• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MECHS N' MONSTERS - [DnD-Inspired Kaiju X Mecha RP] - (Always Accepting!)

What kind of character are you interested in making?

• Total voters
WORK IN PROGRESS

(PICTURE PENDING)

Name: Jael Deirdre Mullan

DOB: July 2, 2042 (31)

Sex: Female

Height: 5'4''

Weight: 157 lbs.

Build: Chubby

Faction: KDF (Previously employed by Anchor Armorage Inc.)

Role: Engineer, Low-level Technician/Mechanic

Goals:
Do good work, get paid, enjoy the small pleasures in life

Personality:
Jael comes from a background of hard living. Having scraped by the skin of her teeth for her entire childhood and having continued that trend even into her teens and early adulthood. The hard knocks have gleaned an untrusting and selfish persona. Jael is loath to put her fate in anyone else's hands and has a "me first" mindset. She doesn't share credit, and she most definitely does not have a bleeding heart for those less fortunate than herself.

All that being said, she is also very proud of her accomplishments. She puts great effort into her work and is not shy about relaying her need for approval of a job well done. Though her part in the upkeep of KDF Mechas is not very sophisticated, Jael prides herself on the reliability of her work.

Because of the events of her past, Jael holds a burning vehemence against Kaiju. It may be the reason she works so hard to contribute to a Mecha's optimal operating condition. The young mechanic sees little difference in the Kaiju that have aligned themselves with the KDF and the ones that still run amok. To her, they are all a blight that made her life a living hell growing up. Jael would love nothing more than to see all Kaiju wiped from existence.

[1 - 20]
(Start with 25 given points; 1 point = 5 progress ticks)
Strength:

Dexterity:

Constitution:

Intelligence:

Wisdom:

Charisma:

Possessions:
Common items in Jael's possession are various tools for riveting, welding, dismantling, and assembling various components and systems of Mechas. While she has a small variety of more technical equipment, most of her arsenal are tools intended for more mechanical work and minor fabrication.

History:
In the winter of 2049, a heated battle between two Kaiju decimated the coastal town of Fairmouth Bay. Such was the destruction laid upon the area that the town never recovered. The remnants of Fairmouth that had not been laid to smoldering ruin was eventually abandoned by the survivors after many years of struggling to revive it. Jael had been seven years old at the time of the attack. She and both her parents had survived the attack, but her older brother had not been so fortunate. Aaron's death had struck her family hard, and Jael's mother in particular never managed to recover from a crippling depression. She died a few years later due to complications relating to her poor state of health. As a teen, Jael grew up with just her father. He managed to spur her interest into mechanics, teaching her all he knew about vehicular repair and rebuilding. Though she showed a great aptitude in the hard-part systems, the more technical aspects of computers and electronics alluded Jael's forte.

Taking apprenticeships into the mechanical field in her earliest working life, Jael battled social stigmas of the industry because of her sex. But eventually, she became a decently versed mechanic. The young woman worked mundane jobs for a few years until she managed to get her foot in the door with the Anchor Armorage Incorporation. At first, she was just riveting chassis and armor plating onto frames. But eventually, her workmanship gathered her enough favor to be brought onto more complicated and esteemed projects. Jael was soon working on weapons systems and the inner guts of Mechas coming off the line to be issued to new pilots from the academy. However, all her hard work was dashed in a factory accident that held her and a handful of other workers responsible. She was subsequently fired and blacklisted from any kind of work requiring high security clearance. She floundered for a few years in mediocre jobs, until finally finding employment with MESA Engineering, a KDF subsidiary company that put together minor systems for their Mechas. The company also offered pay incentives to mechanics with commercial driver's licenses. Jael quickly earned her CDL and now finds employment as both a mechanic as well as a driver for MESA Engineering. Jael not only assembles and repairs the components produced by MESA, but she can also regularly be found delivering the assembled systems from their facilities to larger KDF factories.

In her off time, Jael frequents bars, and often drinks too much. She has a tomboyish and aggressive demeanor and can be found picking fights and generally bitching about the state of the world when she's had too much to drink. Otherwise, she lives a simple and mundane life of punching a clock and paying her bills.

