• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mediums || Character Vault

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Today something a bit unusual arrived with the mail: an envelope sealed with wax, a star symbol stamped into the wax. On the front of the envelope was just your name written in red ink, nothing else. You open the envelope to find a short letter.

Dear [MR./MS. NAME],

It is with the personal recommendation of the president of Salomonis Regis University that you have been invited to attend our university beginning in the upcoming Fall semester. Matters of cost as pertains to tuition, housing, and dining will be fully covered by the university should you choose to accept. All that is required of you is your willingness to attend our university. If you choose to accept, all you have to do is fill out the information asked on the latter half of this sheet, then tear that section off and dispose of it by burning. Any other actions will be taken as you choosing to decline this invitation.
I hope to meet you in person soon.

Sincerely,
Paul Marrane
Provost, Salomonis Regis University

Name: full legal name
Age: this will be a college setting, so ~18, but situations vary
Blood Type:
Day of Birth: if you feel like putting year, the story begins in Fall 2018
Time of Birth (if known): either the actual time or general time of day is fine, or if your character doesn't know this off the top of their head
Location of Birth (city is fine):
Number of Siblings:
Current Location (city is fine):

Most beloved memory:

Most valuable possession:

Most painful memory:

Describe your most interesting dream:

What do you do in your free time?

What is your goal?

Are you religious?

What does the word magic mean to you?

Medium: what material will give your summon its body?
Shape of Summon: decide on the creature it will appear as

fire3.gif
OOC If you wish to submit a character for this RP, please do so in the form an in-character post of them receiving their invitation, filling it out, and accepting. Note that the red content of the form would not actually be there, but it is necessary for me to help you with making your character. If you wish to include an image of your character in the post you may do so, but I still expect a decent description within the post.
I look forward to RPing with you.

Sincerely,
OverconfidentMagi
Author and Supreme Overlord, Salomonis Regis University

Code:
[Print=parchment][FONT=Eagle Lake]Name:[/FONT] full legal name
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Age:[/FONT] this will be a college setting, so ~18, but situations vary
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Blood Type:[/FONT] 
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Day of Birth:[/FONT] if you feel like putting year, the story begins in Fall 2018
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Time of Birth (if known):[/FONT] either the actual time or general time of day is fine, or if your character doesn't know this off the top of their head
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Location of Birth (city is fine):[/FONT] 
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Number of Siblings:[/FONT] 
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Current Location (city is fine):[/FONT] 

[FONT=Eagle Lake]Most beloved memory:[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]Most valuable possession:[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]Most painful memory:[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]Describe your most interesting dream:[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]What do you do in your free time?[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]What is your goal?[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]Are you religious?[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]What does the word magic mean to you?[/FONT]

[FONT=Eagle Lake]Medium:[/FONT] what material will give your summon its body?
[FONT=Eagle Lake]Shape of Summon:[/FONT] decide on the creature it will appear as

[/Print]

Last edited:
09e9140b725b463543fb62bfe624baf0.jpg
She tossed the mail on table for someone else to have to go through later, but one envelope stayed firmly grasped between her fingers. Her eyes, that yellow-green color of the sun being seen through leaves, glared at the letter. There was no indication of who it was from. The only writing on the front of the letter was her own name, Isabella Thompson, written in red ink. No return address, not even the address of the place it had ended up, and it should go without saying there was no stamp. Obviously this hadn't come with the rest of the mail. Someone had to have put it in the mailbox themselves. Isabella was already suspicious of the letter before she'd even bothered to open it.

She turned over the letter and her scowl only deepened. Instead of the usual lick-and-stick of a normal envelope, this stupid letter was sealed with wax. Like a legit from-the-king stamped wax seal. The design looked like a star, but the minor details were lost to her. On the way to her room she grabbed a knife to pop off the seal. But before she did she made sure to take a picture. It did look pretty cool after all.

She read the short letter addressed to her. "Salomonis Regis University," she said to herself. "Never heard of it." She knew for certain that she hadn't applied to any college with that name. Besides he'd already been turned down from just about every one she had. The whole letter was obviously fake. One of her "friends" from high school playing a joke on her no doubt. Ignoring the mere fact that it suggested a full-ride, something she clearly would never receive, it just read so unprofessional. Like, why would it imply that she president of some school even knew who she was? Was he some sort of stalker? Was this some ploy to lure girls into vans? It was all too sketchy. She took a picture of the letter, in case this ended up being a cop kind of problem.

But... it wasn't like she had to respond to the letter. The thing didn't even give her a way to respond if she'd wanted to. "If you choose to accept, all you have to do is fill out the information asked on the latter half of this sheet, then tear that section off and dispose of it by burning." She read the strangest part of the letter again. How would the person pranking her know whether or not she burned the paper? What sort of game were they playing?

"Name," she read aloud. Then with a sigh that said 'really, you're gonna bother with this?' she pulled out a pencil and started filling out the form. She had a habit of reading things out loud, and it was even worse when she was writing, but she didn't say her name out loud. For some reason it just felt weird for her to say her own name. She never really understood why, probably never would.

"Age, Eighteen. Blood type?" Why would blood type matter? She filled it out anyway. "O negative." That was supposed to be kind of rare, but given her combination of fiery red hair and green eyes it wasn't unexpected. Something about it being common in people with those combinations of traits. At least that's what her doctor had said a few years back. "D O B, December twenty-second. Time of birth?" She knew this one, but it really wasn't something that mattered, at least she thought. "Eleven thirty-seven PM. Location of..." What sort of questions were these? Isabella's eyes scanned ahead. Seriously, these questions made no sense at all. It felt more like a psych exam than anything else.

Well, she'd decided to fill it out honestly. She'd just have to make sure no one actually got to read it afterwards. The suggestion to burn it might not be the worst idea. She filled out the city she was born in, London, but knowing how often she'd had to clarify that no she wasn't British, she added Ontario, and then added Canada too just to make extra sure. Sure of what though? No one besides herself would see this. Two siblings, a little sister and brother. Current location? She assumed that meant where she currently lived, but the way it was asked made her wonder. As before, she put down the city and then expanded to be more specific.

The rest of the questions were all in short answer format. Most beloved memory? She thought of the usual sappy family stuff first, but that wasn't it. Family was too obvious, and she had more than enough annoying memories to keep her from forgetting them. But friends... Isabella wasn't good with strangers, and as a result hadn't made friends very easily. In high school though there was a group of people who'd gone out of their way to include her. Yeah, that was probably what she valued most. Most valuable possession was easy. Most painful memory? She had to think about that one for a while. What she ended up writing down wasn't particularly painful, it was just scary. Did that count? She wrote as much. The question that asked about dreams was another easy one. There was only one time she'd woken up and immediately gotten out a piece of paper to write down the dream because she didn't want to forget it. If she'd ever had a better dream than that one, she'd forgotten so completely.

