• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mechs, Mercenaries and Misadventures

Kithawk

(I’m new to the forum so forgive me if this is a little light on formatting.)
F8AEEC77-6FAA-4706-920E-F4908D29C9A2.jpeg
The year is 2430, the location: Puerto Ventura, a rundown shithole of a space station orbiting the colony of Atakas Feehold. A dried up volatile mining world sponsored by Dala Heavy Industries. The whole station reeks of dead dreams, cheap drugs, a lack of prospects and carcinogens. How you ended up on this god forsaken planet orbiting this god forsaken rock, well that’s up to you, all that matters is you want off of it. As you wander the station, your last few credits burning a hole in your pocket, you happen upon a mercenary bar. It’s been a long day and your feet are tired from drudging around the slums of the station, you figure you could use a drink, it’s not like there’s anything better to be doing and so you pop in.
C32E8CA9-B486-4E46-95F5-312A5524E933.jpeg
You walk over to the bar, unsavory looking figures staring at you as you pass by and find a seat far away from any other patrons. The bartender approaches you and asks “what can I do you for.” Before entering into an intense fit of coughing. You ask for a beer or some other form of cheap alcohol, it probably doesn’t matter it’s all the same synthetic soy based liquor anyway. The bartender fetches your drink and you tap your credit stick to his tapper in lue of payment moves to go onto the next customer, as he walks away, you tap him on the sleeve and ask if he knows of any work. He points behind you to holoboard that seems to display contracts when its not flickering. You down the rest of your drink and walk over to the board. All the other listings are taken except one. A cheesy looking advert from a Captain Collin Hill that reads like an old infomercial

“ down on your luck? Looking for Adventure? In need of Credits? If any of these descriptors fits you, come on down to frame 12, Slip C, and ask for a Captain Hill. Don’t wait, We are shipping out at tonight at 21:00”
This is my first time doing something like this in a while. I’m hoping to gain three or four people to RP with, if someone wants to play the “Dm” or Collin Hill, that’s fine by me although I’m capable of leading it. I’ve always wanted to do a SiFi mercenary RP, but have never been able to find the right group. I’m used to playing without dice or rolls or whatever so I’m fine with anything, but I will call people out for godmodding. The idea is we all start out as a bumbling band of misfits and over time gain better gear and skills. Once I see this gains more traction I’ll start figuring out a system for a market or keeping track of how much money everyone gets off of contracts.

Will make a character sheet if people show interest

I look forward to RPing with anyone interested. If I’ve fd up in any way please tell me so I can fix it
OOC

Last edited:
I have played DnD for 15 years with half of that having experience as a DM in pen and paper games such as Dnd, Starfinder, Star Trek, and nWoD. I have also been writing on forums for the last 5 years. :-)

I have played DnD for 15 years with half of that having experience as a DM in pen and paper games such as Dnd, Starfinder, Star Trek, and nWoD. I have also been writing on forums for the last 5 years. :-)
That’s great would you be interested in DMing in some capacity, or playing the captain?

I'd be fine just playing. I'm currently running two group threads right now; Light in the Darkness which is a fantasy adventure and Birth of Nations which is an empire building story/game. I don't want any extra threads that I'm in charge of or else I might overload myself. :-D

I'd be fine just playing. I'm currently running two group threads right now; Light in the Darkness which is a fantasy adventure and Birth of Nations which is an empire building story/game. I don't want any extra threads that I'm in charge of or else I might overload myself. :-D
Ah shame to hear that, but welcome aboard. I’ll wait for any more intrest then I’ll start developing this further

I'm interested!
Been playing tabletop rpgs for a long, long time. SF games are my favorites.
I've been in and out of a few games here.
About my preferences for forum games -
  • I like a game with some rules - otherwise they seem to get out of hand
  • An expectation that you participate on a near-daily basis but not all day long - I have other demands on my time and get frustrated when I fall behind on the action
If you think I'm a fit for what you're envisioning then that'd be great. If you have a different preference then that's great, too!

count me in. Hell, if you need idea for gear just pm me. also dibs on the guy that makes the crazy tech and tests it out on his foes lol
also is it strictly human characters?

Uhhh well shit this blew up, I’ll start up a character app sheet and dm a few people. I’m sorry for being absent for so long, won’t happen again.

Also if anyone knows where to set up an OOC board and a character app sheet please let me know

Uhhh well shit this blew up, I’ll start up a character app sheet and dm a few people. I’m sorry for being absent for so long, won’t happen again.

Also if anyone knows where to set up an OOC board and a character app sheet please let me know

Oh thanks, already got one up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back