• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval Fantasy RP Interest Check

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey everyone, GojiBean here!

I'm currently planning to launch an RP fairly soon (once I get all the wrinkles out of the plot of course), and I wanted to know who'd be interested in an RP with the following points:

1. You can choose from one of up to 26 different humanoid races (yes, 26).
  2. You have one of up to (currently) 21 types of magic for your character(s) to use if you so desire (but only one type of magic per character, and reasons why are part of the Lore which we'll get to later).
  3. It's a fairly standard "end of the world event is incoming so we have to stop it" kind of plot at its core, but I promise it offers more than just that!
  4. Part of the plot revolves around our mortal characters finding and helping a Deity, so that should be fun, right?!
  5. It's open to any and all kinds of sub-plots and fun adventures you'd like to have along the way (Yes, that does mean I will be taking suggestions for side quests and such that we can do... In moderation, of course. Lol).
  6. Romance is encouraged, regardless of character's sexual orientation! (But obviously you must keep it clean and within RPN's rules, duh!)
  7. Oh, and did I mention it features Dragons?​
So yeah! That's the major details of the RP in a nutshell!

Here are the threads that I've created thus far for you to check out:

* Main Thread (no posting yet, as the RP's not ready to begin)
* Magic Mechanics
* Playable Races
* Characters
* OOC
* Creatures, Realism, and Expectations! Oh My!!

If you'd be at all interested in this, hit me up! I'll be happy to explain more details about the RP and answer any questions you may have!

Thanks!

~ GojiBean

Last edited:
Ooh, I'm soo interested! But first, what kinds of magic are available? I'd like to know what is available once you list them. c:

Ooh, I'm soo interested! But first, what kinds of magic are available? I'd like to know what is available once you list them. c:

Hi there!

Here are the magic types I have so far (and will likely add to as I think of more):

Elemental

Fire
Water
Earth
Wind
Light

Defensive

Warding - Creating wards to block incoming spells, but not physical objects
Magic Circles - Creates traps in the ground which activate when touched
Shadowfare - Manipulates the shadows to both move or hinder movement in others, as well as disorient targets
Illusion - Creates illusions to disorient and confuse
Sealing - Seals magic in other beings, is much more difficult to use against those with a higher magical threshold than the user
Transportation - The user creates magic circles in the ground which act as permanent (or semi permanent) anchors to transport both people and objects between

Assist

Healing - Heals physical wounds
Medical - Heals illnesses or disabilities (presuming the user is strong enough)
Seid - Song magic used by Nymphs and Faeries to affect their targets with disorientation, dizziness, or even pain.

Other

Alchemy - Transforms matter from one form to another such as stone to gold, very commonly used by blacksmiths
Divination - The user utilizes a crystal ball to see into the future for an individual
Soul Searching - Can see inside the mind of an individual seeing their brain light up green for telling a truth and red for telling a lie
Animation - Brings life to inanimate objects like books, brooms, cups, rocks, etc
Conjuration - Summons spiritual effigies of animals to support/fight for the user
Magic Smithing - Imbues weapons and armor with magical elements for increased power, defense, or supportive abilities
Polingual - Enables the user to understand any language as if it is spoken in the modern tongue for as long as their spells are active

In what way are dragons involved? 🧐

Good evening (or... morning, afternoon, whatever time it is for you, lol).

Unfortunately, if I tell you to what extent the Dragons are involved, it will be plot spoilers.

However, I can tell you they have a strong connection to the aforementioned Deity we will encounter.

Looks interesting, but no guarantee I'll join. Are angels and demons a playable race? Is there a bad guy role to play as?

Definitely interested. Sounds fun! Can't wait to read about all the races, I love seeing people get creative and 26 races is... a lot.

Sign me up, can my character have dark magic (if not, I'll think of something else, sir/ miss...)?

Looks interesting, but no guarantee I'll join. Are angels and demons a playable race? Is there a bad guy role to play as?

Unfortunately, I have to respond with "no" to the first question. Angels don't exist in this RP, only Deities (aka the Gods). And, to reveal a minor spoiler, Demons are the primary antagonist force of the RP.

As for bad guy roles, I guess it depends.

