• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval Fantasy - Before the Storm [Interest Check]

Zariel

رئيس الملائكة
Roleplay Type(s)
1591401487975.png

Introduction

After being banished from Mount Yadulsk, the Sveljordian trickster deity, Ikol, plotted against his godly kin. Using all his guile, Ikol schemed to plunge the world in complete chaos and turmoil. An opportunity presented itself when Princess Anastasia of Galar visited the ice-ridden land that is the Sveljord.

The princess had made it a custom to attend the annual festival that takes place in celebration of the winter solstice. To the Sveljordians, this time is known as Yule. Torches light up the villages; children receive gifts; poets sing ballads of legends; lovers proclaim their intent for one another; people dance around the fire in the evening. It is a joyous period, but arguably the most anticipated event is The Grand Hunt. To mark the end of the festival, it is a tradition for the tribes to compete. Each tribe send their most skilled hunters, and mightiest warriors, to embark on a month-long journey in search of an offering. The task sounds simple, slay a beast as a sacrifice for the gods. However, the Sveljordian believe that the tribe which slays the mightiest beast will earn the favour of the gods for an entire year.

Much like previous years, Anastasia joined the hunt. She allied herself with the tribe of her close friend. But this year, while she was on a walk after setting up camp in the forest, she was approached by an impoverished old man who begged for her aid. Her benevolence is what drove her to help. Unbeknown to her, the man's frail appearance was a mere disguise, and it was, in fact, the duplicitous deity, Ikol. With flawless cunning, he deceived Anastasia into eating a golden apple from a Jormung tree. A fruit deemed too sacred for a mortal to consume. And so, through this inadvertent mistake, Ikol's plan set into motion.

Meanwhile, in the neighbouring nation of Galar, the sky rumbled as brooding dark storm clouds appeared out of nowhere, casting the entire country in premature twilight. Cities were set ablaze and blinded by flashes of white as bolts of lightning mercilessly crashed down from the heavens. A giant boom rolled across the capital—Heidel. The clouds gyrated, creating a single hole in the centre, from which a beacon of blue light fell. A figure descended, announcing her presence to the ruler and people of Galar. It was Izmir, the Sveljordian goddess of lightning. She reveals that she has imprisoned Princess Anastasia for her blasphemous crime and is ready to unleash the fury of the gods on Galar as punishment. The only way to save the princess and the destruction of the kingdom is to appease Izmir by accepting her challenge. Galar must offer its [X] finest heroes to complete 10 arduous labours as penance. After issuing her ultimatum, Izmir returned to Mount Yadulsk. Her body was no longer there, but her presence was felt by all as the storm persisted throughout Galar. With no other choice, the King summons the most elite group of knights at his service, the Wings of Valor...

TLDR

You will be playing as a member of the Wings of Valor. At the king's behest, you are among the chosen to complete the 10 tasks set by the Goddess Izmir. Something to note, one of my characters will be the leader of the Wings of Valor. She would've recruited not only some of the best knights in Galar but warriors, marksmen, hunters, scouts, mages, healers, paladins, guardians, druids, warlocks, assassins and many other weird and wonderful folk from across the world. There is a tale that goes with each of my character's comrades, explaining how she met them and why they joined the Wings of Valor.

Features

• Medieval-esque setting.
  • Multiple races (Although humans are the dominant species).
  • Magic filled world.
  • A mix of action, adventure and even slice of life elements.
  • A complete world map with different regions, many with their own cultures and pantheons.
  • Several regions to be explored.
  • Chance to obtain rare mounts and familiars.
  • Each character of the main cast will be given a specific arc that is either intertwined into the main story or separate to help with character development (I will personally work closely with players to come up with something we both agree on and can look forward to).
  • Side characters are allowed and encouraged to help add depth to the main cast.
  • OOC thread and Discord server will be available for discussions.