Extra:
TBA

Looking great so far! We can discuss stats for her whenever you are ready.

Looking great so far! We can discuss stats for her whenever you are ready.
sure thing. I got a little time before I gotta get to bed. But even if we leave off, we can pick up the convo later.

So I figure the stats should reflect her being stronger than your average gal. But she isn't like a bodybuilder or anything. Doesnt go to the gym or excersize or anything. its just on account of her occupation, pulling parts and lifting heavy iron and steel, etc.

Dexterity should be pretty okay since she works with her hands a lot. But she's not a magician or pickpocket.

She's smart enough to understand mechanics and some of the simpler electronics. But nothing super hi-tech and computer-y. More of a grease monkey than an engineer, tbh. Doesn't know much about Kaiju but what she sees on the news.

Socially, she's brash and has a chip on her shoulder. So I dunno how that would affect Charisma. She's decent looking (pending a good pic), but not a supermodel. And tbh, "good looking" is subject to personal taste, imo.

Also, is the personality part ok? I didn't know if you meant D&D alignments or what.

Last edited:
sure thing. I got a little before I gotta get to bed. But even if we leave off, we can pick up the convo later.

So I figure the stats should reflect her being stronger than your average gal. But she isn't like a bodybuilder or anything. Doesnt go to the gym or excersize or anything. its just on account of her occupation, pulling parts and lifting heavy iron and steel, etc.

She's smart enough to understand mechanics and some of the simpler electronics. But nothing super hi-tech and computer-y. She's brash and has a chip on her shoulder, so I dunno how that would affect charisma. She's decent looking (pending a good pic), but not a supermodel. And tbh, "good looking" is subject to personal taste, imo.

Also, is the personality part ok? I didn't know if you meant D&D alignments or what.

Yeah D&D alignments; so like Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil, Neutral Good, etc. You don't really need to add them in; but it can help to paint a rough idea what kind of character he/she is from a glance.

As for the personality, here's a suggestion of the point distribution based on what you've given me:

[1 - 20]
Strength: 5

Dexterity: 4

Constitution: 3

Intelligence: 5

Wisdom: 4

Charisma: 3

Basically, to me, she appears as more of a balanced "jack-of-all-trades" character, but sporting better strength - useful in hauling heavy resources -and intelligence - being a mechanic and knowing a few things about simple electronics. She has alright dexterity - being nimble enough to carefully deal with mechanical issues - and wisdom - perceptive enough to know what's wrong in the field as well as her skeptical personality with others. The lowest are constitution - she doesn't seem much of a fighter - and charisma - refers more to her 'untrusting and selfish' personality.

Feel free to alter these around to what you deem fit.

Yeah D&D alignments; so like Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil, Neutral Good, etc. You don't really need to add them in; but it can help to paint a rough idea what kind of character he/she is from a glance.

As for the personality, here's a suggestion of the point distribution based on what you've given me:

[1 - 20]
Strength: 5

Dexterity: 4

Constitution: 3

Intelligence: 5

Wisdom: 4

Charisma: 3

Basically, to me, she appears as more of a balanced "jack-of-all-trades" character, but sporting better strength - useful in hauling heavy resources -and intelligence - being a mechanic and knowing a few things about simple electronics. She has alright dexterity - being nimble enough to carefully deal with mechanical issues - and wisdom - perceptive enough to know what's wrong in the field as well as her skeptical personality with others. The lowest are constitution - she doesn't seem much of a fighter - and charisma - refers more to her 'untrusting and selfish' personality.

Feel free to alter these around to what you deem fit.
okie dokie, thanks for that
currently working on a pic for faceclaim. I'll edit it all in together when I'm done framing it up

okie dokie, thanks for that
currently working on a pic for faceclaim. I'll edit it all in together when I'm done framing it up
Can't wait! Love me some custom art for your characters!

Expect to see some of my own creature work presented here too

Can't wait! Love me some custom art for your characters!

