Media Transmigration (Discussion Closed)

I think it's a good idea to let players play fantasy races rather than forcing them to be stuck as humans. Whether you let them make their own race or just pick from a pool of options should be decided based on how much you value setting consistency versus player freedom, and how much you believe they would value it.

As for using hero forge, I can't really comment on that, never tried it before and I'm not sure how accessible for use (as in, simple versus complex) it is.
it can be relatively simple to use if you don't want to get super detailed. That's why I could provide templates. It would do 3/4 of the base work for them, and all they need to is tweak it a bit for personal taste (body dimensions, coloration, hairstyle, etc.). But if you really want to, you can get really, really detailed. This, especially if you get creative in how to manipulate the various assets.

nerdy tangents nerdy tangents
I would not want to assign a race to a player. If I was interested in an RP, a total turn-off would be if I had to play as a race assigned to my character at the GMs whim. I would most definitely let them choose. But maybe depending on what they are going for as far as character class or whatever, certain races would not fit into certain classes? I dunno. If it's a video game Media Transmigration, the classes thing will drop right in. But if it's something else, the classes thing will seem kinda clunky and forced in where it doesnt belong. The thought is still a WIP atm

So yeah I think I would iron out how you want things to work first then see about getting a Co-GM to help with the set up.

My last bit of advice is don’t focus too much on what you think people will like or how the source materials work. The beauty of an original roleplay is you get to make the rules to fit what is needed.

Thank you everyone for your opinions and advice. It was very helpful and insightful :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back