• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ME: Andromeda Overhaul Interest Check

Alexander Time

Time Traveler
This RP would follow the general premise of ME: Andromeda, but I would be doing an almost complete overhaul of the story. Presumably, by clicking this thread, you aren't particularly worried about spoilers from the game, and even so, I will mostly be talking about the aliens/setting it takes place in. I'll introduce a more detailed plot if this generates enough interest.

Okay, so in the 22nd century, sometime during the events of Mass Effect 2 (specifically the Lazarus project), 4 ARKs will embark to the Andromeda system;
The Hyperion: Human ARK
The Leusinia: Asari ARK
The Natanus: Turian ARK
The Paarchero: Salarian ARK
Each ARK carries a contingent of Krogan meant for added defense in case something goes wrong.
The Nexus will not exist.

The concept of "golden worlds" will exist, but it wont matter as much at first, as the beginning of the plot will follow the establishment of a capital world, where the central government of the Andromeda Initiative will be located. The Kett and Angara will not exist as they do in canon, they'll either be wiped from the story completely, or their likeness used at a later point.

So far, this is what I have, if you're interested, please let me know! I'll add detail and explanation if this garners enough attention, this just covers the very basics. I personally love the Mass Effect universe, so the chance to RP in it would be a lot of fun!

Interested. Andromeda is just full of plot points that didn't make much sense in the game. Like why they didn't send everyone on the Nexus instead of the Arks despite the Nexus not only getting there first, but being larger than all of them combined.

I'm interested in this, I would like to see what kind of rewrites you have in mind~
Will we be playing the "Tempest crew" for the RP, or something that'm more inclusive of all the Arks? Alexander Time Alexander Time

RoarkSouth RoarkSouth My thoughts too. Not only that, but the waste of it all. If you're going to take 600 years to travel to a place that you're not positive will work out, you're going to need all the resources you can get.

IG42 IG42 Yes, Quarian, Drell, Hanar, Volus, these species will arrive on their own ARK at a later point in the story. Given the complexity of each races' biology and needs. Anyone would be welcome to create two characters, one for use in the initial part of the story, and one for use upon the arrival of the Quarian ARK.

Katakon Katakon We'll be playing something more inclusive of all the Arks. The general idea is that before the establishment of outposts and colonies across the golden worlds the races will work together to establish a capital world, with, naturally, challenge along the way. I think this could open up further RP opportunity further down the line for, say, a Turian-exclusive RP as they attempt to establish their own colony (but I'm getting ahead of myself).

RoarkSouth RoarkSouth My thoughts too. Not only that, but the waste of it all. If you're going to take 600 years to travel to a place that you're not positive will work out, you're going to need all the resources you can get.

IG42 IG42 Yes, Quarian, Drell, Hanar, Volus, these species will arrive on their own ARK at a later point in the story. Given the complexity of each races' biology and needs. Anyone would be welcome to create two characters, one for use in the initial part of the story, and one for use upon the arrival of the Quarian ARK.

Katakon Katakon We'll be playing something more inclusive of all the Arks. The general idea is that before the establishment of outposts and colonies across the golden worlds the races will work together to establish a capital world, with, naturally, challenge along the way. I think this could open up further RP opportunity further down the line for, say, a Turian-exclusive RP as they attempt to establish their own colony (but I'm getting ahead of myself).

Okay, I have another question?
Will each Ark carry others council species in a genetically viable number? Like the creators of the Initiative must've been worried about an Ark getting destroyed and an entire race being effectively wiped out in Andromeda?

Totally interested. As long as romance would still be a possibility (though not a requirement), especially if canons would still be an option. I have a working idea for a cool OC.

How about instead of trying to put duct tape on the duct tape, we just go back to the milky way and do an overhaul of everything after ME2 (or maybe everything after the omega relay since ME2's ending wasn't superb either)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back