Due to spoiler reasons, I cannot allow anyone to play as a Demon or a servant of the King of Evil (basically this RP's version of the Devil). To take on those roles would require you to understand what's going on behind the scenes, and again that would reveal MAJOR spoilers.

But if you wanted to create just a general bad guy kind of character with which to go around doing bad guy things, I guess I don't mind. I don't usually allow that due to the parallel-story environment it creates, but since this site allows multiple threads to be linked to one another the bad guy posts could always be contained in a separate thread from the main cast thread until such times as they cross paths.

So if you're still interested in participating, you can shoot me a pm and we can discuss further details. If you've read this and decided to pass, then I wish you well in your present and future RP endeavors!

Definitely interested. Sounds fun! Can't wait to read about all the races, I love seeing people get creative and 26 races is... a lot.

Hi there!

Since you and others have asked about races, here is the complete list of playable humanoid races in the RP:

Humans - Self-explanatory.

Elves - Basic Elves. Light skin, pointy ears angled upwards, prideful, elegant, and arrogant.

Dark Elves - Sub-species of Elves. Darker skin, pointy ears angled downward, more physically inclined than Elves.

High Elves - Sub-species of Elves. Sunkissed skin, pointy ears out to the sides, darker hair.

Orcs - Large, powerful, but not tremendously intelligent humanoids with a brutish nature and dark skin between deep green and black. Non-Magical.

Dwarves - Stout humanoids who prefer mountains and caves to open cities and plains. Good with building and forging things, and are usually unable to resist the call of Gold.

Faeries - Humanoids with insect-like (typically butterfly) wings who can understand animals as if they're speaking the same language.

Nymphs - Humanoids who can become one with inanimate nature around them (like trees) for a short time (very draining on stamina to hold it). They can sense nature's distress, and summon creatures around them to aid them in times of need.

Miithi - Humans with at least two animal extremities such as a tail, ears, eyes, or claws. They can transform into an animal with the same body volume their human bodies occupied (terrestrial animals only). Non-Magical.

Aerolians - Humans with bird-like wings on their backs. They can survive high altitude conditions and fly on their own power.

Errit - Humanoids with bird wings instead of arms who, similarly to the Miithi, can transform into a fully bird form if the need arises. Non-Magical.

Merfolk - Humans who, when exposed to enough water on their bodies, transform the lower halves of their bodies into a fish tail to swim at high speeds and gills to breathe beneath the waves.

Goblins - Small humanoids, and a sub-species of Orcs. They're mischievous and kinniving, and often get into trouble with other races. Non-Magical.

Treants - Tree-like humanoids who move slowly, but are very, very strong and long-lived.

Giants - Humanoids with massive stature, averaging 15' (4.5m) in height. Non-Magical.

Imps - Small humanoids with bat-like wings who are even more mischievous than Goblins. While not really threatening individually, in great numbers they can raze an entire city in a single night.

Succubi - Humanoid females who transform into vampiric creatures of the night to feed off of the life energy and lust of their favorite prey: men.

Kobolds - Small canine-like humanoids with a penchant for thievery and deception. Incredibly intelligent, but physically frail. Non-Magical.

Naiads - Humanoids with the ability to transform into plants (most commonly flowers or trees). They can also communicate with creatures in nature and sense the distress of their forest homes.

Spriggans - Tree-like humanoids with aggressive tendencies who protect their forest homes with their lives, even in peace times.

Sirens - All-female humanoids who sing songs near the sea to lure sailors to sink or crash their ships, and proceed to feed on the hapless fools.

Harosians - Primarily-male humanoids with heavily tattooed flesh whose preferred food source are human cattle. They are a heavy nuisance to humans especially.

Shemaians - Eyeless humanoids with thin, frail bodies who, despite their blindness, use a unique form of magic to "see" the world around them and can detect positive and negative energy sources.

Uranus - They are identical to humans in appearance, but the females of this species have a unique form of magic which allows them to manipulate the emotions of any individual of their choosing within a range of about fifteen feet (4.5m). This ability is very draining on their stamina, and can usually only be used once every few hours.

