• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Tales from the Citadel

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
thumb-1920-593750.jpg

"Welcome to the Citadel..."
The year is 2185 C.E. Two years after Saren and his flagship Sovereign assaulted the Citadel, life continues. 13.2 Million people live on the station, this is not even including the bug like keepers who maintain the Citadel. Each of these people have stories, jobs, and daily experiences. These are even more interesting times, given the current events on the wards. Elections are coming up soon to send representatives to govern the wards, rumors have said that the once-thought-dead Commander Sheppard has been spotted on the station, a serial killer that has been dubbed "Crucifix" has been evading C-Sec, gangs such as the Blue Suns have been making moves on the wards, and people are talking about the Collectors. Of course these are just a few things going on...

Auleus Indanian
Indanian's first couple of days on the Citadel had proved fruitless. Auleus was so used to running down crooks and stopping gangs in the Terminus Systems. Now the council had him tracking down some allegedly crooked cop who was allegedly helping a serial killer crucify people. Auleus personally didn't really mind that this "Crucifix" guy was out there. He was only killing people that were hurting others. He could still here the Turian counselor's words :"Morally justifiable homicide is still homicide."

"Why couldn't they have gotten Vasir to do this, she's always just screwing around on Illium anyway," Indanian said aloud to no one in particular. The spectre was making his way to some bar called Lost & Found. The drell there was supposed to have connections to the particular informant Auleus was looking for.

The Turian was dressed in his best civilian clothes as he stepped into the establishment. His sidearm was concealed in his coat. Indanian surveyed the room and elected to sit at the bar. Odds were that the owner of the bar was going to be working the counter. Auleus pulled out his datapad and read the dossier of the bar owner. Osayo Koot was tangentially linked to the informant he was looking for.

For now the Turian spectre waited to order a drink. Hopefully this wasn't another dead end.

~Osayo Koot~

The Drell woman had just begun her shift for the day and was currently working by herself, as days like these tended to be less busy. She preferred these days, as even though busier days obviously equalled more money, less busy days gave her an opportunity to speak with both new people and the regulars, both groups she found interesting to learn about. Not that she liked to share, but after a few rounds, others were happy to do so.

Even on days that weren't "busy" however, the bar still had a fair amount of people inside of it usually. The only free seats were the three right in front of the bar itself while a majority of the dining room tables were filled.

So she quickly noticed when someone sat down at one of the previously empty seats and the Drell took note that this guy was new to her bar. It was a Turian who may or may not be looking for trouble. "Good evening sir, don't think I've seen you here before. What's your poison of choice?" She greeted, walking over so that she would stand right in front of him from behind the bar counter. "I'd personally recommend our Drossix Blue, the Heat Sink, or if you wanna see some shit, I hear our Weeping Heart is great for that and has the added bonus of always having fresh ingredients." She listed off for him, as new people tended to appreciate having suggestions. Her recommendations were mostly based off his species but the last one was simply the most popular cocktail at the Lost & Found, as all the other bars that had it on the Citadel used old Drell venom that needed to be shipped in, which diluted the flavour and the effects of it. Obviously, Osayo didn't need to do that, thus giving her an advantage over the others.

Kifo Tiat
There was word of some Turian spectre on the citadel seeking out intel.... Seeking a informant with connections to the darker side of the city and the underground network. A version of every big city that never gets talked about in the advertisements for traveling and visiting new places, a shadier and more dangerous underbelly that operates in the shadows and makes things less appealing. Kifo knew this side well, often a assassin is contacted by such people for jobs, contracts on targets that benefit them and at times his particular drell took such contracts if the target met his standards.... it may appear and reflect poorly to some should they know, but in reality or how Kifo saw it, he was taking credits from the mob, killers and thieves amongst other types of scum and taking out other killers, thieves, rapists and such without spending a single credit of his own. It was a form of redemption and cleansing of his soul for the sins of his life while keeping a few less villains if you will off the streets and more lives kept safe for it.

Though don’t consider him a blind and ignorant sort, he’s fully aware of the lives he’s taken at certain points of his past that perhaps..... didn’t deserve the fate handed to them. But such is what comes with the life of a assassin, a life with regrets and a sense of duty for a drell, the Hanar saved his people, selected and trained him, they needed protection as they could not exactly fight for themselves. Who ever heard of a Hanar military? There was only drell assassins as far as Kifo as aware to shield them, besides the council races and their support.

But while Kifo was aware of this curious figure and his tracking, he wasn’t about to make it easy for him. One rule exists for Kifo that applies to all who seek him.... don’t..... If your looking to acquire his services he will know and if you check out, or he has reason to appear anyways for other reasons and motivations then he will come. But on his time, his choosing and when you wouldn’t expect it for that was how he liked it. The idea of being tracked, hunted or found on another’s choosing and doing so was less then ideal, it was a sign he was losing his touch. That’s what made working with Thalia so pleasant, where she understood that he would come and uphold his end of the bargain or least he hoped she knew by now, it’s not like he hasn’t given her reason not to trust him that much atleast. She wouldn’t have to hunt him down and ask for it, though it perhaps wasn’t the most ideal for her, but he did uphold his end of the deal and that was a key factor in his operations and continuing to do so.

Standing outside the back alley of the bar known as the “lost and found” shrouded in shadow with a gentle stream of smoke escaping from between his lips and rising into the air above him. A drell stood quiet, a modified vape with a small blue light giving off a slight glow had been held between his fingertips, giving a final take from his vape and putting it away. Kifo held his position allowing for silence and unknown so far presence to lend him the upper hand and keep his method in tact, trying to listen closely for details on what was going on inside the bar. Meanwhile a drink wasn’t a bad idea, but first he would take his time and slip in when the most opportune moment arrived.

Thalia tried to move through the wreckage that was once one of the residantal Wards of the Citadel. The Low Ward was heavily damaged during the Geth Attack a couple of years and though the keepers seemed to have restored life support and other systems in the area it was low on the list for reconstruction by the Council. The place was in pitiful state, wrackage of vehicles, building even geth ships, dead geth and even some bodies of local residence and security forces were still littering the place. It was a difficult wade through with the rest of C-Sec Response Team, having to use biotics clear a path to where they need to be. Which made why they were here the more striking.

A few hours ago, the company responsible for reconstruction of the area had sent a surveyor drone over the area to see how much work they had to do. The operators watching over the drone spotted a body riverted on to a wall near the top of the remnant of skyscraper. From the video footage they had seen it was a krogan with the red ensignia of a blood pack mercenary and high ranking one too. The indicators seemed to be that it was a Crucifix killer again, apart from the riveted victim in a hard to reach place, it was nine days since the last victim was found. Not to mention, the fact that the victim was blood pack that was enough to guess that the victim was a criminal. She had no doubt in her mind that is what it was, she only wondered how someone got a full grown krogan up there.