It was probably the most simple question that gave her the most trouble. "What do you do in your free time?" Taking pictures was the obvious answer, but she felt she needed to put more. Not that there was much more. Oh, she sometimes listened to music while thinking of what to take pictures of. That'd work. The next question made her groan out loud. Trying to get into the colleges she'd applied to, she'd had to lie and make up all sorts of grand goals for herself. Each one complete bullshit of course. She had no clue what her goals were. All she really wanted to do was take pictures, so that's what she put down. It wasn't like anyone would read this anyway. "Religious? Nope." She started to write no but remembered that one dream and smiled. "Well, maybe." By the time she'd gotten to the last question, these strange questions had put her in a strange mood. She fell back to stretch out across her bed, her hair flaring out into orange tentacles across the sheets. "What is magic to me?" Not looking at the paper, that was how she interpreted the last question. She looked at her camera sitting on the desk. Something she could see but the camera could never capture. That would have to be called magic. She sat up and shook her hear. Maybe she'd have to go back to that religion question, she was starting to think about confusing things.

Name: Isabella Aurora Thompson
Blood Type: O-
Day of Birth: Dec 22
Time of Birth (if known): 11:37 PM
Location of Birth (city is fine): London, Ontario Canada
Number of Siblings: 2, both younger
Current Location (city is fine): Montpelier, Vermont USA

Most beloved memory: Last Summer I went white water rafting with some friends. It was fun.

Most valuable possession: My camera.

Most painful memory: On Halloween a few years ago I took my sister trick-or-treating. When I wasn't paying attention she disappeared. She was fine, but while I was running all over looking for her I kept imagining everything terrible that could have happened. Maybe not painful as much as scary. I really thought something bad had happened to her.

Describe your most interesting dream: I'm standing on the top of a hill, maybe a mountain. There's a whole bunch of stuff below me, and I'm taking pictures of all of it. The whole time I can feel something really warm on my back, like sitting in the sunlight. And I can feel it behind me, but I don't know what it is, just that it feels really good. But I can't turn to look at it. It's like if I turned the dream would end, so I keep taking pictures of the stuff below. And then I get the idea to to take a picture of what's behind me, but when I look at the picture I took I wake up.
What do you do in your free time? Take pictures. Sometimes I listen to music. Not much.

What is your goal? To be a professional photographer. Or just get any job and take pictures as a hobby. Not much of a goal really.

Are you religious? Not really, maybe. I don't really know.

What does the word magic mean to you? Something that can't be shown in a picture, something no combination of words can accurately describe, that you can only really understand in the moment that it happens to you. That's what I'd call magic.

. Isabella Thompson .Signature

"What a waste of time," she said after filling out the entire form. And that didn't stop her from grabbing a lighter from the kitchen to burn it just how the letter said. What it failed to mention was how the instant she touched the flame to the corner of the paper the whole thing would combust in a fiery flash. She let out a yelp and dropped the paper, but it had burned away to nothing before it got to touch the floor. There wasn't even any ashes, the whole thing had just disappeared in that fiery instant. Isabella didn't mention the letter to her parents. Just thinking about it at all put her that weird mood again. It'd be better to just forget the whole thing.

Last edited:
c07sak.png
A girl with short snow white hair stepped out of her apartment. It was 4 PM roughly the time mail would arrive. She made the lengthy walk going down 4 flights of stairs to reach ground level and then walked to the commutative mailbox area that was fairly far away from her apartment. She pulled her key chain out of the pocket of her sweat pants and opened the 3rd door from the left at the top of the long line of small brown doors. Her door was marked 12B and had a series of small letters, about 2 ads for colleges, a few more miscellaneous ads, and one letter marked with a hefty red seal.

She made the long walk back to her apartment throwing away the advertisements into a trashcan by the sidewalk. When she reached the inside of her apartment she threw off her slippers and laid down on her couch. Her pale blue eyes stared at the red seal. She reached over and grabbed a letter opener in the shape of a dagger and slit the letter open. She started skimming over the top message.

"Another university asking for me."

She sighed. The tuition was paid for so she wouldn't need to take anymore money from her mothers life insurance. This aspect greatly interested her. The application process was rather strange but it was worth a shot, the only thing it would cost is time. First, name, the easiest part. Blood type made sense if she got injured. Time of birth was an odd question, but a number of the questions were. It started asking for memories, a rough thing to think about. She had done psyche evaluations before, this was nothing like them, more ambiguous questions that stuff that would actual tell of the psyche.

Magic it asked about, what a dumb question she thought. Magic didn't exist, that was common sense. Though she supposed it did only ask for what the word magic meant. She was a very rational person, fantastical things were distractions not facts to be taken to heart.

She grabbed the paper and ripped it as instructed and went into her kitchen to grab a match. She placed the paper above the sink, lit a match, and burned away. It shocked her for a moment just how fast the paper burned, but she knew of other paper like that so the surprise didn't last long.

Name: Francesca Valentina Lockhart
Blood Type: B+
Day of Birth: April 8th
Time of Birth (if known): Morning
Location of Birth (city is fine): Lincoln, Nebraska United States
Number of Siblings: None
Current Location (city is fine): Denver, Colorado United States

Most beloved memory: Being raised by my mother. While all moments with my mother were beloved, I greatly enjoyed when she read me stories each night.

Most valuable possession: My collection of books. My favorite of the collection is Liber Kaos a occult book that looks at magic as quantum physics.

Most painful memory: When my mother died, thinking about it hurts, and fills me with rage towards my father.

Describe your most interesting dream: It was a purple surroundings with black mountains in the distance. A reaper stood before me wielding a scythe. It chopped me in half, and then the scene of my being chopped repeated from different 3rd person vantage points.

What do you do in your free time: Read. Usually fiction or occult. Things that can distract me from my hardships. However, it is important to remember that they are only a distraction, not fact.

What is your goal: Currently no goal. Survival.

Are you religious: No. Religion is for fools who can't face truth.

What does the word magic mean to you: Fantasies of those who wish for a better place in life.

Medium: Quartz

Shape of Summon: Three Horned Rhinoceros Beetle

Francesca Lockhart
Signature

"We are SO proud of you kiddo!"
8fbad55eeee2099fddcd0cf22b3d38f9 (2).png
Basil was jostled about between three large figures, all trying to ruffle his hair and slap him on his back.
"Guys, I'm telling you I haven't even read it all yet!" Basil tried to protest at the group laughing and hugging him, but it wasn't very convincing with his smile hung on his face. Basil was a rather average kid, especially in high school. Or rather, he was a bit less than average where it mattered grade wise and he never had much time for extra curricular activities.
"It doesn't matter! A full ride? You have to go, no matter what! Mom and dad would have wanted you to!" The largest of the group, Basil's brother Clover, shouted, with both of his hands on Basil's shoulders. "Besides, with the shop how it is we couldn't afford to send you to college, so this is perfect! You have a chance to do better than all of us, Basil. Now, go upstairs and fill out whatever you need to fill out and we'll handle the customers down here. Consider this your day off!"
With his other siblings practically shoving him up the stairs, Basil had no choice but to comply happily. As he made his way to his room down the hallway, he looked down over his family's pride and joy: The Spiced Cafe. Basil's parents started this place up in a small town, and brought four children into this world in which they all lived together upstairs in the shop. When his parents died in a car crash shortly after Basil, the youngest, was born, Clover stepped up and took over the cafe and supported the three younger siblings.