Rules

• Follow all RP Nation rules & guidelines.
  • For posting requirements, I request a minimum of a single paragraph at least once a week; no one-liners.
  • Communicate. If your post is going to be delayed for whatever reason, please let me and others know. We all have to live life, and it can get in the way, I get it, as should everyone else.
  • Be committed, please. This one may sound mean, but it's better for everyone. I'm sure we're all familiar with the situation, but too many times I've been in RPs that have died due to inactivity. When asked, a common response is that people 'lost interest'. If you're one of these people who are prone to ghost after a week or two of posting, I kindly request you not to express interest.
  • No godmoding/metagaming/power playing etc. It generally pisses a lot of people off and makes things unfair.
  • Fade to black if need be. Romance isn't prohibited by any means, but if things are about to get raunchy then just fade to black. That being said, mana transfer through bodily fluids (e.g. blood, semen, etc.) is a thing in this world so if it comes to it, again, do not be explicit. Fade to black...please.
  • On the topic of romance, if you want a relationship with another player's character please ask their permission first. This is to assure everyone's comfort.
  • No realistic faceclaims. Artwork and anime faceclaims are fine.
  • Absolutely no arguing OOC. Please settle disputes privately in PMs or seek my advice. If you cannot come to a sensible agreement then I will have the final say. There will be a maximum of two warnings before you are kicked.
  • If you have read all the rules above, please put ":D" after whatever message you enter below.
  • The most important rule. Have fun! ^^

Final message(s)

If this gets 3+ interest I'll post the OOC/character sheets/lore/FAQs threads. Until then, feel free to PM or post any questions below.

Thank you for taking the time to read. ^^

Links

OOC | Character sheets | Lore | FAQs | Main

Last edited:
One more thing, I thought I'd leave this map of the world here (it will also be placed in the lore page once that's up)...

_Jun5 22-50.png
To give you guys an idea, I'll draw parallels for each of these regions to IRL countries/continents/regions or whatever else you want to call them.

Galar / Fortia = EUW
Sveljord = Scandinavia
Ixtal = Central / South America
Bashuri = Africa
Nakashikita = East Asia
Valencia = South Asia / Middle-East
Grim Isles = I can't think of a RL equivalent for this one, but if you want a pirate-esque or black market dealer (or something of the like) this would probably where ur character originates from.

Since this virus situation happened, I haven't been able to play D&D and I've really been craving it. This looks like it could definitely help! I also really like the story of it already and I can tell you've put a lot of thought into everything.

For questions, are there any specific races that are not allowed or is it kind of a free for all so long as it's not overpowered?

Also, as requested: :D

Since this virus situation happened, I haven't been able to play D&D and I've really been craving it. This looks like it could definitely help! I also really like the story of it already and I can tell you've put a lot of thought into everything.

For questions, are there any specific races that are not allowed or is it kind of a free for all so long as it's not overpowered?

Also, as requested: :D
As long as the race is humanoid, it should be fine. That being said, though I'm not against it, I would prefer most of the cast to be human since it makes sense with them filling most of the planet.

As long as the race is humanoid, it should be fine. That being said, though I'm not against it, I would prefer most of the cast to be human since it makes sense with them filling most of the planet.

Sounds good! I'll try to keep the mostly human thing in mind, although I really love playing different races. Hopefully, there won't be too many other people wanting to play alternate races but it's not too big of a deal to me.

Sounds good! I'll try to keep the mostly human thing in mind, although I really love playing different races. Hopefully, there won't be too many other people wanting to play alternate races but it's not too big of a deal to me.
Like I said, if it turns out I'm the only one playing human characters I won't make a big deal out of it. Coz technically, it's entirely possible. I just prefer it. But again, not a big deal. ^^

Ayt guys, I live in the UK and it's currently 01:35 am here, so imma catch some Zs. But still, feel free to express interest, send me a PM with questions and whatnot. Just thought I'd give u a heads up if I don't answer any questions for hours. :P

I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a character. What kind of magic is in this universe, exactly?

Oh! Well, good night!
Since there are so many kinds, I'll say any for now. If I feel like there's a serious problem with what you pick I'll let uno. Otherwise, feel free to let ur brain go wild.

Pssst.... have u read all the rules? :P

Since there are so many kinds, I'll say any for now. If I feel like there's a serious problem with what you pick I'll let uno. Otherwise, feel free to let ur brain go wild.

Pssst.... have u read all the rules? :P
Alright. Got it! And oh! Forgot the emoji! Lemme add that.

I am interested as well
Quick question though: is necromancer included in "many other weird and wonderful folk from across the world" ? :D

I gotta say, this looks rather intriguing. Am definitely interested:D.

Here are the links to the following threads....

OOC:

Lore page (Currently a work in progress, but feel free to read the little that's up):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back