Sylthii - Hyenamen humanoids with a penchant for mercenary work. At around the same bipedal standing height as humans, and with a largely similar anatomy save their hips and ankles being more canine-like, they're able to run both bipedally and quadrupedally with incredible speed and grace to chase down their targets.

Skelds - Snakemen humanoids with a natural aptitude for stealth operations and who, like their reptilian namesakes, can sense body heat in low-light environments. They can also see normally like humans during the day though, and are capable of speaking the modern tongue despite their serpentine tongues and tight, scaly lips.

Note - Several of these races are non-magical, including the following: Dark Elves, Orcs, Miithi, Errit, Goblins, and Giants.

These races do not have any magical potential, nor can they use any magical spells.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sign me up, can my character have dark magic (if not, I'll think of something else, sir/ miss...)?

Hoi there!

Due to the nature of the primary antagonist forces in the RP, I felt that saving "Dark" magic for them would be the best option. Shadowfare magic is about as close as I can offer, though my primary character is already designed around it and I don't know how you feel about playing a character with the same skill/ability as another. If you don't mind another character having it, you can still opt for Shadowfare magic.

To explain Shadowfare a bit more thoroughly from the basic description: It allows the user to manipulate the shadows, quite literally turning them into a quasi-physical form which can be lifted off the ground like a living curtain of blackness and used to hide the user (or just obscure vision in general), entrap an enemy by binding their legs with shadow shackles/tentacles/whatever you want to describe them as, and even allow the user to jump between shadows in one location and shadows in another nearby location. The distance over which one can travel across these shadows is dependent upon their skill, experience, and, to a lesser extent, their race.

Some races are non-magical. And I am noting which ones lack magic in my response to a previous post above this one. So please check it out when you have time!

Unfortunately, I have to respond with "no" to the first question. Angels don't exist in this RP, only Deities (aka the Gods). And, to reveal a minor spoiler, Demons are the primary antagonist force of the RP.

As for bad guy roles, I guess it depends.

Due to spoiler reasons, I cannot allow anyone to play as a Demon or a servant of the King of Evil (basically this RP's version of the Devil). To take on those roles would require you to understand what's going on behind the scenes, and again that would reveal MAJOR spoilers.

But if you wanted to create just a general bad guy kind of character with which to go around doing bad guy things, I guess I don't mind. I don't usually allow that due to the parallel-story environment it creates, but since this site allows multiple threads to be linked to one another the bad guy posts could always be contained in a separate thread from the main cast thread until such times as they cross paths.

So if you're still interested in participating, you can shoot me a pm and we can discuss further details. If you've read this and decided to pass, then I wish you well in your present and future RP endeavors!
It's fine! After looking through the playable species, I have another character in mind that hasn't been used, yet!

I'd love to join, if you still have room.

Hi there! Yes, we still have room. The RP is still in the finalization of the conception stage, and I have to flesh some things out and make the Extra Page threads so everyone can read up and know exactly what they're getting into before making final commitments. But for now, we have room. :D

Hi there!

Since you and others have asked about races, here is the complete list of playable humanoid races in the RP:

Humans - Self-explanatory.

Elves - Basic Elves. Light skin, pointy ears angled upwards, prideful, elegant, and arrogant.

Dark Elves - Sub-species of Elves. Darker skin, pointy ears angled downward, more physically inclined than Elves.

High Elves - Sub-species of Elves. Sunkissed skin, pointy ears out to the sides, darker hair.

Orcs - Large, powerful, but not tremendously intelligent humanoids with a brutish nature and dark skin between deep green and black. Non-Magical.

Dwarves - Stout humanoids who prefer mountains and caves to open cities and plains. Good with building and forging things, and are usually unable to resist the call of Gold.

Faeries - Humanoids with insect-like (typically butterfly) wings who can understand animals as if they're speaking the same language.

Nymphs - Humanoids who can become one with inanimate nature around them (like trees) for a short time (very draining on stamina to hold it). They can sense nature's distress, and summon creatures around them to aid them in times of need.

Miithi - Humans with at least two animal extremities such as a tail, ears, eyes, or claws. They can transform into an animal with the same body volume their human bodies occupied (terrestrial animals only). Non-Magical.