Basil plopped down onto his bed of his room shared with his older sister, the second youngest, Hazel. The two got along pretty well, and while she was more of the creative barista of the family, Hazel still preferred to spend her time outside advertising and getting customers to stop by for a drink.
As Basil looked over the now fully opened letter, his smile quickly washed away with panic. Was this some kind of joke? Burn the letter as a form of acceptance? Sweat started to run down his brow as Basil crouched over the letter, his anxiety running rampant.
"If everyone finds out that the only way I was able to go to college was just a prank they'll be so disappointed! They wouldn't even want to look me in the eye because of this!" Even while saying it, Basil knew that wasn't true. They all loved him deeply, but still! His pride was at stake here!

With a deep sigh, he grabbed a pen and starting to write quickly. "Anything is worth a shot I guess..."

Within a few moments, he dropped the pen with a sigh as he leaned back on his bed. Magic? Seriously? This was obviously just a prank from some kids at school. Regardless, Basil still rummaged through a drawer before finding a lighter which he clicked open with a small flick of his thumb. Closing his eyes, he moved the paper closer to the fire until...
"OH CRISP!" Basil flung his hand with the lighter away while he wrung his other back and forth quickly. Maybe doing this with his eyes closed was not the best idea, Basil thought. Even so, there were no ashes to be found on the floor, and the paper was no more.

Name: Basil Hibiscus

Blood Type:
A negative

Day of Birth:
May 5th, 2000

Time of Birth:
Midnight?

Location of Birth:
Sausalito, California

Number of Siblings:
3: My oldest brother Clover, oldest sister Juniper, and my older sister Hazel

Current Location:
The Spiced Cafe in Sausalito

Most beloved memory:
I guess the first time I ever brewed my first cup of coffee. I ended up burning half of it, and I made my sister Hazel gag from the smell but my brother Clover downed the whole thing and told me it was delicious. It meant a lot to me at the time.

My satchel. My family all chipped and bought it for me when I told them some kids tore mine, so I keep this one really close. I usually hang it up behind the counter at the shop, so it always smells like home.

Most painful memory:
When I was 12, my grandpa passed. Before Clover learned how to run a business, gramps was the one who took care of things and helped raise us. He would always teach me about different kinds of plants you can cook and use as aromas for coffee and tea blends.

One time, I dreamt everything in my life was exactly the same except we ran a bookstore instead of a coffee shop. That would be really weird if we did.

I really like researching different blends of tea and coffee. Especially the chemistry of it! I guess I also do a lot of sketching too when I'm bored.

What is your goal?
I want to be someone my family can be proud of.

Are you religious?
Not really? I think?

It's what I want people to describe my family's drinks. Something amazing and unreal.

Medium:
Chalk
Shape of Summon:
Cat

Signature

Basil Hibiscus

Webp.net-resizeimage.pngThe short blonde brushed her hair to one side with the swift motion of one of her hands. She had just got back from grocery shopping for her family, which she still lived with, and she was now pounding on the wooden door to be let in by her younger brother. Honestly, he wasn't even much younger. They only had a two year distance between them, but the attitudes were vastly different. Essie held a job. She worked everyday to help her parents in their financial rut. Her brother on the other hand? He didn't even bother to set the table for meals. It was frustrating to the point of a nagging stress that pulled at the edge of her mind. There wasn't much she could do about it, yet she tried, failed, then tried again sometimes. Honestly she gave some things up though, because, well... surprisingly even with the fact of her being older on her side, she still couldn't overpower him at all in fights. Luckily they weren't full fledged fights. At that point she might as well be dead.

"Noah, open the door!"
For around a minute there was silence, but the sound of the lock being turned shattered it soon enough. Her brother peered through the door, looking down at her with nappy hair and a sleepy expression. It took a moment of processing before he opened it completely.
"You didn't have the key?"
"No, mom has it, she took it with her to work this time."
"Ah... Okay, whatever. By the way, this thing came to you in the mail." He halfway shrugged, jabbing an already unsealed envelope toward her. "You sign up for some stupid wizard roleplay online or something? What kind of weird crap are you into now?"
Well, her brother wasn't wrong, whatever it was indeed had her name on it. Literally speaking. She gently took the letter from him, looking over it.
"I have no idea what this is." Essie's cocoa brown eyes gave it a few curious glances. "I'll go look at it, can you unpack some of the groceries for me?"
"Why don't you do it?"
"I bought you some soda and chips that you can have if you do."
The last statement got his attention somewhat more. "Fine." He started to make his way outside the house and towards the car.

That gave her the chance to hide away in her room and examine the special letter she had gotten in the mail. Apparently. It looked interesting enough with the seal it had and all, including the way it was written. She tried to search the name on the letter and the university before she did anything with it. Long story short she didn't find anything. She giggled to herself nonetheless, she always had liked to read fantasy stories though, even if she didn't believe in any of it in the slightest. Scribbling down answer in her messy handwriting she had details for some of the answers, and hardly any for most of the other ones. "This is just a hoax, but it's an interesting one," she sighed, signing her name at the end. "Now for the finishing touch..." She rummaged through a drawer at her desk for a lighter. She always had one to burn the loose ends off of fabrics in case need be, or to light scented candles. Holding the letter over the flame, she jerked her hand back away in shock as it was devoured in the ravenous fire. "Fancy."

Her expression betrayed a tad amount of loss. Now that that whole ordeal was over, what now? A shout from downstairs called her out of it. Well, if she were to guess, she could start with putting away the food.

Name: Essie Madalyn Amherst
Blood Type: O-Positive
Day of Birth: October 15th
Time of Birth (if known): 11:30pm
Location of Birth (city is fine): Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Number of Siblings: One
Current Location (city is fine): Atlanta, Georgia

Most beloved memory: My most beloved memory was when I was younger, I was able to experience a vacation with everyone in my family there together. It was a one time thing. We haven't had the funds to go on another one since.

Most valuable possession: A teddy bear I had bought for myself on one of my birthdays.

Most painful memory: I watched one of my close friends get hit out in traffic on a busy freeway. We had been friends since we were young. They died only two years ago.

Describe your most interesting dream: It was a night terror, yet I always though it was interesting because how closely it reminded me of a movie. Everything around me had appeared apocalyptic, the highway I was running on crumbled and broken, resembling the tall buildings in a city not far away. Cars were abandoned and destroyed everywhere. There had been a hulking humanoid following after me, dragging a large axe in one hand, and it's face looked distorted and partially covered. Scars covered its body. In the end of it though, I had tripped on debris and he had caught up as I had tried to crawl away. I awoke after he lifted and then swung his axe into the top of my skull.

What do you do in your free time? Write, swim, or do acrobatics.

What is your goal? To live moderately well, and happily with whoever makes me happiest in life.

Are you religious? Not at all.

What does the word magic mean to you? Deception, a trick of the eyes.

Medium: Zinc.
Shape of Summon: A small bear cub.

