopolis get out of control. I will be doing a few factions as the story dictates and limited each one to a handful of players. The exact number at this point in time I cannot say as I will be altering my final threads and what is going on based on what we ultimately get.

Last edited:
If you caught my post before I fixed it, feel free to refresh Idea Idea , the second half of it got consumed by a broken spoiler tag.

Anyway, I hope my answers were okay?

It is 3:57 am and I'm a little out of it C:
Yeah, some of them were not my ideal, but one can't have everything their way all the time XD More to think about I guess. There was however, one question you missed (which i'm not sure why you didn't answer, if you forgot or didn't want to or didn't understand it), about where the powers come from, like what their origin is. I'm mainly asking because I have a few possibilities in mind, but I don't know what kind of powers work within the lore of the metahuman powers in this universe. Does that make sense?

Yeah, some of them were not my ideal, but one can't have everything their way all the time XD More to think about I guess. There was however, one question you missed (which i'm not sure why you didn't answer, if you forgot or didn't want to or didn't understand it), about where the powers come from, like what their origin is. I'm mainly asking because I have a few possibilities in mind, but I don't know what kind of powers work within the lore of the metahuman powers in this universe. Does that make sense?

Whoops.

It is genetic and Metahumans having children does not guarantee that the child will be a metahuman but it helps. If you meant like if there is a source or something, like an event that caused it, I can't tell you that. Though I will say that plain humans exist and are large in numbers.

What was not ideal?

Whoops.

It is genetic and Metahumans having children does not guarantee that the child will be a metahuman but it helps. If you meant like if there is a source or something, like an event that caused it, I can't tell you that. Though I will say that plain humans exist and are large in numbers.

What was not ideal?
Hmm... I see. Would you mind if I PMed you an idea I had later? Since the powers are genetic I'm not sure if it would work.

Well an Uber detailed roleplayer like me likes bigger post requirements, and while you allow anime pics , you also allow photos which I'm really not fond of looking at in CSs. Not that there is anything wrong with either of your choices, they are just not my preferential ones in a roleplay, so no need to worry there :)

Hmm... I see. Would you mind if I PMed you an idea I had later? Since the powers are genetic I'm not sure if it would work.

Well an Uber detailed roleplayer like me likes bigger post requirements, and while you allow anime pics , you also allow photos which I'm really not fond of looking at in CSs. Not that there is anything wrong with either of your choices, they are just not my preferential ones in a roleplay, so no need to worry there :)

Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by photos? I thought you meant pictures as in drawn :P.

I typically don't like anime pictures as I said and will usually encourage art. I didn't post it in the previous post but I won't be allowing face claims. I myself tend to post in several paragraphs but I can decrease or increase as needed. I'll make sure you have partners in the rp that can match or atleast my self. I'm a very detail oriented roleplayer

Sure go ahead and PM me I'll be awake a bit longer.

Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by photos? I thought you meant pictures as in drawn :P.

I typically don't like anime pictures as I said and will usually encourage art. I didn't post it in the previous post but I won't be allowing face claims. I myself tend to post in several paragraphs but I can decrease or increase as needed. I'll make sure you have partners in the rp that can match or atleast my self. I'm a very detail oriented roleplayer

Sure go ahead and PM me I'll be awake a bit longer.
Wait I'm confused, you won't be allowing face claims? Does that mean all images for characters in CSs are forbidden or am I misunderstanding what you meant?

Wait I'm confused, you won't be allowing face claims? Does that mean all images for characters in CSs are forbidden or am I misunderstanding what you meant?
I believe Wizard is referring to the action of taking real people's faces from various media outlets, and using that to personify your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back