• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MECHS N' MONSTERS - [DnD-Inspired Kaiju X Mecha RP] - (Always Accepting!)

What kind of character are you interested in making?

• Total voters
"Crikey! The possibility of seeing a King Kaiju could be groundbreaking for science! If it doesn't melt my brain just by seeing it I mean."

My guy

Develius Develius
So I'm not the most well-versed in the whole Godzilla Kaiju thing. But I get the general concept. Something between Pacific Rim, the KingKong/Godzilla movies, and King of Monsters video game, right?

I have a notion of a character I'd like to include in this RP. I'd like to play as a mechanic for a Mecha. But... is this a system RP? With all the stats and such, this seems like it's gearing up to be a system RP. Which goes in a different section of the site.

I have no idea how to deal with the stats thing you got going on. I wouldn't even know how to apply it to my character if I'm just wanting to be a Mecha mechanic. I'm guessing the Powers and Abilities definitely do not apply. But that aside what do the stats DO? Are they superficial, or are we rolling dice? Because if we are rolling dice, then this RP request definitely goes HERE, instead.

Last edited:
Develius Develius
So I'm not the most well-versed in the whole Godzilla Kaiju thing. But I get the general concept. Something between Pacific Rim, the KingKong/Godzilla movies, and King of Monsters video game, right?

I have a notion of a character I'd like to include in this RP. I'd like to play as a mechanic for a Mecha. But... is this a system RP? With all the stats and such, this seems like it's gearing up to be a system RP. Which goes in a different section of the site.

I have no idea how to deal with the stats thing you got going on. I wouldn't even know how to apply it to my character if I'm just wanting to be a Mecha mechanic. I'm guessing the Powers and Abilities definitely do not apply. But that aside what do the stats DO? Are they superficial, or are we rolling dice? Because if we are rolling dice, then this RP request definitely goes HERE, instead.

Yes, this pretty much leans with traditional kaiju media like those mentioned here, with some twists and avenues to make it more interesting and accessible.

Dice won't be a major factor in the game by default; it's merely an option that CAN be utilized in certain terms and situations if the host of the RP deems it so. I've seen other RPs with discord servers that have a "dice bot" if such situations arise.

Yeah special powers/abilities aren't necessarily required for a human CS, depending on what you're going for. If you're a fighter with special powers, you can, but its not needed if you're more of a basic support class (although I think it can be fun/interesting; but even so we can make it work). I left it there if there's any humans/aliens that WANT to utilize some "special" abilities depending on their roles, but I'll make a few edits to that sheet to make it more known.

I also added "possessions" section for the human CS to keep track with what you utilize (tools, basic firearms, momentos, etc).

Yes, this pretty much leans with traditional kaiju media like those mentioned here, with some twists and avenues to make it more interesting and accessible.

Dice won't be a major factor in the game by default; it's merely an option that CAN be utilized in certain terms and situations if the host of the RP deems it so. I've seen other RPs with discord servers that have a "dice bot" if such situations arise.

Yeah special powers/abilities aren't necessarily required for a human CS, depending on what you're going for. If you're a fighter with special powers, you can, but its not needed if you're more of a basic support class (although I think it can be fun/interesting). I left it there if there's any humans/aliens that WANT to utilize some "special" abilities depending on their roles, but I'll make a few edits to that sheet to make it more known.

I'll also add a "possessions" section for the human CS to keep track with what you utilize (tools, basic firearms, momentos, etc).
okies, cool. So... I dunno, I'll leave the stats thing for last, since I really dont know what I should put. But I'm definitely interested in an Engineer role, though focusing more on the mechanical "grease monkey" trope than a super-smart systems technician. Not looking for a role of high prestige or anything like that. More like a low-level wrench-turning type of thing, ya know?

okies, cool. So... I dunno, I'll leave the stats thing for last, since I really dont know what I should put. But I'm definitely interested in an Engineer role, though focusing more on the mechanical "grease monkey" trope than a super-smart systems technician. Not looking for a role of high prestige or anything like that. More like a low-level wrench-turning type of thing, ya know?

I can also help out with the stats if you need help.

An "honest work" fella is always welcomed! No harm, no foul with that - I'd love to see what you come up with.

The encounter with this Kaiju kinda brought my guy down the road to the whole Kaiju conservation route he has found himself in. He's not a Kaiju cultist by any means but believes Kaiju are often overly stereotyped while still understanding many of them can still be very dangerous.

The encounter with this Kaiju kinda brought my guy down the road to the whole Kaiju conservation route he has found himself in. He's not a Kaiju cultist by any means but believes Kaiju are often overly stereotyped while still understanding many of them can still be very dangerous.
That's a common train of thought for a good amount of people/scientists/etc these days; even the KDN itself understands this concept since after the Great War, save for a few pragmatic figures that is. They want to understand how and where they came from, while still protecting humanity and seeing how to co-exist with some of them.

I really want to make a Kaiju That was an Experiment... And quite liked a human who wasn't mean.