Eventually they made it through the to the skycrapper remnant and the crime scene techs went to work securing the scene and recovering the evidence. Normally she would follow after them and help out but she did not bother, she knew there was no evidence to be found. She just wanted to be the first to know when the victim was brought down and indentified. In the absence of any physical evidence the best lead she could get was investigating the victims. She had the feeling the were linked somehow, it wasnt a random vigilante attack. There was a link somewhere and she needed to find it.

"Detective!" Called the voice of the asari medical examinar from up high after a couple of hours, she was reading from her omni tool. "We have an id, Glitz, suspected blood pack member... Well now confirmed and phew was this guy was a beauty. I am sending the reports to your omnitool now."

"Thanks, Ara!" Thalia called up at her before she read through the report sent to her. The medical examinar wasnt kidding, being a blood pack was the least of his crimes. Smuggling, murder, rackettering and stuff that could be classafied as war crimes."Cause of death? Nailed to the wall?"

"Looks like it but cant tell yet until i do a proper autopsy... He had suffered a lot of injuries, even the frontal plate was removed. Who ever did this was good, very good."

"Yeah, definetly. Would buy him a drink if i didnt have to arrest him for taking this bastard from the street." Thalia commented."I need to go follow this up. Give me a call if you find anything else ok!?" She called out as she turned to leave, knowing just the right person to call.

Last edited:
sully.png
name.png

"Quiet day today girl." Robert turned to a large german shephered sat patiently next to him. A long tongue hung freely from her mouth looking at her owner with wide eyes. Nyx as he had named her, had mostly black fur but it was broken up in places by sable and was fairly long across the length of her body. She was a shedder but Robert didn't mind. She was great company and a great alarm for when a customer entered the shop if he was downstairs. The man reached down with his hand and scratched behind Nyx's ear.

"I'm done feeding the fish boss!" A high pitched call came from across the shop. Robert turned his head towards the fish tanks to see the stereotypical thin frame of a Salarian. Jeesar Tuzen, or JT as Robert called him, was fairly young and slightly less intelligent than most Salarians, but his heart was in the right place. He cared deeply for all the pets in the shop and treated them as his own. Robert moved from the counter and walked through the aisles until her reached Fisar.

"Good job as always JT." Robert cast a glance over the tanks and the vast number of species spread throughout them. "I don't think we'll get too many more customers today so just get the pups fed and you can shoot off for the day." The corners of JT's mouth curved up in excitement. "Thanks alot Rob!" Robert laughed and patted the salarian on the shoulder, albeit a bit too hard as JT stumbled slightly. "It's alright. Just make sure you lock up when you go, I'm going to pop next door for a few hours." JT rubbed at the slight pain in his shoulder but it didn't detract from the grin on his face. "Sure thing! I'll see you tomorrow." With that JT skipped off towards the back to feed the puppies. With a quick whistle Nyx appeared from behind the counter and stood waiting at Roberts side. He leant down and scratched at the tuffts of hair around her collar. "Come on then...let's go visit Koot." Nyx barked with excitement and the pair headed for the Lost & Found bar.

Entering the bar it was clearly a quieter day but on the other hand most bars in the area would kill for a quiet day like Koot's bar. He made his way to where he usually parked his behind, right in front of the taps at the bar. Nyx bounced excitedly on her front paws, doing her best to look over the bar to see Osayo. As she did Robert set about looking at the other clientele. Nobody really caught his eye until he caught sight of who Koot was talking to. Heavily armed and with an air about him that cried out military, there was no way he was just passing through. He definitely wasn't C-Sec which only left a couple of other options. Either way, Robert sat waiting patiently for Osayo to serve the Turian. He was desperate for his usual pint of lager and could see in the corner of his eye that Nyx was just excited to see Osaya.

nizXBuO.png
"How do you know Dace?"

"Through his mother," Charlotte said, before waving a hand in the direction of the door between them. "I'd be happy to tell you all about it inside."

"You think I can protect you?" came a harsh laugh through the intercom.

"I think I can protect you."

A moment of silence followed by a buzz, permitting access. Charlotte Ambrose straightened the collar of her coat and slipped inside. A minute later, the interview was well underway. This was her seventh; all with Blue Suns members, all disabled or cashed out. All with a similar story and a similar narrative that a reporter like her could work into a god story. She'd need corroborating data, of course. Obviously the Blue Suns were less 'professional mercenary outfit' and more 'hired killers' but she was on the cusp of actually proving it.

An expose like this could put the screws into a morally bankrupt organization while elevating its individual members as people, humans, Turians and even Batarians alike. Charlotte knew putting a face to the normally concealed soldiers could make all the difference in public reaction. That kind of balance made a story more believable. Made a call to action stronger. Made it easier to widen the scope of the story beyond the heartless company and its victimized members to the broader galactic governments that allowed it to exist. Whose regulations and laws made it possible for something like the Blue Suns to flourish.

Two hours later, Charlotte slipped out as unobtrusively as she'd arrived. Her 'camera man' consisted of an Alliance News Network tech attached to tracking her monitors along with any footage her mobile cameras picked up. Working 'alone' made it a lot easier to hide her press credentials, saving them for when they were actually useful and not something that'd make her a target. She was fairly sure the Blue Suns hadn't realized what she was up to. It helped that she was local enough to the Citadel, most of their rank and file wouldn't recognize her given the high turnover rate in their local staff.

"Hey, think your wife's mixed up with something," came the voice of her tech, a gruff Turian probably named something like Decimus but whom she'd dubbed Deecee a year ago. He tolerated the affectation about as well as he tolerated her which was thankfully pretty well.

"Oh?" Charlotte's earrings doubled as comm devices and she gave no other sign of having a conversation as she climbed into a taxi car.

"Nylis d'Eina, she caught a whiff of a lead on the Crucifix. One of her cameras caught a glimpse of the officers on scene before she got her ass ejected. Looks like Thalia to me."

"Is she wearing that lipstick I got her?"

"Charlie, be serious."

"Never!"

"Look, you've got the kind of in that most of us wo-"

"Would kill for, I know." Charlotte huffed out a sigh as the Taxi sped her across the Citadel Wards towards her next destination. Specifically, a bar. She needed a drink to kill the aftertaste of capturing her latest parade of horribles. "Deecee, do you know why I'm married and you're not?"

"Because Asari settle?"

"That only stings because it's true." She chuckled before saying, "No, it's because I don't mix business with pleasure."

"Now I know that's bullshit," the velvety voice of the Turian tech purred in her ear, his deep voice silky with amusement. "What about the Lorenzo case last year?"

"I said I don't. If she comes to me, she knows she can because she knows I can be discreet. Me coming to her, leveraging our relationship into a code of conduct violation for her...never gonna happen, buddy."