Expect to see some of my own creature work presented here too
eh, its a picture reference. Finding a good model to fit the general idea in my head. just adding some effects and frame and such. not a big deal

eh, its a picture reference. Finding a good model to fit the general idea in my head. just adding some effects and frame and such. not a big deal
Ahhh I see - I also am a fan of frames and effects in my profile pics, so I feel that lol

Develius Develius
Okay, and I am DONE!
Interest made and OC finished in one evening! All from scratch, too. Sometimes I have a character basis that I work off of and have a head start, but this was done on the fly. lol

Develius Develius
Okay, and I am DONE!
Interest made and OC finished in one evening! All from scratch, too. Sometimes I have a character basis that I work off of and have a head start, but this was done on the fly. lol

Alrighty! She's accepted. Once I get the OCC and CS threads up, feel free to add her in. I expect to get it out either sometime in the weekend or early next week - depending on the traction.

Alrighty! She's accepted. Once I get the OCC and CS threads up, feel free to add her in. I expect to get it out either sometime in the weekend or early next week - depending on the traction.
yeah, no worries. I'm a patient gal. Getting groups together takes time.

I have a WIp version of the kaiju: Wanna see? (Btw This was originally from a Godzilla roleplay and during the time i was huge Lion lover)

Name: TRETIPK

Species: Experimented lion/plant hybrid

Alignment: "I'm a good guy, but i still won't forget what those humans did to me"

Appearance: Hunter is A 110 metered tall Lion/plant Kaiju hybrid. She has Dark Green colored fur, and The mane on her head is actually moss, Hunter has Two vine-like antennaes on the back of her head that are in her mane, She weighs about 50,000 tons, and she has Dark brown Bark spines going down the middle of her back. At the bottom of her paws have Roots attached, so she can get nutrients like any other kind of plant, she has eyes the color of a Dandylion, Hunter has a long tail, and at the tip of her tail is a Budded Rose. She has sharp fangs, she has a scar on her right eye.

Personality: WiP

Bio/History: Hunter was created in a lab called experiment 60-3, by the scientist, The scientist wanted a Kaiju that can fight and protect them from the other kaiju, they were impressed with what they created, and they raised her until she was five months old. so they pitted Hunter against other animals and the experiments they created. every time She either ended up losing or winning, it still didn't change a thing. They experimented on her, which caused her to cry out in pain. Hunter always tried to fight back, but she was always weak from little food and sunlight, Heavily Still WIP/ Revamping.

This sounds very interesting....
Love dnd and now with mech and kaiju?
already have a few ideas but wanna go through you Develius Develius before i go all in

Last edited:
E292C351-D91B-4F61-8367-9AFED19A11A2.jpeg

Name: Barodium, the Winged Fury

Description: Barodium’s tail is tipped with a kite-shaped fin, and his two legs are armed with two primary claws and a short “thumb” talon. His scales have a rough, volcanic texture, and a fiery internal glow radiates from his flesh. Smoke curls from his body like a burning fuel dump.

Age: Entirely unknown, normal means of determining his age are currently futile.

Tier: Currently a Tier IV, but Barodium is growing swiftly

Faction: Unaligned, Barodium is a loner in search of his own territory and conquests

Goals: To feed, and to defeat rivals who would encroach on his feeding grounds.

Personality: Barodium is solidly Chaotic Neutral, an opportunistic predator who rarely cooperates with anything else. He’s a loner, who patrols vast areas in search of nuclear power or smaller Kaiju he can kill and devour. In battle, he’s a feral and intelligent foe, going for the throat and similar weak points with a rage usually reserved for honey badgers.

Stats:
[1 - 20]
Size: (Height/Length/Weight) - Starting Height Max 50m (Free)
45 meters tall, 100 meters long, weighing a solid 30,000 tons

Strength: (How strong is your character? Can it lift things twice its size or barely lift a boulder?)

Dexterity: (How fast/agile is your character? Can it dart around the battlefield and bounce off walls or is it slow and chunky?)

Constitution: (How durable/defensive is your character? Can it tank a lot of damage or is it a glass cannon?)

Intelligence: (How clever is your character? Do they know a lot of information or was it born just yesterday?)

Wisdom: (How perceptive is your character? Does it know things others may not or does it focus only on what’s directly in front of it?)

