• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Maybe Tomorrow | No longer accepting characters

Bravado

buster

Introduction

It started much in the same way that the media always portrayed it would. A simple bite, and then the turn. It's hard to think that with as much exposure as this outbreak's possibility had that the government wouldn't have a plan. But they didn't. To them, and to many, it had always been nothing short of fiction. There were very few that were truly prepared for this eventuality, for the dead to start walking and to start hunting us. Once everyone realized what was happening, they began evacuating, starting with the massive cities and ushering civilians into military strongholds. But, with little knowledge of what to look for, many infected slipped into those fortresses and shredded them apart from the inside.

For those in small towns it didn't matter anyway, the military was prioritizing large cities, trying to secure them and failing miserably. It only took four weeks for most cities to become desolate ghost towns, full of groaning corpses. There are some that managed to make it this far, they are grouped together on the outskirts of Richmond, Virginia

Setting

Where: The outskirts of Richmond, Virginia in a place called Roxbury, the group has set up a rudimentary camp in a timber yard
HkXiEGE.png

When: Modern day, it has been four weeks since the outbreak, things are still fresh and the group of survivors still barely know each other.

Current Mission: Currently the group is in search of supplies, they are planning an excursion to the city to find what they need.

The Group

Mathew "Matty" Hughes - Male - 21, penned by Bravado
Brandon Brooks - Male - 35, penned by screaming armadillo
Uriah Sloane - Male - 19, penned by Spellsword_Kirov
Ailin Lorrii - Female - 17, penned by Jaellagirl
Noah Hughes - Male - 7, penned by Bravado
Cassidy Anne Sinclair - Female - 22, penned by -Mork-
Lena Moore - Female - 37, penned by Nue

Rules

1. This is a casual roleplay, I'm not expecting posts every day or anything of that sort. I do however require at least one post a week, just so that we can keep things moving along within the roleplay.

2. All of RPNation's rules apply here, of course.

3. OOC Drama is to be avoided, if I see it I will refer it to staff.

4. Characters must be accepted before you may play.

5. No "perfect" characters. This roleplay revolves a lot around flaws in characters and many of the conflicts that I hope will rise will come from those, but conflict cannot rise from perfection.

6. You are not to make any extreme changes that will affect the roleplay without consent from me. This doesn't mean that you can't help to propel the story, I welcome it in fact, but it does mean that you have to check in with me first.

7. This isn't a rule as much as it is a suggestion, but it'd be great for those that get accepted to join the Discord as it's a much easier way to communicate and results in quicker answers if you have questions about anything.

8. When creating your characters I do require a written description (it doesn't need to be super detailed or anything.) You may also include a picture if you desire, though I'd prefer them to be real pictures as opposed to anime style.

9. When creating your characters, I would prefer if their skills coincided with their history and their age. For example, a 17 year old High School student would not have the skill set of a trained marine. Nor would a 65 year old woman have the physical prowess of somebody younger than her. I ask for realism.

10. Accepted characters will receive a heart reaction.

11. One-liners will not be accepted, I require at least one good paragraph per post, as one-liners do nothing to move a story along.

12. I will only be accepting 10 role players into this role play, and a role player is only accepted after finalizing their character sheets. Current # of slots open: 0

Important Links

OOC
Character Sheet

Last edited:
This is just a casual zombie roleplay, if you're at all interested feel free to go ahead and join the discord and once I see that there are a good number of those interested I will post the link to the Character sheets

This is exactly the kind of story I need.
I just need something that gets straight to the action.
Tag me when you set up the character sheets.
I'll come back within three days or so.
Can't make a better promise than that.

Uuh this sounds promising. I may not be the best post writer but this story is worth a shot.

Certainly do count me in please! Bravado Bravado I quite enjoy the fact that we're using a real place so we can track our actual movements through Google-maps! :P ~ Made-up places are fun and all but it's difficult to keep a detailed account of what's around us. I can certainly see us visiting the places around, maybe even the Airport to the west for possible supply runs and seeing if any of the aircraft are functional. ^_^ You have that small National Guard recruiters station nearby as well so someone that wants to make a military themed character could be more plausible than some Navy-Seal-Commando-Veteran-Master-Chief-Know-It-All-Badass-Captain-Major-Main-Character-Can't-Die-Sergeant-1st-Class-Asshat. ;)

Talking of characters, i'd be interested in perhaps playing as a part-time Fire-fighter from the Henrico Firestation 2 that's just south of the Airport. His normal job would be a self-employed electrician within the Richmond area! :D

Certainly do count me in please! Bravado Bravado I quite enjoy the fact that we're using a real place so we can track our actual movements through Google-maps! :P ~ Made-up places are fun and all but it's difficult to keep a detailed account of what's around us. I can certainly see us visiting the places around, maybe even the Airport to the west for possible supply runs and seeing if any of the aircraft are functional. ^_^ You have that small National Guard recruiters station nearby as well so someone that wants to make a military themed character could be more plausible than some Navy-Seal-Commando-Veteran-Master-Chief-Know-It-All-Badass-Captain-Major-Main-Character-Can't-Die-Sergeant-1st-Class-Asshat. ;)

Talking of characters, i'd be interested in perhaps playing as a part-time Fire-fighter from the Henrico Firestation 2 that's just south of the Airport. His normal job would be a self-employed electrician within the Richmond area! :D

Hey, if you could show me where that Roxbury place is I'd be all the happier for it.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Trektek Trektek There's still plenty of time to put up some character sheets :) Roleplayers aren't accepted into a slot until their characters are accepted, so currently there is only one slot filled which is one I have reserved for somebody, besides that there are still 9 slots to fill

Wonderful. I'll try to get a character sheet up tomorrow.:-D

Bravado Bravado Not really used to applying in a CS thread but I'll keep an eye on this. I do have a question, however. What exactly are we talking about when we mean "zombies"? The Walking Dead, WWZ/28 Days Later, Dying Light/L4D, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, etc, etc. Figured to ask because some types I'm more keen on than others.

EDIT: Also, is there a planned cut off date for sheets to be in?

EDIT EDIT: Another question. Is there any specific roles you wish to avoid? I know some people like to avoid military and what not since it tends to distract from the whole survival aspect of zombie apocalypses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back