Essie Madalyn Amherst
Signature

DVXa5-QMDKvSMr5_ekcwAnrObqTTfX_it2pluHlrYnJL7qEXKyZmwOPAD6xfRnHT6qCo-w393NSoxf9Gv5_Ckqzz3N0H75A6qSjPh3p7ZovNhDFQz8pasJEa-8fTzGdxh4qwXTo-
A young man pulled into the driveway of a pretty average suburban home in his beat up sedan. He exited the car and ran his hands through his soot black hair which served as a stark contrast to his pale skin and only emphasized the bags under his eyes. His sigh filled the evening air with fog. It had been a long day of paperwork and interviews. Now that he’d graduated, he needed a full-time job. There was no way he was getting a full-ride scholarship, so a dead end job was his best shot at not being drowned in debt just to earn a degree at the local community college. He could only hope one of these jobs wouldn’t end up being his lifetime career. The man began to walk in but then had to wheel about and retrieve a bag of groceries from his car. He was so caught up in future worries that he’d nearly forgotten it was his turn to make dinner. He didn’t know how he could forget; it was always his turn to make dinner. To make matters worse, he was running a bit late. He creeped towards the door creaking it open ever so slightly trying to avoid drawing too much attention to himself. Almost instantly her nagging voice could be heard. “Where have you been, Jacob? You weren’t off monkeying around with your friends again were you? When are you going to get a job?” This bombardment of questions had come from that blonde bimbo his father had married. She sat on the couch next to his father who was staring at the TV with a beer in hand. Jacob could tell she was in one of her moods again.

He began fidgeting with his hair, but he managed to strain a smile. “No, my friends are all gone, remember?” They had all gotten out of this shitty town as fast as possible. He couldn’t blame them even if it meant he was left all alone; it wasn’t like it was the first time he’d been left behind anyways. “I was filling out papers and doing interviews for jobs like you wanted.” He shut the door behind himself hoping the neighbors hadn’t heard too much.

She looked taken aback for a second, but, like a politician, she just doubled down. Sure, you were. That's why you have a job already, right? And either way you’re late! My babies are starving!” She gestured to the young boy and young girl sitting on the ground in front of them playing on their Ipads. Their headphones made them oblivious to their mother’s tantrum.

Even though they didn’t seem to mind, it did make him feel a little bad. “I’m sorry. I-”

“Let me guess it was your anxiety again.” She said. “I don’t want your excuses. Just go make dinner!”

His counselor had said she was likely one the causes of his anxiety issues, but he didn’t dare vocalize this. Somehow, this woman had some sort of sway over his father, and she could probably get him kicked out if she really wanted to.“Whatever . . . fine.” He walked into the kitchen without further protest.

After dinner and dishes were said and done, Jacob lay on his bed alone staring at an envelope. His father had given it to him after apologizing. Apparently, his father hadn’t gotten the promotion he’d been considered for, and that somehow made it ok for his wife’s behaviour. Jacob didn’t even want to think of her as his step mother. To be fair, she could be sweet at times, and she was a pretty caring mother . . . when it came to her own kids, but Jacob could tell she didn’t really think of him as a son, so the feeling was mutual. Maybe some debt was worth getting out of this house. His gaze focused back on the letter. There he went again letting his worries distract him. The letter might has well been from Fishy Avenue, Suspicious Street, or Dubious Drive, but the lack of an address made it even more questionable. He couldn’t even think of anyone who was still around that would bother to try pranking him. It was almost kind of creepy, and it didn’t help that his name was in red. He sighed. Staring at it would accomplish nothing. He carefully removed the elaborate seal. His eyes lit up when he read from the first lines, but that light just as quickly flickered out. “Burn it? What a dumb prank.” He crumbled it up and tossed it in his small trash bin.

Moments later Jacob was digging it back out. A small amount of hope still burned in his hazel eyes. He grabbed a pen. It was probably just a stupid trick, but if there was even the smallest chance . . . well, he was only risking being stupid in front of himself, right? He began quietly reading it aloud to himself. “Name? Jacob Jones.” Apparently, his parents had picked his name because it sounded like a superhero’s secret identity. “Age? 18. Blood Type? AB positive.” It was such a useless blood type; there was practically no reason for him to donate blood. “Day of birth? March 11. Time of birth? That’s kind of weird.” He thought about it for a moment. “I hope this will do. Location of birth? Pueblo, Colorado. Number of siblings? . . .two I guess?” He wasn’t sure if half siblings counted. “Current location? Don’t they have that? Well, I haven’t left yet. Most beloved memory? That’s kind of personal.” He remembered going to the state fair with both his parents. Nostalgia hit him in waves. They had went on rides, took pictures together, listened to a concert, and eaten cotton candy. He was only a small child, but everything seemed so simple then. “. . . but I guess I am burning it.” He wrote it down. “Most valuable possession? What, are they going to steal it or something?” He thought for a moment. “My car I guess.” That was definitely the most expensive thing he owned. “Most painful memory?” That was an easy one. He remembered that day like it was yesterday. His parents had been arguing over something in another room when suddenly his mother stormed out briefcases in hand to a taxi. Nothing had hurt him more than when he found out his mother didn’t want him anymore. “Most interesting dream?” All he could think of was a recurring dream he had when he was younger. In it, his mother had returned, and she explained that she had been called away to do something important. Amends were made, and everything was happy once again. They spent the rest of the day playing in fields made of cotton candy. He’d stop having that dream a while ago.

“What do you do in your free time?” Jacob tried to think up something interesting but failed. “I should get out more. What is you goal? To not die anytime soon.” He chuckled as he wrote this, but then almost immediately crossed it out. He thought about it more seriously. “. . . I guess I’d just like to make the world a little bit better.” It might sound a bit cheesy and overambitious, but he was burning it anyways. “Are you religious? Slightly.” While his step mother had repeatedly made him go to Sunday mass, sometimes he just had to believe there was someone watching over them. Besides, he liked the golden rule. “What does magic mean to me?” He stared at the question for a while. It was certainly strange. “Well, if magic existed, I think it’d be the sunset that you watch from a hill with your closest friends, or the pristine snow covering a park unblemished by people, or the look in a mother’s eyes when she holds her newborn child.” His eyes watered up at that last thought. He wiped his eyes. Damn his sentimentality. Damn this stupid paper he opened up to. Jacob was far too happy to tear it off and burn it. Using his lighter, he set the paper a flame of his small trash can. It lit up like a small fire cracker, and he immediately dropped it almost yelling in surprise. It must have been laced with gunpowder or something. Maybe someone was actually trying to kill him. Weirder still, none of the ashes had dropped into the trash can. He nervously fidgeted with his hair. The whole thing was pretty strange, but at least that paper would never see the light of day.

Name: Jacob Jones
Blood Type: AB+
Day of Birth: March 11
Time of Birth (if known): Sunrisish?
Location of Birth (city is fine):Pueblo, Colorado
Number of Siblings: Two younger half siblings
Current Location (city is fine): Pueblo, Colorado

Most beloved memory: When I went to the state fair with my mom and dad.

Most valuable possession: My car

Most painful memory: The day my mother left.

Describe your most interesting dream: My mother returns, and my family is together once again. We spend the rest of the day playing in meadows made out of cotton candy.

What do you do in your free time? Nothing really. I scroll through social media, play video games, and watch anime or tv. Occasionally, I’ll read a book or some manga.

