• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mediums || Lounge

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is where the writers behind the cast of Mediums can chat about the story or whatever else they wish.*

*Excessive idiocy and degeneracy will be pointed out and laughed at but otherwise not be discouraged in any way.

I'm trying to keep a light, almost naive writing perspective for Basil. Also, since introductions will be starting soon, Basil's name is TOTALLY ROASTABLE. He's been teased all his life about it, and he knows just as much as everyone else how ridiculous it is.

I have to say, sadly, I might not be very active even though I was looking forward to this. My family is going through some rather dangerous situations, and I doubt I'll even be able to stay at our own house much longer until this all blows over.

I have to say, sadly, I might not be very active even though I was looking forward to this. My family is going through some rather dangerous situations, and I doubt I'll even be able to stay at our own house much longer until this all blows over.
Always put real life before online anything. You do whatever you have to to stay safe and well.

And if later down the road things have calmed down and you feel you want to rejoin this, don't hesitate to message me.

I like the small characterization Matathius got while picking all of your characters up. I especially like Francesca's mention of motion sickness. I'll keep that in mind if he has to spirit her away to elsewhere in the future.

I like the small characterization Matathius got while picking all of your characters up. I especially like Francesca's mention of motion sickness. I'll keep that in mind if he has to spirit her away to elsewhere in the future.

Eh? Matathius was the one that picked everyone up? I thought everyone was making up their own npcs =P

Eh? Matathius was the one that picked everyone up? I thought everyone was making up their own npcs =P
I figured as much. You think this school could afford to send 20 people all across the continent just to pick up a bunch of freshman? Talk about a waste of resources. Much easier to send one guy.

I figured as much. You think this school could afford to send 20 people all across the continent just to pick up a bunch of freshman? Talk about a waste of resources. Much easier to send one guy.

Makes sense. Good thing I avoided writing about the pickup then.

So long as no one had him actually answer their questions, just about anything is fine with him. His goal is simply to get them to agree to come with him. Any discrepancy in his character is easily explained by him saying whatever he needs to to convince them.

Sorry if my post was too long; I got a little carried away. I swear they'll get shorter once Jacob starts actually interacting with people.

Also, yes I uh totally knew that was Matathius. I was not thinking he was like the school's magic chauffeur.

Sorry if my post was too long; I got a little carried away. I swear they'll get shorter once Jacob starts actually interacting with people.

Also, yes I uh totally knew that was Matathius. I was not thinking he was like the school's magic chauffeur.
Not knowing who he is is the point. And don't apologize for writing too much, I certainly wont. The time it took you to type that post gave me time to create characters to fill out the rest of the class of 21 students (though I ended up making a bit more than that, always useful to have some extras lying around). To anyone worried about their summon not being "strong" enough, there is a character in this class whose summon is a snail. The medium? Chocolate. They have a chocolate snail. If you manage to out-useless that thing in a fight I will be incredibly impressed.

Note: Until we do actually get to the whole summoning scenes (it'll be a while), you are free to request to change your character's medium and summon's form as much as you wish. But once the medium / form is set IC that's what it is.

I decided to hold the scene, hopefully give time for one or two more people to get characters in before I close it.

Psyche Psyche Did you want Skylar to sit anywhere in particular?

There's an open spot with Sadako or one with Jacob and the oh-so-friendly Michael, or there's the other two sheets that just have open spots and NPCs so far.

Is that all the characters? I'm really asking if I'm good to start working on another post.
So long as I don't have to call you out on spamming (which I don't foresee being a huge problem here) you're free to post whenever you want.

Let's see... there's 8 player student characters, nine if we add hosaki, and 7 NPC students so far. Looks like I'll have to drop in 5 more to have a full class of 21. So depending on what you mean by "all the characters" probably not.

My next post (unless someone posts something I feel the need to respond to IC), will be exposition dump and tour time. Oh god... that's gonna be a biggin.

Make sure to do whatever you want IC before the scene change.

10 and 11 have been added to Lost Pages. Poor Paul, can't hold his fruity pink liqueur.

70% done with the full tour post. My god it just keeps growing. I'm done with most of the main building, just one more basement level to show off and the tower.

I'm going to try out a different kind of interactivity with major exposition-dump posts here, just to see how it goes to possibly use it again in the future. Basically it's how I was thinking of handling lectures. I throw down a large post full of info, and you post questions you want your character to ask, as well as when you want them to ask it, here in the OOC. I then update the main post to reflect your character asking their question. Since the beginning and end points of the main post are unchanged, people can continue to post after that point while questions are added. Hopefully it works, if not oh well.

hosaki hosaki
You want to get a first post up before postageddon hits?

The BIG tour postageddon is done. Once I toss it up you are free to continue on from it, but you can also post any questions your character would have wanted to ask at any point during the tour. Simply post the question, with as much context and whatever else you want, in the OOC, and I'll interject it into the apostalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back