Charisma: (How influential is your character? Is it popular or scary enough to get what it wants or is it avoided by others like the plague?)

Powers/Abilities: (5 starting slots; see Powers/Points below)
  • - Flight- Barodium can fly at supersonic speeds, reaching Mach 2
  • - Fiery Breath- Barodium can exhale a burning rush of liquid fire, spreading and clinging like hyperactive napalm to any available surface.
  • - Burning Shroud- Barodium can engulf itself in a wash of heat and fire, melting steel and stone.
  • - Strafing Claws- Barodium can strafe a target at high speeds, slashing deeply into them with razored claws

History: (Not much at the moment)

Extra: (Theme Song + Missions/Campaigns participated - Etc)

Develius Develius

Hello! I’ve probably done this wrong to some degree, so feel free to correct my mistakes!

Last edited:

Name: Barodium, the Winged Fury

Description: Barodium’s tail is tipped with a kite-shaped fin, and his two legs are armed with two primary claws and a short “thumb” talon. His scales have a rough, volcanic texture, and a fiery internal glow radiates from his flesh. Smoke curls from his body like a burning fuel dump.

Age: Entirely unknown, normal means of determining his age are currently futile.

Tier: Currently a Tier IV, but Barodium is growing swiftly

Faction: Unaligned, Barodium is a loner in search of his own territory and conquests

Goals: To feed, and to defeat rivals who would encroach on his feeding grounds.

Personality: Barodium is solidly Chaotic Neutral, an opportunistic predator who rarely cooperates with anything else. He’s a loner, who patrols vast areas in search of nuclear power or smaller Kaiju he can kill and devour. In battle, he’s a feral and intelligent foe, going for the throat and similar weak points with a rage usually reserved for honey badgers.

Stats:
[1 - 20]
Size: (Height/Length/Weight) - Starting Height Max 50m (Free)
45 meters tall, 100 meters long, weighing a solid 30,000 tons

Strength: (How strong is your character? Can it lift things twice its size or barely lift a boulder?)

Dexterity: (How fast/agile is your character? Can it dart around the battlefield and bounce off walls or is it slow and chunky?)

Constitution: (How durable/defensive is your character? Can it tank a lot of damage or is it a glass cannon?)

Intelligence: (How clever is your character? Do they know a lot of information or was it born just yesterday?)

Wisdom: (How perceptive is your character? Does it know things others may not or does it focus only on what’s directly in front of it?)

Charisma: (How influential is your character? Is it popular or scary enough to get what it wants or is it avoided by others like the plague?)

Powers/Abilities: (5 starting slots; see Powers/Points below)
  • - Flight- Barodium can fly at supersonic speeds, reaching Mach 2
  • - Fiery Breath- Barodium can exhale a burning rush of liquid fire, spreading and clinging like hyperactive napalm to any available surface.
  • - Burning Shroud- Barodium can engulf itself in a wash of heat and fire, melting steel and stone.
  • - Incendiary Bite- Barodium’s black, broken-glass fangs can cause spontaneous combustion of what they bite.
  • - Strafing Claws- Barodium can strafe a target at high speeds, slashing deeply into them with razored claws

History: (Not much at the moment)

Extra: (Theme Song + Missions/Campaigns participated - Etc)

Develius Develius

Hello! I’ve probably done this wrong to some degree, so feel free to correct my mistakes!
Looking good! Just want to clarify on 2 major things:

1). Points are incorporated by how many slots an ability can be utilized.
IE: Flight costs 2 points, and thus will take 2 slots; leaving 3 slots left. My recommendation in this instance is investing in elemental mastery (fire) (=2 slots)* and a beam attack (=1 slot). When you gain more points, you can add more specific abilities to the sheet.
*Keep 2 of the 3 specific abilities - Burning Shroud, Incendiary Bite, and/or Strafing Claws - to keep things more specific.
2). In stats, as stated, each progress tick of 1 point = 5 points. So say, you have a Charisma of 5, it would be 5x5= 25 total ticks in total.

Strength:

Code:
[thinprogress=25]5 | 5 points x 5% tick mark = progress of 25%[/thinprogress]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back