"Charlie, you're never going to kick Yezeben from his prime anchor spot with initiative like that."

Charlotte huffed a sigh of regret as she produced a mirror to check her makeup. The Taxi slowed as it neared the Ward in question. The blonde reporter passed over her credit chit and settled up before hopping out, straightening the collar of her coat once more as it settled around her. Wearing a cream blouse with a dark grey skirt, she looked mundane enough to not draw a second look for anything more than her natural good looks.

"I know," Charlotte said at last. Then she forced a smile and set out for her usual drinking hole. If she happened to notice a certain smoking drell hidden in the shadows, she gave no indication of the fact.

Thalia sat in a taxi heading towards Osayo's bar, reading through a data pad with all the details she had on the Crucifix so far. Shifting through any details she missed and learning as much as she could about the latest victim. As expected the crime scene techs found little evidence from this new crime scene, just like the other. As she planned it was through the victims where there was hope of any lead. She typed in her data pad, activating an algorithm that would check for any connection between the victims from what is known about them. She did not have much hope but it was work a try.

As it ran she set the data pad aside and set her head back. She sighed as she rubbed her eyes feeling exhaustion hit her. She had just worked a long shift and was about to leave before being called in to the crime scene. She was looking forward to getting home and cooking a meal for herself and Charlotte and enjoy evening with her. Today was to be their first day for a while that there was hope that they would he home at the same time. She began to laugh as the thought crossed her mind, when did she of all people become a hardworking family woman. It wasnt why she came to the Citadel for.

She came to the Citadel all those years ago on a totally less wholesome reason. She had it good in Terminus System and was well in her way of taking over her gang, yet she was betrayed and almost killed. She was out of the criminal life and had nothing else to do with herself. They only plan she had was for revenge and found the best way is using law enforcement. She would use them to gain intel and put the hurt on her betrayers before she finished them herself. It was one of the reasons she was fascinated by the Crucifix as he was doing pretty much what she intended. Yet she found herself liking what she was doing and was too busy to plan let alone carry out a murder and than Charlotte came along. She was satisfied and content like nothing on the last 100 years of life. Though she did miss at times the excitement of shoot out, the thrill of breaking onto secure computers system.

The taxi settle on the platform not far from the bar. She through a credit chit at the meter and stepped out. She wore black trousers with white line going on edge of each leg, a black tank top, and leather jacket with while sleeves and shoulders while the rest were red. It was a human style she quite liked, Asari style was either elegance or functionality while humans clothing that was a mix of the two which she appreciated.

As she walked she saw a familiar figure ahead of her. A sly came on her lips as she approached Charlotte. "Ma'am, C-Sec, can you hold for a moment." She called out in her firm professional tone. "We have a lot of drug deals in the area and you fit a description we have. You are required to submit to a search."

Auleus Indanian
Suddenly a lot of... interesting characters had made their way into the bar. Auleus was going to try and do this without revealing too much about himself, but it seemed that he had waited too long.

When Koot came up and offered him a beverage he just went for it, "Osayo Koot? My name is Auleus Indanian, Special Tactics and Resonance. I have reason to believe that either you or someone you know can help me with my current assignment."

Indanian let that sink in for a moment. He had tried to keep his tone low but who knows if anyone heard him reveal himself as one of the council's personal operatives. He had noticed that nosy reporter Charlotte Ambrose come in. A few of Indanian's colleagues had encountered her and a few of his Blue Suns contacts had mentioned a woman of her description snooping around. The last thing Indanian wanted to do right now was an interview.

"Do you mind if we speak somewhere a tad more... private?" Auleus finally said after a long pause.

Entrance out front passed through by spectre, voices or one sounded barely could hear it was likely a greeting.... perhaps a drink was offered. But a long silence seemed to take place not long after making Kifo ponder for a moment, would they whisper their communication or was there simply a silent pause in the air? Back alley was a lacking choice but proved beneficial for the most part. Even if the drell couldn’t make out what was said or hear much, he retained his presence in shadow and for now that was the main goal.

Over time muffled voices joined in least one did, while not long after a taxi pulled up and let out a woman with blonde hair, collar now straightened upon her coat and a grey skirt... had he seen her around before? Yes, he seemed quite certain about it... the blue suns? Maybe. Though why she was there he didn’t know but it did make things more interesting to him as the drell smiled a gentle and small grin.“ Thalia.... You’d enjoy this outing I bet.” Kifo thought finding this gathering rather curious and full of possibility that interested him. After all it wasn’t often a spectre, a reporter and a assassin slash informant were all in one place add Thalia and this could be one hell of a story in the making.

Slipping into the back entrance and sliding into a back corner seat. Kifo let the dark of shadow from outside become a welcomed change as now he intended to enter a bit more light while taking in the view of what was going on inside the bar itself. He was actually about to send a message to Thalia about having intel for her and at a most intriguing time and location however that was changing as his eyes set upon the detective herself bringing a wide smile across his face.
“Today is only getting better.....” He thought interlocking his fingers before his face with elbows propped up and on the table, allowing his dark eyes to look over the room while his hands clasped and fingers were interlocked before his nose and lower half of his face.

But while looking around the room tracing and noting various details and positions, people and other things from the guy at the bar with a dog to Thalia and the blonde reporter to the turian spectre himself along with each little shot glass and shine upon the bar from the lights above. The drell paused upon one figure, a fellow drell, she was the bartender then? Honestly this was Kifo’s first trip to this particular bar on the citadel, but the more his eyes peered and gazed at this woman the more his eyes began to widen and mind began to flashing with memories, a series of blinking took place as he recalled mouthed each memory and notable details about each memory. It was how his drell mind worked, he could recall scents, colors, weather and other details but there was more.......

Before the voices were a tad muffled by the walls and he hadn’t dare open the back door much more then a crack. But now seeing this figure Kifo realized he knew this woman.... a fellow drell and on the citadel no less...........

“Osayo.........” Kifo softly uttered behind his hands while many thoughts were going through his mind. Memories fading out and into these thoughts and questions. Today was going to be more then Kifo could have foreseen..... more perhaps then he could have ever expected or thought and just as he was about to place a order for a color me twisted.

~Osayo Koot~

The Drell's large eyes narrowed with annoyance at the Turian. So he wasn't even a customer. Great. "Look, if this is what I think this is about, I highly doubt I can help you. I don't know anybody except my bartenders, my security guards, and the regulars. That's it. Anyone else that you think I know, I don't. If you think otherwise, you are sorely mistaken." She replied, her friendly, approachable attitude dropped. If he was planning to question her about her past relationships or past period, she was not going to have it. She'd left her past behind, and the past had left her behind in turn. It was another life that didn't feel like it was her own anymore.