Aerolians - Humans with bird-like wings on their backs. They can survive high altitude conditions and fly on their own power.

Errit - Humanoids with bird wings instead of arms who, similarly to the Miithi, can transform into a fully bird form if the need arises. Non-Magical.

Merfolk - Humans who, when exposed to enough water on their bodies, transform the lower halves of their bodies into a fish tail to swim at high speeds and gills to breathe beneath the waves.

Goblins - Small humanoids, and a sub-species of Orcs. They're mischievous and kinniving, and often get into trouble with other races. Non-Magical.

Treants - Tree-like humanoids who move slowly, but are very, very strong and long-lived. Non-Magical.

Giants - Humanoids with massive stature, averaging 15' (4.5m) in height. Non-Magical.

Imps - Small humanoids with bat-like wings who are even more mischievous than Goblins. While not really threatening individually, in great numbers they can raze an entire city in a single night.

Succubi - Humanoid females who transform into vampiric creatures of the night to feed off of the life energy and lust of their favorite prey: men.

Kobolds - Small canine-like humanoids with a penchant for thievery and deception. Incredibly intelligent, but physically frail. Non-Magical.

Naiads - Humanoids with the ability to transform into plants (most commonly flowers or trees). They can also communicate with creatures in nature and sense the distress of their forest homes.

Spriggans - Tree-like humanoids with aggressive tendencies who protect their forest homes with their lives, even in peace times.

Sirens - All-female humanoids who sing songs near the sea to lure sailors to sink or crash their ships, and proceed to feed on the hapless fools.

Harosians - Primarily-male humanoids with heavily tattooed flesh whose preferred food source are human cattle. They are a heavy nuisance to humans especially.

Shemaians - Eyeless humanoids with thin, frail bodies who, despite their blindness, use a unique form of magic to "see" the world around them and can detect positive and negative energy sources.

Uranus - They are identical to humans in appearance, but the females of this species have a unique form of magic which allows them to manipulate the emotions of any individual of their choosing within a range of about fifteen feet (4.5m). This ability is very draining on their stamina, and can usually only be used once every few hours.

Sylthii - Hyenamen humanoids with a penchant for mercenary work. At around the same bipedal standing height as humans, and with a largely similar anatomy save their hips and ankles being more canine-like, they're able to run both bipedally and quadrupedally with incredible speed and grace to chase down their targets.

Skelds - Snakemen humanoids with a natural aptitude for stealth operations and who, like their reptilian namesakes, can sense body heat in low-light environments. They can also see normally like humans during the day though, and are capable of speaking the modern tongue despite their serpentine tongues and tight, scaly lips.

Note - Several of these races are non-magical, including the following: Dark Elves, Orcs, Miithi, Errit, Goblins, and Giants.

These races do not have any magical potential, nor can they use any magical spells.

Thanks!

Oh wow, good list. I'm leaning towards playing as a succubi... usually my cup of tea. Can't wait to read more about the lore and make my character :)

We're going to have a lot of Succubi then, as another friend of mine wants to play one as well. Lol.

I mean seductive vampires... pretty hot

Edit: We could start a group later and try to come up with something for the rp if multiple people wanted to play succubi, if the GM allows it. Like family or a succubi guild/cult kinda thing.

Hrm... I guess we'll see what happens.

We have a ways until the RP is ready to begin. Plenty of time to decide on whether or not to stick to a particular race.

Side Note - Many of the races are non-standard as far as humanoid races go. So there may be details you do and don't like about them. I am working on fully fleshing out their descriptions so you exactly what you're getting when and if you choose one.

Thanks!

Fair enough, I'll probably end up playing as something else once we get more details.

- but I'm a sucker for hot vampires if u know what I mean

I have posted an Extra Page for the humanoid races and updated each description to have a bit more info. I'm probably going to continue expanding on the information provided, so check back on it every now and then. :D

Race

If you guys have any questions about the races, don't hesitate to ask!

I mean seductive vampires... pretty hot

Edit: We could start a group later and try to come up with something for the rp if multiple people wanted to play succubi, if the GM allows it. Like family or a succubi guild/cult kinda thing.
My succubus would run a brothel and I had a thought that the three could be business partners XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back