What is your goal? To not die anytime soon. I’d like to make the world a little bit better.

Are you religious? Slightly

What does the word magic mean to you? If magic existed, I think it’d be the sunset that you watch from a hill with your closest friends, or the pristine snow covering a park unblemished by people, or the look in a mother’s eyes when she holds her newborn child. Things like that kind of feel like magic to me.

Medium: Cotton
Shape of Summon: A fluffy ram

Jacob Jones
Signature

Last edited:
141T32619-2.jpg
Jesse stared at the letter. He flipped it upside down. He raised it towards the sun. He tilted his blonde head to the side. No matter how he looked at the words there was only one thing the eighteen year old was able to conclude. It was a prank. An elaborate joke made on his behalf. Lips curving upward in humor, Jesse tried to figure out who might’ve attempted such a trick on him.

His younger siblings? They could be downright pranksters when they wanted to be.

His friends from the drama club? Their humor was questionable at times.

Humming, Jesse re-read the letter that he found addressed to him when he went out to check the apartment’s mailbox that morning. He had no plans of whatsoever of attending college. However, he did entertain dreams of entering Broadway. That was why he’d taken his savings and moved to New York. Rented an apartment, which he shared with a roommate and started his own personal training in a theater troupe. Jesse didn’t believe University to be a necessary path to his goals.

Adding the word magic in front wouldn’t change that fact.

Still. Such an elaborate prank deserved recognition. Pulling a pen from his front pocket, Jesse filled the in the latter half of the form.

Name: Jesse McAllister

Blood Type: AB

Day of Birth: 05/05/2000

Time of Birth (if known): 2:00 AM

Location of Birth (city is fine):Atlanta, Georgia

Number of Siblings:2

Current Location (city is fine):New York City

Most beloved memory:My first Broadway show, which I went to see with my family. It was the musical adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Most valuable possession:My hat. It was given to me by an older student in my drama club, who I deeply respect.

Most painful memory:When my dog, Elsbeth, died.

Describe your most interesting dream:I was Peter Pan, fighting off Captain Hook and his men. I thought I was dead when I fell off the plank. But then I flew.

Listen to music. Watch musicals. Read. Play my harmonica.

What is your goal?

To become a Broadway star.

Are you religious?

Nope.

It’s on the stage when you enter a different world and become a different person.

Medium: Silk

Shape of Summon: Snake.

Jesse McAllister

“Hey, Arnold! You smoke, right? Got a lighter on you?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Nothing important. Just toss it over, will ya?”

There was a bit of a grumble as his roommate searched his pockets. Then a small silver object flew through the balcony window and into Jesse’s waiting hand.

“Thanks!” Tearing off the application portion, Jesse lit it on fire, blinking when the paper instantly burned. No ash or anything. It just…vanished. Staring at his hand, Jesse clenched and un-clenched his fingers for a moment before shrugging and returning to his apartment.

Last edited:
It's already dark out, and Skylar heads downstairs with a yawn and checks her watch it is... two in the afternoon. Well, there goes her chance of doing anything useful today she thinks as she heads down to the kitchen and looks for something to eat. She opens her cabinet and picks out some cereal. Who cares how late it is, cereal is possible to eat no matter the time. After the cereal has been poured, she goes to the couch and grabs the remote, changing the channel. The brunette then hears an annoyed voice,

"Sis! I was watching that- Also mom said no eating on the couch!"

Skylar couldn't resist the slight eye roll, and decided to throw the remote over to her sister who thankfully caught it. Although, she was a bit disappointed that it didn't whack her in the head. Instead of voicing that thought, she just goes back to eating her meal. After around ten minutes of listening to the stupid television, she finished her.. breakfast? Lunch? Hell if she knew, and went to put the dishes away. As she heads back, she hears her sister call out to her;

"Oh! Sorry sis, I forgot but mom wants you to go get the mail! Also, can you get me some chips please?" Having woken up, and being in a better mood Skylar gets her sister her snack, heading over there and ruffling her hair good naturedly. "Alright princess, anything else you want?" After her sister ponders it for a second, she shakes her head no. With that, she heads outside to get the mail.

A few minutes later, the brunette re enters the house, her arms laden with mail. Throwing it on the counter, she surfs through it, skimming through it until she sees a letter with her name. Who exactly was writing to her? Only person who comes to mind is her father, but the envelope looks far from the normal one she receives, and the writing on it doesn't look like anything she remembers. With curiosity on the forefront of her mind, she hastily opens the letter, eager to see what's inside. When she opens it, Skylar is completely puzzled to say the least. She hasn't applied to any universities, and out of everything why do people need her blood type? Also, the burning of the letter part creped her out slightly.

Having nothing better to do, and if this was a prank to humour whoever made it, she decided to follow the instructions. The girl assumed it was her little sister, once again, deciding to mess with her head. Skylar had to give her credit though, this one was a lot more thorough then the typical "Open the door and get ice water on your head" trick she fell for multiple times. She shrugged and filled it out. A magical school was an odd one she decided to do, and felt slight disappointed that it wasn't a Hogwarts letter. The irony wasn't missed though, giving a future scientist a mysterious letter that hinted towards being magical.

If this was real though, declining free tuition and housing would be stupid... With a shake of her head, she got rid of the thoughts. Magic isn't real, it's made up to let people feel better of not being able to discover something.

A few minutes later, a slightly confused Skylar finished filling out the letter. A few of the questions made her think a lot harder then others, especially the "Most beloved memory one" until she thought of when her father surprised her and mother with a fishing trip, right after her sister was borne. Right before he decided to serve his country. She makes a mental note for when he gets back to take her again.

"Now... where the hell is a lighter..."

She starts scrambling through the house to find something to light this note on fire, until she remembers the candle left in the dining room. She hovers it above the flame, and watches it burn, and feels puzzled. Why is there no ash? It looked like it just vanished, leaving no trace of it behind. Skylar just decides to ignore it, thinking it's her own paranoia, and heads back to go hang around her little sister.

imgres.jpg

Name: Skylar Selene
Blood Type: AB-
Day of Birth: October 26th
Time of Birth (if known): Some time during night?
Location of Birth (city is fine): San Fransisco, California
Number of Siblings: One
Current Location (city is fine): New York City

Most beloved memory:
Going fishing with my mother and father.

A watch.

Most painful memory:
Watching father head onto a navy ship.

I was in a library, with a bunch of books, whenever I opened one I got transported to that world. It ended with me dying as a hunger games tribute.

Research, cooking, going on walks. and swimming.

What is your goal?
Becoming a scientist

Are you religious? Nope

Something unexplainable, that desperate people use to find a reasoning

Medium: Silver
Shape of Summon: Leopard

Skylar Selene
Signature

Last edited:
Charlie.Collins.full.2167536.png

[ It was much bigger than I expected. ]

Hikari was sitting silently by the fireplace with a blanket over her legs, her cat sitting comfortably on it. She felt calm and serene overall, petting her most precious thing in her life while she let her thoughts freely wander. She hadn't exactly had a long day, but she did work today. Gardening along with feeding the cat and some personal hobby things. It was nice to relax like this before her mother came home, who always had work drama. She picked up the book on the table beside her, and she began to read from where she left off.

