• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval Fantasy RP Interest Check

A'ight I ain't got time to read that yet

So anything important that I should know about? Who's joined, I'd like to give them a warm and possibly chocolate flavoured welcome.

Count me in, if you'll have me.

Hi there.

You're welcome to read through all the info and submit a character. However, as I must now inform anyone who shows interest, there are A LOT of people opting to join so I am inevitably going to need to make cuts as we get closer to the Feb 21 start date next Friday. However, everyone is being given a fair chance to make a character and throw their lot in. So long as you don't mind this, you're free to join.

In regards to magic circles and transportation; do they have to be set on the ground specifically? Or will any surface do?

Also, is it possible to have more than one affinity or no affinity at all?

In regards to magic circles and transportation; do they have to be set on the ground specifically? Or will any surface do?

Also, is it possible to have more than one affinity or no affinity at all?

Good quetsions.

Any physical surface will do, regardless of its orientation (so the walls and ceilings work just as well as the ground).

It's only possible to have one affinity, and thus one magical art form to use throughout your life.

Good quetsions.

Any physical surface will do, regardless of its orientation (so the walls and ceilings work just as well as the ground).

It's only possible to have one affinity, and thus one magical art form to use throughout your life.
In that case I have a character in mind! More questions, however:

Transportation magic can essentially generate and connect various portals from what I can tell. Can I assume all physical and non-physical matter can move between these portals (such as other spells)?

Is it possible to suspend a transportation portal in the air?

Additionally, are there any limits to what exactly the "traps" entail with magic circles? Can I dip into fire magic and cause some kind of fire-explosion, or how does that work?

By the way, as I run my own medieval fantasy roleplay, this is quite nice what you've got here. Your magic system is very well defined and I like how set in stone everything is. Adds a real sense of structure and seriousness to the setting which I personally enjoy.

GojiBean GojiBean

Last edited:
I'm also interested if there is still room =)))

Hi there!

I am giving everyone a fair chance to join in. But because of how many people have opted in I am obligated to say that there will inevitably be cuts later as we get closer to the start date next Friday. Of you're okay with this, then I look forward to seeing your character!

If you have questions, please ask! I'm always open to answering them.

That's a good question, like can you put a transportation portal onto non-solid objects? If air would be acceptable, wouldn't smoke and steam work as a medium for the portal? What about water or lava? Those would be major points of contention.

You run your own fantasy rp? Is it still open?
Good points, that would also be interesting to know.

Yeah! Just click the link in my signature, we're always accepting~

Seems really interesting, if there's any space, I'd like to join

Hi there. The RP is still open to anyone who would like to join. Please be sure to read all of the information from the threads, linked at the first post of this thread. And if and when you feel comfortable with making a character, be sure to ask me any questions that are on your mind. Two or three people have already decided to leave the role play when they found out their characters had gone beyond what was acceptable foe this RP and its lore.

Also, because of how many people have asked to join, I will allow everyone a fair chance to make a character. But I can't take everyone when the RP begins next Friday. So long as you're okay with this, feel free to read up and make a character.

But again, id you have any questions, please ask sooner than later.

Thanks!

Kloudy Kloudy M Moongrid

Transportation Anchors (that is going to be the technical term for the RP) can only be placed on solid surfaces. The ground, walls, ceilings, faces of a mountain side, the sides of a ravine, etc.

Hello hello! Would it be alright for one more to join? I've been waiting for a fun fantasy RP like this.

Hi there!

I am giving everyone who shows interest a chance to make a character to submit to the RP. However, due to its surprising popularity, I am going to have to make cuts as we get closer to the start date this Friday, Feb 21st. So if you're okay with this reality, then you're welcome to read through the RP's information pages (linked at the first post of this thread) and make a character.

If you have any questions, please ask sooner than later. Three people have already decided to leave because they weren't able to make the character they wanted either because they just weren't designed for this RP, or because the world's more realistic approach to certain aspects of magical arts was too much for them.

Thank you!

Understood!

In such case, I do have an outline of a character [I'm a fast reader, and have already read through the three world-building pages, yes, without skimming]. Would you have a preference if I pitched it out somewhere, or directly start working on a character application?

Understood!

In such case, I do have an outline of a character [I'm a fast reader, and have already read through the three world-building pages, yes, without skimming]. Would you have a preference if I pitched it out somewhere, or directly start working on a character application?

Probably best to hit me up via a private message.

Good morning everyone.

This is my official announcement that this RP is now closed to further submissions.

Tomorrow evening, provided everything goes well, I will be making my final decision on the characters which have been submitted thus far for the RP, and will announce the final list of characters (and their respective players) by Thursday morning. Come Friday, the RP will have its introductory post up to set the stage for the RP's events, a new Discord server will be up and going for our communication efforts, and we'll be off and rolling!

Thank you everyone who showed interest! And I look forward to beginning this RP on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back