• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval Fantasy RP looking for two more people (CLOSED)

Northern Ranger

Hello! I'm normally a huge fan of 1x1 rp's, but I wanted to run a very small group roleplay, taking place in a medieval high fantasy world (Think Lord of The Rings, Skyrim, or DnD). All information about the plot, world, and my own character is listed below, but this is just the information I've come up with. If you have any ideas for the plot or the world-building, please feel free to let me know! If you're interested in joining, send me a message or reply with your character sheet and any additions/changes you'd like to make! Feel free to insert your character in the plot however you want. Again, this thread will have a total of three people, including myself. Selection is not first-come first-serve.

Roleplay Plot:
Rumors surrounding the Ancient Forest have circulated for years. The paths seem to change each time you enter, and the towering black woods set against the icy mountains and thorny underbrush seem to be judging you as you pass through. Still, nothing has ever come of it- until now. A small tribe of Wood Elves who had fled to live in the forest after the War of the Northern Cliffs broke out, preferring to live in isolation than fight. Recently, a small group of about 12 elves have fled the wood and run to the land of Beltower, begging for help and claiming that something terrible has infested the wood and is killing their people. At first they were dismissed out of hand, the High Elves and Wood Elves of the city alike considering them cowards and traitors for leaving on the verge of war.

However, now, no one who enters the wood has left, the the brush that surrounds it is growing outwards, as if expanding. Still not wanting to completely admit the problem, the rulers and nobles of Beltower have gathered a small team of three to head out into the Ancient Forest, discover what has happened, and solve the problem- or bring back what survivors they can. Your reasons for agreeing to join this party are up to you, whether it be for coin, adventure, or simply sympathy for the Wood Elves plight.

World:
The general layout of the world is as follows: Furthest North, there are the Jhaarok Tundra's, and icy and mostly uninhabited island. The northern-most part of the mainland is the Badlands, which is mostly empty fields of stone, or craggy rifts claimed by Orcs. In fact, the Badlands are usual recognized as Orc territory. Just south of here are the Northern Cliffs- in order to reach the Badlands, you must scale down them. Above these cliffs are the great plains, the center of the mainland, and a hub for both Agriculture and civilization. The largest and most diverse Kingdom in the land, Beltower, rests in the center of the plains. Between Beltower and the Northern Cliffs, however, there is Vivyonic, the holy city of the High Elves. To the east of the Great Plains lies the Ancient Forest, and beyond that, the Unscaled Mountains. Any land beyond this is simply called "The Wilds," and has been visited by very few. To the West of the plains lie the land of both man and tabaxi, and beyond that, the western sea, where Naga and other such beings live. South of the plains lie the various Dwarven Mountains, and not much else.

About one hundred and fifty years ago, the High Elves declared war on the Orcs, after finding a small party of orcs sneaking into their holy city. Since then, the world has been tensed. Dwarves refused to get involved in the war, and were shunned when found outside of there mountains, tensions rising high between themselves and the elves. The Majority of Wood Elves agreed to fight, causing a sudden mass migration to the Plains. The kingdoms of Men are divided between those closer to the east, who have joined the war, and those in the west, who refused. The tabaxi are not unified enough to join in the war effort, but mercenaries have been seen working for both sides. For the most part, those who practice magic will not fight, as was commanded by the High council of Mages. There are a few exceptions, but these work like the Tabaxi. Travelling has become more and more dangerous as the war stretched on, and those who must either travel in large groups, or higher a ranger or bodyguard to ensure their safe passage. This is the state of the world at the time our adventure begins.

My character (feel free to use this as an example character sheet.)

Name: Aremir
Race: Human
Height: 6'0
Mass:152 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Dark Brown
Skin color: Very Fair

Skill Set:
As a ranger, and not a bad one at that, Aremir has adapted different skills over the years, excelling in some more than others. He is proficient with both long swords and daggers, has developed excellent skills at tracking, and is extremely stealthy when he wants to be. He is also decent enough with a bow, not half bad with hand-to-hand combat, and can do basic first aid.

Personality:
Aremir is not the most trusting or warm of people, and is generally content to work and live alone. However, this does not mean he is hostile, or rude (at least, not purposefully.) Aremir is generally kindhearted, and willing to help those in need, and is for the most part- despite frequently taking on jobs involving bounty hunting and blackmail- a good person, who believes in other people and decency. However, years of traveling alone have taken a notable toll on his social skills, and interacting with people outside of jobs often ends awkwardly, and even offensively (though he never means any harm.)

Backstory:
Aremir was born to an unknown slave in the Orcish city of Bolthar, who kept him hidden for a few goods weeks from the orcs. However, when the tribe of northern rangers crossed the badlands to attempt a trade deal with the orcs, she found one who was willing to smuggle him away from a life of slavery. This was the last time the Rangers of the Northern Snow left the Jhaarok Tundra, as the deal quickly went bad. As such, Aremir was raised in the unforgiving tundra, and brought up among the rangers, constantly moving, hunting, and killing to survive. At age sixteen, tired of an endless life of traveling through snow, he left the rangers to attempt to travel south and make passage to the mainland, attempting to get to Open Wilds. However, his journey was difficult, and storms and mountains pushed him eastwards, where he found a small coastal ice-fishing village. During his stop here, the village was attacked by orcs from Bolthar, which Aremir helped fight off, and when they fled, he smuggled himself aboard the ship. Escaping from the coastal Orcish dock, he made the harrowing journey across the badlands, where he eventually heard tell of a city, not far, with all races living in peace- and, more importantly, work. Passing through the holy city of elves only briefly, he found himself in Beltower, and started using his skills to pick up every odd job he could find, which wasn't too difficult for the only northern ranger in the mainland (The rangers used to frequently travel and sell there abilities to help various kingdoms.) Now he lives a nomadic life, travelling from city to city through the wilderness, and taking jobs as the only remaining Ranger of the Northern Snow.

I'm not sure if you are still searching, but I have a question and I do not know if I am to ask it here. What are the limits to the races in your world?

Are you still searching? Because this sounds like my cup of tea.

I have a couple of applications rn but like i said its not first-come first-serve so if you're interested, I'll totally wait to get your character sheet too!
Sounds good!

I do have one question: Is it possible to incorporate my own lore from another land? i.e. I have an OC that has a whole established backstory, and if you don't mind I'd like to include it (albeit vaguely; I wouldn't wanna mess up the world you've created). I can show you what I mean in PM.

Nice! ^^ I'll send over my CS via PM as soon as I can.
Hey bud! How's it going? I'm not sure if you remember me but you were in a couple of my roleplays a couple years back. I think one was Insurgence and the other was Apollyon. Long time no see! I'm just starting to dabble back into RP-ing after a really long hiatus

Hey bud! How's it going? I'm not sure if you remember me but you were in a couple of my roleplays a couple years back. I think one was Insurgence and the other was Apollyon. Long time no see! I'm just starting to dabble back into RP-ing after a really long hiatus
Omg, yeah! Hi! It's been a pretty hot minute lol. I'm kinda in the same boat, though I've been in the writing/RPing boat for a li'l bit now. I'm doin' alright; been busy with classes, work, and wedding planning (woo!). What about you? (Maybe we can move this to a PM or something to prevent us from taking over this thread lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back