Only a few minutes, at 7:35 pm always on the dot -- Her mother came into the small wooden home. The door slammed shut behind her as she huffed out a sigh while she walked into the living room. " Greetings, mother. " Hikari said without even looking up from the book, flipping a page.

" Hey sweets! " She felt a peck on her cheek before a small letter was set down in front of the words she was attempting to read. She curiously looked up to her mother's worn face, the dark under her eyes clear but faded out as she smiled brightly. " I think it's an university letter! Please tell mom you'll go? " With the disapproving look Hikari gave her mother, it was obvious what answer she had in mind. Her mother sighed and sat down on the couch beside her chair. " Sweetheart, most schools don't even know you exist. Please go for mommy? " With that she leaned over and began pinching her daughter's adorable cheeks.

The guilt card, of course. Though, she had never been to any school with actual people.. Maybe it will keep her busy? She was already intelligent enough to do most anything any school could throw at her. So with that thought, she opened the letter and scanned her eyes over it. It seemed to be a fake letter, but it promised to cover everything? With her and her mother's condition she needed any tuition that was paid for. " Mother, please bring me a pen. "

Her mother got up, scrounging around in the kitchen before bringing back an almost completely used pen with blue ink. Not the most professional, but Hikari guessed that's all she could find. So she then began to fill the forum out. After a few minutes, she looked up to her mother questioningly. " Don't worry, if it costs anything I'll just take a third job. Anything for you, sweets. " Hikari shook her head, pointing to the part where it had claimed that everything was indeed covered. This made her mother burst out with joy, so much joy that she went to the kitchen to call her friend. Of course she would call Rita. While her mother was distracted, she neatly folded the paper and rolled her chair over closer to the fireplace, gently tossing it.

Name: Hikari Lillian Ai
Blood Type: O-
Day of Birth: 7/25/2000
Time of Birth (if known): 12:23 am, Approximately.
Location of Birth (city is fine): Kamakura
Number of Siblings: None.
Current Location (city is fine): Norilsk

Most beloved memory: When my mother purchased me a gray kitten.

Most valuable possession: My favorite book, The Sands Of Time.

Most painful memory: The accident when I was three, that caused us to move. I'd rather not go into the details, apologies.

Describe your most interesting dream: It was strange, though I believe it would count as interesting. I was a maid in a medieval castle, I was able to walk as well. War broke out not too long into it and I woke up to my cat needing to be fed.

What do you do in your free time? I read, write, and sit by the fire telling stories to Pulchrin ~My cat

What is your goal? To become a famous author, and relinquish my lower class.

Are you religious? I follow Shintoism, by my mothers family.

What does the word magic mean to you? Books. Magic books that you can simply speak the words and something amazing happens.

Medium: Metal [Steel]
Shape of Summon: Amur Tiger

Hikari Ai
Signature

Last edited:
Screenshot_2018-08-05-23-45-41-1.png
"ATALIS GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED, AND HELP YOUR FATHER WITH THE GOD DAMN CHORES YOU BASTARD" Hefty was the voice the echoed up and towards the room where atalis lay sleeping, the sound of his mothers oh so heart felt tone jolted him awake and into a stupor unlike any other, his muscles aching from practice yesterday he slowly and groggily pulled the blankets from his form and slid from his small framed bed and onto the wooden panelled flooring. Messy brown/auburn hair gently whisping across his brows as his muscled form moved upward, green eyes flitting along the room to look for clothes, pale white skin glistening from the early morning rays of light. The sensation of cold running along the soles of feet sent shivers along his back and opened his eyes a little more for the rest of the morning. "YES YES, I HEAR YOU YA BASTARD OF A MOTHER"
He hollered back at his mother, the worlds titlted with a soft endearing tone, it was his familys way of showing love...yelling at the top of their lungs. Most would think it harrasment, but name calling was a day to day basis here in this household. His brother next to him, in a smaller bunk bed stirred gently. Glancing over at his younger sibling he smiled warmly and stooped over and ruffled the little boys red hair
"goodmorning Henry, you should go and eat some breakfast soon. Ok, and yes! I know your awake you little rascal"
His brother smiled cheerfully at this, opening his doe like eyes and popping up to give Atalis a warm hug, messy hair mixing with messy hair as the brothers endearingly embraced eachother. "Nice to see your in a good mood, now breakfast" Atalis said in a soft yet pleasant tone, henry nodded and signed a
'yes sir' to his brother before getting up and running out of the room in only his boxers.

Heading after his brother, he closed the door before chuckling
"what a dork"
llowly he worked his way around the room cleaning all the subtle ins and ends before grabbing a black pair of pants from the small shelves in the side of the room. Pulling them up and over his scarred legs he sighed before sitting back down onto the bunk bed. Another day. Another day to have to face all that his life ever was. Sameness in and out. Other than his little brother. The little rascal brought a light to his life that nothing else really could. Chuckling softly to himself once again he stood brazenly, opening the door to the main hallway before turning towards the kitchen/diner.
"IM ON MY WAY IN MA, TELL ME THE ORDERS"
he hollered, but oddly enough he didnt get a response, which was odd because ussually he would get a sassy retort either that or a over detailed order of the local rich bastard who had accidentally stumbled in and thought they made cafe latte's. Instead, he came out to both of his parents stoop over a letter...An opened letter...With his name on it. " Hey hey you assholes, that has my name on it! Off off, aeay you scoundrels." Both his parents glanced at him before warily handing the letter over to him. Reading over the letter he tried not to freak out, what was this...was this real, could it be real?. Slowly he stood and asked his mother for a pen before methodically filling out everything he needed to.

Name:
Atalis Everin Loi
Blood Type: A+
Day of Birth: sep, 26, 1998(monday)
Time of Birth: 12:13 pm
Location of Birth: Portland
Number of Siblings:1
Current Location: portland, oregon

Most beloved memory: when I was 15, my brother was born, I wittnessed the entire birthing process and was the second one to hold the little ginger. Whom I named instantly by calling out the name "Henry in a very loud exaggerated british tone.

Most valuable possession: when I was about 13, his father handed down the family pocket-watch to him, it was and is the only thing my father has ever given to me so i hold it very dear to my heart. Although for the first year of henry's life i let the little child hold and slobber all over the pocket watch so now it no longer ticks correctly and sounds like a sad droning when you open it up.

Most painful memory: when I was 18, me and henry got into a car crash with my mother at the wheel, nobody died that day, however henrys throat was peirced by a metal rod. And he lost his ability to speak. My legs were also cut up by the door fracturing across my thighs. Leaving me with large scars along them.

Describe your most interesting dream: Ok, so in this dream, I always awake in a land of black sand/dust. There are mountians and hills of this black sand covering all of earth. Burying buildings trees and even entire landscapes, the sky is all black and the sun is pure white. In this dream I am always taunted by a very large....very very huge basilisk. This Basilisk tell mes of the woes and intrepid lies of the humans. Tells me to not trust anyone but it, i try my best not to listen, but as i walk i see the remnants of humans. They have no faces these humans. They are made of static...funny thing is sometimes i think i see my parents and brother in these static people. I am always wondering

What do you do in your free time: I read book's and draw in my room with my brother, if I have free time. Most of the time I have to work in the diner with my father...so free time isnt really a thing that happens.