"If you can't tell, I'm the only bartender here right now. I can't just leave because some guy wandered in and wants to interrogate me for whatever reason. Now, if you were a paying customer, maybe I'd be more willing to waste my time with you. But you're not currently, so thus, I do not currently plan to go anywhere with your shady ass." She walked over and grabbed a pint glass. "Now, if you excuse me, I have actual customers to serve. Let me know if you change your mind and would like something, then I'll maybe consider it." Osayo moved to where the taps were.

"Well, if it isn't my favourite and most adorable patron!" She greeted Nyx, a smile appearing on her plump green lips as she reached over with her free hand to give the dog a quick pat on the head, feeling her annoyance disappear almost immediately. Regulars were, for the most part, a comforting and pleasant sight to see, and Robert and Nyx were no exception. "And, of course, her lovely owner. Sorry for the unnecessary wait, I'm guessing you'd like the usual, Cadogan?" She turned her attention to the human as she prepared his drink. "There we are, your simple but effective alcoholic beverage." Once finished, the woman put the drink down in front of the man, familiar with their routine at this point. "So you're here a little earlier than you normally are, guessing it's been a slow day for you as w-"

Osayo's teal-coloured eyes widened suddenly and her words caught in her throat when she spotted a blue figure sitting at the very back of her bar. She could hear her heart pounding in her chest as she stared, appearing as though she'd seen a ghost to those around her, which was an accurate description. Was she having a flashback? No, this was her bar, that was impossible. It had to be who she thought it was, as Drell were rarely on the Citadel and she highly doubted it was a look-alike. "This cannot be happening to me today..." She muttered under her breath, forcing herself to look away as she grabbed another glass, feeling the sudden but understandable urge to drink. Frankly, she didn't know what would be worse, Kifo coming over to the bar to speak to her or if he just left and disappeared from her life once more. Either way, Osayo didn't dare approach herself, as she feared what reaction she would receive, just as she feared his reaction to her leaving all those years ago. "Sorry, I just um, I thought I saw something. I'm fine." Osayo apologized to Robert, realizing she probably looked crazy just now. "I'll be great after this drink, don't worry. Everything at the shop good? Everything running smoothly, I hope?" She quickly changed the subject, as she began to prepare herself a Full Biotic Kick, a favourite of hers when under emotional stress. The woman had no idea what she was going to say if he did decide to come over but hopefully, the drink would prepare her for anything. For now, she'd try to act normal and pretend everything was just dandy.

nizXBuO.png
That sexy, sweet voice from behind brought a smile to the blonde reporter's face. She stopped in mid-step, pivoted on one heel and faced the C-Sec Officer with such an interest in 'searching' her. "I'm with the Alliance Network News, Officer. We always fully cooperate with C-Sec. Perhaps you'll let me...show you my credentials?" One hand made a suggestive motion in a direction that was unlikely to yield actual press credentials.

Then she winked and tilted her head in the direction of the bar. "Or perhaps I could buy you a drink and you can tell me all about this 'description' you're working from. Can't be too long, though. I've had a day and was just stopping in for a quick one before heading home to the Missus." Giving the Asari a frankly admiring look, Charlotte added, "You'd like her. Besides being a remarkable cook, she's got the most amazing legs. You can quote me on that."

Thalia gave a contented smile when Charlotte turned with that sweet smile of hers and the sapphire blue eyes looking admiring at her. She knew she didn't have Charlotte fooled for a moment but it didn't matter she still played along beautifully. "C-Sec never doubts the cooperation of the Alliance press and though this is likely be a matter of mistaken identity. A... Thorough inspection of your credentials may be required.. Purely for my own piece of mind and record. You understand..."He gave her a flirtatious wink.

" Amazing legs you say... Ah pity I cannot, not while I am on duty I am afraid."Her smile turned smaller as she gave an apologetic gaze. Her way of saying that she would be unlikely to make it home herself. With their respective career, she never knew how much to say to Charlotte. Despite their deal regarding work and private life and Charlotte proven trustworthiness, (Thalia had tested Charlotte a couple of times on that by casually passing false information to her and see if it made it into the news) she didn't what to put Charlotte in a position she had to chose between job and her.

She approched Charlotte placing her hands on her waist." I am also spoken for as well. My bondmate are has the prettiest blue eyes... And fine locks of blonde hair like yours. What are the chances right? I hear it is a rare trait among humans. Rarer this pretty. Maybe that is why I truly stopped you... "

Epiphany Epiphany

sully.png
name.png

Tags: BarakaisBae BarakaisBae DiamondJack DiamondJack

One thing that Osayo was good for was providing entertainment. The amount of times he left the bar with a sore face from laughter were countless. To see her basically tell a Spectre where to go tickled him for some reason and he made a particularly poor attempt to stifle his laughter. The Spectre didn't look amused in the slightest but when it came to her bar, Koot was as ruthless as Aria of Omega fame.

The human watched on as she moved her attention from the belittled Spectre to Nyx. Her hand reached over the bar and graced the thick fur of the dog, who in kind returned a satisfied bark. Her incessent bouncing ceased and she made for the space to Robert's left, curling up on the floor. Of all the bonds he had created with another living creature, few surpassed what he had with Nyx. Fiercely loyal, slightly dopey but all in all a companion filled with nothing but love for him. She was like the sister he never had and if he was to be honest, he'd prefer it this way.

"And, of course, her lovely owner. Sorry for the unnecessary wait, I'm guessing you'd like the usual, Cadogan?" Robert smiled wide and threw her a cheeky wink. "There we are, your simple but effective alcoholic beverage." Eyeing the pint glass until it was in front of him, the human began to salivate. He had be envisaging the pint all day and finally, it was there in front of him. "You are the single greatest Drell in history." As he raised his drink to his mouth, taking a mouthful of the golden nectar, he noticed Osayo stop talking mid sentence. He help his drink at his mouth, averting his gaze towards the bartender. He could see that her eyes were firmly locked on someone who was behind him, presumably a fair distance away. She muttered something before turning around and pouring herself a drink.

The look that had been written across her face was the sort of look someone has when they have done something wrong and then their parents have found out. From his position he would have used the word mortified, it was the most apt word. By time she had turned back to Robert with drink in hand, the colour had somewhat returned to her green skin. She quickly tried to act as if nothing happened, putting on a brave face. "Sorry, I just um, I thought I saw something. I'm fine. I'll be great after this drink, don't worry. Everything at the shop good? Everything running smoothly, I hope?"

In all the time that he had been going to the bar he had never seen Nyx so out of character. All of two minutes prior she had told a Spectre where to go and that was the person he had known, often strong and unshaken. There were times where they opened up and shared stories others may not know but he had never seen such vulnerability in her until now. Whoever or whatever it was, it clearly had an effect on her. Robert decided to humour her questions in the meantime.

