• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Mayday Unanswered - An Island Survival RP

OnyxMule

Mod Podge
A flight from Florida to Australia crashes on a tropical island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, some of the passengers survive.
Soon they realize that no one is coming.
Where are they? How do they survive? Are they alone? Who knows what could be lurking in the jungles of this seemingly uninhabited island, and what mysteries are waiting to be uncovered.

This RP will be heavily focused on character and survival, with a story that will unravel as the island is explored, and change depending on characters and their actions. The characters will, after organizing, work to fill a role in camp, with a leader becoming apparent as the characters get to know each other. The style will be realistic. You get hit, you get hurt, et.c. The camp will need food, water and shelter.
The RP will be set in modern time, today.
I want the posts to uphold decent quality. I can be fairly lenient, but ultimately the posts have to be enjoyable and easy to read. If you feel that your english might not hold up, then this RP might sadly not be for you.
The rules will be pretty simple and easy to follow with common sense;
  • No godmodding, at all. No overpowered characters, no controlling other characters et.c. You know the deal (don't hesitate to ask if you don't know the deal).
  • Controlled combat. You can't fight another player's character unless you have an agreement with the player. Always give the other character an option to avoid the fight. Communicate. Talk in the OOC of the wishes and outcome and make sure you have an agreement. Injuring or killing another character without permission is essentially godmodding.
  • No sexual content, since it isn't allowed on the site, this should be fairly obvious. If two characters absolutely must engage in sexual intercourse, don't write the actions out. Just say that it happened the next day basically. I think that's allowed on the site.
  • Check your writing. Make sure that you write with as good quality as you can. If your character is asked a question in conversation, don't just simply reply to the question. Write out the thoughts of your character. There will be no minimum word count or something like that in the posts. It's the content that matters. Just make sure to flesh out your posts.
If you're interested, just let me know with a post!
If you have any questions, just ask and I'll get back to you with an answer as soon as I can!

Last edited:
Glad to see you guys are interested! The OOC and CS threads will be up by the weekend, so people who haven't seen this thread will have their chance if they're interested, and you'll have plenty of time to form an understanding of what type character you'd like to play!
The maximum character limit will be 2-3, depending on how many more people are interested.
Moldie Moldie unscripted unscripted SmolKitten SmolKitten elskagalla elskagalla s u n s u n Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

Last edited:
So what characters are you looking to play? Personally, I'm currently working on a young successful psychotherapist.

Last edited:
Oh, and im thinking of making an aussie uni student who was in Florida as part of her course [Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences with a Master in Animal Science] and on her way home to continue her studies before the plane went down. Depending on when the rp is set, she could be finishing her second year, or already into her third year~

If you will accept me into the RP I would like to make a character that's a female tattoo artist and one that is a male but I still have to think of what he would do for a living.

Could you tag me once you get the pages set up and all? I'd be interested in taking a look, at least. Don't know what sort of character I would use, I'm thinking about a bookworm-ish person. I noticed that somebody mentioned making a History teacher, so since that's something I'm personally very interested in, might see about working that in somehow. I do have a modern-day veterinary assistant that might be useful.

Great! CS and OOC thread will probably be up tomorrow (Saturday). I will mass-tag all of you when they go up, so that you can start filling in the sheet if you're still interested! When the threads are up, I will set a deadline for when the characters should be finished.
I have some ideas and plans of what will be found while exploring the island, but no full plot is really concrete at the moment. I'm thinking that the story should be and will be shaped by our characters.

The OOC and CS threads are now up and running! They are kind of rushed to be honest, but I wanted to get them up today. I will probably update some of the structure in the initial character sheet, but I will notify you guys in the OOC when I do! I also updated the name of the RP. My intent was never for it to be named "Plane Crash", just wanted people to quickly see what kind of RP this will be.
I'll see you in the OOC!

Character Sheets: Mayday Unanswered (Character Sheets)
Out-Of-Character chat: Mayday Unanswered (OOC)

Moldie Moldie unscripted unscripted SmolKitten SmolKitten elskagalla elskagalla s u n s u n Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011 thumbelinaaa thumbelinaaa myst.erion myst.erion NexNight NexNight SpookySableye SpookySableye AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath

Moldie Moldie unscripted unscripted elskagalla elskagalla s u n s u n thumbelinaaa thumbelinaaa myst.erion myst.erion AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath adrian_ adrian_
Just letting you guys know that the IC is going up on Wednesday, and that you basically have until then to create your characters if you are still interested. If you are working on your sheet, please let me and the others know in the OOC thread. The RP will be closed when everyone who has posted a sheet of their characters and expressively said that they are going to partake has posted their introduction in the IC. This is estimated to be this weekend. In other words, this is the final week of application and character creation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back