What is your goal: im not sure, I just want people to be happy and to keep my brother safe. If your asking me my goal for this school. I guess to do the best I can and making the best of everything that I can.

Are you religious: yes, I believe in a god. I just dont know what or how he works. I just believe in one. That there is one at
least.

It means to use that which is naturaul and making it super naturual. Changing normal into odd and freakish into beautifull. Magic the word to me is freedom

Medium: black obsidian
Shape of Summon: basilisk(mythological snake/lizard creature)

Atalis Everin Loi
Signature:

Last edited:
a6a24798829fb07c94bd5347b69547f8.jpg
This evening Klaus sat by himself at the dinner table pushing canned beans around the plate with a fork. When they were too cold to eat, he sat back and watched the clock tick off seconds as though they were minutes. Unfortunately, this is more usual than not. Klaus's morning starts at six. After he turns off the alarm, he flips on the light switch, adjusts his eyes, gropes for the calendar, crosses off another day, and counts the remaining days until you and mom get back from yet another hospital stay. Aimlessly, he dresses, tries to force down some toast, and go to work. At least he can stay busy for a few hours. But break time and lunch are hard--that's when he usually calls mom to hear from the both of you.
"When exactly are you coming home? I can't wait to see you again. When I pick you up at the airport, we can go out to dinner. I received this strange letter and the seal is made out of wax. Actual wax. It's hard to believe some people still write letters like this but it's different and it says it's from a University. Hope to hear from you soon. With love, Klaus"
Klaus left another message on his mother's phone. Klaus adjusted his thin-rimmed glasses and drew his brown, woven sweater tighter to his lean body. His dark brown hair was tussled as he went through the mail from this morning. There were hospital bills, more bills, a letter addressed to him and then junk mail that were for adverts or stores nearby.
"Hmm I wonder..."
All the questions were puzzling to say in the least. Some of the questions were so specific that Klaus wasn't sure if these types of questions belonged on an application form for a university. It was bizarre, but he would answer honestly and give as much detail as he could provide. Name, age, date of birth and location seemed normal. However, further down is when dreams, magic, and religion became a part of this weird form. He loved sharing his most beloved memory. There was another question about what he liked to do in his free time. That answer almost flew off his fingertips from his pen. The beach is Klaus's go-to place. Some folks like their fancy coffees: cream and sugar with cream and sugar on top. But give him the pebbles that move under boot with their loud crunch- louder than fall leaves and present all year. Klaus would suck in the salty air like it's an elixir, to Klaus, he thinks it is. It tastes like home. The beach huts lie ahead, no bigger than his garden shed but painted the same kind of candy hues as the wooden buildings that line the harbor in Cape Cottage. Above the sun is bright, but as always in November it has no real heat, only the power to render the ocean a glittering green-blue like my mother's eyes and my sister's. Klaus held the envelope over the fire hesitantly. It was like burning a wish. A tradition his family had started when Adaleine became sickly. One would write their hopes and dreams on the paper and proceed to burn it so that in the future it would, hopefully, come true.

There was no turning back from this. Klaus nodded and let the paper slip through his fingers and burn in the fire. The ashes lifting up through the center of his dark red brick chimney.

Name:Klaus Daniel Schwars
Blood Type: O + The universal donor.
Day of Birth: December 13
Time of Birth: 10:00pm
Location of Birth: Germany
Number of Siblings: 1
Current Location:Cape Cottage, Maine

Most beloved memory: On Christmas morning, my mother, sister and I all exchanged gifts that were handmade. I can picture my sister, Adaleine, opening the box with the blue silk ribbon. I had made a stained glass butterfly with tiny crosses in the patterns of the wings. Both my sister and my mother have gifts from me that show their faith in some small way. The way my sister teared up and hugged me is a memory I will always cherish.

Most valuable possession: A Silver cross.

Most painful memory: It's recent. Recurring. My sister is prone to sickness and she is fragile. She is always in the hospital, but there is this one memory that I have of her and mom. My sister was around three-years-old and she was vomiting and crying. Never have I seen her in so much pain and so sick. I wanted to be her hero like mom was our hero. But, no matter what I did to comfort her she would just cry. Nothing I ever did made her smile long enough. I watched as they attached IVs into her and since then I can't bear the thought of entering a hospital and not leaving with my sister in good health.

Describe your most interesting dream: I had a dream about this monkey. Specifically a mother monkey and these two human children. It was winter, there was a frozen lake and the children were playing on the ice thinking that it had frozen for long enough to become thick. However, the children's fun and games were quickly brought down by fear and the impending doom of being trapped underneath the ice and its' frigid waters. The first child was a boy, talking to his sibling. Trying to comfort the sibling who was scared. The boy saw the monkey and asked for help, the monkey thinking that these children were her own was startled and took action immediately. The sibling was rescued by the monkey's tail, the other, older sibling was grasped by the arm and lifted into the trees. The children were safe and sound and went on to climb onto the back of the monkey and follow it towards a temple. It was...interesting...chilling and yet calming all at the same time. I knew what was to happen before it came to be. Odd.

What do you do in your free time? I love to read stories to my sister and I often make glass figurines in my garage. I also go to the beach and think. The air is so fresh I believe it could heal anyone of their ailments.

What is your goal? To make my family proud. I want to become a Hospice caretaker. They...do amazing and important work for family members who have come to the end of their lives. I want to make sure people are at peace and in peace when they pass.

Are you religious? Yes, most certainly, I've asked for God to give me strength and to keep leading my sister to her good health. I pray. Everyday.

What does the word magic mean to you? Miracles. Miracles that are sometimes not explainable, but one most have faith that these miracles were meant to be. Whether by God performing them or the world's way of fixing things through fate.

Medium:Glass what material will give your summon its body?
Shape of Summon:Crab-eating monkey (India Macaque) decide on the creature it will appear as

f3b2544a54b0f1ad9af27bf02de4d5da.jpg
"Bella, remember to position the candleholders carefully this time. Last time, the arrangement wasn't balanced. It isn't good for the - " Madame Moreau fanned towards her face, breathing in deeply. "- Energy of the room. Also, be a darling and get the burner please. The bronze one we always use, of course."

Belladonna remained busy adjusting the candleholders as instructed, while Madame Moreau paced and preened before the many mirrors set up around the room.

"Hmm... What do you think about this color, Bella? I do like the mauve, but it's just not enough for the occasion, I don't think. Fuchsia, fuchsia... Aquamarine?"

Belladonna looked up from her work to watch her mother try on various shawls. Her hair was getting long again, the girl noted. Madame Moreau's dark curls fell to the waist, a stark contrast to Belladonna's pale bob. Maybe it was her mother's looks that had pushed her onto the path of mysticism -- or kept her profiting in the business, anyhow. She fit the expectations of how a mystic should look, what with her olive skin and dark eyes.