"Yeah the shop's good. Had a new batch of Turian Glowfish in last week and they are all gone already. Just a bit quiet today really. To be honest, it's just something to keep me busy. Plus animals are a lot less work than people." Robert raised his drink to take another mouthful, wiping away at the foam that coated his moustache. As his glass hit the bar he looked Koot in her large, dark eyes and spoke in a soft tone. "Osayo...are you ok?" To most people, using someones first name meant nothing, but Robert only ever used hers when he was being sincere. They never spoke the words but from his perspective at least, she was one of his closest friends. For her it could simply be a business thing, keep her regulars happy. For him though, he genuinely cared about her wellbeing. He sat attentively waiting for her reply.

~Osayo Koot~

It was rare for Osayo to be asked personal questions like that, even from the few friends she'd acquired over the years, so she was little taken aback by it. She couldn't help feel disgusted over how much
vulnerability she was showing at that moment, even if it was just to Robert, who'd long ago proven himself trustworthy in her eyes. She wasn't a little girl, she wasn't normally this easy to rattle, but yet, here she was. Rattled. Her parents would be so proud of her...

Dark teal, remorseful eyes stared into Robert's blue ones, as she contemplated what to say in response to his question. "Let's just say I haven't always been the 'Greatest Drell in history' and I was reminded of that just now. So at the moment... Not especially." The bartender finally answered his question after a fairly long pause, finding herself surprised by her own honesty. The woman had a hard time opening up to people after she left Kahje and had many crafty ways of avoiding topics related to herself or her history. "I envy humans sometimes. You can be forgetful, not remember details. Old memories to you are like a photograph across a room. You can make out what it is and know what's going on in it, but it's blurry and you can't see the little things that fully complete the picture. For me, the image is always right in front of my face, clear as day. A blessing sometimes, but mostly a curse." She brought the glass to her lips and took a sip of her drink, finding comfort in the liquid as she felt it go down her throat.

"Ugh, I'm getting all philosophical and depressing. Gross." She shook her shoulders and head, as if to physically shake off all the negative and generally unhappy emotions she was feeling. "If you wanna be the greatest human in history, I beg you to stop me next time I start doing that. It's not a cute look on me at all." She joked, in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"In all seriousness, I'll be fine. I can more than handle myself. But I appreciate your concern, Robert. It's unnecessary but sweet nonetheless. It's nice to know at least one person in this galaxy cares about me." She smiled softly, her radiant white teeth contrasting distinctly against her skin. Taking advantage of the fact no one was ordering or in need of a drink, she began to polish the glasses. It was a relaxing activity that kept her hands busy and clean, shiny dishes made everyone happy.

"Wait, did you just say all the glowfish are gone already? What? Are you serious? I was planning to go take a look at them tomorrow!" She groaned in disappointment. "Guess there goes my plans then. I really shouldn't be surprised, they're just gorgeous to look at, it's no wonder they're gone already. They're like little multi-coloured stars that swim around. I wished we had stuff like that on Kahje, but instead we have Mucklurkers, which are still the ugliest damn fish I've ever seen in my life. An amazing feat considering all the travelling I used to do back in the day."

nizXBuO.png
"Oh, I entirely understand, Officer. You're welcome to take your time. Be as thorough as you like." Charlotte accomplished the impressive feat of somehow keeping a straight face as tone of voice alone layered meaning into a conversation that still might seem casual to a bystander. There was a heat to her cheeks, though, something humans had in common with Asari but always far more visible in a Terran than their blue-skinned counterparts. Like an Asari, it could be caused by embarrassment...or by excitement. Judging by the smoldering intensity of the blonde reporter's eyes, probably the latter.

The heat dampened slightly at Thalia's admission that their time together tonight would probably be short. Which, in honesty, wasn't the end of the world or the Citadel either. They were both career women, both used to long hours. Frankly, Thalia being busy just meant Charlotte wouldn't have to feel guilty if a lead came in. And if none did, well, she needed time to put together her Blue Sun expose anyway.

And yet the opportunity to polish up one of her best assignments this year didn't raise much elation. She'd been married for a few years now and time had done little to dull her appreciation for and interest in her wife. Which is why the heat in her gaze ignited once more when Thalia drew close.

"Brown and brunette is much more common," she said agreeably, slipping her own hands along the Asari's waist before settling her fingers on the woman's hips. "Or black, for both hair and eyes. But then, I understand your people are no stranger to variation either. I've seen purples, light and dark blues. I'm rather fond of your hue, actually. I'm not an easy girl, you know, but you can stop me all you want."

"Oh, look!" Charlotte said, brightening as if she'd just noticed their surroundings. "We happen to be by my favorite drinking spot. If I can't buy an on-duty officer a drink, maybe you could buy me one. It might make the, um," she drew almost within kissing distance, "interrogation go more smoothly."

The days wondering what had become of Osayo could be lost on him. Even the memory of a drell while useful, greatly detailed in every aspect they could recall of a single memory even if seemingly small and meaningless in the larger scope of life. But at the same time it was rather two sided, a drell could become lost in their memories... Kifo often in times alone in some dark room as neon lights entered through his window at night, sometimes flashing as the drell sat upon a bed or the chair at his small lower wards apartment upon the citadel just lost in his past. Mind filling his heart with regrets and sadness but so to does the mind give him happier times, prouder moments.... He could easily leave reality and the physical realm called life.

Right now the surprise of seeing Osayo, learning of her presence being some mere feet away considering the distance between them since her leaving Kahje and til now. It took away his thoughts and active presence in the real time to something that mirrored his nights alone. He was frozen in time unable to grasp onto what he should do, what should he say, should he try anything at all? Not even a whisper could breakthrough his mind and it’s memories of another time. He could recall the first day with Osayo as children, the first day they had met..... he could recall her smile and the games they’d play from there on. While the time shifted in his mind moving on from his earliest memory of her to the day they both were selected for training and entering the school of sorts, if you could even call it that where they’d begin the learning process of becoming a assassin and training their bodies as such. The first run through the course was brutal, grim realities as you realize as a youth, you’d be expected to take a life and trained on how to take it, where each vital point was and how to kill using the simplest of tools and items, it was a hard life and lesson to learn. But it gave him purpose....

Osayo on the other hand.... well she was different, more of a rebel in his mind. She came to struggle with the life and wanted a different life for herself, her assassin days would only continue til that one day when she left and now here she was working the bar called the lost and found, on the citadel of all places.

Still the silence of time and frozen still filled his body and kept his mouth quiet. Kifo remained motionless except for averting his eyes to refrain from staring oddly and creepily by shutting them to a close. Til finally he opened them in enough time to over hear her response to the turian spectre and moving on toward man at the bar with a dog, it wasn’t hard to see they were on good terms, better then the turian so far. He caught notice of eyes meeting his presence causing him to look down, there was still a vulnerability he had when it came to her and how they left things years ago. A vulnerability he thought he had under control as the man intended with all matters that kept him able to feel, able to retain some qualities that made him normal and knowing of love, laughter and truly living in this life instead of completely being overcome by his colder nature that came with the job and the years he spent in it.

