• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Medieval Political Intrigue RP

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
IC:

You are sitting in your room watching the star-filled sky of your kingdom. It is beautiful, how their tiny lights rain now down with the moon's to illuminate the long-reaching lands.

Your own room, illuminated by a single dying candle has a beauty, a warmth of it's own, too. You sit back in the chair and proceed to open the letter that you received:

Salutations,

I, Lord Landriser, hereby invite you to join me and the other lords in our week-long festivity, on which we will discuss the matters relating to the recent concerns of the kingdoms.

OOC:

Yes, this is it. The RP about cooking machinations behind each other's back while keeping masks of affection and courtesy. in this Rp, you'll get to see whether you'll be the victim who thought they owned the game, or the madman pushing back his glasses and grinning as his plans come to fruition. There are no heroes, no villans...Only winners and fools.

Want to join?

In this RP, you will have control of a single kingdom. You will have, regardless of political organization, a single political representative. However, for those that can handle more than one character, there is the option to control a small network of spies or influences. if the RP achieves a given amount of people, I will start allowing players to roleplay as simple spies for other rpers.

This roleplay relies a lot on information control, so I will be using what I know as the "info stockpile" system in cooperation with the "character judge" system to keep this in check.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have!

Thinslayer said:
So...how does this work? What's this "info stockpile" and "character judge" being referred to?
Good questions.

They are both systems used to control what a character or cannot do. By providing limitations they allow a more complex set of options.

The "info stockpile" is a system where player will type down, in a deisgnated tab, all the info their character has access to and where they got that info from. This helps us guard against metagaming, which would be especially harmful for this roleplay.

The "character judge" system divides character traits into two kinds: pratical and theoretical. You what you type on the CS are the traits you will roleplay and that you right on the CS. The pratical ones sworn more like RPG traits, having an semi-OOC effect. In this roleolay's case, for example, you might say a character is very resorceful in the persinality in the CS and I, along with a designated set of judges whose amount dependsds hown hiw many people joins this RP, would determine that your character gets one point in the "attention" trait, thus in the roleplay being able to attain more information.

I would be interested since I consider myself good at Crusader Kings 2.

...But my experience with Game of Thrones makes me think I'll die.

(interested) xD

Archon said:
I would be interested since I consider myself good at Crusader Kings 2.
...But my experience with Game of Thrones makes me think I'll die.

(interested) xD
Keep your friends close enough for a handshake and your enemies close enough for a backstab

-myself

Archon said:
P.S just saying ... i got a good teacher so you better watch out .

littlefinger.gif

[QUOTE="The Elusive Shadow]P.S just saying ... i got a good teacher so you better watch out .
littlefinger.gif

[/QUOTE]
tumblr_m2lv3w2hlR1r2x6cpo6_250.gif

[QUOTE="The Elusive Shadow]That was too much xD i literally died . *chokes on poisoned wine*

[/QUOTE]
Woop, you lost the Game before it even started.

...Clearly, I am the master here...

[QUOTE="The Elusive Shadow]
n-MELISANDRE-large570.jpg

Still have a few tricks up my sleeve .....

[/QUOTE]
Pfft.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29938-1367944381-32.gif

Hello!

I am intrigued. I have never seen a RP categorized as "nation-building" on any other website and would like to try this one out. How does this differ from a traditional fantasy role? Also, how lore-heavy is this world?

Thanks!

--Dem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back