Belladonna entertained the idea of inheriting the business with her own looks as they were. Grandmother had always called her their family's changeling child: not only was her hair color lighter and her hair texture finer than her relatives, her eye color was also much paler. This appearance, taken together with her stoic demeanor, made Belladonna appear much like a porcelain doll - nice to look at, but ultimately lifeless, especially when compared to the colorful predecessors of the Allerton lineage. Even sweeping aside the moral distaste she felt for fortune telling and so-called spirit communication, 'Belladonna' just wasn't suited to becoming 'Madame Belladonna'.

"Fuchsia it is!" Madame Moreau declared. The woman began a satisfied twirl, but stopped short at the sight of Belladonna idling about.

"Darling, why are you still standing there? Chop chop! Our clients will be arriving soon!"

Belladonna shuffled into the backroom and began rifling through the bureau in the corner. She remembered she'd placed the incense burner in the first drawer, but things tended to migrate with her scatterbrained mother around. She was three drawers down when she found a crumpled brown envelope stuffed into a dusty cranny. The scarlet seal on the envelope had first drawn her attention, but her curiosity grew when she saw the name of the addressee: Ms. Belladonna Allerton. Nobody ever sent her letters, let alone handwritten ones. Moreover, the ink appeared to be recent.

Salomonis Regis University. Belladonna traced the sender with a tentative hand. 'University' brought to mind images of manicured lawns, stately halls, and perpetual sunshine. These had been promoted by the advertisements that had flooded the Allerton mailbox daily, just before the college application period. Yet Belladonna knew that such letters played on both the desires and fears of young hearts -- that they answered hope for independence and wariness of adulthood with exaggerated promises, all for a pretty penny. Madame Moreau's business utilized similar tactic and Belladonna refused to be drawn into impossible delusions.

Still, something about this letter had upset her mother and prompted her to hide it away. She usually only hid outstanding bills and demands for payment from debt collectors. The girl stowed away the envelope for later perusal and resumed her search for the incense burner.

Four hours later, Belladonna finally managed to get away to read her letter. The seance had gone on longer than usual because the clients this time had been more distraught than most. Madame Moreau had judged it a sound business decision to draw out the theatrics, in case they would become repeat customers.

The seal of the envelope was already broken, but the contents of it appeared untouched. Belladonna scanned the enclosed message, skepticism building as she came to realize that it was, in fact, an acceptance letter. As far as she knew, universities didn't accept students who didn't apply. But the phrase 'fully covered' swayed her judgement and made her more receptive to the idea of filling out the attached form. What could be the harm? If 'Salomonis Regis University' was a scam, it was a poorly thought-out one indeed. The letter didn't ask for any processing funds... in fact, it didn't even ask for a reply. (Belladonna thought the burning process specified in the letter a mechanism that could have been born of her mother's own wild imagination.)

So the girl picked up a pen and began answering the questions. Bits of the information requested reminded her of those astrological birth charts that her mother occasionally drew up. Overall, the form resembled things that her mother would ask her clients or attempt to 'divine'. Belladonna expected nothing less of something so arbitrary in purpose. It felt silly, signing her name on that collection of sentences which simultaneously summed up her entire being yet failed to convey the experience of her existence. Was her signature supposed to be a reaffirmation of her honesty, or yet another part of herself to be examined by the imaginary admissions council at Salomonis Regis University? She tore off the form and set it alight using one of the candles. The paper left no ashes; only the envelope and the letter convinced her that she hadn't been hallucinating for the last twenty minutes.

Name: Belladonna Gloria Allerton
Blood Type: AB
Day of Birth: December 4, 2000
Time of Birth (if known): 5:32 PM
Location of Birth (city is fine): Los Angeles, California
Number of Siblings: None
Current Location (city is fine): Santa Barbara, California

Most beloved memory: Going to the beach and gathering seashells with my mother.

Most valuable possession: Grandmother's locket.

Most painful memory: My father leaving.

Describe your most interesting dream: There's a massive tree in front of me. Everything else is white, so I begin climbing. On the way up, I accidentally snap off a twig. The twig turns into a paintbrush and before me are a row of bird nests, all full of paint. So I begin painting. Sometimes I start with the sky and the clouds, but there is no end to it and I wake up before I can finish. Other times, I paint the flora and fauna that strike my fancy. I like it most when I flick paint down the tree and they bloom into mosses and flowers.

What do you do in your free time? Read. Paint. Crochet.

What is your goal? To live as a morally upstanding person.

Are you religious? No.

What does the word magic mean to you? I don't believe in magic. It's all smoke and mirrors.

(Medium: Clay
Shape of Summon: Badger)

Belladonna Allerton

NPC Characters
Salomonis Regis University, Staff

Paul Marrane - An elderly man with thinning hair. Slightly overweight. He is the provost of the university.​
Sadako Kasahara - A Japanese woman of indeterminate age, with long black hair and unusually white skin. She is the Dean of the Freshman class and Headmistress of the Freshman Campus of Salomonis Regis University, more commonly referred to as the Halfway House​
Matathius - An average-looking man with brown hair and dark eyes. He is an old friend of the provost, and he was the one who delivered acceptance letters and then picked up the students.​

Salomonis Regis University, Freshmen Students

Isabella Thompson - A green-eyed redhead usually seen taking photographs with her camera. She's naturally suspicious and not quick to warm to strangers.​
Sarah Fay - A plain-looking young woman, she has dark brown hair and a few freckles. She hasn't spoken to anyone since arriving​
Haley Gardiner - A pretty young woman with wavy light brown hair. She is already trying to win over Miss Kasahara, but seems to care little about her fellow students.​
Isaac Laquedem - A bit on the thin side, his messy brown hair is usually sticking up in all different directions. Everything he wears seems much too big on him, from his glasses to his shirts and pants. Is extremely observant of what happens around him, but doesn't like talking about himself.​
Collin Williams - A large young man with dirty-blond hair and warm blue eyes, and an unreasonable amount of freckles. He almost exclusively wears plaid shirts and denim. Goes out of his way to act friendly to new people.​
Sarina Haywood - An athletic-looking blonde with an apparent coffee addiction. She's put up a front of being cool and collected, but the whole magic deal has really freaked her out.​
Maria Moores - A young woman with short dark hair and red-rimmed glasses, she is extremely outgoing despite the odd situation she's found herself in.​
Michael Harvey - A well-dressed young man with golden hair and cold blue eyes. He isn't the warmest person to try and strike up a conversation with, that's for sure.​
From: No one's bothered asking| Medium: Unknown | Form: Unknown​
Lei Xu - A short Chinese girl with longish hair and a constantly-changing fashion sense. She enjoys being left alone while listening to her music and judging others based on their unfashionable outfits.​
Delmar Akers - A lanky young man with dark skin and short black hair. He isn't the best at talking to others, but still goes out of his way to start conversations with just about everyone.​
Ian Yancy - A rather short young man with black hair he's died the ends blond. Is rather vocal about how learning magic is going to be "really cool".​
Lorene Faulkner - A chubby young woman with a mess of light brown hair and a constant wide smile on her face. She seems genuinely content with what's happening.​

Salomonis Regis University, Junior Students

Wetzel Reiter - Responsible for many of the desserts and baked foods served to the new students when they first arrived at the Halfway House.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back