It was the small things that preserved him now days, the simple acts of kindness he could afford and elect to share. Decisions of when to break a contract with double cross to preserve the life of someone unworthy of death and more worthy of saving though to him it was a small thing, he realized to them it might have been more. It was those moments that preserved him and helped cleanse his sins or some at least. Small gestures of looking out for the right people and turning his life and it’s work, the tabs he kept and contacts he has made, tricks used over the years and still had for a better use. Thus his role took on a second form, as a informant, a role he intended to enjoy today. But what now?

The tide had shifted on him and now he was falling behind to what was unfolding before him. The vulnerability he felt slipping through his grasp and showing more then he’d ever allow causing the head to sink downward and look away from the woman he knew from another time and noticed him as well. Normally times like this would call for another drink, but he struggled to motion for one or move toward the bar to properly order his drink... the second option was his vape, but as his hand gestured toward his inner coat pocket for the vape he paused just as it moved toward the breast pocket on the inner left side. Something was off, he couldn’t distance himself and close down the feelings he had like he did with others. He kept everyone at a distance in his life, kept himself ahead of those who wish to track him down, limited how close he’d get with someone whether it was a potential friend or ally or something more. But that was easier then with someone who knew you as well as Kifo knew himself.

The pause of his hand as it reached for his vape proved something to him.... he hadn’t dealt with the past like he’d claim to himself to have done. Alright, he knew he was lying to himself this whole time but it worked and he couldn’t have foreseen the day of seeing Osayo again

While Osayo seemed to clean and polish her glasses, take to a drink for herself and remain busy talking with the man at the bar. Kifo looked toward the turian then shifted his gaze toward Thalia and Charlotte, his dark eyes quickly assessing his options trying to get back to business as usual hoping it would return his calm and control and quickly. Meanwhile his mind struggled to push aside the memories, yet calculated a few matters running through his assessment and the time he had before eventually the informant was needed. The color of his blue skin with hints of light gold and black returning a bit more to his face.

Slowly he pressed off from the tables with his palms, head low and shoulders held just enough to keep him mostly upright of posture as his back straightened out, head slowly lifting from below his shoulders and chin away from his chest determined to order that drink and let happen whatever it was that was meant to happen today he’d learn to adapt and learn from it.... he would have to really.

With a final move out from the chair and table he was at, the drell looked up and first toward the turian and Thalia who was with the blonde reporter. Giving a momentary glance toward the man at the bar and his dog companion before reaching the bar slowly with a hand gently placed upon the surface, a breath taken and exhaled before looking toward Osayo looking like he was about to speak from the motion his lips began to make before pausing. “A color me twisted please, Osayo....” The man softly spoke still uncertain how to speak without feeling the words being wrong and tone being too much or too little. The mood was always difficult to navigate in such scenes like this one. It wasn’t like this was some movie you’d watch with your significant other and await a happy ending. This was real and harder to read, tougher to know what would happen or how to navigate it. “I..... Didn’t know, if you are wondering. But it’s.... Hello.” Kifo continued words struggling to escape him and finish a sentence in more proper form. Meanwhile he reached for his credit chit and placed it upon the bar.

Auleus Indanian
Auleus couldn't say he was surprised by the Drell's response. Despite being above the law, Indanian was not a cop. He could always force her to divulge the information, but abducting her probably wasn't a good idea. Taking a civilian in broad "daylight" would look bad and would probably get Auleus dismissed.

The Turian put his head in his hands for a moment. He had to think of something. There wasn't exactly a time frame for his assignment, but Indanian wanted to get the hell off the Citadel and back into the Terminus Systems. Shooting Batarian pirates and Blood Pack mercenaries was a lot more Auleus' speed.

The spectre reevaluated his options. There was plenty of characters in the bar that could offer assistance. The reporter might be a useful ally in his campaign and the C-Sec officer she was with could also hopefully help him get in on the "Crucifix" case.

It was then that the original Drell that Indanian was here to get to just walked up to the bar.

"No fucking way," Indanian said under his breath. Then another monkey wrench was thrown his way. The two Drell were acting as if they hadn't seen each other in some time. Auleus was efficient but he wasn't heartless. He was going to let the two have their moment.

Auleus got up from the bar and went for the officer and the reporter. The two were obviously pretty close, so if he could get in good with one the other might also be willing to help.

"Take two," the Turian muttered as he walked up to the pair. "Hello ladies," Indanian said announcing his presence, "Sorry to interrupt. My name is Auleus Indanian, Special Tactics and Resonance. If I'm correct you're Charlotte Ambrose." He then turned to the Asari, noting that she was probably a detective given the way she was dressed, and with a nod he said, "Detective."

"I've been asked by the Council to monitor the Crucifix case," Auleus said, "I was hoping either of you might be able to assist me."

It was a long shot and Auleus had hoped not to get directly involved with C-Sec but he was determined to get this resolved sooner rather than later.

Thalia smirked this was fun and she wished badly that this fun to continue. However she was here for a reason and she was sure Charlotte had her own reason, not to mention this was not the time and place for what Charlotte inspired Thalia to do with her bondmate. "I definitely could, ma'am. You seemed to have found a loop hole in the rules. Not just a pretty face I see, I need to be more careful with you."

She leaned in the rest of the distance, a pressed her lips gently on to Charlotte's in a short but sweet kiss." I am afraid that would have to do as an examination of your credentials. It just barely passes inspection but you are free to go, for now. I am sure we both have other matter to attend to. I may call on you again for a more in depth interrogation later, so I advice you not to leave the space station until than."

Despite her words she hesitated letting go of Charlotte and seemed to go for another kiss before a turian seemed to step out the bar and greet them. She let go of Charlotte and turned to the turian Specter, crossing her arms and looking at him probingly and suspiciously. That is what she needed right now, a Specter over shoulder muscling into the investigation and her. It may be hypocritical for her to think so, but Specter to her were simply were no better than mercenaries. Criminals hiding behind a sense of legitimancy, for mercenaires it was behind business and the contract while for spectres was self righteousness. She doubted the council had real power over them if Saren was an indicator and see had seen enough of crime to know when given such power and freedom, corruption soon followed.

"Perhaps, you have credentials to back up your introduction?" Thalia asked her tone turned cold and suspicious, long gone was the playfulness of before. "You forgive the question, Specter, I thought the council would have sent down word that they had no faith in us and that they have sent a Specter."
Epiphany Epiphany DiamondJack DiamondJack

Frank Porter
Lost and Found

Porter slammed the locker shut, despite the noise reverberating about the locker room, the background hum of conversation continued without pause, in fact that conversation was often punctuated by the closing and opening of lockers. Shift change at C-Sec headquarters, and as such the place was a hub of activity, a mix of officers going off shift, and those just about to come on. Thankfully Porter was part of the latter group. He stood there grinning, his uniform already hung up and in the locker. Aside from the white boxers and a towel around his shoulders, he wasn’t wearing a whole lot. The grin was directed towards the Turian desk sergeant who was just about to start his shift.