Meanwhile, my Kaiju is a mutated creature from the Ice Age that became the way it did from a nuclear incident.

I have to go now, but see you on Monday.

I really want to make a Kaiju That was an Experiment... And quite liked a human who wasn't mean.
There's definitely shady black market/corrupt corporate organizations that really are into that.

Some maybe, maybe not related to the KDN, oh boy

There's definitely shady black market/corrupt corporate organizations that really are into that.

Some maybe, maybe not related to the KDN, oh boy
Well watch out world The Raging Experiment That Is an Problem Kajiu is here

Well watch out world The Raging Experiment That Is an Problem Kajiu is here

Actually thinking about it, your kaiju character would be PERFECT for the "session 0 mission" I have planned for the kaiju players.

(Feel free to hop on the discord!)

(tbh i don't have a discord..)

well I can help in this mission any way possible without messing it up.

85c49d785919a76ebb3592e6f32ed6f15a753bc8.png

Name: Jael Deirdre Mullan

DOB: July 2, 2042 (31)

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5'4''

Weight: 157 lbs.

Build: Chubby/Stocky

Eyes: Hazel

Hair: Dirty Blonde

Faction: KDF (Previously employed by Anchor Armorage Inc.)

Role: Engineer, Low-level Technician/Mechanic

Goals:
  • Do good work
    • Get paid
  • Try not to get fired
  • Enjoy the small pleasures in life

Personality:
Jael comes from a background of hard living. She scraped through life by the skin of her teeth for her entire childhood and continuing that trend even into her teens and early adulthood. These hard knocks have gleaned an untrusting and selfish persona. Jael is loath to put her fate in anyone else's hands and has a "me first" mindset. She doesn't share credit, and she most definitely does not have a bleeding heart for those less fortunate than herself. All that being said, she is also very proud of her accomplishments. She puts great effort into her work and is not shy about relaying her need for approval of a job well done. Though her part in the upkeep and production of KDF Mechas is not very sophisticated, Jael prides herself on the reliability of her work.

Because of the events of her past, Jael holds a burning vehemence against Kaiju. It may be the reason she works so hard to contribute to a Mecha's optimal operating condition. The young mechanic sees little difference in the Kaiju that have aligned themselves with the KDF and the ones that still run amok. To her, they are all a blight that made her life a living hell growing up. Jael would love nothing more than to see all Kaiju wiped from existence.

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 4

Constitution: 3

Intelligence: 5

Wisdom: 4

Charisma: 3

Possessions:
Common items in Jael's possession are various tools for riveting, welding, dismantling, and assembling various components and systems of Mechas. While she has a small variety of more technical equipment, most of her arsenal are tools intended for more mechanical work and minor fabrication.

History:
In the winter of 2049, a heated battle between two Kaiju decimated the coastal town of Fairmouth Bay. Such was the destruction laid upon the area that the town never recovered. The remnants of Fairmouth that had not been laid to smoldering ruin was eventually abandoned by the survivors after many years of struggling to revive it. Jael had been seven years old at the time of the attack. She and both her parents had survived, but her older brother had not been so fortunate. Aaron's death had struck her family hard, and Jael's mother in particular never managed to recover from a crippling depression. She died a few years later due to complications relating to her poor state of health. As a teen, Jael grew up with just her father. He managed to spur her interest into mechanics, teaching her all he knew about vehicular repair and rebuilding. Though she showed a great aptitude in the hard-part systems, the more technical aspects of computers and electronics alluded Jael's forte.

Taking apprenticeships into the mechanical field in her earliest working life, Jael battled social stigmas of the industry because of her sex. But eventually, she became a decently versed mechanic. The young woman worked mundane jobs for a few years until she managed to get her foot in the door with the Anchor Armorage Incorporation. At first, she was just riveting chassis and armor plating onto frames. But eventually, her workmanship gathered her enough favor to be brought onto more complicated and esteemed projects. Jael was soon working on weapons systems and the inner guts of Mechas coming off the line to be issued to new pilots from the academy. However, all her hard work was dashed in a factory accident that held her and a handful of other workers responsible. She was subsequently fired and blacklisted from any kind of work requiring high security clearance. She floundered for a few years in mediocre jobs, until finally finding employment with MESA Engineering, a KDF subsidiary company that put together minor systems for their Mechas. The company also offered pay incentives to mechanics with commercial driver's licenses. Jael quickly earned her CDL and now finds employment as both a mechanic as well as a driver for MESA Engineering. Jael not only assembles and repairs the components produced by MESA, but she can also regularly be found delivering the assembled systems from their facilities to larger KDF factories.

In her off-time Jael frequents bars, keeping company with rough crowds of her kindred spirits. She has a tomboyish and aggressive demeanor and can be found picking fights and generally bitching about the state of the world when she's had too much to drink. Otherwise, she lives a simple and mundane life of punching a clock and paying her bills.

Extra:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back