• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval fantasy, power struggles, war and prophecies

Fru

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, Fru here.
I’m an old bean that needs more creative writing and roleplaying in my life and hope I can find a long term partner here…

Settings I prefer are medieval-ish fantasy or folklore historical. I like to build the world together with my partner and love well-thought lore that feels natural. Characters and plots should be morally grey in the sense that I loathe plots and characters where there is crystal clear what is good and what is evil. With that said I do not exclude plots or worlds where the majority might believe in one thing being good and the other evil.

Other than that, I prefer RP:s where there is both a larger plot that drives the story (ex: a war) and the characters own plot and story arc together (and preferably how it drives or affects the larger plot). Both me and my partner should drive the plot forward, but not without rushing good dialogue and character development.

What I offer (and looking for);
  • “Semi-literate”; longer post to put up a setting but otherwise I will not write more than 250-500 words and I expect that you won’t either. Please resist the urge to (over)explain. Quality over quantity! If anything is unclear, I will ask.
  • I’m 30+ and prefer to play with people that are 25+ (I won’t be comfortable writing with anyone under 20).
  • I have a busy life and I want you to respect that, as I will respect your life. Writing will be slow-paced at times. (If you want to ask “how slow paced”, then the answer is probably “too slow-paced for you”)
  • I communicate through discord and I expect you do too (the RP don’t necessarily need to be over discord)
  • Other than that, I just want to play and have fun and be creative.

• English is not my native language, so you’ll have to live with grammatical errors (as I will with yours).
  • I’m open to most plots in medieval fantasy and/or historical folklore. I like, but not limited to, plots that include politics and “courtly” intrigues so characters should be connected to the ruling class. Wars, power-struggles, forbidden romances and prophecies.
  • I don’t do fandoms.
  • I’m comfortable in both male and female roles.

I’m open for your plot suggestions, and welcome them. If you have none, here are two plot-ideas I have wanted to do in the past;

Medieval low-magic fantasy, political power-struggle;
The country is large with several provinces that are almost autonomous. My character is widowed after her husband was called in to fight for the king. She now rules the province in her son's name and recents the king. Your character could be;
1. an ambitious noble from another province that want help and support to overthrow the king
2. a leader from a bordering province that want to break free and form their own country

Medieval high-magic fantasy, prophecies;
The world is at the brink of war after a series of unfortunate events. My character is a part of a religious group (that have some likeness to templar knights), who believes in a prophecy that says that their goddess is reborn in -insert your character here-. They set out to find and protect her. My character has a lot of game-hooks in his background and the plot can take any direction.

Writing sample (from a viking au plot);

Svend did not linger to ask more questions or say what thoughts that were on his mind. There would be enough time on their journey for him to speak. So after sealing their deal and giving a confirming nod he went back to his own men.
They spent the night sleeping on their ship. It was the most convenient thing to do, partly because they could save on what little money they had left after the winter and partly because they needed to guard the ship after loading in. Though it didn’t bother Svend to be rocked to sleep by the silent movement of the fjord, he was restless enough to be up before Sól. Tracing his fingers over the brimrúnar that were carved into the prow of the ship he pondered what Brita had said the day before and what her objectives might be.
Though he’d guessed enough from what she’d said. Now he wondered more what part he had to play in this, what path he was meant to take. For he did believe in the fate the three sisters had weaved for him, be it spun off a dead sheep or not. He chuckled to himself as he recalled the spiteful words. About that moment heard light footfalls on the docks and turned his head to peer into the half light. He barely made out the blonde braid and decided to get up and off his boat onto the docks.
“I thought you said first light, and here you are before it,” he guessed that it was Brita that had arrived as he slowly approached, “You must be eager to leave.” He was now close enough to see that he had guessed right and stopped some feet away.
“I know I am,” he added with a small grin and looked out into the south where the fjord would open up into the sea. Looking back at Brita with a thoughtful frown and clicking his tongue he then continued.
“If you don’t mind me give you a word of caution… As I see it, Hartvigs son Ingolf will have to honor that favor as he owes your kin. If your fathers service helped Hartvig to unite Denmark, then Ingolf owes his kingdom to you. Though Ingolf is not called the Wolf of Denmark for nothing,” Svend paused and gave Brita a meaningful gaze. “He has made a name for himself and lives not only on old merits.”

Interested? Shoot me a PM with a presentation of yourself, plotideas and preferably a writing sample :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back