“Well what can I say Victus, I tried my best, but there’s still a healthy stack of paperwork waitin’ for you. You know what the big wigs upstairs are like, they want everythin’ signed in triplicate, then duplicated and signed again. You’re singin’ to the choir here, I wish we could just burn the lot too,”

The Turian simply let out a non commital grunt. Porter chuckled to himself as he pulled his shirt and jeans on, before lacing up his boots. It had been a long old day, far too much of it spent at his desk filling out various forms and reports as opposed to being out on the beat. Fair enough it had to be done, and for everyday which was spent at his desk, it meant he could spend the best part of the next day doing what he loved most, being out on patrol, playing an active part in the Citadel community. It's what was sorely needed, confidence and morale had been shattered following the Geth attacks, the Blue Suns and other gangs were attempting to use the confusion in C Sec to make moves on the wards, and there was talk of a serial killer stalking parts of the station. Right now a public presence was needed. This 'Crucifix' isn't helping matters either, bodies being found with surprising regularity. He pulled his jacket on, a rather simple black leather thing, worn in places. The best part about it was it covered his hip holster without giving it away with an obvious bulge.

"Right same time tomorrow guys,"

He waved a hand in the direction of the locker room and slipped out the door. Leaving the station he soon hit the hustle and bustle of the wards. It was easy to get stuck in the C Sec bubble if you spent too long at the station, it was almost like someone had carved out part of the presiding and dumped it there, clean sterile, lifeless (aside from the holding cells). Out here,, this was the real citadel he thought to himself as he sidestepped a couple of Hanar, he had no time for that conversation. His shift didn't start till midday tomorrow, so he could relax at least a little tonight, not so much that he'd end up waking up in the gutter, but enough to have at least a couple of beers. There was only one place to go, The Lost and Found, the booze was reasonably priced, the atmosphere was pretty good and most importantly it was exactly halfway between the station and his apartment.

He entered the bar, the hum of conversation partly replaced by the beat of the background music, some half recognisable song which for the life of him he couldn't recall. He found himself nodding along to the best as he made his way towards the bar. It wasn't quite heaving yet, a human and a Drell at the bar, not to mention only one bartender, hopefully not a sign of bad business, a lot of quality bars had been lost, mostly under several tons of rubble, the Nova Rooms, the Lusty Krogan… great establishments lost to the Geth. If the Lost and Found went under that seriously jeopardises his drinking habit. He leaned against the bar, pulling a credit chit out of his jacket pocket which he began to spin between his fingers. Whilst the Drell was ordering he glanced about the bar. Turned out there were a couple of familiar faces about, the trio across the way. Detective T'Lock, he couldn't say he was exactly best friends with her, detectives were normally too busy (or considered themselves too busy) to socialise with the beat officers, but she was a known quantity. And shit she had the media with her, ANN itself the media hotshots of the Alliance, probably best to only keep it to a couple of beers then, as for the Turian… he squinted a little at him. Nah he had no clue who he was, probably a fan of Ambrose maybe, after an autograph. He gave a mental shrug, flicking his attention away from them and to the general crowd, his other hand drumming against the bar counter.

sully.png
name.png

Tags: BarakaisBae BarakaisBae The Silent Z The Silent Z

As Osayo spoke, Robert sat and listened. His eyes did not break from hers and he took in every word. The water droplets running down his class tickled at his fingers as his drink remained motionless, the thought of drinking during her words the furthest thing from his mind. Her words, the way she spoke, they were a far cry from her usual tone. She had opened up a philosophical side that he had not seen before. For the first time she was sharing something meaningful about herself that didn't involve the bar. Her words of humanities clearly inferior memory recall tugged at his chest, the thought of being able to vividly relive the worst moments of your life was not something he pictured as being pleasant. His usual smile faded into a look of sorrow for what it must be like for Osayo and her entire people. Everyone had heard of the Drell memory but Rob had never sat down and really thought about it. Now...it was becoming clear it was more of a burden than a gift.

She paused for a moment to take a sip of her drink, most likely to help her put the emotional wall back up before Rob could probe further. She continued on with her usual Aria-esque demeanour but the one thing that she gave him that Aria never would, a smile. He returned one in kind and spoke, tilting his glass slightly in her direction in recognition of her thanks. Robert eyed his glass and took another mouthful, in which time Koot began to lament the sell out of Turian glowfish before talking about the legendary ugliness of Mucklurkers of Kahje. He laughed heartily at the expression on Osayo's face as she talked about the Mucklurkers. The sheer level of disgust contorted her face in such a way it was hard not to laugh.

"Well how about when I get my next delivery in you come over and take a look? You can have your pick of whatever ones you want." Robert took another mouthful from his glass, the temperature of the drink now approaching room temperature. "Who knows...maybe i'll be able to get you to open up properly...i'm fed up of being the only one crying into their pint." Rob spoke in jest, referring to the one time he was so drunk he spent half the night crying about a fish he had found dead in one of his tanks...not his best moment.

Before Robert could carry on he spotted a shadow approach, taking a space next to him at the bar. In his peripheral vision he could make out a male Drell and in an instant he made the assumption that this person was the reason for the sudden change in Koot. He was a new face, someone he had never seen before but when he spoke he used her name. The faith in his assumption was steeled and the Drell's words that followed all but confirmed it for him. He looked up at the Drell and at Osayo, he could physically feel the tension emanating from the pair and so returned his glance to his drink. He could have and maybe should have left, but he decided to hang around, just in case things took a turn. He reached into his right inside jacket pocket, his finger gently pushing a small metal lever on its way to one of Nyx's treats. He removed his hand slowly and leant over to his animal companion and smiled as she looked up at her bone shaped biscuit. She softly took it from his hand before returning to a curled up ball of fluff on the floor.

~Osayo Koot~

Osayo snickered in response to Robert’s joke. “The day you see me cry is the day I close this bar, move back to Kahje, and become a housewife. So, never.” She joked, feeling better just from talking to Robert. It’s easy to forget how nice friends can be when you close yourself off most of the time. “Although I might get a little emotional if you’re serious and I can get any fish I want. Only a little though. Thank you in advance by the way because that’s really nice of you. Once again, not necessary, but highly appreciated.”

Osayo wasn't sure what she had been expecting to happen, but she had hoped she'd have been better prepared with a drink in her hand, a close friend by her side, and being in the place she considered home. Well, she quickly discovered that this was false, as her stomach felt as though it had tied itself into multiple tight knots when Kifo approached the bar.

It was hard to believe that anyone from her past would reappear like this, let alone Kifo of all people. Even harder to believe was how little the man had changed since she last saw him almost a decade ago, as if he had been plucked straight from the library of memories in her head and placed into the real world. She wondered briefly if maybe she were dreaming all of this, wouldn't be the first time she'd thought up something like this only to wake up to the cold realization that her old life and all those in her old life were gone. Well, maybe not all anymore. This was real however, for better or for worse. Osayo felt a mix of emotions from all sides of the spectrum, with the main three being guilt, shame, and happiness. It was strange to feel shameful yet joyful all at once.

It took her a moment to process what Kifo had said, becoming very lost in thought as she tried to decipher the confusing feelings she was experiencing. "Oh, um, yeah. I-I can do that for you." She nodded, scolding herself mentally for sounding like such an idiot. It was so out of character of her to act like this but this situation was so strange.

Usually, Osayo was a very fast and flashy bartender, concocting cocktails in ten seconds or less while continuing friendly conversation with patrons. But her movements were more conscious and slower, fearing messing up if she went faster due to her nerves. This wasn't even a hard drink to make for her, but her knots just kept getting tighter.

Osayo giggled as Kifo attempted to explain himself to her, feeling somewhat relieved that he didn't seem upset with her. At least, not at that moment. "Yeah, I didn't think you did. Our little staring contest back there kind of gave it away." She stated, putting the finished beverage in front of the other Drell. "However you may have ended up here, I'm glad you did. It's um..." Osayo paused to compose herself, feeling a lump forming in her throat. "It's been a long time. A really long time." She finished her sentence, glancing to the side of the bar briefly.

In the corner of her eye, she noticed the credit chit. "You're not seriously trying to pay me right now, are you, Kifo?" She questioned, her tone playful as she slid it away from her, feeling some confidence returning the more she spoke. Not as much as usual, but some nonetheless. "It's on the house tonight. 'Least I can do after... You know." How could she possibly accept money from someone who she wronged and probably hurt? It just didn't feel right.

She was silent once more, contemplating if she should ask what she wanted to. Finally, she decided it was worth a shot and she didn't really have anything to lose. "H-Hey, so do you have any time? Like, to talk? Just you and me? My shift is pretty much done, one of my bartenders will be here any minute so I'm free if you'll have me." She rubbed the frills on the back of her head and neck as she asked, which was something she usually did when anxious or otherwise uncomfortable. "I j-just really want to talk to you. I need to talk to you. I know you’re probably really busy, but I also know you probably have a lot to say and ask me, so I wanna give you that opportunity." She told him, not wanting to go into too much detail at the expense of their privacy.

nizXBuO.png
DiamondJack DiamondJack ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
As a civilian, Charlotte didn't carry an Omni-Tool. A reporter had no need of 80% of an Omni-Tool's functions and she wasn't an engineer or a technician anyway. Besides, sporting a flashy Omni-Tool was a great way to get people to take you more seriously than you might want them to. Instead, Charlotte had a Civ-Tool, with all of the scanning, recording and communications functions the average civilian might need. While her wife glared at the Spectre, she took advantage of the impasse to do a biometric scan of him and query Citadel records for confirmation of his status.

In the meantime, she just raised an eyebrow and asked , "What's the Council's interest in the Crucifix case? Spectres seem like overkill for dealing with serial murderers." Charlotte paused, as if deep in thought, which was really a cover to allow the Turian to hopefully fill in the space with an explanation. Centuries ago, humans had figured out that if someone asks a question and doesn't say anything, the other party will generally speak up just to fill the void in conversation. So far, it seemed to work on most space-faring species as well.

Assuming her Civ-Tool responds with a confirmation, the reporter discreetly angles the holographic confirmation at an angle for Thalia to easily notice and take note of.

Auleus Indanian
Auleus was used to skepticism. He pulled out a small wallet case and flipped it open. Inside was a physical badge and identification card that offered Indanian's credentials. The Turian had the physical credentials issued to him when he got tired of pulling up his Omni-Tool.

"I assume that will be satisfactory Detective," Auleus said. He thought hard about how to answer the questions without completely revealing his true motives. "I'm more here on a personal mission," the Spectre lied, "This guy has killed a few of my more... underground contacts." That part was true. "I got clearance to operate on the Citadel in order to make sure that the Spectres can still rely on the least corrupt of the underworld. Besides it'll probably be good for local morale to think that the Council cares enough about the day to day on the Citadel to investigate the boogeyman of the wards."

Indanian hoped that the two ladies bought his half-truths. Having a damn good reporter and a Detective on his side would make uncovering this conspiracy, or lack thereof, a lot easier. Even if this turned out to be an overreaction by the Council, it would do Auleus' resume good to have caught such a meticulously elusive killer.

Epiphany Epiphany ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

For Syrra, her first time on the Citadel was starting to suck. The Blue Suns hadn't decided to kick off quite yet, and she wasn't suited for protection jobs, so she'd been put on standby. Which meant being cooped up at the Main Office for the last few days. Extremely bored of having nothing else to do but work out, she picked a fight with a tech and his heavy mech. Which she thought was actually pretty fun, but ended up having to pay for the repair bill of the now one-armed mech.

To not have a repeat, those in command decided to give the volatile Asari something to do until they needed her. Preferably something that didn't involve picking fights with mech techs, or others among the Eclipse. With a few guidelines, Syrra was given the task of finding the "Crucifix", a serial killer who's targets had included some of the Eclipse's under the table associates, and their deaths were drawing too much attention. However, her registered armament and kit were restricted to official jobs only, so she was stuck wearing her casual clothes.

The artificial air didn't have a 'taste', like some of the stations she'd been on, but it was definitely cooler than her attire from Illium was made for. It wasn't enough to overtly bother her, but her brisk pace through the Ward helped keep her comfortable. After having spent several hours familiarizing herself the area, she was wondering if she should call it a day, and look into this Armax Arsenal Arena she'd seen being advertised. At least, until she overheard something while passing by a bar, causing her to search for its source.

"...the Crucifix case. I was hoping either of you might be able to assist me."

Seeing as they were the only people who were actively conversing, and now had Syrra's full attention, the other asari's sass was caught in full, "Perhaps, you have credentials to backup your introduction? You'll forgive the question, Spectre. I thought the Council would've sent down word that they've no faith in us, and that they sent a Spectre."

With the mention of a "Spectre", her interest was piqued twice over. Making herself comfortable against a wall nearby, Syrra made no real effort to disguise her eavesdropping. Although excited at the prospect of seeing what a Spectre was capable of, it was the "Crucifix" that she'd been looking for, so picking a fight would have to wait until after the trio were done chatting.

DiamondJack DiamondJack [Auleus] Epiphany Epiphany [Charlotte] ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki [Thalia]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back